[March 27, 2024, 10:24:36 PM]

UNLEASH THE POWER OF SCOOP!!! by TallTitan34
[March 27, 2024, 10:20:50 PM]

Best MU team since 1977 by Galway Eagle
[March 27, 2024, 09:47:04 PM]

Chicago bars for Fri game by Hallmarq
[March 27, 2024, 09:09:04 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: Oso shooting 3's  (Read 6381 times)

Hards Alumni

• All American
Re: Oso shooting 3's
« Reply #50 on: May 26, 2023, 01:28:39 PM »
My shooting firm is awful but the results are elite. He’ll be fine.

I only see the shots you make, kin... but you ain't wrong.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #51 on: May 26, 2023, 01:31:09 PM »
Hards

Of course his shooting form is not textbook, but neither is his skill set. The only way he will ever take a three is if he is wide open and he will be wide open often. He can shoot one handed from the side of his head and I would not care. If he can make outside shots it changes things in a big way for next season, imo.

If no one is guarding Oso outside of 15 feet this shot will still probably get blocked.  It takes a long time to develop and is fired from very low.  If he starts making a couple then I'll get excited.  Also, it would be nice if this was just the start of the work he is doing... since it is only May he will have plenty of time to improve.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #52 on: May 26, 2023, 01:43:36 PM »
If no one is guarding Oso outside of 15 feet this shot will still probably get blocked.  It takes a long time to develop and is fired from very low.  If he starts making a couple then I'll get excited.  Also, it would be nice if this was just the start of the work he is doing... since it is only May he will have plenty of time to improve.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oV3k5foOpX8

These aren't exactly the picture of quick, high, pretty release.  Oso's shot in his workouts is much quicker than Sanogo's, and Sanogo's was enough to completely change this game and the Creighton game.

Will he be hitting three 3 pointers per game?  No.  Does he need to?  Also no.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #53 on: May 26, 2023, 02:22:37 PM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oV3k5foOpX8

These aren't exactly the picture of quick, high, pretty release.  Oso's shot in his workouts is much quicker than Sanogo's, and Sanogo's was enough to completely change this game and the Creighton game.

Will he be hitting three 3 pointers per game?  No.  Does he need to?  Also no.

Don't get me wrong.  I'd love to see it!

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #54 on: May 26, 2023, 06:01:55 PM »
I only see the shots you make, kin... but you ain't wrong.

That’s fair. I’m elite - but not going to say whether it’s at shooting or editing hours of video.
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

seakm4

• Team Captain
« Reply #55 on: May 26, 2023, 07:58:53 PM »
Who's guarding the opposing bigs then?

Sean, because we switch too much

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #56 on: May 26, 2023, 09:27:03 PM »
I think he will get the chance to show even more versatility this season.   With OMax gone, I think that Oso will guard more wings and shoot more 3's.  Showcasing for next year's draft.

We will be debating where Oso is getting drafted a year from now.
Ok Tower…….this is at least the 3rd time in the last few days that you are promoting Oso filling the OMax role and guarding wings. Is this your new Keeyan will play meaningful minutes hill for the upcoming season?

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #57 on: May 26, 2023, 09:29:37 PM »
I agree the threat of a three from Oso could be transformative for the offense. I also hope that he is working on the fifteen to 18 foot shot. I fully understand that the goal is to shoot at the rim or from 3, however, there are so many occasions where teams could sag off Oso when he was at the free throw line or just a bit deeper. He is a passing threat from there, but when teams sagged the cutting and passing lanes are nearly eliminated. I'm not sure the form he is apparently working on would be effective from 15-18 feet, but time will tell. No reason not to trust the development program at this point.
He isnt working on a 15’-18’ shot. No one on MUMBB is!

Goose

• All American
« Reply #58 on: May 27, 2023, 05:02:39 AM »
Hards

Last summer Shaka leaked word that Oso would handle the ball more than any big man in country and many on here were skeptical. If they are leaking videos of Oso taking three’s in May, that gives me optimism.

Your comment on his shot getting blocked even with no one guarding him seems a bit odd, but think you are missing the point.

Tower
I would love to see Oso more aggressive on the D front and play the Omax role to some degree. That said, until we get the portal guy I am holding off on that. Without another big guy, I would worry about Oso getting into foul trouble playing that role.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #59 on: May 27, 2023, 06:01:24 AM »
Ok Tower…….this is at least the 3rd time in the last few days that you are promoting Oso filling the OMax role and guarding wings. Is this your new Keeyan will play meaningful minutes hill for the upcoming season?
I consider it more 'Omax will make the league'. Or Kolek reminds me of Brunson. And I do not think it will be the base.   It really can't be unless an impact 5 arrives in the portal.   But I think he has the best lateral quickness of the three returning forwards.   So, I think from time to time, he will defend the quick wings.
Nothing that radical.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2023, 06:30:15 AM by tower912 »
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

lawdog77

• All American
« Reply #60 on: May 27, 2023, 07:05:39 AM »
Hards

Last summer Shaka leaked word that Oso would handle the ball more than any big man in country and many on here were skeptical. If they are leaking videos of Oso taking three’s in May, that gives me optimism.

Your comment on his shot getting blocked even with no one guarding him seems a bit odd, but think you are missing the point.

Tower
I would love to see Oso more aggressive on the D front and play the Omax role to some degree. That said, until we get the portal guy I am holding off on that. Without another big guy, I would worry about Oso getting into foul trouble playing that role.
This. There's a reason for this video. Teams adjust and figure out how to defend what MU did last year. Shaka and his staff will have a few new wrinkles this year.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #61 on: May 27, 2023, 08:03:49 AM »
Maybe, but this is also coming from a non-MU affiliated training center. Granted, it's Markus' family, but they have a ton of videos and pics from players all over the country and I'm sure not all go through university PR departments before posting.
This space reserved for a 2024 National Championship celebration banner.

Viper

• All American
« Reply #62 on: May 27, 2023, 10:43:34 AM »
damn shame
Moron? Maybe. Dork? Possibly. Lost? Definitely.

GoldenEagles03

• All American
« Reply #63 on: May 27, 2023, 10:45:35 AM »

What is MUMBB?
VIOLENCE!

jfp61

• All American
« Reply #64 on: May 27, 2023, 11:17:16 AM »
Maybe, but this is also coming from a non-MU affiliated training center. Granted, it's Markus' family, but they have a ton of videos and pics from players all over the country and I'm sure not all go through university PR departments before posting.

I buy oso taking threes. I think he'll shoot threes this year. I think he'll take up to 50 if he is shooting at a decent enough percentage.

70% of his threes will not be pullups though. I promise you that.

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
  • "Private message me coward" - panda
« Reply #65 on: May 27, 2023, 11:53:34 AM »
damn shame

Yep. A shame we are taking this efficient offense and making it less efficient.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Goose

• All American
« Reply #66 on: May 27, 2023, 11:59:04 AM »
I have been saying Gold is the next NBA prospect and I might change my mind if Oso learns to shoot. He has a lot of other skills and good athlete. I would not be shocked if Shaka made him into an NBA guy.

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #67 on: May 27, 2023, 12:00:27 PM »
https://youtu.be/2FDYyf8Kqrs
Winning is overrated. The only time it is really important is in surgery and war.
                       ---Al McGuire

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #68 on: May 27, 2023, 01:14:48 PM »
Exactly—-its like scoopers haven’t been watching Shaka and the coaches.
MUMBB avoids contested and UNCONTESTED 15-18’ jumpers.

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #69 on: May 27, 2023, 01:16:32 PM »
I consider it more 'Omax will make the league'. Or Kolek reminds me of Brunson. And I do not think it will be the base.   It really can't be unless an impact 5 arrives in the portal.   But I think he has the best lateral quickness of the three returning forwards.   So, I think from time to time, he will defend the quick wings.
Nothing that radical.
On a switch maybe. Don’t see him guarding a quick wing as a defensive strategy.

lawdog77

• All American
« Reply #70 on: May 27, 2023, 01:45:21 PM »
Exactly—-its like scoopers haven’t been watching Shaka and the coaches.
MUMBB avoids contested and UNCONTESTED 15-18’ jumpers.
pretty intere3sting analytics here:
https://shottracker.com/articles/analytics-shot-selection

tower912

• All American
« Reply #71 on: May 27, 2023, 03:40:46 PM »
On a switch maybe. Don’t see him guarding a quick wing as a defensive strategy.

We have already seen it many times on a switch

I get it.  So, among Oso, Gold, and Joplin, who do you want to see guard the equivalent of Hawkins?  Or any quick, versatile, 6'7-8 wing?
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

wiscwarrior

• Starter
« Reply #72 on: May 27, 2023, 03:57:01 PM »
On the contrary, IMO you would be adding a nuance to Oso's game that would make him and the base offense even more efficient. Some rules are made to be broken.

mileskishnish72

• All American
« Reply #73 on: May 27, 2023, 04:18:53 PM »

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #74 on: May 27, 2023, 08:35:57 PM »
We have already seen it many times on a switch

I get it.  So, among Oso, Gold, and Joplin, who do you want to see guard the equivalent of Hawkins?  Or any quick, versatile, 6'7-8 wing?
Tower….you have said several times in the last few days that you have expectations of Oso playing the OMax role. You said He will be out guarding quick wings…..by design….not in a switch situation.
I dont know why you would go out of your way to make such a statement.