[April 26, 2024, 10:00:30 PM]

Marquette Football Update by Viper
[April 26, 2024, 08:10:52 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by avid1010
[April 26, 2024, 07:48:11 PM]

Does Bucky NOT have a Basketball NIL? by WhiteTrash
[April 26, 2024, 03:52:54 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Titan Submersible  (Read 2788 times)

wadesworld

• All American
Titan Submersible
« on: June 20, 2023, 02:54:40 PM »
Pretty crazy that people would trust this.  Just watching this video would make me not get on that thing for even a 50 foot dive.  Hope a good result comes of this, but it's looking pretty unlikely.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=29co_Hksk6o
« Last Edit: June 20, 2023, 04:14:06 PM by wadesworld »
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

MuggsyB

• All American
Re: Titan Submersible
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2023, 03:39:57 PM »
Pretty crazy that people would trust this.  Just watching this video would make me not get on that thing for even a 50 foot dive.  Hope a good results come of this, but it's looking pretty unlikely.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=29co_Hksk6o

Hard Pass There.  That's not to say I don't have sympathy but most of the potential outcomes seem bleak.  And who's to know if a nearby Kraken bangerd it or another creature? 

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2023, 03:42:08 PM »
Unless they miraculously survive, I hope they had a sudden blowout that made their deaths relatively quick and painless.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2023, 03:43:45 PM »
Unless they miraculously survive, I hope they had a sudden blowout that made their deaths relatively quick and painless.

Good point. 

• All American
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2023, 05:44:02 PM »
It would be a blow in via implosion, but yeah, pretty much instantaneous if that is the case.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2023, 06:12:28 PM »
It would be a blow in via implosion, but yeah, pretty much instantaneous if that is the case.

I'd consider paying $250k to go out that way

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2023, 06:13:46 PM »
Without doing the math, I'd assume, given the same time frame, we could rescue someone on the moon with more likelihood then this rescue.

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2023, 06:22:08 PM »
I'd consider paying $250k to go out that way

But wouldn't that depend on your age?

dgies9156

• All American
« Reply #11 on: June 20, 2023, 06:29:09 PM »
Big question with these is since they don’t have windows, what is the point?

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #12 on: June 21, 2023, 04:33:20 AM »
Big question with these is since they don’t have windows, what is the point?

come on dog, there's a window seat from the head.  so you have to have a bm in order to get the best "seat" in the house.  one way to secure that is to drop a stinger.  talk about depleting the O2 levels.  if i'm going to be down there for any period of time with 4 others, me thinks ya gotta have a say in what everyone consumes up to 48 hours pre launch, eyn'a?  no legumes or closing the 'lanche/real chili
don't...don't don't don't don't

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #13 on: June 21, 2023, 05:38:00 AM »
Killer manatees.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #14 on: June 21, 2023, 07:52:17 AM »
Killer manatees.

i'm waiting for the movie
don't...don't don't don't don't

pbiflyer

• All American

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #16 on: June 21, 2023, 04:37:37 PM »
Killer manatees.

They're innocent and don't frequent that area. 

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #17 on: June 21, 2023, 08:13:46 PM »
While I can't imagine how horrific it must be for the individuals on the Submersible, I also can't help but notice the disparity in how we are responding.

Millions are being spent for this search and rescue. But migrant ships go missing all the time, and most countries just look the other way.

Canada is saying the cost doesn't matter, its about saving lives. But we let people starve around the world, or die because they can't afford insulin or access to medical care.

It is a bit enlightening on what we will spend money on to "save lives" and what we just ignore.

I personally, think we should do everything we can to save any and all lives, and hope that the people on Titan are rescued. But I wish the world cared equally about all lives.

• All American
« Reply #18 on: June 21, 2023, 08:14:57 PM »
While I can't imagine how horrific it must be for the individuals on the Submersible, I also can't help but notice the disparity in how we are responding.

Millions are being spent for this search and rescue. But migrant ships go missing all the time, and most countries just look the other way.

Canada is saying the cost doesn't matter, its about saving lives. But we let people starve around the world, or die because they can't afford insulin or access to medical care.

It is a bit enlightening on what we will spend money on to "save lives" and what we just ignore.

I personally, think we should do everything we can to save any and all lives, and hope that the people on Titan are rescued. But I wish the world cared equally about all lives.

Yep.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #19 on: June 21, 2023, 09:45:44 PM »

Agree 100%.

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #20 on: June 21, 2023, 11:25:23 PM »

If only the migrants were smart enough to be millionaires, we’d hear their stories every day.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #21 on: June 21, 2023, 11:39:49 PM »

Best comment I've seen anywhere about this situation. Thanks for posting.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #22 on: June 22, 2023, 06:37:04 AM »

I also listen to NPR.  ;D

But yes, it was a great point and puts on display for the world to see how we value life, and who matters.

Scoop Snoop

• All American
« Reply #23 on: June 22, 2023, 08:22:27 AM »

There are rarely posts on the Superbar that we all agree on. This is one of the best I have ever seen. Thank you for posting this.
Wild horses couldn't drag me into either political party, but for very different reasons.

"All of our answers are unencumbered by the thought process." NPR's Click and Clack of Car Talk.

Spotcheck Billy

• All American

feedback