Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Keeyan Itejere Transfer Portal  (Read 12299 times)

GoldenEagles03

• All American
Re: Keeyan Itejere Transfer Portal
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2023, 11:21:19 AM »
Opens up a spot for a transfer in.
VIOLENCE!

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2023, 11:26:19 AM »
Great athlete.  Good luck to him.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

BCHoopster

• All American
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2023, 11:27:54 AM »
Thats good news for me, now they can bring in another forward or even a backup center with muscle!

Tha Hound

• All American
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2023, 11:28:04 AM »
Similar to Ellis, probably best for both parties. Lets bring in an impact guy and run it back with the rest of the squad..

Juan Anderson's Mixtape

• All American
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2023, 11:28:32 AM »
Good luck Keeyan!

Pepe Sylvia

• Team Captain
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2023, 11:29:02 AM »
thats a shame, i thought with some more control he could be something special. hope it happens for him even if elsewhere.
twitterx: @HBOCEOofTits

Spotcheck Billy

• All American
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2023, 11:41:03 AM »
I am disappointed his time here didn't work out, I wish him the best wherever he lands.

Mu8891

• All American
« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2023, 11:43:22 AM »
It’s not a shame.  I’m sure he’s a great kid … but was not going to play at MU. 

He needs to move down a step or two …

Hope it works out.

Now Shaka can bring in the One Guy …
That fits in, helps w / Chemistry and can help out right away

GoldenEagles03

• All American
« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2023, 11:50:17 AM »
It’s not a shame.  I’m sure he’s a great kid … but was not going to play at MU. 

He needs to move down a step or two …

Hope it works out.

Now Shaka can bring in the One Guy …
That fits in, helps w / Chemistry and can help out right away

Regardless of what happens, we are officially a team that is an IDEAL location for an impact Senior/Grad Transfer to come chase a title.  How cool is that?!?! I mean seriously...
VIOLENCE!

StillWarriors

• All American
« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2023, 11:55:50 AM »
Not a shocker, and wish him well. Have a funny feeling we will see some highlights down the road of him at the mid-major level. I hope he does have the opportunity to use the lessons of the past couple years and really come into his own. His athleticism was tantalizing, but probably too far to go with the skills to contribute significantly at MU. He was certainly worth taking a flyer on and seemed like a very likable guy who was very much part of the mix on the team.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2023, 12:00:50 PM »
Best of luck at his next stop. He could be a force if he finds a rim running type mid-major.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #12 on: March 28, 2023, 12:18:01 PM »
Good luck Keeyan on the  next step in your journey .

You were a member of Big East Champion team and that is an achievement to be proud of.
Winning is overrated. The only time it is really important is in surgery and war.
                       ---Al McGuire

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #13 on: March 28, 2023, 12:24:23 PM »
Wish you well, Keeyan!  His athleticism was something to behold.  He could be a really nice player as an upperclassman. 
I would take the Rick SLU program right now.

StillAWarrior

• All American
« Reply #14 on: March 28, 2023, 12:44:49 PM »
Good luck, Keeyan! I hope he finds a great situation where he will be a key contributor.

Not that anyone is overly surprised by this transfer, but I thought it was interesting in the Xavier game when Shaka subbed Keeyan in alone and then after he walked onto the court, they called the rest of the subs up from the bench. They all went in during the same stoppage, but it was definitly Keeyan alone at the scorer's table checking in and walking on to the floor. The rest of the guys all subbed in together. They gave Keeyan a little bit of a "moment". I thought at the time it was some small recognition for him and an indication that he would not be back.
Never wrestle with a pig.  You both get dirty, and the pig likes it.

The Lens

• All American
« Reply #15 on: March 28, 2023, 12:53:48 PM »

You were a member of Big East Champion team and that is an achievement to be proud of.

Karon Bradley will be your official MU alum concierge on all fture #mubb event planning questions.
The Teal Train has left the station and Lens is day drinking in the bar car.    ---- Dr. Blackheart

History is so valuable if you have the humility to learn from it.    ---- Shaka Smart

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #16 on: March 28, 2023, 12:54:40 PM »
Good luck, Keeyan! I hope he finds a great situation where he will be a key contributor.

Not that anyone is overly surprised by this transfer, but I thought it was interesting in the Xavier game when Shaka subbed Keeyan in alone and then after he walked onto the court, they called the rest of the subs up from the bench. They all went in during the same stoppage, but it was definitly Keeyan alone at the scorer's table checking in and walking on to the floor. The rest of the guys all subbed in together. They gave Keeyan a little bit of a "moment". I thought at the time it was some small recognition for him and an indication that he would not be back.
Shaka did this a few times with Keeyan. Subbing him in before the others….even if it was only 20-30 seconds.

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #17 on: March 28, 2023, 01:17:57 PM »

I think it was more of a piece of respect -- subbing him in before the walk ons. 
I would take the Rick SLU program right now.

CountryRoads

• All American
« Reply #18 on: March 28, 2023, 01:29:26 PM »
I think it was more of a piece of respect -- subbing him in before the walk ons.

Yeah, definitely a token of respect which he earned and deserved. Though, Keeyan’s time here was a big disappointment. By the end of year 2, it seemed that Michael Kennedy was closer to passing Keeyan on the depth chart than Keeyan was to passing Gold. Hope he finds more success at his next stop.

JakeBarnes

• All American
« Reply #19 on: March 28, 2023, 01:31:55 PM »
I will always remember him fondly for almost murdering a DePaul player on a fast break dunk attempt.
Assume what I say should be in teal if it doesn't pass the smell test for you.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #20 on: March 28, 2023, 01:33:36 PM »
I will always remember him fondly for almost murdering a DePaul player on a fast break dunk attempt.
Attempt being the operative word
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

GoFastAndWin

• Team Captain
« Reply #21 on: March 28, 2023, 02:01:56 PM »
Sandy Cohen 2.0 (sorry if this has been said already on Scoop, I’m not here much anymore)

Crazy athleticism that just is difficult to harness. Keeyan will have a solid career.

Sandy had a monster Redshirt SR year at UWGB, setting a seasonal scoring record. Played pro ball in Israel.

Pepe Sylvia

• Team Captain
« Reply #22 on: March 28, 2023, 02:18:24 PM »
Sandy Cohen 2.0 (sorry if this has been said already on Scoop, I’m not here much anymore)

Crazy athleticism that just is difficult to harness. Keeyan will have a solid career.

Sandy had a monster Redshirt SR year at UWGB, setting a seasonal scoring record. Played pro ball in Israel.

I always thought of him more as project big like Hazel, trend Blackledge, Mbao to an extent. Except I suppose I held out more hope for him. Cohen seems more similar to Jamal Cain or Bailey.
twitterx: @HBOCEOofTits

pbiflyer

• All American
« Reply #23 on: March 28, 2023, 02:31:04 PM »
Attempt being the operative word

It wasn't an attempt, as at least per ESPN, he turned it over before the shot. He is a perfect 100% from the floor for his career...5-5. ;D

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/player/_/id/4684207/keeyan-itejere

Juan Anderson's Mixtape

• All American
« Reply #24 on: March 28, 2023, 02:35:32 PM »
It wasn't an attempt, as at least per ESPN, he turned it over before the shot. He is a perfect 100% from the floor for his career...5-5. ;D

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/player/_/id/4684207/keeyan-itejere

An insane 7 dunks/40 min!

feedback