[Today at 09:41:46 AM]

NM by Uncle Rico
[Today at 08:59:21 AM]

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by DFW HOYA
[Today at 08:41:22 AM]

2024-25 Outlook by WellsstreetWanderer
[April 25, 2024, 10:03:37 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Omax declares  (Read 86029 times)

Jay Bee

• All American
Re: Omax declares
« Reply #650 on: May 17, 2023, 05:47:29 PM »
#fakenews #lies

Just because he can take two more years doesn't mean he'd be a junior. Marquette already listed him as a junior this past year.

https://gomarquette.com/sports/mens-basketball/roster/olivier-maxence-prosper/7100

His ncaa eligibility classification would most certainly be junior

What’s posted on a website no Matta. Fact is MU listed him as a frosh in 2021-22.
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

MarquetteMike1977

• All American
« Reply #651 on: May 17, 2023, 08:33:03 PM »
From CBS Sports
2023 NBA Draft Combine notes, takeaways: Marquette's O-Max Prosper and 'No. 99' make good first impressions

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #652 on: May 17, 2023, 08:52:30 PM »
Wonder if he plays tomorrow.

The Lens

• All American
« Reply #653 on: May 17, 2023, 09:32:49 PM »
Oh, I agree. If I'm the GM of the team with the 51st pick, and I want O-Max, I'm drafting him. Not gonna let someone else get him.

Depends on the agent.  If Jeff Schwartx, Mark Bartlestein or Rich Paul calls you might do him the solid.  GMs do favors for agents all the time.
The Teal Train has left the station and Lens is day drinking in the bar car.    ---- Dr. Blackheart

History is so valuable if you have the humility to learn from it.    ---- Shaka Smart

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #654 on: May 17, 2023, 09:51:29 PM »
Depends on the agent.  If Jeff Schwartx, Mark Bartlestein or Rich Paul calls you might do him the solid.  GMs do favors for agents all the time.

Former Bucks GM Jason Kidd nods in agreement.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #655 on: May 17, 2023, 10:06:23 PM »

True. Excellent point.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Spotcheck Billy

• All American
« Reply #656 on: May 18, 2023, 08:10:21 AM »
Ben Steele with an update from yesterday
"After this combine, I'm going to see the feedback I get," Prosper said. "And then after that, I'm going to talk with my people and then probably make a decision after that.
"I'm just trying to embrace this. Be where my feet are right now and take this all in. And then we'll see after that.""I envisioned myself coming in here and playing with great energy," Prosper said. "Going and making hustle plays.
"Really impact the game multiple ways. Rebounding the ball. Sprinting the floor. Playing defense. And I knew if I did those things, I was going to find myself some buckets. Some dunks. Some cuts. Some offensive rebounds. Then once I am in that flow, I can catch-and-shoot threes and make plays.
"I just came in that I was going to work the hardest on the floor today. And that's how I was able to get the game that I got today."
« Last Edit: May 18, 2023, 08:11:56 AM by Spotcheck Billy »

PaintTouches

• All American
« Reply #657 on: May 18, 2023, 09:20:47 AM »
Quick roundup of how OMax set draft Twitter ablaze yesterday, cementing his NBA pedigree. The question is no longer will he stay in the draft, but will he move into the first round.

https://painttouches.com/2023/05/18/omax-looking-more-and-more-like-promax-marquette-nba-draft-olivier-maxence-prosper-combine/

The Equalizer

• All American
« Reply #658 on: May 18, 2023, 09:29:44 AM »
Quote from: brewcity77 link=topic=64742.msg1551849#msg1551849 date=
#fakenews #lies

Just because he can take two more years doesn't mean he'd be a junior. Marquette already listed him as a junior this past year.

https://gomarquette.com/sports/mens-basketball/roster/olivier-maxence-prosper/7100

His ncaa eligibility classification would most certainly be junior

What’s posted on a website no Matta. Fact is MU listed him as a frosh in 2021-22.

I believe for Marquette, classification depends on how many credits the player has earned. When OMax transferred in MU likely didn't accept enough of his Clemson credits for him to be considered a soph, so he was listed as a freshman. He likely caught up credit-wise and was considered a junior this past season. 

If he returns, classification on MU's page will depend on his credit count.  He'll be a junior again if his credit tally falls short of what would be considered a senior.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #659 on: May 18, 2023, 09:38:07 AM »

I believe for Marquette, classification depends on how many credits the player has earned. When OMax transferred in MU likely didn't accept enough of his Clemson credits for him to be considered a soph, so he was listed as a freshman. He likely caught up credit-wise and was considered a junior this past season. 

If he returns, classification on MU's page will depend on his credit count.  He'll be a junior again if his credit tally falls short of what would be considered a senior.

I have never seen a player's stated year of athletic eligibility be based on their academic progress.  (And my guess is that they accepted 100% of his freshman year credits anyway.)

I think Marquette simply changed how it classifies players wrt the extra Covid year. Initially they "removed" a year so that people could tell that a four-year "junior" would have one more year of eligibility. But as people like rocky saw, they were pretty much the only school that did that.  So they changed so that they "counted up" with the understanding that a "senior" may have one more year remaining.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #660 on: May 18, 2023, 09:51:48 AM »
I was really happy to see Prosper keep up with his EGBs during the combine game. A lot of his teammates seemed to go into their own heads during stoppages/dead-balls and Prosper was constantly dapping them up and chatting.

I always thought that was something you couldn't coach in a kid, but maybe you can? Good on him either way.

I tried to come up with a good Prosper nickname working 'props' in there but it came out muddled. Go nuts, clever folks

GoldenEagles03

• All American
« Reply #661 on: May 18, 2023, 10:07:29 AM »
If you go to GOOGLE and type in 'NBA Combine' OMax is the headline of almost every page that pulls up.

That's so cool.
VIOLENCE!

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #662 on: May 18, 2023, 10:24:41 AM »

This is completely made up nonsense and not true at all. Has zero to do with credits.

Btw, it’s not just OMax - they treated everyone the same. Different each year, but applied consistently to all players in each particular year.

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #663 on: May 18, 2023, 11:22:57 AM »
If you go to GOOGLE and type in 'NBA Combine' OMax is the headline of almost every page that pulls up.

That's so cool.

Damn. 

GoldenEagles03

• All American
« Reply #664 on: May 18, 2023, 02:01:46 PM »
OMax has withdrawn from today's competition at the NBA Combine.

He's already shown what he's needed to. Tough to top what he did yesterday.
VIOLENCE!

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #665 on: May 18, 2023, 02:05:53 PM »
OMax has withdrawn from today's competition at the NBA Combine.

He's already shown what he's needed to. Tough to top what he did yesterday.
Well that, and he needs to pick his classes for next year.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #666 on: May 18, 2023, 02:18:41 PM »
OMax has been gowne since last summer, hey. Great young man seizing his aspirations.

"The Marquette Dream"

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #667 on: May 18, 2023, 02:25:13 PM »
The only mystery in life is why the Kamikaze Pilots wore helmets...
            ---Al McGuire

Spaniel with a Short Tail

• All American
« Reply #668 on: May 18, 2023, 03:38:53 PM »
With Omax and others moving up, any reports on who's headed downward?

GoldenEagles03

• All American
VIOLENCE!

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #670 on: May 18, 2023, 07:11:28 PM »
Now Zach is gone. Fml

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #671 on: May 18, 2023, 07:25:29 PM »

Juan Anderson's Mixtape

• All American
« Reply #672 on: May 18, 2023, 09:09:48 PM »

MU82

• All American
« Reply #673 on: May 21, 2023, 10:59:13 AM »
The Athletic's John Hollinger has a new article on which players improved their stock the most at the Combine. A large photo of O-Max is at the top of the article, just ahead of this paragraph:

Taking top honors was Marquette forward Olivier-Maxence Prosper, a big wing who didn’t show a lot offensively this season. He scored a game-high 21 points in the first day’s scrimmage and, not shockingly, pulled out of the second day. Prosper also measured 6-6 and 3/4 in socks with a 7-1 wingspan, and uncorked a 35-inch standing vertical, the second-best leap at the event. Teams are likely to go back through his tape and ask questions – how somebody this athletic could have such low rates of blocks and steals, and whether his limited feel (just 1.3 assists per 100 possessions) will be a barrier. Nonetheless, he may have played himself into the back end of the first round.

Lots of very interesting observations in that one paragraph, including some criticism of O-Max's relative lack of production at MU and capped by the forecast of where he might be drafted. Which is much higher than most of us thought possible.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

tower912

• All American
« Reply #674 on: May 21, 2023, 11:19:19 AM »
One of the things that frustrated me about OMax last season was how he could drive into the lane almost at will and then.... stop.   Didn't explode to the rim.   Because everyone knew he would do a two footed jump stop, he rarely drew extra defenders.  I was looking forward to watching him posterize defenders at the rim and/or start looking for open shooters or cutters.   That will have to happen at the next level.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

feedback