[April 24, 2024, 09:57:20 PM]

Best case scenarios by We R Final Four
[April 24, 2024, 08:12:40 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by WhiteTrash
[April 24, 2024, 07:58:02 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Uncle Rico
[April 24, 2024, 04:09:20 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Marketing Ideas  (Read 15024 times)

panda

• All American
Re: Marketing Ideas
« Reply #100 on: February 13, 2023, 02:51:59 PM »
Taking the wife and 3 kids (5, 3 and 1 years old). School night? Who cares! We have a ship on the line!

All of this in spite of a marketing department full of know nothing buffoons. Kudos

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
  • Facts don't care about your feelings!
« Reply #101 on: February 13, 2023, 02:56:04 PM »
Have a family member from Lodi, Wi coming in for the game.  ;) Bought on the Fevo sale.
If we are all thinking alike, we're not thinking at all. It's OK to disagree. Just don't be disagreeable.
-Bill Walton

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
  • Facts don't care about your feelings!
« Reply #102 on: February 13, 2023, 03:12:31 PM »
Many have said they dislike Pete Gillen. To avoid him this Wednesday on CBSSN, come to Fiserv.  ;D
If we are all thinking alike, we're not thinking at all. It's OK to disagree. Just don't be disagreeable.
-Bill Walton

TallTitan34

• All American
  • Gold N. Eagle (Ret.), Two Time SI Cover Model
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #103 on: February 13, 2023, 03:28:58 PM »
CRAIG PINTENS IS NOT WALKING THROUGH THAT DOOR!

Honestly though, I dont know what more you expect them to do.  Anyone with a potential interest in going is aware the game is happening.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #104 on: February 13, 2023, 03:33:49 PM »
Have a family member from Lodi, Wi coming in for the game.  ;) Bought on the Fevo sale.

Life ain't easy for a boy named Sue.

Quack

JakeBarnes

• All American
« Reply #105 on: February 13, 2023, 03:48:30 PM »
Many have said they dislike Pete Gillen. To avoid him this Wednesday on CBSSN, come to Fiserv.  ;D

That may be part of the reason I've gone to certain weekday games this year...
Assume what I say should be in teal if it doesn't pass the smell test for you.

mubb3434

• Team Captain
« Reply #106 on: February 13, 2023, 03:54:40 PM »
All of this in spite of a marketing department full of know nothing buffoons. Kudos

To be fair, we drag our kids to every weekend game, weekday game 6pm starts, and all of the holiday tournaments lol.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2023, 03:58:26 PM by mubb3434 »

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #107 on: February 13, 2023, 04:00:45 PM »
CRAIG PINTENS IS NOT WALKING THROUGH THAT DOOR!

Honestly though, I dont know what more you expect them to do.  Anyone with a potential interest in going is aware the game is happening.

COLE

Imagine if that's how any brand in the world felt? Their leadership would be removed by the board/shareholders.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #108 on: February 13, 2023, 04:01:24 PM »
I don’t believe that the 6pm start is that big of a problem.  People complain about a later weeknight game and now they complain about an early one.

To be fair, I meant that it is too early for me to get there on Wednesday. A very specific comment about my circumstance.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

muhoosier260

• All American
« Reply #109 on: February 13, 2023, 04:03:00 PM »

To be fair, I meant that it is too early for me to get there on Wednesday. A very specific comment about my circumstance.

Username checks out.

BLWarrior91

• All American
« Reply #110 on: February 13, 2023, 04:30:51 PM »

Sultan…I realize that individual people have conflicts.  That’s totally understandable.  I was making a general observation that there are people who complain that 8pm is too late and 6pm is too early.  I think the early start is great for families if they are able to get there by tip off.

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #111 on: February 13, 2023, 05:49:03 PM »
I think if you want to maximize butts in seats then moving the student section to behind one basket would be a good idea. Specifically the sections would be 110-113 in the lower and 213-217 in the upper. I don’t think the students who show up late really care where they sit anyway and it’s fair and equitable. Show up early if you want better seats.

Those behind the basket seats on the other end would be good seats to run promos on and do mini packs for. The upper deck is a much tougher sell and those really are only in demand for the very best games.

Why would we put our loudest and best attendance demographic in worse seats?

CountryRoads

• All American
« Reply #112 on: February 13, 2023, 06:08:39 PM »
Why would we put our loudest and best attendance demographic in worse seats?

The question wasn’t about how to get the best atmosphere at a game, it was about how to sell more tickets. I reread my comment and don’t really have anything additional to add other than to re-emphasize that there would be larger demand from the general public for behind the basket lowers than there would be for the uppers, which in turn would result in more sales overall.

By an extremely large margin, the “loudest” and “best” crowds depend on the opponent and flow of the game and not where the students are sitting. Look at the UCONN game for example. Shaka said it was the loudest he had heard the building. Where were the students? The Bradley Center also had a number of good crowds where all the students were behind the basket. Worked out fine as well there.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #113 on: February 13, 2023, 11:03:34 PM »
The question wasn’t about how to get the best atmosphere at a game, it was about how to sell more tickets. I reread my comment and don’t really have anything additional to add other than to re-emphasize that there would be larger demand from the general public for behind the basket lowers than there would be for the uppers, which in turn would result in more sales overall.

By an extremely large margin, the “loudest” and “best” crowds depend on the opponent and flow of the game and not where the students are sitting. Look at the UCONN game for example. Shaka said it was the loudest he had heard the building. Where were the students? The Bradley Center also had a number of good crowds where all the students were behind the basket. Worked out fine as well there.

The idea of saving some of the best seats in the house for people who aren't willing to commit to season tickets is a dumb idea IMO.  If you can't get decent seats because you are only a casual fan, boo hoo.  Buy them from Stub Hub from someone who was willing to buy tickets to every game.
Have some patience, FFS.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #114 on: February 14, 2023, 09:40:11 AM »

Yeah, you'd have to set away early from you important job duties like posting non-stop on MU boards.

StillAWarrior

• All American
« Reply #115 on: February 14, 2023, 10:10:59 AM »
The idea of saving some of the best seats in the house for people who aren't willing to commit to season tickets is a dumb idea IMO.  If you can't get decent seats because you are only a casual fan, boo hoo.  Buy them from Stub Hub from someone who was willing to buy tickets to every game.

Amen. Pack as many students as close to the baskets on the ends as possible. It's great for the in-person environment and it looks great on TV (which, hopefully, will cause some of those casual fans to think about buying some tickets).
Never wrestle with a pig.  You both get dirty, and the pig likes it.

The Lens

• All American
« Reply #116 on: February 14, 2023, 11:31:14 AM »
COLE

Imagine if that's how any brand in the world felt? Their leadership would be removed by the board/shareholders.

Craig Pintens got a shout out on Titus & Tate two weeks ago. 

But I wasn't shocked.  They know ball, he hired Stan so he knows ball.  Er go they know him.
The Teal Train has left the station and Lens is day drinking in the bar car.    ---- Dr. Blackheart

History is so valuable if you have the humility to learn from it.    ---- Shaka Smart

CountryRoads

• All American
« Reply #117 on: February 14, 2023, 11:52:31 AM »

From that perspective, I don’t disagree. Though, then I think it’s nonsense to complain about the Marketing department since it’s impossible to sell tickets to a type of fan that doesn’t currently exist, which are casual MU fans who are fine sitting in the rafters for your average type of game.

I don’t feel strongly on this topic though and actually prefer how they currently do it. I’ve enjoyed the games at Fiserv and can’t wait for tomorrow.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #118 on: February 14, 2023, 12:00:46 PM »
From that perspective, I don’t disagree. Though, then I think it’s nonsense to complain about the Marketing department since it’s impossible to sell tickets to a type of fan that doesn’t currently exist.

My guess is that Marquette would rather have unsold rafter seats than hold back good seats for the one-off and mini-plan people.

Here's another thing.  As a casual fan, you might buy one of those rafter tickets, get there, and think, "Well, this sucks.  Next time I will do what it takes to get better seats."  That is especially relevant given where we think the prospects are for next year's team.

That's how Glow and I graduated from the $99 season tickets in 2009-2010 to being full-on STHs.
Have some patience, FFS.

muwarrior69

• All American
« Reply #119 on: February 14, 2023, 12:04:25 PM »
My guess is that Marquette would rather have unsold rafter seats than hold back good seats for the one-off and mini-plan people.

Here's another thing.  As a casual fan, you might buy one of those rafter tickets, get there, and think, "Well, this sucks.  Next time I will do what it takes to get better seats."  That is especially relevant given where we think the prospects are for next year's team.

That's how Glow and I graduated from the $99 season tickets in 2009-2010 to being full-on STHs.

Sure, seats in the lower bowl would be preferable, but are the "rafter" seat at FF that bad?

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #120 on: February 14, 2023, 12:30:54 PM »
Sure, seats in the lower bowl would be preferable, but are the "rafter" seat at FF that bad?

I suppose that's a matter of opinion. 

I would sit there if that was what was available at a reasonable price, but I certainly know a lot of seat snobs who would never want to sit anywhere other than the lower bowl.
Have some patience, FFS.

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #121 on: February 14, 2023, 12:31:02 PM »

Nope, and I think that might be one of the reason the atmosphere is a little lacking. It felt like the Lower Bowl was always full at the BC, even for low attended games. Now, it seems like there are always some empty seats.

I think it’s a function of the Upper Bowl being better seats than they were at the BC, and that there are more Lower Bowl seats at Fiserv.

Before, you really had to work to get into the Lower Bowl and made the experience better. Now it’s easier and the payoff may not be as great.

JakeBarnes

• All American
« Reply #122 on: February 14, 2023, 01:24:39 PM »
Nope, and I think that might be one of the reason the atmosphere is a little lacking. It felt like the Lower Bowl was always full at the BC, even for low attended games. Now, it seems like there are always some empty seats.

I think it’s a function of the Upper Bowl being better seats than they were at the BC, and that there are more Lower Bowl seats at Fiserv.

Before, you really had to work to get into the Lower Bowl and made the experience better. Now it’s easier and the payoff may not be as great.

Damn the FF for being so well designed for viewing the game!
Assume what I say should be in teal if it doesn't pass the smell test for you.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #123 on: February 14, 2023, 01:28:37 PM »

I think most people would think "Well this sucks. I'd rather just watch from home."
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #124 on: February 14, 2023, 06:13:34 PM »

I've been a lifer in the 1st row 2nd deck since I've been 23. I love them and don't see myself ever going away from them.

feedback