[Today at 08:17:02 PM]

2024 Mock Drafts by bilsu
[Today at 07:37:34 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Herman Cain
[Today at 05:04:53 PM]

NIL Future by MU82
[Today at 03:21:43 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: A future ESPN 30 for 30 episode is unfolding before our eyes....  (Read 19450 times)

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
Re: A future ESPN 30 for 30 episode is unfolding before our eyes....
« Reply #200 on: May 22, 2023, 11:41:57 AM »
Butler probably doesn't need to win a title to be in the Hall. His stats already are better than numerous Hall of Famers, he's been All-NBA 5 times, he's in the all-time top 50 in numerous postseason categories.

If he retired tomorrow, he'd be a borderline pick ... but he ain't retiring tomorrow. He's in his prime right now, so he'll likely improve significantly on all of that. FWIW (probably not much), Basketball Reference gives him a 73% chance of being in the HoF.

But sure, if Jimmy wins Finals MVP, he'd be a lock for the Hall.

Honestly, I think if he finishes off the Celts, I think that lock up his Hall bid. This is a helluva run.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

Markusquette

• All American
« Reply #201 on: May 22, 2023, 11:42:29 AM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EuwLN1x3_ds

This was 5 years ago. So what's happened between then?

ghostofcorms77

• Walk-On
« Reply #202 on: May 22, 2023, 11:51:01 AM »
Has anyone had an impossible time registering a brewcityball account. I fill out all the information and get an image verification failure. Also, when I try and contact them, I get a spam error, even after filling out the anti-spam info.

If anyone has had this experience, or knows how to avoid the error, i'd appreciate any help/advice!

The Lens

• All American
« Reply #203 on: May 22, 2023, 11:58:13 AM »
Has anyone had an impossible time registering a brewcityball account. I fill out all the information and get an image verification failure. Also, when I try and contact them, I get a spam error, even after filling out the anti-spam info.

If anyone has had this experience, or knows how to avoid the error, i'd appreciate any help/advice!

Yep, numerous times throughout the years. 
The Teal Train has left the station and Lens is day drinking in the bar car.    ---- Dr. Blackheart

History is so valuable if you have the humility to learn from it.    ---- Shaka Smart

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #204 on: May 22, 2023, 12:05:41 PM »
So many triggered people in here, it feels like a super soaker version of an NRA convention, with all the carried water to boot.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

Aughnanure

• All American
« Reply #205 on: May 22, 2023, 12:16:27 PM »

Pretty sure Jim is pretty responsive to messages and emails. Let him know and he can patch you through I'm sure. Jim@IWBMarketing.com
“All men dream; but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act out their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible.” - T.E. Lawrence

FartyEightHours

• Starter
« Reply #206 on: May 22, 2023, 12:25:31 PM »
I thought Jimmy was a cowboy.   Where’s that picture of him?

Anybody else getting flashbacks of this pic when he was at MU?  Looked like Opie with a cowboy hat.  That man is big timing us now.  Smh.
My adjectives are wise, brilliant, and sexy

lawdog77

• All American
« Reply #207 on: May 22, 2023, 12:49:00 PM »
So many triggered people in here, it feels like a super soaker version of an NRA convention, with all the carried water to boot.
Self awareness is your blindspot in this thread brew.

I seem to recall you being pissed at Jimmy for saying crap at Fiserv.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #208 on: May 22, 2023, 03:28:56 PM »
I never said Marquette was perfect. But comparing it to a divorce is just silly. If he's going to publicly crap on where I came from when he comes to Milwaukee, my choice is to not cheer for him. I won't cheer against him, nor will I hold it against those that do, but his "get me the F out of here" felt very personal to me. If his response is F Marquette (which is exactly how I took that) then my response is in kind.

Bump.

MomofMUltiples

• All American
« Reply #209 on: May 22, 2023, 05:59:04 PM »
As time goes on, I don’t think Butler was wrong during that practice in Minnesota.

Minnesota traded the wrong guy. Shoulda kept Jimmy and that whole second team.
I mean, OK, maybe he's secretly a serial killer who's pulled the wool over our eyes with his good deeds and smooth jumper - Pakuni (on Markus Howard)

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #210 on: May 22, 2023, 06:14:50 PM »
Self awareness is your blindspot in this thread brew.

I seem to recall you being pissed at Jimmy for saying crap at Fiserv.

Jimmy made it clear he doesn't want to be associated with Marquette. I'm doing my small part to honor his wishes.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

MomofMUltiples

• All American
« Reply #211 on: May 22, 2023, 06:23:50 PM »
Just sayin’ - this has got to be the stupidest off-season thread in ten years on scoop.  You all just keep repeating your arguments as if saying them enough times will get people to agree with you.  Give it up. I appreciate JFB in the same way I appreciate Curry, jokavich, Giannis and Jayson Tatum - as amazingly good basketball players.  Endless beefing is a waste of time.
I mean, OK, maybe he's secretly a serial killer who's pulled the wool over our eyes with his good deeds and smooth jumper - Pakuni (on Markus Howard)

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #212 on: May 22, 2023, 06:28:08 PM »
Just sayin’ - this has got to be the stupidest off-season thread in ten years on scoop.  You all just keep repeating your arguments as if saying them enough times will get people to agree with you.  Give it up. I appreciate JFB in the same way I appreciate Curry, jokavich, Giannis and Jayson Tatum - as amazingly good basketball players.  Endless beefing is a waste of time.

I know.  James should quit beefing
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

Frenns Liquor Depot

• All American
« Reply #213 on: May 22, 2023, 07:45:17 PM »

oilcan

• Team Captain
« Reply #214 on: May 22, 2023, 10:02:39 PM »
Move along folks, there's nothing to see here. Quit your queefing.  This thread is dead.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #215 on: May 22, 2023, 10:52:29 PM »

Yes. I too appreciate Nikola Jokavic.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #216 on: May 23, 2023, 02:27:21 PM »
Yes. I too appreciate Nikola Jokavic.

That guy's ace.

Alright, here's my wild guess about Jimmy beefing with MU: When Shaka was hired he had the university take down all of the individual photos/accolades and put up team photos and accolades. I bet that tilted Jimmy, feeling like his alma mater was abandoning him.

mug644

• All American
« Reply #217 on: May 23, 2023, 02:45:56 PM »
Been away from MUScoop for a few days, and my take on the same sentiment of several of the most recent posts: this thread is a reminder that very few threads that go beyond 3-4 pages is worth reading to its end. So, might this thread, please, end?

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #218 on: May 23, 2023, 03:01:26 PM »
That guy's ace.

Alright, here's my wild guess about Jimmy beefing with MU: When Shaka was hired he had the university take down all of the individual photos/accolades and put up team photos and accolades. I bet that tilted Jimmy, feeling like his alma mater was abandoning him.

If that’s the case, Jimmy never could have played with the Hausers and they played for Hall of Fame coaches after leaving Marquette.
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

ghostofcorms77

• Walk-On
« Reply #219 on: May 23, 2023, 03:06:20 PM »
I’ve started to look at this in the sense, that jimmy wouldn’t be mad/petty if he didn’t respect the university in the slightest bit. However, there seems to be very orchestrated moves on his part, that only those who closely pay attention to MU, could decipher- he’s definitely sent a message. I would have to assume the university/athletic department is well aware that people have begun to notice the rift.

We’ll see what the university does. But, with D-Wade playing an important role in the success of both Jimmy and MU, which he still has vested interest in both, I’d have a hard time seeing this getting out of hand/not fixed.

Jables1604

• Team Captain
« Reply #220 on: May 23, 2023, 03:36:17 PM »
Somebody please post something offensive or political so this topic gets locked…PLEASE

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #221 on: May 23, 2023, 03:38:49 PM »
Been away from MUScoop for a few days, and my take on the same sentiment of several of the most recent posts: this thread is a reminder that very few threads that go beyond 3-4 pages is worth reading to its end. So, might this thread, please, end?
Somebody please post something offensive or political so this topic gets locked…PLEASE

Or maybe just ignore it?
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

DoctorV

• All American
« Reply #222 on: May 23, 2023, 07:10:38 PM »

Why? Talking about Marquettes biggest current NBA star having a possible feud with our Alma mater isn’t worthy of discussion?

If Jimmy didn’t want it to be known that he is dissatisfied in some way he wouldn’t make snarky comments.

If Marquette didn’t want to support him for XYZ reason they wouldn’t be supporting him on the socials.

Sometimes a fanbase discussing the elephant in the room is one of the best ways to bring attention to an issue and get it repaired or resolved.

A few years back our fanbase booed a coach a home games. They got louder and louder of their dissatisfaction and by all accounts it had an affect on the University to move on and now we have Coach Smart.

I know it’s not the same, and I was a supporter of Coach Wojo just like I am of all Marquette coaches, and even defended him until the day he was canned (like I did with Buzz), but I’ll gladly admit that I was wrong because Shaka was an amazing move for Marquette.

Don’t mean to bring up the former coach again, my main point is that sometimes things we don’t love to talk about are worth discussing.

FartyEightHours

• Starter
« Reply #223 on: May 23, 2023, 08:33:59 PM »
Too long didn’t read. I don’t think my senior thesis paper was that long
My adjectives are wise, brilliant, and sexy

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #224 on: May 23, 2023, 08:42:47 PM »
Too long didn’t read. I don’t think my senior thesis paper was that long

We have no doubt about that.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

feedback