[March 27, 2024, 10:24:36 PM]

UNLEASH THE POWER OF SCOOP!!! by TallTitan34
[March 27, 2024, 10:20:50 PM]

Best MU team since 1977 by Galway Eagle
[March 27, 2024, 09:47:04 PM]

Chicago bars for Fri game by Hallmarq
[March 27, 2024, 09:09:04 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Tyre Nichols  (Read 4771 times)

jesmu84

• All American
Tyre Nichols
« on: January 27, 2023, 07:57:55 PM »
How many similar situations have occurred where there wasn't video?

This is yet another example that there shouldn't be any excuses for a body cam not on/active/working.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
Re: Tyre Nichols
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2023, 06:06:31 AM »
i didn't even want to watch that video.  i knew it was going to be BAD...REALLY BAD.   i think those rogue cops strayed from the police training manual significantly.  those ex-cops ARE going to jail where they belong.  that is essentially a death sentence, but...oh well. 

the timing of the release of this video was beyond assinine.  i just hope all the cities still recovering from those previous "peaceful protests" are not hit with a 2nd wave of opportunism and looting by the very criminals and antifa thugs the 99% of good police do try to protect us from
don't...don't don't don't don't

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
  • "Private message me coward" - panda
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2023, 07:28:39 AM »
i didn't even want to watch that video.  i knew it was going to be BAD...REALLY BAD.   i think those rogue cops strayed from the police training manual significantly.  those ex-cops ARE going to jail where they belong.  that is essentially a death sentence, but...oh well. 

the timing of the release of this video was beyond assinine.  i just hope all the cities still recovering from those previous "peaceful protests" are not hit with a 2nd wave of opportunism and looting by the very criminals and antifa thugs the 99% of good police do try to protect us from

Lol.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2023, 07:46:21 AM »
You really think 99% of cops are good? More like 20%.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2023, 07:53:47 AM »
I will say what I have said every time this has come up.   I worked next to them for over 30 years.  I do believe that >90% of cops are good.   

Lock these guys up.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2023, 08:13:58 AM »
These guys should and will be in prison for a very long time.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2023, 08:19:29 AM »
Systemic racism in policing is real. Anybody who denies it simply doesn't want to see it.

Also in housing, medicine, academics, business and politics, but those forms of systemic racism are usually more subtle than "rogue" cops harassing, beating and/or murdering people just for being Black.

It is thinking by the likes of roQQet -- who simply can't help but race to "ANTIFA!" and other dog-whistle tropes -- that keeps the systemic racism alive.

I mean, during and immediately after his hero's 1/6/21 coup attempt, roQQet and those who think like him actually tried to blame antifa for it. It must be reassuring to always be able to drum up hatred for big, bad, dark "evildoers" anytime it's convenient.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

tower912

• All American
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2023, 08:23:30 AM »
and..... the countdown to the lock begins.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2023, 08:38:57 AM »

Seconding Sultan’s ‘LOL’.

You probably still believe Antifa was responsible for January 6th.

Uncle Rico

• All American
« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2023, 09:04:59 AM »
Seconding Sultan’s ‘LOL’.

You probably still believe Antifa was responsible for January 6th.

u know the “fbi” could have stopped it but Hussein didn’t want them too and then the big guy had ice cream aina
“This is bar none atrocious.  Mitchell cannot shoot either.  What a pile of dung”

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2023, 10:27:39 AM »
Systemic racism in policing is real. Anybody who denies it simply doesn't want to see it.

Also in housing, medicine, academics, business and politics, but those forms of systemic racism are usually more subtle than "rogue" cops harassing, beating and/or murdering people just for being Black.

It is thinking by the likes of roQQet -- who simply can't help but race to "ANTIFA!" and other dog-whistle tropes -- that keeps the systemic racism alive.

I mean, during and immediately after his hero's 1/6/21 coup attempt, roQQet and those who think like him actually tried to blame antifa for it. It must be reassuring to always be able to drum up hatred for big, bad, dark "evildoers" anytime it's convenient.
It appears they all parties in this case are of the same race…
Winning is overrated. The only time it is really important is in surgery and war.
                       ---Al McGuire

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2023, 10:34:29 AM »
You really think 99% of cops are good? More like 20%.

Nah, dat's da stat fore politicians, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
  • "Private message me coward" - panda
« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2023, 10:38:25 AM »

So?
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #13 on: January 28, 2023, 11:12:58 AM »

Tell me you don't understand systemic racism without telling me you don't understand systemic racism.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #14 on: January 28, 2023, 11:26:03 AM »

Yes.

It doesn't matter what race the officers are. If Nichols had been white, he'd almost surely still be alive today. But he was Black, so he was harassed, assaulted and murdered by the police. That's the effen problem -- the racism is embedded within the system, built over decades and decades (centuries, really) of history.

In other words, systemic.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #15 on: January 28, 2023, 11:29:31 AM »
Or so says Al Sharpton, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

MU82

• All American
« Reply #16 on: January 28, 2023, 11:34:45 AM »
Or so says Al Sharpton, hey?

I'd have expected nothing less from you. Bravo for calling out the scary Black man.

Next on the greatest hits: "Reverse racism" is worse than actual racism.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #17 on: January 28, 2023, 11:35:51 AM »
What may the outcome have been if the cops were white, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

MUBurrow

• All American
« Reply #18 on: January 28, 2023, 11:46:03 AM »
What may the outcome have been if the cops were white, hey?

They would have planted a gun?

It would be too early to jump to conclusions?

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #19 on: January 28, 2023, 11:58:36 AM »
In a shocking turn of events, Fox News host suggests cops aren't to blame and wonders whether Tyre Nichols was "on something."

https://news.yahoo.com/fox-news-host-didn-t-235905518.html

Not to be outdone on the stupidity scale, Jason Whitlock says this all happened because the Memphis police chief is a single Black woman. (The fact that this isn't true seems not to matter,but Jason was never good with facts).

https://www.mediaite.com/tv/jason-whitlock-says-tyre-nichols-died-because-officers-were-supervised-by-a-single-black-woman-which-isnt-even-true/

« Last Edit: January 28, 2023, 12:09:33 PM by Pakuni »

Uncle Rico

• All American
« Reply #20 on: January 28, 2023, 12:07:35 PM »
In a shocking turn of events, Fox News host suggests cops aren't to blame and wonders whether Tyre Nichols was "on something."

Not to be outdone on the stupidity scale, Jason Whitlock says this all happened because the Memphis police chief is a single Black woman. (The fact that this sin't true seems not to matter,but Jason was never good with facts).

https://www.mediaite.com/tv/jason-whitlock-says-tyre-nichols-died-because-officers-were-supervised-by-a-single-black-woman-which-isnt-even-true/

Whitlock had time to get on Fox for this after complaining all week that ESPN was showing women’s basketball highlights? 
“This is bar none atrocious.  Mitchell cannot shoot either.  What a pile of dung”

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #21 on: January 28, 2023, 12:19:56 PM »

Not to be outdone on the stupidity scale, Jason Whitlock says this all happened because the Memphis police chief is a single Black woman. (The fact that this isn't true seems not to matter,but Jason was never good with facts).

Whitlock looking for that Clay Travis money

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #22 on: January 28, 2023, 12:24:49 PM »
it's about human decency and respect for the other PERSON.  when people beat up, shoot, torture, rape, violate another human being, it's wrong wrong WRONG-PERIOD.  i don't give a chit what race is involved-why is this so hard.  putting race into this just further divides us.  we are all against what happened and believe it was obviously wrong.  decent, civilized human beings do not do this to each other.  don't divide this into race or religion or anything-people should have souls that tell them certain things are just wrong.  character defects need to be addressed appropriately
don't...don't don't don't don't

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #23 on: January 28, 2023, 12:37:45 PM »
it's about human decency and respect for the other PERSON.  when people beat up, shoot, torture, rape, violate another human being, it's wrong wrong WRONG-PERIOD.  i don't give a chit what race is involved-why is this so hard.  putting race into this just further divides us.  we are all against what happened and believe it was obviously wrong.  decent, civilized human beings do not do this to each other.  don't divide this into race or religion or anything-people should have souls that tell them certain things are just wrong.  character defects need to be addressed appropriately

The system puts race into it.  You're just not willing to acknowledge that it is a factor.  We all know who you are already.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #24 on: January 28, 2023, 12:39:05 PM »
The system puts race into it.  You're just not willing to acknowledge that it is a factor.  We all know who you are already.

Race and/or class

feedback