[Today at 06:21:27 AM]

2024 Coaching Carousel by The Lens
[Today at 05:12:28 AM]

45 minutes ago at the Dallas Westin by MuggsyB
[Today at 12:19:24 AM]

Where is Marquette? by marqfan22
[March 28, 2024, 09:29:52 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: RIP Pat Robertson  (Read 3507 times)

lawdog77

• All American
Re: RIP Pat Robertson
« Reply #25 on: June 08, 2023, 05:32:44 PM »

Huh. Yeah it says “what are the largest” but then describes 15 of them by number. Weird.
Yep: It states:
Which ones are the biggest? This article describes 15 influential NGOs located in places like the United States, Europe, and South Asia.

Which, of course, has nothing to do with size.Save the children is not the world's largest ngo. Articles I have read state BRAC is.

dgies9156

• All American
« Reply #26 on: June 08, 2023, 06:29:49 PM »

Kind of interesting that you claim they are the largest, but when you click the link you provided, CRS is listed #7.

First of all, I'm not a go**amn researcher. I read the fact at one point, probably in the Chicago Tribune, Wall Street Journal or NBC Nightly News, and retained it. Unlike some in here, I've got better things to do with my day than research every single time someone challenges a fact. Go look it up yourself if you think I'm wrong. But I challenge you to find an NGO that's reaching more than 193 million people in 116 countries.

Good luck!

Secondly, I don't know if the list is ranked. Nor do I terribly care. What I see is a huge group of people of are devoting their lives to serving others. A group of people if you came out of an anti-Catholic, woke haze, you'd realize that they're doing exactly what classic liberal theory wants us to do -- take care of the folks in our world most in need. This is a huge wealth transfer from those of us who "have it" to those of us who "need it." Guess what: You don't need a government to do that! Americans -- and Catholics for that matter -- are among the most generous people on Earth!

I get that people hate the Roman Catholic Church (which begs the question of why they are in this room and why they went to Marquette). Pedophilia clouds peoples vision. And, for the record, I saw it up close in the 1970s at my high school. But you don't throw the baby out with the bathwater. I get that others don't like Catholics because, well, our stand on life (including opposition to the Death Penalty). But for the sake of millions around the world who need CRS, don't denigrate the work they do.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2023, 06:32:53 PM by dgies9156 »

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #27 on: June 08, 2023, 07:11:19 PM »
Pedophilia clouds peoples vision.

Crazy, right?

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
  • "Private message me coward" - panda
« Reply #28 on: June 08, 2023, 08:15:43 PM »
First of all, I'm not a go**amn researcher. I read the fact at one point, probably in the Chicago Tribune, Wall Street Journal or NBC Nightly News, and retained it. Unlike some in here, I've got better things to do with my day than research every single time someone challenges a fact. Go look it up yourself if you think I'm wrong. But I challenge you to find an NGO that's reaching more than 193 million people in 116 countries.

Good luck!

Secondly, I don't know if the list is ranked. Nor do I terribly care. What I see is a huge group of people of are devoting their lives to serving others. A group of people if you came out of an anti-Catholic, woke haze, you'd realize that they're doing exactly what classic liberal theory wants us to do -- take care of the folks in our world most in need. This is a huge wealth transfer from those of us who "have it" to those of us who "need it." Guess what: You don't need a government to do that! Americans -- and Catholics for that matter -- are among the most generous people on Earth!

I get that people hate the Roman Catholic Church (which begs the question of why they are in this room and why they went to Marquette). Pedophilia clouds peoples vision. And, for the record, I saw it up close in the 1970s at my high school. But you don't throw the baby out with the bathwater. I get that others don't like Catholics because, well, our stand on life (including opposition to the Death Penalty). But for the sake of millions around the world who need CRS, don't denigrate the work they do.

Calm the f*ck down. I already said I didn’t realize the list wasn’t ranked and never said anything about the Catholic Church.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #29 on: June 09, 2023, 09:49:00 AM »
Ah yes, the anti-catholic woke haze. Uh huh.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

Uncle Rico

• All American
« Reply #30 on: June 09, 2023, 10:55:24 AM »
Ah yes, the anti-catholic woke haze. Uh huh.

People forget Catholics built roads
“This is bar none atrocious.  Mitchell cannot shoot either.  What a pile of dung”

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #31 on: June 09, 2023, 04:41:15 PM »
Weirdest, most disconcerting thing about Robertson was going by Pat his entire life cause his brother patted him on the cheeks as a baby.

GB Warrior

• All American
« Reply #32 on: June 09, 2023, 07:16:32 PM »
Calling for an investigation into the longevity of Henry Kissinger

WhiteTrash

• All American
« Reply #33 on: June 09, 2023, 07:23:22 PM »

Good luck!

Well said. These days people are too lazy to get the whole story and just read the headlines. There a pedophiles everywhere, so the Catholic Church is not even close to being unique. Some people in the Church handled it horribly wrong. They should and have been put in prison. I think that is the major cause of anger towards the Church. That is understandable.

Protecting podophiles has never been the mission of the Church (it was of some Church leaders), it was/is a major black eye but is hardly the whole  story of the Church and it is a good institution to be celebrated and recognized as such.

Protecting and preserving slavery was never the mission of the United States (it was of the Democratic Party), it was a major black eye but hardly tells the whole story of the US and it is a good county to be celebrated and recognized as such. 

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
  • "Private message me coward" - panda
« Reply #34 on: June 09, 2023, 07:37:52 PM »
“Some people handled it horribly wrong?”

Cmon… These weren’t exactly isolated incidents. These were systematic cover ups. Look I think the Church has done a lot to reconcile and does a lot of good in the world. But that’s not minimize what happened here.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #35 on: June 09, 2023, 07:45:05 PM »
Weirdest, most disconcerting thing about Robertson was going by Pat his entire life cause his brother patted him on the cheeks as a baby.
It was either that or go by his given name of Marion. I think he made the right decision.
Winning is overrated. The only time it is really important is in surgery and war.
                       ---Al McGuire

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #36 on: June 09, 2023, 09:12:03 PM »
Protecting podophiles has never been the mission of the Church (it was of some Church leaders), it was/is a major black eye but is hardly the whole  story of the Church and it is a good institution to be celebrated and recognized as such

Yeah, it's totally unfair to focus just on child sex abuse when the church has had so many other horrific moments.
Like, the Inquisition. Turning a blind eye to the Holocaust. Indulgences. Burnings at the stake. Crusades II-IV. Abuse of indigenous populations in North America.

pbiflyer

• All American
« Reply #37 on: June 09, 2023, 11:03:41 PM »
I saw an announcement about his death.

Warriors4ever

• All American
« Reply #38 on: June 09, 2023, 11:15:46 PM »
Catholic Relief Services is a group I donate to every year, they do tons of good work, and I know the head of Catholic Extension, they also do great work in the US, so they are on my list as well. It was partly how my own parish became involved in Katrina relief work, which I had personal involvement with.
And in fairness, while one can fault the hierarchy and some clergy for their actions during the Holocaust, many other priests and nuns  put their lives on the line to save lives or do other acts resisting the Nazis.
I will not miss Pat Robertson.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #39 on: June 10, 2023, 08:29:43 AM »
I saw an announcement about his death.

Robertson clearly died because god took revenge against swindlers who grifted in her name. And Pat's now spending eternity emceeing Pride events in Dayton.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2023, 08:31:22 AM by MU82 »
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #40 on: June 10, 2023, 10:48:45 AM »
It was either that or go by his given name of Marion. I think he made the right decision.

He believed Marion was very effeminate. There are a lot of people who go by a name other than their legal first name.

Examples… Rachel on Vanderpump goes by Raquel. MU82 goes by Desiree, but only when at the bathhouse

Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #41 on: June 10, 2023, 12:12:57 PM »
Thou shalt love thy neighbor as thyself.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

tower912

• All American
« Reply #42 on: June 10, 2023, 12:16:35 PM »
I try to live by that.   However, I am full of self loathing, so....
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Uncle Rico

• All American
« Reply #43 on: June 10, 2023, 02:06:27 PM »

#endtimes
“This is bar none atrocious.  Mitchell cannot shoot either.  What a pile of dung”

tower912

• All American
« Reply #44 on: June 10, 2023, 04:19:11 PM »
So woke.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

Uncle Rico

• All American
« Reply #45 on: June 10, 2023, 04:34:10 PM »

tower912

• All American
« Reply #46 on: June 10, 2023, 04:41:58 PM »
Ted Kaczynski has died, too.

Uncle Rico

• All American
« Reply #47 on: June 10, 2023, 04:43:16 PM »

MurphysTillClose

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #48 on: June 10, 2023, 05:30:37 PM »
Ted Kaczynski has died, too.

Shoutout to Evergreen Park High School

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #49 on: June 11, 2023, 06:37:51 AM »
Crazy, right?

you must be anti education, anti boys and girl scouts, anti child care, anti michigan state gymnastics...whatever organization has had a miscreant associated with it then, right?

pedophiles rob banks because that is where the "money' is buddy

if you find them in an organization you don't like to begin with, then ta hell wit them all, eyn'a?

no doubt there may even be a few pedophiles in the legal profession, no?

oh, what do we have here?

https://www.reuters.com/legal/legalindustry/washington-high-court-says-convicted-sex-offender-can-practice-law-2022-11-03/
don't...don't don't don't don't

feedback