[April 19, 2024, 11:23:24 PM]

2024 Mock Drafts by Jockey
[April 19, 2024, 11:10:31 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by Jockey
[April 19, 2024, 11:09:03 PM]

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by Scoop Snoop
[April 19, 2024, 09:34:36 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Keeyan Itejere Transfer Portal  (Read 12318 times)

4everwarriors

• All American
Re: Keeyan Itejere Transfer Portal
« Reply #50 on: April 17, 2023, 12:14:38 PM »
Tough choice, aina?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

zcg2013

• Team Captain
« Reply #51 on: April 17, 2023, 12:25:42 PM »
Sounds like Keeyan is choosing between a walk-on at BYU or a scholarship at NKU.

The Horizon League highlights would be amazing. Also, would be interesting if he chose NKU and played at UW-Milwaukee how many MUBB players would watch if they had a chance.

CountryRoads

• All American
« Reply #52 on: April 17, 2023, 12:45:05 PM »
Sounds like Keeyan is choosing between a walk-on at BYU or a scholarship at NKU.

Can walkons get NIL? I’d be very opposed to them being able to as it seems like an easy way to get around the scholarship limit.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #53 on: April 17, 2023, 12:48:40 PM »
Can walkons get NIL? I’d be very opposed to them being able to as it seems like an easy way to get around the scholarship limit.

Yes. All players can get NIL.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

jfp61

• All American
« Reply #54 on: April 17, 2023, 12:53:33 PM »
He was expected to go to BYU. I don't know if Khalifa going their complicated things, or if the offer remained the same.

(BYU has a decent NIL program associated with their football team)

GoldenDieners32

• All American
« Reply #55 on: April 17, 2023, 01:02:40 PM »
The Horizon League highlights would be amazing. Also, would be interesting if he chose NKU and played at UW-Milwaukee how many MUBB players would watch if they had a chance.
Went to the UWM Oakland game last year in milwaukee, a majority of the mubb guys were there to see JC

Viper

• All American
« Reply #56 on: April 17, 2023, 02:06:53 PM »
Tough choice, aina?
what would Dawn Staley suggest?

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #57 on: April 17, 2023, 02:30:44 PM »

This is still college basketball, where most players want to get playing time and prove they can go pro in some way.  13 scholarships (with NIL) is more than most schools will want to use.  If Kentucky can pay 30 guys to be on their bench to screw over other schools, great!  But 20 of those guys have to know they're never gonna make money in pro basketball...

SaveOD238

• All American
« Reply #58 on: April 17, 2023, 02:52:04 PM »

One of the major arguments for NIL was that Johnny Business was allowed to do modeling work on the side and Mary Engineer was allowed to make money on her YouTube channel, but players could not.  NIL levels the playing field so ALL students (even athletes) can make money from their Name, Image, and Likeness.

So yes, walk-ons can get NIL.

CountryRoads

• All American
« Reply #59 on: April 17, 2023, 03:33:12 PM »
This is still college basketball, where most players want to get playing time and prove they can go pro in some way.  13 scholarships (with NIL) is more than most schools will want to use.  If Kentucky can pay 30 guys to be on their bench to screw over other schools, great!  But 20 of those guys have to know they're never gonna make money in pro basketball...

True, it probably wouldn’t be abused in most cases, though I could see it being used in certain situations. One example would be a team that is full on scholarships who takes a transfer that needs to sit out the first year. I guess it’s just interesting to know that the 13 scholarship limit is more of a soft requirement now than a hard one. Agree though that it won’t be used to stack teams. Everyone wants to play.

lawdog77

• All American
« Reply #60 on: April 17, 2023, 03:44:12 PM »
Aren't the Badgers doing this?

BrewCity83

• All American
« Reply #61 on: April 17, 2023, 04:12:53 PM »
Who knew how expensive all these silent verbals would be?
The shaka sign, sometimes known as "hang loose", is a gesture of friendly intent often associated with Hawaii and surf culture.

jfp61

• All American
« Reply #62 on: April 17, 2023, 04:27:29 PM »

Carter Gilmore "You guys are getting paid to be walk-ons?"

Stretchdeltsig

• All American
« Reply #63 on: April 17, 2023, 06:52:08 PM »

Does it really matter when their recruits are 2 stars from minnesots?

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #64 on: April 17, 2023, 07:06:41 PM »
Does it really matter when their recruits are 2 stars from minnesots?

Buzzcuts ain't cheap these days.

Dickthedribbler

• All American
« Reply #65 on: April 17, 2023, 08:11:42 PM »
[/quote

He was a popular teammate. All of them would be there.

WhiteTrash

• All American
« Reply #66 on: April 17, 2023, 08:27:15 PM »
This is essentially how we ended up in this mess. Schools like Kentucky found players good paying "Jobs" watering lawns where there were sprinkler systems.

Some schools (SEC & SWC) could not play ethically so rules were put in place to make it fair for everyone. The NCAA was never motivated to limit player's ability to make money from legit opportunities. Just like the NFL's salary cap was not intended to limit players salaries but to create a competitive playing field for the benefit of the entire sport. The NFLPA and owners were proven correct.

mumi27

• Starter
« Reply #67 on: April 18, 2023, 11:44:33 AM »
Looks like Keeyan has committed to Northern Kentucky

https://twitter.com/NKUNorseMBB/status/1648359115649892357

"𝗪𝗘𝗟𝗖𝗢𝗠𝗘 𝗧𝗢 𝗡𝗞𝗨 - @KItejere

𝗞𝗘𝗘𝗬𝗔𝗡 𝗜𝗧𝗘𝗝𝗘𝗥𝗘 is joining 𝗡𝗢𝗥𝗦𝗘 𝗡𝗔𝗧𝗜𝗢𝗡 as the 6-9 big man + physical specimen comes to Highland Heights by way of Marquette for the 2023-24 campaign"

• All American
« Reply #68 on: April 18, 2023, 11:54:55 AM »
This is essentially how we ended up in this mess. Schools like Kentucky found players good paying "Jobs" watering lawns where there were sprinkler systems.

Some schools (SEC & SWC) could not play ethically so rules were put in place to make it fair for everyone. The NCAA was never motivated to limit player's ability to make money from legit opportunities. Just like the NFL's salary cap was not intended to limit players salaries but to create a competitive playing field for the benefit of the entire sport. The NFLPA and owners were proven correct.

The salary cap was never meant to limit player's compensation???
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Nukem2

• All American
« Reply #69 on: April 18, 2023, 12:13:56 PM »

Collectively, yes. Individually, no.

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #70 on: April 18, 2023, 12:30:49 PM »
Looks like Keeyan has committed to Northern Kentucky

https://twitter.com/NKUNorseMBB/status/1648359115649892357

"𝗪𝗘𝗟𝗖𝗢𝗠𝗘 𝗧𝗢 𝗡𝗞𝗨 - @KItejere

𝗞𝗘𝗘𝗬𝗔𝗡 𝗜𝗧𝗘𝗝𝗘𝗥𝗘 is joining 𝗡𝗢𝗥𝗦𝗘 𝗡𝗔𝗧𝗜𝗢𝗡 as the 6-9 big man + physical specimen comes to Highland Heights by way of Marquette for the 2023-24 campaign"
Wish Keeyan all the best. A high quality young man. Will be fun to see Keeyan gets some minutes at NKU.
Winning is overrated. The only time it is really important is in surgery and war.
                       ---Al McGuire

WhiteTrash

• All American
« Reply #71 on: April 18, 2023, 01:04:17 PM »

It intent/goal of the NFL (players and owners) was to promote balanced competition in the league that would attract greater numbers of fans and revenue to be shared by all.

One of the results was limiting individual compensation.

If I want to drive across county to sit on the beach, my intent is to go to the beach, the result is I've worn through the life of my tires. But my goal was not to wear out my tires, it was a result of reaching my goal.   

• All American
« Reply #72 on: April 18, 2023, 01:18:29 PM »
It intent/goal of the NFL (players and owners) was to promote balanced competition in the league that would attract greater numbers of fans and revenue to be shared by all.

One of the results was limiting individual compensation.

That just isn't accurate. Everything the NFL did was to limit the compensation and freedom of movement for the players.  It was when Reggie White got the big deal in Green Bay as one of the original plaintifs to their lawsuit against Plan B free agency, that the NFL insisted on a salary cap in return for greater player movement in their next CBA.

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #73 on: April 18, 2023, 01:23:30 PM »
This makes a lot of sense. I think I remembered hearing Shaka and Horn were tight.

Really hoping Keeyan does well there.

GoldenDieners32

• All American
« Reply #74 on: April 18, 2023, 01:30:35 PM »
Will definitely go watch NKU vs UWM

feedback