collapse

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: RIP Pat Robertson  (Read 3688 times)

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
Re: RIP Pat Robertson
« Reply #50 on: June 11, 2023, 10:22:04 AM »
  you must be anti education, anti boys and girl scouts, anti child care, anti michigan state gymnastics...whatever organization has had a miscreant associated with it then, right?

pedophiles rob banks because that is where the "money' is buddy

if you find them in an organization you don't like to begin with, then ta hell wit them all, eyn'a?

no doubt there may even be a few pedophiles in the legal profession, no?

oh, what do we have here?

https://www.reuters.com/legal/legalindustry/washington-high-court-says-convicted-sex-offender-can-practice-law-2022-11-03/

8 out of 10

Excellent whataboutism and good use of air quotes.
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #51 on: June 14, 2023, 01:41:35 PM »
Sorry, had to resurrect this thread since I didn't get to comment that this man was a scummy, bigot, thief.

May he rot in the ground as an example of the opposite of what a true Christian is.

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #52 on: June 14, 2023, 05:00:17 PM »
Sorry, had to resurrect this thread since I didn't get to comment that this man was a scummy, bigot, thief.

May he rot in the ground as an example of the opposite of what a true Christian is.

Finally, Hards-god has judged him and he can move on from purgatory.
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #53 on: June 14, 2023, 06:09:50 PM »
Finally, Hards-god has judged him and he can move on from purgatory.

Oh if only I had that power.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers

MU82

• All American
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Spotcheck Billy

• All American
« Reply #56 on: June 29, 2023, 10:20:20 AM »
I blame trans people.

Hey now, I work in transportation bud.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #58 on: June 29, 2023, 10:49:38 AM »
Hey now, I work in transportation bud.

Superbly done.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

dgies9156

• All American
« Reply #59 on: June 29, 2023, 12:22:11 PM »
OK, some of you have raised questions about the foibles of religion. Your recollection is right on. But understand this:

Religion is man-made. It's based on a premise that interprets God's word in a way that allows human beings to lead better lives and attain Heaven in the after-life. Religion is nothing more than a consulting service for human beings around the world. With rare exception any more, no church has the power to compel us to do anything. That's as true for the late Rev. Robertson as it was for the late Pope John Paul II.

Because religion is a human institution, it has the weaknesses of humanity built into it. Greed, lust, gluttony, pride and a host of other vices are a part of any corporate, governmental, social or religious organization. You try to control it and people, like my parents generation, try to pretend it did not exist. But because our religious organizations are of man and for man and not of God, you always will have sin. Find me someone who professes to be perfect and, if nothing else, she's committing the sin of hubris.

Having faced down a predatory pedophile as he physically beat the crap out of us in class in the 1970s, I've got every reason in the world to be angry with the Roman Catholic Church. Our Bishop at the time was a fine man who stood up against segregation and march with Martin Luther King the day before he died, but he was incredibly weak on dealing with the Richards/McKeown pedophilia problems. As a consequence, he transferred them around the Diocese on grounds of "forgiveness." It was BS, but perhaps they were themselves ignorant. I'll let God decide that one. She's better equipped to deal with it than I am.

But what I learned is that when an organization does good, you don't throw the baby out with the bathwater. I did not see the kind of good in the Rev. Robertson's organization that I did in the Catholic Church. Pope Francis is everything Part Robertson wasn't -- humble, forgiving, loving and caring to everyone, even sinners and those who aren't part of the Catholic flock.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #60 on: June 30, 2023, 06:19:41 AM »
OK, some of you have raised questions about the foibles of religion. Your recollection is right on. But understand this:

Religion is man-made. It's based on a premise that interprets God's word in a way that allows human beings to lead better lives and attain Heaven in the after-life. Religion is nothing more than a consulting service for human beings around the world. With rare exception any more, no church has the power to compel us to do anything. That's as true for the late Rev. Robertson as it was for the late Pope John Paul II.

Because religion is a human institution, it has the weaknesses of humanity built into it. Greed, lust, gluttony, pride and a host of other vices are a part of any corporate, governmental, social or religious organization. You try to control it and people, like my parents generation, try to pretend it did not exist. But because our religious organizations are of man and for man and not of God, you always will have sin. Find me someone who professes to be perfect and, if nothing else, she's committing the sin of hubris.

Having faced down a predatory pedophile as he physically beat the crap out of us in class in the 1970s, I've got every reason in the world to be angry with the Roman Catholic Church. Our Bishop at the time was a fine man who stood up against segregation and march with Martin Luther King the day before he died, but he was incredibly weak on dealing with the Richards/McKeown pedophilia problems. As a consequence, he transferred them around the Diocese on grounds of "forgiveness." It was BS, but perhaps they were themselves ignorant. I'll let God decide that one. She's better equipped to deal with it than I am.

But what I learned is that when an organization does good, you don't throw the baby out with the bathwater. I did not see the kind of good in the Rev. Robertson's organization that I did in the Catholic Church. Pope Francis is everything Part Robertson wasn't -- humble, forgiving, loving and caring to everyone, even sinners and those who aren't part of the Catholic flock.

Yeah, but Pat Robertson was just a charlatan.  Much like a lot of the televangelists of his day and the current day.  There is a sucker born every minute, and these men predated on people searching for salvation.  I can think of few lower ways of getting rich.

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #61 on: July 04, 2023, 05:51:25 PM »

Pat Robertson worked hard to get Ronald Reagan elected . This outcome materially changed the economic trajectory of our country for the better over the next 30ish years
The only mystery in life is why the Kamikaze Pilots wore helmets...
            ---Al McGuire

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #62 on: July 04, 2023, 06:09:06 PM »
Pat Robertson worked hard to get Ronald Reagan elected . This outcome materially changed the economic trajectory of our country for the better over the next 30ish years

Sure. But for the influence of Pat Robertson, Reagan may have won only 40 states instead of 44.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #63 on: July 04, 2023, 07:13:46 PM »
Sure. But for the influence of Pat Robertson, Reagan may have won only 40 states instead of 44.

source?
don't...don't don't don't don't

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #64 on: July 04, 2023, 07:28:43 PM »

LOL

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #65 on: July 04, 2023, 09:18:43 PM »

Yep, and without Pat’s influence in 1984 Reagan wins the same 49 he actually won.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #66 on: July 05, 2023, 06:53:13 AM »

So, you willingly gave money to him is what you’re saying?