[Today at 12:21:14 PM]

Marquette Football Update by Spotcheck Billy
[Today at 11:11:22 AM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Herman Cain
[Today at 11:00:09 AM]

Banquet by muwarrior69
[Today at 08:43:40 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Go Butler  (Read 5105 times)

tower912

• All American
Go Butler
« on: March 04, 2023, 07:49:58 PM »
Just sayin'
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

HutchwasClutch

• All American
Re: Go Butler
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2023, 10:36:52 PM »
Just sayin'

Yes, St. John’s is clearly a more dangerous team.  Butler is arguably the least talented team in the conference IMO.

mugrad_89

• All American
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2023, 10:42:43 PM »
It really shouldn’t matter who wins that game.

BM1090

• All American
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2023, 10:54:41 PM »
I’d prefer to play Butler but don’t care much. We should handle either team.

GoldenEagles03

• All American
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2023, 11:02:50 PM »
St. John's lead Marquette by 7 at halftime in New York and played their best offensive game of the season today.

Neither was good enough to beat Marquette.  I'm ok with either opponent.
VIOLENCE!

1SE

• All American
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2023, 11:09:40 PM »
These are all the right responses - we're going to have to face teams much better than SJU and Butler to cut down the nets at MSG and Houston.

But COLE gonna COLE.
Real Warriors Demand Excellence

The Lens

• All American
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2023, 11:20:33 PM »
F*ck em. 

Who ever they bring out is gonna lose. 

We’re doing things.
The Teal Train has left the station and Lens is day drinking in the bar car.    ---- Dr. Blackheart

History is so valuable if you have the humility to learn from it.    ---- Shaka Smart

WarriorFan

• All American
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2023, 11:43:15 PM »
Opponent no matta
MU can beat either one.
Again.

As for St. Johns - with any normal officiating crew, 5 of them would have fouled out before the 12 minute TO in the 2nd half.
"The meaning of life isn't gnashing our bicuspids over what comes after death but tasting the tiny moments that come before it."

Silent Verbal

• All American
« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2023, 12:13:16 AM »
In today’s game, St. John’s hit a 70-foot three pointer to end the first half, another three where the guy was fading away out of bounds after just stealing the ball, and one more where the guy was in the air bobbling the ball and ended up tossing it in the general direction of the hoop, which resulted in a four point play.

I agree that St. John’s is more dangerous than Butler, but they got 10 points today by sheer luck.  That’s quite a lot.

Viper

• All American
« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2023, 07:42:52 AM »
I absolutely do not want to face StJ’s. IMO, Marquette can have a bad game, i.e. foul trouble, shooting, whatever, and beat Butler. StJ’s does have talent. I’d prefer the Warriors avoid the Redmen on their court in the BET.

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2023, 12:34:27 PM »
Either one is going to be tough, would have to beat them 3 times...
Goal is National Championship

BLWarrior91

• All American
« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2023, 12:49:31 PM »
The only scary thing about St. John’s is the MSG crowd supporting them.  We should have a better crowd advantage against Butler.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2023, 12:55:17 PM »
Ya ain't doin' chit in da Tourney if St. John's gives ya hives.
Kolek 'em wit no finish line, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

MU82

• All American
« Reply #13 on: March 05, 2023, 01:50:34 PM »
I still remember the consternation on Scoop when we had to face St. John's in our BET opener in 2019. Several Scoopers "guaranteed" we'd lose. I even won a couple bets after Marquette won by 100 points. And that was a much better St. John's team, as well as a fading, poorly coached Marquette team.

I know that fretting about games against cruddy opponents is part of what fans do -- we've seen it here this season going into games against DePaul, Butler, Georgetown, St. John's, Georgia Tech and even effen Radford -- but I have absolutely no concern about facing St. John's on Thursday. Or Butler, obviously. They really suck.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

mugrad_89

• All American
« Reply #14 on: March 05, 2023, 01:53:22 PM »
I still remember the consternation on Scoop when we had to face St. John's in our BET opener in 2019. Several Scoopers "guaranteed" we'd lose. I even won a couple bets after Marquette won by 100 points. And that was a much better St. John's team, as well as a fading, poorly coached Marquette team.

I know that fretting about games against cruddy opponents is part of what fans do -- we've seen it here this season going into games against DePaul, Butler, Georgetown, St. John's, Georgia Tech and even effen Radford -- but I have absolutely no concern about facing St. John's on Thursday. Or Butler, obviously. They really suck.

St John’s was pulling shots out of their asses yesterday to make the end close.  The chances of that happening again are nil.

PointWarrior

• All American
« Reply #15 on: March 05, 2023, 02:03:50 PM »
Bring on either Butler or the Johnnies - Marquette will be either by 15

79Warrior

• All American
« Reply #16 on: March 05, 2023, 03:25:09 PM »
The only scary thing about St. John’s is the MSG crowd supporting them.  We should have a better crowd advantage against Butler.

If we can’t beat SJU then forget about a UConn matchup. They are playing terrific and will have more fans there than SJU any day of the week.

withoutbias

• All American
« Reply #17 on: March 05, 2023, 03:50:05 PM »

Weren’t you championing the “What Marquette teams have done in the past has nothing to do with what they’ll do this year” train going into the at Butler game? Now you’re bringing up past MU/SJU BET games to determine what’s going to happen in the matchup this year?

Scoop Snoop

• All American
« Reply #18 on: March 05, 2023, 04:10:02 PM »
St John’s was pulling shots out of their asses yesterday to make the end close.  The chances of that happening again are nil.

Yep. And 10/20 on three pointers. What are the chances they can do that again at MSG? Pretty sure they did not average 50% this season. Also 89% FT shooting.

I had a strange feeling that the miracle 3 at the end of the first half would come back to haunt us, and it nearly did. Anyone think they can do that again?

The only thing working against us-and it may be huge in a close game- is SJ being the home team on the court.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2023, 04:28:04 PM by Scoop Snoop »
Wild horses couldn't drag me into either political party, but for very different reasons.

"All of our answers are unencumbered by the thought process." NPR's Click and Clack of Car Talk.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #19 on: March 05, 2023, 04:11:20 PM »
Again, SJU only played 4 games at MSG - and went 2-2. It's barely a home court.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Scoop Snoop

• All American
« Reply #20 on: March 05, 2023, 04:13:31 PM »

Thanks. Did not know that (another way of saying I did not read all the threads here).

We'll be fine. Let's stop obsessing over an anomaly.
Wild horses couldn't drag me into either political party, but for very different reasons.

"All of our answers are unencumbered by the thought process." NPR's Click and Clack of Car Talk.

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #21 on: March 05, 2023, 04:13:44 PM »

I think there’s going to be WAY more UCONN fans there than St John’s. Honestly, there may be more MU fans.

Scoop Snoop

• All American
« Reply #22 on: March 05, 2023, 04:16:25 PM »
I think there’s going to be WAY more UCONN fans there than St John’s. Honestly, there may be more MU fans.

Yep. Expect 3,000-4,000 Dan Hurley clones, aka UCONN fans.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #23 on: March 05, 2023, 07:33:21 PM »
Weren’t you championing the “What Marquette teams have done in the past has nothing to do with what they’ll do this year” train going into the at Butler game? Now you’re bringing up past MU/SJU BET games to determine what’s going to happen in the matchup this year?

I was talking about Scooper angst, that's all. I've been saying all along that Marquette's gonna romp on Thursday against the Johnnies-Bulldogs winner -- and yes, that has nothing to do with anything that happened in the past.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #24 on: March 05, 2023, 08:06:14 PM »
And if you’re a UCONN fan you root for the 8 seed over the 1 seed.

But if we can’t beat SJU, we’re in trouble.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter