[Today at 08:16:25 AM]

Marquette Football Update by Viper
[April 26, 2024, 08:10:52 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by avid1010
[April 26, 2024, 07:48:11 PM]

Does Bucky NOT have a Basketball NIL? by WhiteTrash
[April 26, 2024, 03:52:54 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: A future ESPN 30 for 30 episode is unfolding before our eyes....  (Read 19617 times)

ghostofcorms77

• Walk-On
Re: A future ESPN 30 for 30 episode is unfolding before our eyes....
« Reply #125 on: May 21, 2023, 11:59:29 AM »
What’s the site?I’d gladly pay.

GoldenEagles03

• All American
« Reply #126 on: May 21, 2023, 12:59:35 PM »
What’s the site?I’d gladly pay.

🦗🦗🦗
VIOLENCE!

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #128 on: May 21, 2023, 01:37:44 PM »
Maybe the people who are dumping on Jimmy should reflect a little on his story and what he’s overcome.

"The people" is plural. Is anyone other than bias dumping on Jimmy?

But either way, just as it’s in my blood to root for MU, so it is to root for JFB. To not seems petty to me.

It is in my blood to root for MU. Which is exactly why I cannot currently root for JFB. It isn't pettiness, it's a logical disconnect. He wants to very publicly get it out there that he wants nothing to do with Marquette. Until he does, I'll withhold my cheers. I'm sure it won't bother him in the least.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #129 on: May 21, 2023, 01:47:57 PM »
Maybe the people who are dumping on Jimmy should reflect a little on his story and what he’s overcome. No Dad, Mom with alcohol/drug problems. She kicks him out of the house his junior year and he couch surfs at friend’s houses until one of the Moms figures things out and has him move in. He has the grades and test scores to play D1 but with no AAU exposure has no offers. So it’s JC one year before coming to MU. Gets off to a slow start (some experts on Scoop call him a wasted scholarship) but goes on to become a star at MU. Senior Day the family who “adopted” him when he was a homeless 16 year old comes in place of his parents. He graduates, becomes a first round draft choice, an NBA star and is headed for the Hall of Fame. A few talented, less than 100% effort teammates have problems with him, but the most respected coaches (Thibs, Spo) and GM (Riley) in the NBA love him and sing his praises as a player and a leader.

It’s an amazing story, the basketball version of “The Blind Side”. You don’t have to be a Marquette fan or even a basketball fan to  be a Jimmy Butler fan. The obstacles he’s overcome, the mountains he’s climbed - remarkable.

Does he have abandonment issues that go back to childhood? Sure, but I think it’s understandable. For some reason none of us know he feels MU has done just that and for now he’s responded in kind. I hope they work things out. But either way, just as it’s in my blood to root for MU, so it is to root for JFB. To not seems petty to me.

So nobody knows what Jimmy’s beef is, but you’ll provide us the reason for the unknown beef through a psychoanalysis of a guy you’ve never met.

Thank you for your service.

Butler is clearly a d!ck, but it’s a large part of why the Heat are in their 3rd conference finals in 4 years.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #130 on: May 21, 2023, 01:56:59 PM »
I guess I don’t know how Jimmy has made this public. The Tyler JC comment seems to be getting caught on a hot mic after a series wrapped up. I doubt anyone other than a few MU message board posters really notice.

I believe the paid board is Brewcityball.com (mods, feel free to delete if that’s not something that should be posted here).

ghostofcorms77

• Walk-On
« Reply #131 on: May 21, 2023, 02:01:32 PM »
So I’m of the belief, that if he wants to publicly make it know he has no affection towards MU, something really set him off.

If what I’m understanding from the those in this thread who are in the “know”, Jimmy’s position is from a logical viewpoint.

If that’s the case, I have no problem siding with Jimmy over MU. I grew up during his time at MU. First time I had a true understanding of basketball. And it’s been amazing to see someone you follow very closely, turn into a superstar professionally.

I love MU to death. Grew up in a Marquette family, and am now an alumn.

But, if Marquette gave Jimmy a reason to be upset, I’m simply going to side with Jimmy. Again, love Marquette. But I’m not gonna stop cheering for someone, that helped form my love for hoops, because my alma matter made a mistake.

Neither side is perfect, but it seems Marquette clearly did something that could set someone off.

I would love to have access to said site where y’all got the information from. I’m more than happy to pay the money. I’m willing to admit, “I DO CARE”.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #132 on: May 21, 2023, 02:09:12 PM »
I never said Jimmy is being logical. I understand why he is irked at Marquette. But it’s kind of silly.

That is if what’s been speculated is accurate. It could be something else entirely.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

ghostofcorms77

• Walk-On
« Reply #133 on: May 21, 2023, 02:15:37 PM »
I appreciate the update(s) and some context.

I’m now at the point of wondering, if there is a way I can get the info of which you heard. Not saying you have to tell, but rather where I find the info and how much the cost is.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #134 on: May 21, 2023, 04:11:01 PM »
"The people" is plural. Is anyone other than bias dumping on Jimmy?

Wades, you, Rico.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #135 on: May 21, 2023, 04:21:37 PM »
Wades, you, Rico.

I'm not dumping on Jimmy. I'm pointing out that he came into Marquette's arena and disrespected my alma mater. That's not dumping, that's stating a fact. As long as he doesn't want to be in the fold, I'm also not going to give him my fan support.

Seems like you are too easily offended on someone else's behalf.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #136 on: May 21, 2023, 04:26:01 PM »
I'm not dumping on Jimmy. I'm pointing out that he came into Marquette's arena and disrespected my alma mater. That's not dumping, that's stating a fact. As long as he doesn't want to be in the fold, I'm also not going to give him my fan support.

Seems like you are too easily offended on someone else's behalf.

LOL

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #137 on: May 21, 2023, 04:35:58 PM »
Yeah I don’t know how I’m dumping on him but sure.

I did find out who to go to if I need a therapist. If Lenny can diagnose Jimmy’s problems without having met him (who’s dumping on him again?), imagine what he could do sitting down with someone.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #138 on: May 21, 2023, 04:46:27 PM »
I imagine 98.5% of the basketball-watching public knows not a thing about Jimmy's beef with MU, nor do they care.
His success is great for MUBB, whether he likes it or not, so I hope he continues to shine.

GoldenEagles03

• All American
« Reply #139 on: May 21, 2023, 04:51:01 PM »
I imagine 98.5% of the basketball-watching public knows not a thing about Jimmy's beef with MU, nor do they care.
His success is great for MUBB, whether he likes it or not, so I hope he continues to shine.

% gotta be higher than 98.5
VIOLENCE!

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #140 on: May 21, 2023, 04:57:06 PM »

Yup, that’s what’s amusing about it.
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

panda

• All American
« Reply #141 on: May 21, 2023, 05:11:16 PM »
I think everyone arguing about this should be considered a pre diagnosis for therapeutic assistance

ghostofcorms77

• Walk-On
« Reply #142 on: May 21, 2023, 05:21:18 PM »
« Last Edit: May 22, 2023, 03:19:16 AM by ghostofcorms77 »

ghostofcorms77

• Walk-On
« Reply #143 on: May 21, 2023, 05:25:24 PM »
It’s fair to hold details behind a paywall. But to not share the actual details, and then post an opinion on the matter, wtf. I will pay money to join whatever elitism group you’re apart of. Apparently that’s too much to ask.

lawdog77

• All American
« Reply #144 on: May 21, 2023, 05:28:48 PM »
I think it’s ridiculous that people won’t share what site the info is on. I will pay money to get the details.

Why can’t I know?
Because there literally is no story of JFB sh!tting on MU. I was told that someone high up at MU was actively rooting for the Bucks over Jimmy and the Heat. Therefore, Jimmy went MJ mode and created some anger. I dont see where he has said anything about Marquette, but rather Milwaukee.

• All American
« Reply #145 on: May 21, 2023, 05:32:01 PM »
It’s fair to hold details behind a paywall. But to not share the actual details, and then post an opinion on the matter, wtf. I will pay money to join whatever elitism group you’re apart of. Apparently that’s too much to ask.

It was posted earlier in the topic. Jeez…
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

ghostofcorms77

• Walk-On
« Reply #146 on: May 21, 2023, 05:33:22 PM »
I’m sorry. As someone from Wisconsin, and an Mu alumn. Cheering for the bucks, in a stakeholder position, is stupid. There is no allegiance there!
« Last Edit: May 22, 2023, 03:18:29 AM by ghostofcorms77 »

• All American
« Reply #147 on: May 21, 2023, 05:36:23 PM »
I’m sorry. As someone from Wisconsin, and an Mu alumn. Cheering for the bucks, in a stakeholder position, is unnatural carnal knowledgeibg stupid. There is no allegiance there!

Cheering on the team in the same city is stupid? 🤔🤔🤔

ghostofcorms77

• Walk-On
« Reply #148 on: May 21, 2023, 05:39:14 PM »
I’m not saying cheering for the bucks is stupid. But for people to attack the MU Instagram/twitter page for Jimmys historic 1st round is egregious.

I understand holding info behind a payroll. I really do.

But if it’s not the payroll factor say that. It’s a confidential group, not a fee.

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #149 on: May 21, 2023, 05:43:02 PM »
Jae and Wes are on the Bucks too. It’s not like they have no MU guys.