collapse

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: The Perfect Marriage -Dick Van Dyke Version  (Read 2029 times)

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
The Perfect Marriage -Dick Van Dyke Version
« on: February 23, 2023, 07:54:51 PM »
Dick Van Dyke is 97 and says his 51 year old wife keeps him young . Also asserted she is not a Gold Digger……

https://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/dick-van-dyke-97-says-having-beautiful-young-wife-half-age-keeps-young
The only mystery in life is why the Kamikaze Pilots wore helmets...
            ---Al McGuire

4everwarriors

• All American
Re: The Perfect Marriage -Dick Van Dyke Version
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2023, 08:19:53 PM »
Maebea he kant swim and she keeps 'im afloat, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

NCMUFan

• All American
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2023, 08:42:29 PM »
Good for Dick.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2023, 08:55:43 PM »
Chitty-Chitty bang bang.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

jutaw22mu

• All American
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2023, 09:37:27 PM »
Good for him, but she's probably a gold digger.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2023, 09:48:35 PM »
Good for Dick.

Gotta figure she is, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2023, 12:30:20 AM »
My grandma grew up around the block from Dick and his family in Danville.  Dick was a bit older than her but Jerry asked her out multiple times in HS unsuccessfully.  I remember her saying “ Dick was quite handsome back then, we all thought so” when she was HS age and he’d returned to Danville to start his career in radio.

I remember thinking as a kid about the alternate universe where my grandpa was Bert from Mary Poppins

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2023, 07:26:37 AM »
This is a Marquette tie-in.

For some reason, Jr & Sr year my roommates and I would be hanging out at lunchtime between classes watching reruns of the Dick Van Dyke Show.  Maybe it was on before Bonanza, the other lunchtime show?  Buddy Sorrel and his wife "Pickles".  Everytime I pass New Rochelle on I'95 or on the train...............

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2023, 07:38:52 AM »
My grandma grew up around the block from Dick and his family in Danville.  Dick was a bit older than her but Jerry asked her out multiple times in HS unsuccessfully.  I remember her saying “ Dick was quite handsome back then, we all thought so” when she was HS age and he’d returned to Danville to start his career in radio.

I remember thinking as a kid about the alternate universe where my grandpa was Bert from Mary Poppins

At least you all made it out of Danville.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2023, 09:56:48 AM »

At least you all made it out of Danville.

You're not lying...

My grandmother left and went to MU.  Met my grandfather, got married and moved with him back to Sheboygan.

Her younger brother went to U of I then moved back to Danville.  He also married an amazing woman who was a teacher from ISU.

However, my grandma's side had 7 children who are college grads and a whole bunch of grandkids doing the same.

My dad's uncle Ray had 4 kids.  1 went to college, another dropped out, 1 got in legal trouble early on and never got going, and the youngest had a child young which sidetracked her.  Among his grandkids, couple teenage pregnancies and one who almost needed to be sent to another state for school due to the crowd he fell in with.

I'm not meaning to seem snobby because that side of the family are INCREDIBLE people I adore and have been close with since I was young despite only seeing them once or twice a year.  But Danville has RAPIDLY fell off a cliff over the last few decades and its really emblematic of that and the environment that many of them grew up in.  Even with good parents who were involved and were prominent in the community in various ways.

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2023, 10:50:56 AM »
Danville - immortalized in song by the Cryan’ Shames.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2023, 10:53:20 AM »
And Phineas and Ferb.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #12 on: February 24, 2023, 12:29:30 PM »
More random Danville, my Dad's cousins loved to tell their Wisconsin relatives that Robin Yount was born in the hospital there.  But even more interesting...

At the same time, Dick Van Dyke was in HS and my Grandma and Jerry were in middle school.  There was another boy in the grade above them at the same school...named Gene Hackman.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #13 on: February 24, 2023, 01:43:07 PM »
You're not lying...

My grandmother left and went to MU.  Met my grandfather, got married and moved with him back to Sheboygan.

Her younger brother went to U of I then moved back to Danville.  He also married an amazing woman who was a teacher from ISU.

However, my grandma's side had 7 children who are college grads and a whole bunch of grandkids doing the same.

My dad's uncle Ray had 4 kids.  1 went to college, another dropped out, 1 got in legal trouble early on and never got going, and the youngest had a child young which sidetracked her.  Among his grandkids, couple teenage pregnancies and one who almost needed to be sent to another state for school due to the crowd he fell in with.

I'm not meaning to seem snobby because that side of the family are INCREDIBLE people I adore and have been close with since I was young despite only seeing them once or twice a year.  But Danville has RAPIDLY fell off a cliff over the last few decades and its really emblematic of that and the environment that many of them grew up in.  Even with good parents who were involved and were prominent in the community in various ways.

One of my closest friends moved to Danville when her 3 children were very small, and now they all have graduate degrees. But don't let my anecdote overshadow yours.
Have some patience, FFS.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #14 on: February 24, 2023, 03:22:58 PM »
One of my closest friends moved to Danville when her 3 children were very small, and now they all have graduate degrees. But don't let my anecdote overshadow yours.

I assume she and her husband weren't from there?

Its not Skid Row, not everyone that lives or grows up there will turn out to be burnouts or f ups, but I think there was more to it being endemic to people being there as things changed over the years.  Just interesting to have 2 college educated grandparents trickle down to 5 of 6 grandkids not being college educated and remaining in Danville (the 6th interestingly enough has 3 degrees and now lives in the western Chicago burbs) and only 1 even attempting a skilled trade, with no success.  With no significant change in family stature or situation.

lawdog77

• All American
« Reply #15 on: February 24, 2023, 04:02:08 PM »
I assume she and her husband weren't from there?

Its not Skid Row, not everyone that lives or grows up there will turn out to be burnouts or f ups, but I think there was more to it being endemic to people being there as things changed over the years.  Just interesting to have 2 college educated grandparents trickle down to 5 of 6 grandkids not being college educated and remaining in Danville (the 6th interestingly enough has 3 degrees and now lives in the western Chicago burbs) and only 1 even attempting a skilled trade, with no success.  With no significant change in family stature or situation.
Sounds like the family issues are your fault :)

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #16 on: February 24, 2023, 07:24:04 PM »
damn he looks great for 97, but i'd tell him to lose the beard...it ages him ;D
don't...don't don't don't don't

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #17 on: February 24, 2023, 08:15:02 PM »
            ---Al McGuire

Warriors4ever

• All American
« Reply #18 on: February 25, 2023, 12:11:43 AM »
Several years ago driving home from southern Indiana we detoured through Danville so I could take a picture of his childhood home.
Danville was pretty depressing.

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #19 on: March 22, 2023, 10:58:59 AM »
            ---Al McGuire

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
            ---Al McGuire

Warriors4ever

• All American
« Reply #21 on: March 28, 2023, 09:01:39 AM »
The flaming car photo is from about ten years ago, when his car caught fire on the side of a road, there was no crash involved there. I don’t think there was a fire involved in this recent crash.
One of the photos in the article has a caption that says it was taken October, 2023….🤷‍♀️

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #22 on: March 28, 2023, 02:13:44 PM »
The flaming car photo is from about ten years ago, when his car caught fire on the side of a road, there was no crash involved there. I don’t think there was a fire involved in this recent crash.
One of the photos in the article has a caption that says it was taken October, 2023….🤷‍♀️
https://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/dick-van-dyke-car-accident-injuries-did-face-plant-steering-wheel
            ---Al McGuire

Spaniel with a Short Tail

• All American
« Reply #23 on: March 28, 2023, 08:11:50 PM »
I had an old boss who was a veterinarian in Danville. Retired in Arizona. Getting smaller, I had a former co-worker who lived down the road in Rossville.

My contribution.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #24 on: March 28, 2023, 08:29:09 PM »
I pictured his wife to be less...like someone that Rico would enjoy.