[Today at 07:05:03 PM]

D-I Logo Quiz by Jay Bee
[Today at 06:25:51 PM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by MU82
[Today at 04:38:12 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Uncle Rico
[Today at 04:09:20 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Keeyan Itejere Transfer Portal  (Read 12333 times)

hawk

• Scholarship Player
Re: Keeyan Itejere Transfer Portal
« Reply #25 on: March 28, 2023, 05:33:01 PM »
He would be a god fit at UWM.  They have a coach and a program that is on the the rise.

Stretchdeltsig

• All American
« Reply #26 on: March 28, 2023, 06:17:11 PM »
So the three transferring will be replaced by the three recruits.

WarriorHal

• All American
« Reply #27 on: March 29, 2023, 02:31:26 PM »
Opens up a spot for a transfer in.

We have three freshmen coming in with no scholarship seniors graduating. Not sure how we have one open with three guys transferring out. Were we already one under the limit?

Juan Anderson's Mixtape

• All American
« Reply #28 on: March 29, 2023, 02:34:46 PM »
We have three freshmen coming in with no scholarship seniors graduating. Not sure how we have one open with three guys transferring out. Were we already one under the limit?

Yes.  Never replaced Justin Lewis.

Its DJOver

• All American
« Reply #29 on: March 29, 2023, 02:35:26 PM »

https://www.muscoop.com/index.php?page=page4655

Daniel

• All American
« Reply #30 on: March 29, 2023, 05:57:34 PM »
https://www.muscoop.com/index.php?page=page4655

I’m confused.   I thought we had 14 scholarship players signed for 23/24.   One over the  limit.   Now we have three scholarship players leaving, Wrightsil, itegere and Ellis.   Does that not leave two scholarships open now? 

tower912

• All American
« Reply #31 on: March 29, 2023, 06:09:03 PM »
No one was counting Wrightsil. So, counting....
Kolek
Kan
Omax
Oso
Stevie
Joplin
Ross
Sean
Gold
Tre
Al
Zaire

Keeyan
EE
Wrightsil

15-3=12
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #32 on: March 29, 2023, 06:12:52 PM »

oilcan

• Team Captain
« Reply #33 on: March 29, 2023, 06:47:41 PM »
I told you kids a month or two ago not to worry about being over the limit. I said Ellis and Itejere would be leaving. More talent is coming in and these two would have to excel to get past the newcomers and get minutes coming off the bench. Of course it was encouraging to see their names on the roster and expectations were high. But not high sky. That was what a year ago? 

What you don't want to do is go to the portal and sign someone now. Save it for a freshman somewhere who wants to jump from somewhere and sign an intent to play at MU.  Smart has built his reputation being straight with his players. About their roles and playing time. How do you divide up 40 minutes? If players leave because they can't play enough to meet their expectations as a player or as someone who can contribute to a winning team, it's a sign of progress. Player development. Sorry about the kids comment. It wasn't meant to be snarky. Anyone younger than 60 is a kid to me.  As far as the team goes--- The team has never been in greater shape since the seventies. Enjoy it. Next year will be special.

oilcan

• Team Captain
« Reply #34 on: March 29, 2023, 07:17:25 PM »
PS I'm so sorry Writsil didn't get to play this year. Sorry for him and sorry for MU. He was so talented. NAIA Player of the Year. I'm sure he was looking forward to the jump to big time bb. MU needed his experience and needed him to play minutes. He was a scorer and a rebounder. It was, I'm sure, a good experience for him despite the disappointment of sitting out due to his injury. But in crap happens. And you deal with it. Life goes on. 

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #35 on: March 29, 2023, 07:35:09 PM »
I told you kids a month or two ago not to worry about being over the limit. I said Ellis and Itejere would be leaving. More talent is coming in and these two would have to excel to get past the newcomers and get minutes coming off the bench. Of course it was encouraging to see their names on the roster and expectations were high. But not high sky. That was what a year ago? 

What you don't want to do is go to the portal and sign someone now. Save it for a freshman somewhere who wants to jump from somewhere and sign an intent to play at MU.  Smart has built his reputation being straight with his players. About their roles and playing time. How do you divide up 40 minutes? If players leave because they can't play enough to meet their expectations as a player or as someone who can contribute to a winning team, it's a sign of progress. Player development. Sorry about the kids comment. It wasn't meant to be snarky. Anyone younger than 60 is a kid to me.  As far as the team goes--- The team has never been in greater shape since the seventies. Enjoy it. Next year will be special.
We just have to keep having recruiting classes where at least 3 prospects(including selected portal) turn into rotation players

We had a very good Class of Juniors this year

The Sophomore Class was solid

The Freshman all made the rotation

Looking forward to 2023 prospects

Have a good start on 2024 and if we don't take a portal player then lets fill that year with some more high quality talent

The only mystery in life is why the Kamikaze Pilots wore helmets...
            ---Al McGuire

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #36 on: March 29, 2023, 07:41:15 PM »
WE STILL NEED A 6'11" RIM PROTECTOR NEXT YEAR TO SOLIDIFY THE ROSTER AND TO COMPETE AT THE HIGHEST LEVEL.
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #37 on: March 29, 2023, 07:48:15 PM »
WE STILL NEED A 6'11" RIM PROTECTOR NEXT YEAR TO SOLIDIFY THE ROSTER AND TO COMPETE AT THE HIGHEST LEVEL.

There are only two tragedies in life: one is not getting what one wants, and the other is getting it.
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

GoldenEagles03

• All American
« Reply #38 on: March 29, 2023, 07:49:14 PM »

It really isn't that big of a need.

If Oso is back he is play 30+ minutes. Ben Gold will develop enough to be trusted for the other 10 and he had a solid block rate this season, he just *couldn't* get minutes.

He was solid to finish the season though.  He will be awesome for this program.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2023, 09:01:44 PM by GoldenEagles03 »
VIOLENCE!

Nukem2

• All American
« Reply #39 on: March 29, 2023, 08:16:56 PM »
It really isn't that big of a need.

If Oso is back he is play 30+ minutes. Ben Gold will develop enough to be trusted for the other 10 and he had a solid block rate this season, he just could get minutes.

He was solid to finish the season though.  He will be awesome for this program.
Thats assuming good health. That’s where the depth issue comes into play.

Don_Kojis

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #40 on: April 04, 2023, 10:42:38 PM »
Gold is like Mel Counts of the old NBA.   He is a good shot but too skinny.   I would still like a 6'11 to 7 footer who can rebound, block shots and dunk.

Mu8891

• All American
« Reply #41 on: April 04, 2023, 10:55:13 PM »
I agree …
MU needs a big / strong/ rebounding
4/5 that can back up OSO and play 15 mins a game. The one “ missing “ piece …

Ben Golds Five

• Starter
« Reply #42 on: April 05, 2023, 12:06:16 AM »
Any chance we'd want Wrightsil to back out of the portal now that we have extra spot? 🤷

Stretchdeltsig

• All American
« Reply #43 on: April 05, 2023, 07:41:55 AM »
Gold is like Mel Counts of the old NBA.   He is a good shot but too skinny.   I would still like a 6'11 to 7 footer who can rebound, block shots and dunk.

Gold can do all that. He will add muscle with the help of Todd Smith.

TallTitan34

• All American
  • Gold N. Eagle (Ret.), Two Time SI Cover Model
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #44 on: April 05, 2023, 08:02:27 AM »
I would still like a 6'11 to 7 footer who can rebound, block shots and dunk.

So Ben Gold with a year or two in the weight room.

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #45 on: April 05, 2023, 08:08:07 AM »
Gold can do all that. He will add muscle with the help of Todd Smith.

Check dat DR% tho

Needs 2 dubble
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

GoldenEagles03

• All American
« Reply #46 on: April 05, 2023, 11:25:44 AM »

Ben Gold does all of those things.

7.1% block rate this season. With great athleticism for a guy nearly 7 feet tall.
VIOLENCE!

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #47 on: April 05, 2023, 12:08:08 PM »
I agree …
MU needs a big / strong/ rebounding
4/5 that can back up OSO and play 15 mins a game. The one “ missing “ piece …

I think Gold will get there but rebounding is our one weakness.  Can or should we add a dead-eye shooter?  I think we have enough but this has crossed my mind.

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #48 on: April 05, 2023, 12:26:14 PM »

Im not sure why your acting like your the only one here who thought these two were transferring.

We knew for a fact 1 person had to leave. Everyone thought it would be Ellis, no one was shocked when it was.

GoldenEagles03

• All American
« Reply #49 on: April 17, 2023, 12:06:52 PM »
Sounds like Keeyan is choosing between a walk-on at BYU or a scholarship at NKU.
VIOLENCE!