[April 19, 2024, 11:10:31 PM]

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by Scoop Snoop
[April 19, 2024, 09:34:36 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Herman Cain
[April 19, 2024, 05:04:53 PM]

NIL Future by MU82
[April 19, 2024, 03:21:43 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Poll

What current players will have the most year to year improvement in the coming season?

O-Max
Joplin
Oso
Stevie
Kam
Kolek
EE

Author Topic: Poll:Year to Year Improvement  (Read 7650 times)

BLWarrior91

• All American
Re: Poll:Year to Year Improvement
« Reply #50 on: September 01, 2023, 02:03:50 PM »
    Interesting question, and next year might deserve a thread of its own, but a few thoughts:

• Tyler Kolek: I think he'll be about the same, if he steps back it will be minor. His 2P% might drop a little, but I think his assist rate and his long range shooting are both sustainable. He might be benefited by having a better shooting team around him. Fun fact: TK is just 175 assists from moving into second all time on the Marquette career assist list.
  • Kam Jones: His 2P% reminded me of Markus' sophomore year. Just a wizard around the rim and I imagine that comes down a bit. But I think he's better than a 36.0% shooter from long range, so that should offset the loss. I also think he ends up about the same overall.
  • Oso Ighodaro: This is my bet to take a step back. He led us in 2P% and offensive rating, and it seems likely not having much as much front court depth might take a toll on him. I also think teams will better scheme to take away his passing. The real question is if he can get to a 33% clip from three to make him a viable threat so teams have to respect him at the arc. If so, I could be completely wrong on him being the most likely to take a step back.
  • Stevie Mitchell: Of the regulars, I think he's the best bet to improve. He's a better shooter than he's shown, he was a prolific scorer in high school, and his work ethic is second to none.
  • David Joplin: I expect his minutes to tick up and his counting stats to be better, but I'm not sure he'll be much more efficient as he'll have to shoulder a bigger defensive load. Depending on how you define improvement, I think he'll be about the same but look better because the PPG/RPG will be up with his minutes increase.
  • Gold, Ross, S. Jones: This feels like where we'll see the real improvement. If there are jumps to be made, it's these guys. My money is on big jumps from Gold and Ross, which will be the depth that takes us from Big East favorite and top-10 team to true national title contender. If Gold and Ross have similar first>second year jumps that we've seen from Justin & Oso in their first to second years at Marquette and Kam, Stevie, Tyler, and O-Max had in their first to second years in the system, we should be cutting more nets in March and maybe April.

Brew…great point about Stevie.  He is far more gifted offensively than we’ve seen.  If he takes a big step forward in asserting himself on the offensive end of the floor, we become even more dangerous.  If Stevie averages 15 ppg, we win a naty. 

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #51 on: September 01, 2023, 02:11:50 PM »
JB gonna be mad when he realizes you're stealing his schtik.

This made me laugh out loud
Lazar picking up where the BIG 3 left off....

MU82

• All American
« Reply #52 on: September 01, 2023, 02:39:22 PM »
JB gonna be mad when he realizes you're stealing his schtik.

schtick, not schtik.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

lawdog77

• All American

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #54 on: September 01, 2023, 04:02:44 PM »
Brew…great point about Stevie.  He is far more gifted offensively than we’ve seen.  If he takes a big step forward in asserting himself on the offensive end of the floor, we become even more dangerous.  If Stevie averages 15 ppg, we win a naty.

Stevie is not going to approach 15 PPG if the team is healthy. If he can score closer to 10 PPG and improve his 3-pt % while remaining a defensive menace that will be outstanding.

MU82

• All American
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

BLWarrior91

• All American
« Reply #56 on: September 04, 2023, 02:36:55 PM »
Stevie is not going to approach 15 PPG if the team is healthy. If he can score closer to 10 PPG and improve his 3-pt % while remaining a defensive menace that will be outstanding.

My point wasn’t so much about Stevie’s ppg but him becoming more of an offensive threat.  Things will open up if defenses have to worry about him knocking down shots.

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #57 on: September 04, 2023, 04:08:27 PM »
My point wasn’t so much about Stevie’s ppg but him becoming more of an offensive threat.  Things will open up if defenses have to worry about him knocking down shots.

Agreed.

feedback