[March 27, 2024, 10:24:36 PM]

UNLEASH THE POWER OF SCOOP!!! by TallTitan34
[March 27, 2024, 10:20:50 PM]

Best MU team since 1977 by Galway Eagle
[March 27, 2024, 09:47:04 PM]

Chicago bars for Fri game by Hallmarq
[March 27, 2024, 09:09:04 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: Tyler Kolek ... All-American?  (Read 6153 times)

Goose

• All American
Re: Tyler Kolek ... All-American?
« Reply #50 on: February 04, 2023, 01:36:53 AM »
Shooter

I think it is a tie for bias between thinking too highly of himself or too lowly of his scoop brethren. He is hands down the most disrespectful poster on scoop.

I wonder how many other message boards he visits to agitate people. Judging by the fact many of his posts are non-basketball related, he surely is not here to discuss Marquette basketball.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #51 on: February 04, 2023, 01:46:27 AM »
My heroes are something different than 18-22 year old athletes.

Absolutely, mine is a 33 year old athlete, Jimmy Butler

lawdog77

• All American
« Reply #52 on: February 04, 2023, 05:50:33 AM »
Yes because All-American teams have a strict positional labels. Oh wait, they don't at all

I don't think he is a better PG. But he is probably a better guard
He's 5-9 , paying at barely a mid major, and in his small sample size against high majors he sucked balls. Give me Kolek every day and twice on Sunday

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #53 on: February 04, 2023, 06:42:16 AM »
Yea no...

Marcus Sasser, Jalen Pickett, Kendric Davis, Markquis Nowell, Darius Mcghee at Liberty.

Probably some other advance stat arguments for Reece Beekman, one of the Tennessee guards, and maybe even one purdue guard if we get nerdy.

This is kind of a laughable list. No one is talking about Darius McGhee. As good as Pickett and Davis are, team success matters and teams in the 8-bubble lines have a tougher time getting in that conversation.

Sasser or Nowell? They're in the conversation. Beekman and Zeigler? Not really. The Purdue guards? Absolutely not.

I wouldn't have TK first team right now, but somewhere in the 2nd/3rd to honorable mention spots wouldn't shock me. Especially given the dearth of star guards. If he gets BEPOY & Marquette is a 3-seed or better, he'll be on some All-American teams.
This space reserved for a 2024 National Championship celebration banner.

withoutbias

• All American
« Reply #54 on: February 04, 2023, 08:33:06 AM »
Shooter

I think it is a tie for bias between thinking too highly of himself or too lowly of his scoop brethren. He is hands down the most disrespectful poster on scoop.

I wonder how many other message boards he visits to agitate people. Judging by the fact many of his posts are non-basketball related, he surely is not here to discuss Marquette basketball.

Yes. Your boys RoQQQetman, ziggy, and 4never are so much more respectful and always in topic.

jfp61

• All American
« Reply #55 on: February 04, 2023, 09:17:14 AM »
This is kind of a laughable list. No one is talking about Darius McGhee. As good as Pickett and Davis are, team success matters and teams in the 8-bubble lines have a tougher time getting in that conversation.

Sasser or Nowell? They're in the conversation. Beekman and Zeigler? Not really. The Purdue guards? Absolutely not.

I wouldn't have TK first team right now, but somewhere in the 2nd/3rd to honorable mention spots wouldn't shock me. Especially given the dearth of star guards. If he gets BEPOY & Marquette is a 3-seed or better, he'll be on some All-American teams.
That's why i separated who i picked. I fully acknowledge those "advance stat arguments" are probably not for how basketball is thought of, and how the awards are give.

I wouldn't be so sure to eliminate Davis and Pickett though. Its kinda like Markus Howards senior year with both of them being their entire teams and being an 8 or 9 seed (even though both of those guys are worse than Markus). There just are no top end guards to keep them from getting considered.

Kolek's biggest issue is Kam and Oso for individual awards. But i don't mind it as an MU fan.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #56 on: February 04, 2023, 09:33:41 AM »
bias

You are most disrespectful person on scoop and offer little in any basketball related thread. I have zero problem if that is how you want to present yourself. As for "my boys", I'll have their backs any day of the week. Note--Lenny is one "my boys" as well. The guys you noted know MU basketball history, the game and have supported the university for decades.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2023, 09:35:33 AM by Goose »

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #57 on: February 04, 2023, 10:32:09 AM »
I wouldn't be so sure to eliminate Davis and Pickett though. Its kinda like Markus Howards senior year with both of them being their entire teams and being an 8 or 9 seed (even though both of those guys are worse than Markus).

Markus was returning from an All-American season. With multiple 50 point games, he was a household name in CBB circles. Neither Davis nor Pickett had that level of recognition to start the year, and their teams haven't risen to the level Markus' did (#17) to gain that attention.

Really good players, but hard to see them getting the national acclaim AA requires.
This space reserved for a 2024 National Championship celebration banner.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #58 on: February 04, 2023, 01:33:59 PM »
Markus was returning from an All-American season. With multiple 50 point games, he was a household name in CBB circles. Neither Davis nor Pickett had that level of recognition to start the year, and their teams haven't risen to the level Markus' did (#17) to gain that attention.

Really good players, but hard to see them getting the national acclaim AA requires.

Agreed, Memphis is a decent team in a mediocre conference.  And also a 2 man team.  It’s all Davis and Williams which makes his stats gaudy.

Pickett and Penn State are more of the same.  I wouldn’t be surprised to see Pickett not even be first team All B10.

There are four leagues that get more pub right now and there just needs to be one better player in those leagues.  There are four PGs in the mock NBA draft right now.

I can see All Big East.

This is just silly.  Especially since the NBA drafts on potential. 

Nick Smith and Cason Wallace will be lottery picks but neither will even be first team in their respective conferences.  Smith hasn’t played since before Christmas and was averaging 12/2/2.  Wallace isn’t even a top 3 option on his own team and averages 10/4/3.

Smith from NC St will probably get more accolades, but he’s a first round pick because of his potential as a very athletic scoring guard, not cause he’s one of the best PGs in the country

MarquetteMike1977

• All American
« Reply #59 on: February 09, 2023, 11:33:57 AM »
Tyler Kolek has been named to the Naismith Award Mid Season Team

Goose

• All American
« Reply #60 on: February 09, 2023, 11:35:08 AM »
Mike1977

That really is great news for Tyler. That is great company he is with on that list.

MUEng92

• All American
« Reply #61 on: February 11, 2023, 06:50:41 AM »
My dreams aren’t normally a precursor to actual future events so Tyler is probably going to be ok.  However, I woke up during a dream this morning that I was watching an MU game.  Tyler dove for a loose ball and got into a scramble with two opponents fighting for the ball.  Tyler ended up on his back and one of the players put the side of one of his hands across Tyler’s forehead (think karate chop) and proceeded to slam the top of that hand with his other hand like a hammer and nail.  Of course in true NCAA ref fashion, no foul was called.  MU ended up losing the game.  I was livid.

DoctorV

• All American
« Reply #62 on: February 11, 2023, 07:18:16 AM »
My dreams aren’t normally a precursor to actual future events so Tyler is probably going to be ok.  However, I woke up during a dream this morning that I was watching an MU game.  Tyler dove for a loose ball and got into a scramble with two opponents fighting for the ball.  Tyler ended up on his back and one of the players put the side of one of his hands across Tyler’s forehead (think karate chop) and proceeded to slam the top of that hand with his other hand like a hammer and nail.  Of course in true NCAA ref fashion, no foul was called.  MU ended up losing the game.  I was livid.

You’re in so deep, you’re fearing the end.

Like all seasons this one will end, too. Hopefully we get one more good/great month of basketball before it does.

As for the refs, if when it ends we are up in arms and feel wronged by them that means that
A) the season is over regardless
B) the game was likely close, otherwise we wouldn’t be griping about the refs so at least it was a good game and not a blowout
C) it’ll be a tough pill to swallow for a period of time

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #63 on: February 11, 2023, 07:31:08 AM »
Looks like you can vote on www.hoophallawards.com.  A percentage of the vote counts toward the final awards.

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #64 on: February 11, 2023, 09:07:21 AM »
You been thinking about TK a lot a whole lot (TC voice)
Goal is National Championship

Stretchdeltsig

• All American
« Reply #65 on: February 13, 2023, 07:31:35 AM »
Kolek deserves a lot of positive recognition for his outstanding play this year. I hope he's named all BE first team and POY and an All American.

feedback