collapse

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Tyre Nichols  (Read 4772 times)

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
Re: Tyre Nichols
« Reply #50 on: January 29, 2023, 10:29:10 AM »
These 5 cops were inexcusably incompetent criminals and abusive.   The insinuations I have read are that this is not that unusual, the race of these cops is irrelevant.  So it's not about how many cops we have but whether they are capable and competent and do not engage in ruthless, criminal behavior.

Yes.

I spent years playing ball with and against cops in Kenosha - a lot of whom are still friends. I noticed that most fell into one of two categories.

One was made up of those who wanted to be public servants, even who felt a calling to “protect and serve”. The other group was wannabe tough guys who saw cops as enforcers. It’s this second group that cases problems.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #51 on: January 29, 2023, 11:09:01 AM »
We have more full time law enforcement officers now than we did a decade ago. Yes it is down from its peak, but that's not due to "defunding." Its due to the same factors hitting every workforce across the economy today. People are retiring and there are less people around to take their place.

What's happened is people, in general, are not being promoted on merit any longer, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #52 on: January 29, 2023, 11:10:12 AM »
We’ve spent decades vilifying public servants for political points and we can’t fill those positions you say?

Why are you talking about teachers in this thread?

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #53 on: January 29, 2023, 11:19:00 AM »

What's happened is people, in general, are not being promoted on merit any longer, hey?

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
  • "Private message me coward" - panda
« Reply #54 on: January 29, 2023, 11:20:26 AM »

What are you talking about?
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #55 on: January 29, 2023, 11:22:33 AM »
C'mon man, are you so entrenched in education that you can't see the forest for the trees, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Jockey

• All American
« Reply #56 on: January 29, 2023, 11:33:44 AM »
What are you talking about?

Women. Blacks. Hispanics.

Only mediocre white guys deserve promotions.

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
  • "Private message me coward" - panda
« Reply #57 on: January 29, 2023, 11:37:20 AM »
C'mon man, are you so entrenched in education that you can't see the forest for the trees, hey?

You’re in your own little world.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #58 on: January 29, 2023, 11:41:44 AM »
Do you want your heart surgeon to be one of the best and brightest or do you want your heart surgeon to merely be a statistic, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Jockey

• All American
« Reply #59 on: January 29, 2023, 11:44:15 AM »
Do you want your heart surgeon to be one of the best and brightest or do you want your heart surgeon to merely be a statistic, hey?

Gotta give you your props. You proudly don’t even try to hide it anymore.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #60 on: January 29, 2023, 12:00:18 PM »
You’re in your own little world.
Well, you know, he thought Rush Limbaugh was brilliant, so...
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #61 on: January 29, 2023, 12:14:51 PM »

By whatever measure you want, this country has never been a true meritocracy

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #62 on: January 29, 2023, 12:30:09 PM »
No one has answered my question. Oh, for thee, but not for me, aina?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

MUBurrow

• All American
« Reply #63 on: January 29, 2023, 12:48:59 PM »

I actually thought you meant police unions are a huge part of the problem, and I was going to agree wholeheartedly.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #64 on: January 29, 2023, 01:55:58 PM »
It's absolutely true that blacks are more likely to be victims of police violence.  I'm not sure anyone is disputing that.

Actually, dentists right here in this thread dispute that.

There is systemic racism in law enforcement. On a percentage basis, Black people are more likely to be harassed, beaten and killed by cops. If a Black person and a white person commit the exact same crime, the Black person is more likely to spend time in prison. Once imprisoned, the Black person is less likely to be able to appeal his or her case as successfully as white people who were convicted of the same crime. White people don't routinely get stopped for Driving While Caucasian. White parents don't have to sit their 14-year-old sons down and warn them what could happen to them if they're ever detained by police.

The system is rigged. That's what systemic racism is.

And I don't know the solution either, Muggs. But a good start would be people at least acknowledging the problem (as you're trying to do) rather than contending that everything is the same whether you're "blue, black, green, or red" despite decades and decades worth of statistics showing that to be 100% false.

It might be nice if the knee-jerk reaction didn't include references to antifa and Al Sharpton, but that's asking too much from the aggrieved white folks who just can't catch a break in America.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2023, 02:18:48 PM by MU82 »
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #65 on: January 29, 2023, 02:07:06 PM »
hardy-you don't know jack! "the system"?  kinda like climate change  you guys come up with your b.s. and it's all crap you can't quite put your finger on, but just trust us...it's stuff that you guys can't quantitate and it never ever never goes away.  no amount of money is ever enough.  just keep it coming and you'll tell us when it's all better right

woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooow

Jockey

• All American
« Reply #66 on: January 29, 2023, 02:58:45 PM »
C’mon, Hards. Do some quantatatin’.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #67 on: January 31, 2023, 06:44:23 AM »
Two more Memphis cops have been suspended, including a white cop for unnecessarily tasering Nichols.

Videos also show numerous officers just standing around and/or milling about, watching their criminal buddies murder an unarmed, non-threatening person.

The culture of cops not intervening as their buddies commit heinous crimes against U.S. citizens -- especially people of color -- is alive and well and all part of the systemic racism in policing.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Jockey

• All American
« Reply #68 on: January 31, 2023, 09:05:25 AM »
Two more Memphis cops have been suspended, including a white cop for unnecessarily tasering Nichols.

Videos also show numerous officers just standing around and/or milling about, watching their criminal buddies murder an unarmed, non-threatening person.

The culture of cops not intervening as their buddies commit heinous crimes against U.S. citizens -- especially people of color -- is alive and well and all part of the systemic racism in policing.

The most disgusting part was the fist bumps congratulating each other for the murder.

Even if convicted, they will be getting off easily with the 2nd degree charge. Obviously it can’t be proven, but I believe that these thugs were predators on the prowl who were out that night to “get” someone.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #69 on: January 31, 2023, 09:39:29 AM »
The most disgusting part was the fist bumps congratulating each other for the murder.

Even if convicted, they will be getting off easily with the 2nd degree charge. Obviously it can’t be proven, but I believe that these thugs were predators on the prowl who were out that night to “get” someone.

You think they went out that night looking for someone to murder?

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #70 on: January 31, 2023, 11:27:28 AM »

It's just part of the job.

Jockey

• All American
« Reply #71 on: January 31, 2023, 11:30:30 AM »

Yes I do.

I also realize there is no way to prove it. Hence, 2nd degree murder charges.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #72 on: January 31, 2023, 12:05:44 PM »
It's just part of the job.

Good lord.   ::) ::)

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #73 on: January 31, 2023, 12:43:19 PM »
Good lord.   ::) ::)

Clearly a joke.  Thought you'd see that.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #74 on: January 31, 2023, 01:47:01 PM »
If anybody knows jokes that don't land, it is Ziggy.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

feedback