Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Big East 2024 Offseason by TSmith34, Inc.
[Today at 03:25:13 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole
[Today at 03:21:55 PM]

[Paint Touches] Big East programs ranked by NBA representation by The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole
[Today at 02:07:56 PM]

Banquet by tower912
[Today at 01:37:41 PM]

D-I Logo Quiz by SoCalEagle
[Today at 01:23:01 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by MuMark
[April 27, 2024, 04:23:26 PM]

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by mugrad_89
[April 27, 2024, 12:29:11 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: A future ESPN 30 for 30 episode is unfolding before our eyes....  (Read 19677 times)

ghostofcorms77

• Walk-On
Re: A future ESPN 30 for 30 episode is unfolding before our eyes....
« Reply #150 on: May 21, 2023, 05:46:39 PM »
Again, I’m not saying picking sides is stupid.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2023, 03:15:32 AM by ghostofcorms77 »

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #151 on: May 21, 2023, 06:29:12 PM »
I do think it was before the playoffs since Butler was noticeably absent from NMD with the Heat playing later that night.

ghostofcorms77

• Walk-On
« Reply #152 on: May 21, 2023, 06:32:50 PM »
Whatever the issue is, it is. I just don’t like when people say it’s behind a paywall and then don’t provide it when someone is willing to pay!

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #153 on: May 21, 2023, 08:00:46 PM »
Yeah I don’t know how I’m dumping on him but sure.

Calling a guy a dick is dumping on him.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #154 on: May 21, 2023, 08:04:36 PM »

I did find out who to go to if I need a therapist. If Lenny can diagnose Jimmy’s problems without having met him (who’s dumping on him again?), imagine what he could do sitting down with someone.

Thanks, but putting 2 and 2 together and coming up with 4 isn’t all that difficult for those of us educated by the Jesuits.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #155 on: May 21, 2023, 08:09:23 PM »
I'm not dumping on Jimmy. I'm pointing out that he came into Marquette's arena and disrespected my alma mater. That's not dumping, that's stating a fact. As long as he doesn't want to be in the fold, I'm also not going to give him my fan support.

Seems like you are too easily offended on someone else's behalf.

That's rich.  ❄️❄️❄️

Tyler COLEk

• All American
« Reply #156 on: May 21, 2023, 08:17:48 PM »
If there’s truth to MU supporting the Bucks over the Heat in the first round, Jimmy had every right to say what he did walking off Fiserv.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #157 on: May 21, 2023, 08:30:18 PM »
If there’s truth to MU supporting the Bucks over the Heat in the first round, Jimmy had every right to say what he did walking off Fiserv.

Marquette didn’t outright support the Bucks over the Heat in the playoffs. In fact they wished “good luck” to all alumni as they started.

Anyway it pre-dates the playoffs.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #158 on: May 21, 2023, 08:35:22 PM »
Thanks, but putting 2 and 2 together and coming up with 4 isn’t all that difficult for those of us educated by the Jesuits.

Yeah I’d say claiming a guy has abandonment issues based on having a beef with his alma mater is some weirder math than 2+2=4.

Calling a guy a dick is dumping on him.

Is it? My guess is Jimmy himself would call himself a dick, at least on the court. He challenges his teammates and makes sure the media knows it. He very publicly challenges his coach. He’s a d!ck when it comes to basketball, which is the only arena I know anything about him in. Just like MJ. And many other successful professional athletes.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #159 on: May 21, 2023, 08:41:02 PM »

Is it? My guess is Jimmy himself would call himself a dick, at least on the court. He challenges his teammates and makes sure the media knows it. He very publicly challenges his coach. He’s a d!ck when it comes to basketball, which is the only arena I know anything about him in. Just like MJ. And many other successful professional athletes.

You called him a dick without any qualifications. And without ever meeting him or talking to him your diagnosis is he thinks he’s a dick, too. Who’s playing shrink now?

ghostofcorms77

• Walk-On
« Reply #160 on: May 21, 2023, 08:41:41 PM »
Let's hope they fix the issue!
« Last Edit: May 21, 2023, 09:12:31 PM by ghostofcorms77 »

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #161 on: May 21, 2023, 08:48:48 PM »
You called him a dick without any qualifications. And without ever meeting him or talking to him your diagnosis is he thinks he’s a dick, too. Who’s playing shrink now?

Yup, still you. Unless “dick” is a psychological diagnosis. Would be new to me, but you’re the psychiatrist here.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

TheGym

• Starter
« Reply #162 on: May 21, 2023, 09:02:07 PM »
What Jimmy Butler and the Miami Heat are doing in the NBA playoffs is already legendary and could become mythical if they go on to win the NBA Championship. 

A play-in 8 seed led by a 33 year old veteran a touch past his prime takes 7 undrafted players to the NBA Title!!!  Better yet a veteran super star with with a reputation for being hard on teammates and organizations who he didn't feel are committed to hard work and winning!  While going on this run his team blows up every Las Vegas prediction model and embarrasses GM's across the league. 

Not since King Leonidas kept a million man Persian Army at bay with just 300 Spartans has such an incredible fete played out. 

The two most important things that shaped Jimmy Butler to being the man he is today was the family that took Jimmy in when the birth mother kicked him out of the house as a teen.  The 2nd was Marquette and Buzz.  During the Wojo era Marquette became soft and embarrassing but under Crean, Buzz and now Shaka, Marquette is a program where you go to work very hard both on the basketball court and in the class room.  The bar is set very high and not lowered for anyone. 

Once again this attached video is also legendary with how many less heralded players, as far as high school recruiting rankings go, ended up playing on NBA rosters at one point in their post Marquette careers.  Around the 4:20 mark we even get a touch of Jimmy Butler's now notorious temper with teammates, something Derrick Rose encountered from Jimmy when he became a prima donna and went from NBA Superstar to NBA Bust. 
https://youtu.be/uC7QEOa_MCo

Go Jimmy!  Keep shocking the world and making us proud!  Marquette, Where Legends are Born!

I am fine with the 30 for 30 so long as they include the legal issues he brought to the program.  He is part of the beginnng of the end to the Buzz era.

GoldenEagles03

• All American
« Reply #163 on: May 21, 2023, 09:24:46 PM »
I am fine with the 30 for 30 so long as they include the legal issues he brought to the program.  He is part of the beginnng of the end to the Buzz era.

Pretty bold accusations of Jimmy with no actual records of him being involved whatsoever.
VIOLENCE!

panda

• All American
« Reply #164 on: May 21, 2023, 09:28:20 PM »

Now we know why Jimmy distanced himself from MU. Thanks for nothing TG

oilcan

• Team Captain
« Reply #165 on: May 21, 2023, 09:50:39 PM »
Hey, I'm rooting for Jimmy and the Heat. Guilt free. They're beating the Celtics by 30. OH I see Boston just brought in Sam Hauser.  Are you going to pull out your tampons and rag on him too?  Seems only fitting. Who's next Markus because he shot too much or Otule because he only had one eye?

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #166 on: May 21, 2023, 10:00:04 PM »
Hey, I'm rooting for Jimmy and the Heat. Guilt free. They're beating the Celtics by 30. OH I see Boston just brought in Sam Hauser.  Are you going to pull out your tampons and rag on him too?  Seems only fitting. Who's next Markus because he shot too much or Otule because he only had one eye?

Yes. Sam sucks.

MU86NC

• Starter
« Reply #167 on: May 21, 2023, 10:18:30 PM »
Wade sucks dick!  So do the rest of the Prima Donna’s including Brew and Sultan… absolutely Pathetic…. Jimmy Butler is a MU grad like the rest of us and is branded.  Time heals most wounds and Jimmy will be in the fold. 

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #168 on: May 21, 2023, 10:21:08 PM »
Maybe the people who are dumping on Jimmy should reflect a little on his story and what he’s overcome. No Dad, Mom with alcohol/drug problems. She kicks him out of the house his junior year and he couch surfs at friend’s houses until one of the Moms figures things out and has him move in.

Oh cmon now, we all know now the Jimmy is MJs son and his mom kicked him out only because the payments from Jordan stopped coming in.

I know it’s not true, but I am all aboard the Jimmy Butler is MJs done narrative.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #169 on: May 21, 2023, 11:10:18 PM »
Wade sucks dick!  So do the rest of the Prima Donna’s including Brew and Sultan… absolutely Pathetic…. Jimmy Butler is a MU grad like the rest of us and is branded.  Time heals most wounds and Jimmy will be in the fold.

Dwayne Wade is freaking awesome.

Jimmy wants you to know he is a Tyler Community College grad.

Tyler COLEk

• All American
« Reply #170 on: May 21, 2023, 11:29:25 PM »
       -
« Last Edit: May 22, 2023, 12:35:30 AM by Tyler COLEk »

Tyler COLEk

• All American
« Reply #171 on: May 21, 2023, 11:48:44 PM »
I’ll add my two cents on supporting MU vs. a former mubb star. I personally don’t have unconditional loyalty to Marquette—the institution or the basketball program. I disagree with a TON of major, directional choices the university has made this past decade. Lord knows there’s been plenty to criticize on the basketball side during that period too.

That doesn’t mean I don’t still love MU or mubb. But when I hear one of the greatest pros in program history has (allegedly) disparaged his connection with the university, I don’t automatically feel offended. I wonder if his gripe is well-founded or something I’d relate to. If anything, I wonder why the university is failing to maintain a positive relationship with a critical alumnus. No matter who’s in the wrong, great leadership understands the importance of adapting to great talent. Look no further than the Miami Heat.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2023, 12:37:09 AM by Tyler COLEk »

The Lens

• All American
« Reply #172 on: May 21, 2023, 11:55:05 PM »
Yes. Sam sucks.

Sam doesn’t suck.   

He saw it first. 
The Teal Train has left the station and Lens is day drinking in the bar car.    ---- Dr. Blackheart

History is so valuable if you have the humility to learn from it.    ---- Shaka Smart

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #173 on: May 22, 2023, 03:32:49 AM »
Any anger should be funneled toward Woj and the clowns who hired him, aina?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #174 on: May 22, 2023, 03:51:30 AM »
Any anger should be funneled toward Woj and the clowns who hired him, aina?

Jimmy got along with Wojo as far as I know.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

feedback