[Today at 09:22:06 AM]

2024 Coaching Carousel by avid1010
[Today at 09:16:40 AM]

2024 Transfer Portal by Spotcheck Billy
[Today at 07:22:54 AM]

Dallas bars tonite by Marquette Gyros
[Today at 06:59:41 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: A future ESPN 30 for 30 episode is unfolding before our eyes....  (Read 18677 times)

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
  • "Private message me coward" - panda
Re: A future ESPN 30 for 30 episode is unfolding before our eyes....
« Reply #75 on: May 20, 2023, 01:02:06 PM »
I for one would love this issue to be resolved.

The last thing I want, is for him to win finals mvp, and have Tyler Junior College get all the attention during his media run.

Especially, if it’s over him being mad because his number is not retired and/or he’s not in the MU HOF.

I have no idea why he’s mad at the university. He’s clearly pissed.

You say “let it play out”. Is it an easy to resolve situation? Like, if his reasoning is anything remotely close to a jersey retirement or something… oh man.

Something like that would be grossly negligent in my eyes. Players with the professional success/marketability of Jimmy don’t come around often. If he wants something, fire the jet up and give him what he wants.

I think you are way exaggerating how important Jimmy would be with a ring to MUBB.

Anyway IMO from what I understand it has nothing to do with a number retirement or HOF invite.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #76 on: May 20, 2023, 01:03:13 PM »
I for one would love this issue to be resolved.

The last thing I want, is for him to win finals mvp, and have Tyler Junior College get all the attention during his media run.

Especially, if it’s over him being mad because his number is not retired and/or he’s not in the MU HOF.

I have no idea why he’s mad at the university. He’s clearly pissed.

You say “let it play out”. Is it an easy to resolve situation? Like, if his reasoning is anything remotely close to a jersey retirement or something… oh man.

Something like that would be grossly negligent in my eyes. Players with the professional success/marketability of Jimmy don’t come around often. If he wants something, fire the jet up and give him what he wants.

I think you are overestimating how much of a bump MU recruiting would get from Jimmy winning a title. It’s not like he’s going to be on the podium in a Tyler JC shirt.

As long as Shaka capitalized on it, I don’t think it’s a major deal.

Also, I don’t think a beef automatically means MU did something wrong. Like Buzz, Jimmy could take anything he deems a slight and use it to drive him. Whether real or not.

ghostofcorms77

• Walk-On
« Reply #77 on: May 20, 2023, 01:17:43 PM »
I understand there should be a mutually binding respect between Jimmy and MU.
That’s completely fair.

And I’m not saying TJC is going to have some massive success because of Jimmy name dropping them. I’m not even saying Jimmy marketing MU would give us a recruiting win.

However, if the argument is petty, I don’t understand why MU wouldn’t budge to his wants or desires. I just believe, that having Jimmy associated with Marquette, makes the program better.

But, in all honesty (for anybody who has any knowledge or heard any rumor of the beef) would Marquette look stupid if the feud was made public? People keep saying it’d be easy to be resolved. To that, I guess I don’t understand why it isn’t already then.

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
« Reply #78 on: May 20, 2023, 01:25:46 PM »
I understand there should be a mutually binding respect between Jimmy and MU.
That’s completely fair.

And I’m not saying TJC is going to have some massive success because of Jimmy name dropping them. I’m not even saying Jimmy marketing MU would give us a recruiting win.

However, if the argument is petty, I don’t understand why MU wouldn’t budge to his wants or desires. I just believe, that having Jimmy associated with Marquette, makes the program better.

But, in all honesty (for anybody who has any knowledge or heard any rumor of the beef) would Marquette look stupid if the feud was made public? People keep saying it’d be easy to be resolved. To that, I guess I don’t understand why it isn’t already then.

Because if what I understand is true, it’s not about “giving” him anything. He doesn’t want something. It’s about something MUBB did that he didn’t like and probably just needs to be talked out.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

ghostofcorms77

• Walk-On
« Reply #79 on: May 20, 2023, 01:36:50 PM »
I just don’t understand how that conversation hasn’t happened. Like if what you’ve heard is true, and Marquette knew he was pissed, resolve it.

Let alone, if it could have reasonably assumed, said act could piss jimmy off, don’t do it. Maybe consult him. Idk.

I just have a hard time comprehending how you don’t appease to an alumn like Jimmy. I would think having a strong relationship with him, would be a top priority aside from the on the court efforts.

Also, did this beer start recently as in the past 2 years?

I don’t know the specifics, and doubt I ever will. But, this bothers me.

Mutaman

• All American
  • "Technically this is true."
« Reply #80 on: May 20, 2023, 02:34:25 PM »
My speculation: I believe Butler and Buzz Williams are still pretty
close and any issues Jimmy has with MU revolve around Buzz. I also predict that at some point in the future Shaka will have Butler back for an MU appearance. 

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
« Reply #81 on: May 20, 2023, 02:50:24 PM »
My speculation: I believe Butler and Buzz Williams are still pretty
close and any issues Jimmy has with MU revolve around Buzz. I also predict that at some point in the future Shaka will have Butler back for an MU appearance. 

Butler was involved with the program under Wojo.

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
« Reply #82 on: May 20, 2023, 02:52:02 PM »
I just don’t understand how that conversation hasn’t happened. Like if what you’ve heard is true, and Marquette knew he was pissed, resolve it.

Let alone, if it could have reasonably assumed, said act could piss jimmy off, don’t do it. Maybe consult him. Idk.

I just have a hard time comprehending how you don’t appease to an alumn like Jimmy. I would think having a strong relationship with him, would be a top priority aside from the on the court efforts.

Also, did this beer start recently as in the past 2 years?

I don’t know the specifics, and doubt I ever will. But, this bothers me.

More recently than that. And why do you think the answer has to be to “appease” Butler?

ghostofcorms77

• Walk-On
« Reply #83 on: May 20, 2023, 03:02:55 PM »
Because with no information as to why this occurred, all I know is jimmy holds a grudge towards MU.

If he just fell out of love for the program that’s one thing.

However, the way I see it is a guy who wore his MUBB jersey on Jimmy Kimmel and at D-Wade’s Bulls presser, just falls out of love for the program. He’s also been on campus in the past 5 years for a non-bball related events, and wore Marquette themed shoes when he played in Milwaukee.

But I have no idea of the rumor you talk about. I’m just going off my chain of events.

ghostofcorms77

• Walk-On
« Reply #84 on: May 20, 2023, 03:11:33 PM »
I don’t think he’d just stop supporting—> hate his alma matter he recently supported, without a valid reason.

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
« Reply #85 on: May 20, 2023, 03:33:56 PM »
As I said, it will likely work itself out. I wouldn’t worry about it.

ghostofcorms77

• Walk-On
« Reply #86 on: May 20, 2023, 03:46:12 PM »
I really hope so. I honestly was hoping we’d see 33 in the rafters.

But, he seems so hellbent on wanting nothing to do with Marquette, that I’m not holding out hope haha.

Was this act that pissed him off something we could have seen if we paid attention, or was it all behind the scenes things?

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #87 on: May 20, 2023, 04:10:32 PM »
Sumwon heer must no Jimmy. Just ax 'im, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #88 on: May 20, 2023, 04:11:42 PM »
I don’t think he’d just stop supporting—> hate his alma matter he recently supported, without a valid reason.

I have no idea what this alleged beef is,  but I don't think it takes much to start a beef with some people
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #89 on: May 20, 2023, 04:29:23 PM »
I have no idea what this alleged beef is,  but I don't think it takes much to start a beef with some people

Which people (other than bias) at Marquette are you talking about?

oilcan

• Team Captain
« Reply #90 on: May 20, 2023, 06:05:09 PM »
What the hell are you people talking about here? Jimmy is pissed at MU? Really? Quit this crap. Or tell me what he said. I'm tired of this and the insinuations that Jimmy is somehow dissing MU. Show me.  Show me something. What did he do? What did he say? Or go back to watching your soap operas, or what ever.  How often do you go to your high school reunion?  Jeeze. Give it a rest. Give me a frickin' break.

Uncle Rico

• All American
« Reply #91 on: May 20, 2023, 06:08:42 PM »
What the hell are you people talking about here? Jimmy is pissed at MU? Really? Quit this crap. Or tell me what he said. I'm tired of this and the insinuations that Jimmy is somehow dissing MU. Show me.  Show me something. What did he do? What did he say? Or go back to watching your soap operas, or what ever.  How often do you go to your high school reunion?  Jeeze. Give it a rest. Give me a frickin' break.

Read the thread
“This is bar none atrocious.  Mitchell cannot shoot either.  What a pile of dung”

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
« Reply #92 on: May 20, 2023, 06:09:16 PM »

He is upset at MU. Sorry that bothers you but it is what it is.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #93 on: May 20, 2023, 06:31:12 PM »
Lenny

bias is a very unique poster. He is kind of a lone wolf on many topics. That said, he sure appears to be confident on insider info on the JFB/MU issue.

Uncle Rico

• All American
« Reply #94 on: May 20, 2023, 06:32:34 PM »
Lenny

bias is a very unique poster. He is kind of a lone wolf on many topics. That said, he sure appears to be confident on insider info on the JFB/MU issue.

I think it has more to do with JFB’s time at Marquette.  The negative Buzz Tribune stuff and JFB *may be related
“This is bar none atrocious.  Mitchell cannot shoot either.  What a pile of dung”

oilcan

• Team Captain
« Reply #95 on: May 20, 2023, 06:35:11 PM »
I read the thread. Not to be redundant here but what did he say to offend Marquette? He was given an opportunity to play for MU. Did that turn him into an great NBA player. Or did he motivate himself? He took advantage of it.  I guess some people would want to use him as a recruiting tool. That's understandable.  Who better could do that, if not Dwade?  Why tear down a cherished part of our history to do what? Trash a guy's allegiance to a Marquette?  Some of you guys have an axe to grind here and I don't know why? And I don't care. It's your problem. It's not mine.

Uncle Rico

• All American
« Reply #96 on: May 20, 2023, 06:37:38 PM »
I read the thread. Not to be redundant here but what did he say to offend Marquette? He was given an opportunity to play for MU. Did that turn him into an great NBA player. Or did he motivate himself? He took advantage of it.  I guess some people would want to use him as a recruiting tool. That's understandable.  Who better could do that, if not Dwade?  Why tear down a cherished part of our history to do what? Trash a guy's allegiance to a Marquette?  Some of you guys have an axe to grind here and I don't know why? And I don't care. It's your problem. It's not mine.

He’s trashing his allegiance to Marquette by claiming his JC as his Alma mater and saying get me out of Milwaukee.  This isn’t a one-way street.  He’s purposely avoiding Marquette, not vice versa

Elonsmusk

• All American
« Reply #97 on: May 20, 2023, 07:14:10 PM »
Because if what I understand is true, it’s not about “giving” him anything. He doesn’t want something. It’s about something MUBB did that he didn’t like and probably just needs to be talked out.

I'll never understand why posters claim to know something, but then don't post it?   I mean FFS just say "the rumor is..."

Whatever this is, its got nothing to do with "withoubias" allegations.  They (withoutbias) has had an issue with Jimmy for awhile.

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
« Reply #98 on: May 20, 2023, 07:15:47 PM »
I'll never understand why posters claim to know something, but then don't post it?   I mean FFS just say "the rumor is..."

Whatever this is, its got nothing to do with "withoubias" allegations.  They (withoutbias) has had an issue with Jimmy for awhile.

Because I was asked.  But I’m not sharing something I got on a board behind a paywall.

FartyEightHours

• Starter
« Reply #99 on: May 20, 2023, 07:52:23 PM »
Jimmy must be a complicated fella.  I loved watching him at MU though.
My adjectives are wise, brilliant, and sexy

feedback