[Today at 09:07:16 AM]

2024 Transfer Portal by Spotcheck Billy
[Today at 07:22:54 AM]

Dallas bars tonite by Marquette Gyros
[Today at 06:59:41 AM]

Are we still recruiting anyone for the 24-25 season. by Jay Bee
[Today at 06:42:08 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: Big East Tournament  (Read 28257 times)

Jables1604

• Team Captain
Re: Big East Tournament
« Reply #25 on: February 05, 2023, 04:24:42 PM »
Those looking for a great Italian meal I’d suggest Trattoria Malatesta in the West Village. All pastas are homemade. Handwritten menus. Cash only. No reservations.

For a great spot near the Garden try Turntable Chicken Jazz. Great chicken barbecue joint. Only about 3blocks away.

Also on an off night try and get into The Comedy Cellar on MacDougal. Tough to get a spot unless you reserve early (through their website).

wheatonMU

• Walk-On
« Reply #26 on: February 05, 2023, 04:34:11 PM »
Jay Bee,

You’ll need to fine tune the dates a bit.  We are staying the 8th-12th and it still shows available.  The full block (4th to 14th) shows No Availability.

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #27 on: February 05, 2023, 04:46:10 PM »
Well folks, we are thinking of going to the BET this year....FINALLY ! ! !  Im asking for a little guidance for Tix and even Hotel stays.....  Would like to stay at the team hotel! ! !  Do I contact MU Athletic office??  Any help will be appreciated ! ! !  8-)

Best advice would be to get a hotel a few miles out of the city.

Or you could stay at the Holiday Inn a few blocks from MSG for a grand or more per night.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #28 on: February 05, 2023, 05:06:01 PM »
If you can arrive via Amtrak, I recommend it! You deboard in Penn Station, just below MSG. Easy, easy.

In addition to the games, be sure to make time for a trip to Central Park. The 911 memorial is a must. The victims and their loved ones deserve to have us pay our respects. My wife and I will try to visit the United Nations this time. Last year it was closed to the public. Something about a humongous annal opening invading a neighboring country. They were kinda busy.

Expect to pay some outrageous prices for a lot of things. Then you will not be surprised.

Consider the New Yorker Hotel, an Art Nouveau landmark that opened just about the same time the stock market crashed. Two floors above us, a guy named Nickolai Tesla lived in 2 rooms for years. Just below the lobby, they have an area dedicated to Tesla.

Agreed with Central Park and the 9/11 Memorial. 9/11 Memorial is heavy, obviously.

Walk across the Brooklyn Bridge, from the Brooklyn side into Manhattan. Also, take the Staten Island Ferry (free) and then just get back on it to head back into Manhattan. Those are the two best views of the city, to me.

I don’t like breakfast food at all really, but I’d eat Bagel Pub bagel breakfast sandwiches for every meal if I could.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #29 on: February 05, 2023, 05:09:28 PM »
Those looking for a great Italian meal I’d suggest Trattoria Malatesta in the West Village. All pastas are homemade. Handwritten menus. Cash only. No reservations.

For a great spot near the Garden try Turntable Chicken Jazz. Great chicken barbecue joint. Only about 3blocks away.

Also on an off night try and get into The Comedy Cellar on MacDougal. Tough to get a spot unless you reserve early (through their website).

Good call on Comedy Cellar. I’m not much of a standup fan. Show was at like midnight and we were staying in Brooklyn, so it was going to be a late night. Wouldn’t have picked it as something to do myself, but it was awesome. Aziz Ansaria stopped in and did some standup. It was his first public appearance following the sexual abuse accusation. He was actually the worst performance, was clearly just testing material. But pretty cool to see him in front of about 250 people maybe? I don’t know the capacity, but it’s not big.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Badgerhater

• All American
« Reply #30 on: February 05, 2023, 05:15:59 PM »
Best advice would be to get a hotel a few miles out of the city.

Or you could stay at the Holiday Inn a few blocks from MSG for a grand or more per night.

The IHG app shows several holiday inn and crown plazas 2-3 blocks from MSG for between $260-$300 a night during the BET.

Badgerhater

• All American
« Reply #31 on: February 05, 2023, 05:19:45 PM »
Stop by Fraunces Tavern if you head down to the WTC.  George Washington had his farewell dinner to his officers there after the revolution.

Pretty relaxing vibe with a great liquor selection and live music.

Badgerhater

• All American
« Reply #32 on: February 05, 2023, 05:25:11 PM »
If you can arrive via Amtrak, I recommend it! You deboard in Penn Station, just below MSG. Easy, easy

Concur 100 percent.  I’ve done the Chicago-NYC run and from the Newark Airport on the Northeast Regional. Super easy.  The new Moynihan Train Hall is fantastic and lots of food options if you need a quick bite.

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #33 on: February 05, 2023, 05:32:30 PM »
Raouls is a classic French Bistro in Soho. Get a reservation . Great Atmosphere and Excellent Food. You will have a lot of fun there .

180 Prince Street
Winning is overrated. The only time it is really important is in surgery and war.
                       ---Al McGuire

Badgerhater

• All American
« Reply #34 on: February 05, 2023, 05:44:05 PM »
Raouls is a classic French Bistro in Soho. Get a reservation . Great Atmosphere and Excellent Food. You will have a lot of fun there .

180 Prince Street

Around the corner is the Dominque Ansel bakery which is a great spot for coffee and a cronut.

Badgerhater

• All American
« Reply #35 on: February 05, 2023, 05:50:58 PM »
Beer Authority NYC at 300 W 40th St—makes a fantastic morning bloody mary.  It is one stop north of Penn Station on the A line.

Class71

• All American
« Reply #36 on: February 05, 2023, 06:05:13 PM »
⛵⛵⛵⛵⛵

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #37 on: February 05, 2023, 07:58:03 PM »
Booked. Staying basically at Times Square. Keep the suggestions comin!!
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #38 on: February 05, 2023, 08:19:50 PM »
The IHG app shows several holiday inn and crown plazas 2-3 blocks from MSG for between $260-$300 a night during the BET.

Jockitch only stays in the finest IHG properties.   😆😆

shoothoops

• All American
« Reply #39 on: February 06, 2023, 07:52:23 AM »
Quick eats in the neighborhood:

Bacon, egg, and Cheese (Bagels):

Best Bagel and Liberty Bagels are both on 35th, 2 blocks North of MSG. If you are in Chelsea, Brooklyn Bagel on 8th ave and 25th. (about 12 blocks South of MSG)

……………..

Pizza slice or pie:

Pizza Suprema is good, and it’s immediately SW of MSG, on 8th ave and 31st.

(Vito’s, and Joe’s are also nearby)
…………….

There’s a los tacos #1 on 43rd and 8th about 10 blocks N of MSG.
…………..

Costas Arepa Bar is on 35th in between 6th and 7th (South American)
……………..

Chirping Chicken on 43rd and 9th.
………………

The sometimes MUBB sports bar, Mustang Harry’s

30th and 7th Ave or directly SE of MSG.

………………

Renaissance Marriott is on 35th between 7th and 8th.

marqfan22

• Team Captain
« Reply #40 on: February 06, 2023, 07:08:14 PM »
Just got a room.

Deadline is tomorrow for rate

Tried the link. Said the block is sold out. Maybe I call them?

wisblue

• All American
« Reply #41 on: February 06, 2023, 07:26:04 PM »
Hmmm… stayed at Westin near Times Square last year. Liked the location bc not far from Broadway to the north & msg to south.

Team hotel is a bit south aina

We stayed there the only time we went to the tournament in 2009 and the team stayed there that year. It’s a simple 10 block walk to MSG and we went to a show at the New Amsterdam theater which is just across the street.

DegenerateDish

• All American
« Reply #42 on: February 06, 2023, 07:49:53 PM »
I used to stay at the Renaissance Midtown one - two times a month at my last job. I’ve been staying at the Westin for my recent trips, and even though it’s further from MSG, Westin > Renaissance.

Ardmore Mug

• All American
« Reply #43 on: February 06, 2023, 10:48:15 PM »
Booked our room at the Team Hotel... Booked our flights...  Arriving Wed- Departing Sun ! ! ! Now we need Tix ! ! ! LOL 8-)

21Jumpstreet

• All American
« Reply #44 on: February 07, 2023, 06:43:01 AM »

Best Bagel and Liberty Bagels are both on 35th, 2 blocks North of MSG. If you are in Chelsea, Brooklyn Bagel on 8th ave and 25th. (about 12 blocks South of MSG)

……………..

Pizza slice or pie:

…………….

…………..

……………..

………………

………………

Second for Los Tacos #1 and Joe’s. 2nd Avenue Deli is nearby.  If you want to walk, I like Tompkins Square Bagels and John’s of Bleecker St. Of course, if you really want to walk, the world is your oyster in the city.

We stayed at the Library Hotel last year (not for the tourney), took a train from Philly into Penn Station and walked oh about 20 minutes.

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #45 on: February 08, 2023, 06:45:17 AM »
Booked. Staying basically at Times Square. Keep the suggestions comin!!
Sorry JB ron won't travel to NY, will be all over neighboring islands.
Goal is National Championship

muwarrior69

• All American
« Reply #46 on: February 08, 2023, 06:49:43 AM »

……………..

Pizza slice or pie:

…………….

…………..

……………..

………………

………………

Now, what are the prices.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #47 on: February 08, 2023, 07:00:50 AM »
If you go, you know you are going to spend money.   
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Scoop Snoop

• All American
« Reply #48 on: February 08, 2023, 07:13:31 AM »
Now, what are the prices.

Since you're only an hour from MSG, put it in perspective. Marquette fans are spending huge amounts of money for travel, hotel and other expenses, so your outlay for pizza will be pocket change. Coffins don't have pockets. A day tripper like you should not give a rat's ass what the prices are.
Wild horses couldn't drag me into either political party, but for very different reasons.

ATL MU Warrior

• All American
« Reply #49 on: February 08, 2023, 07:18:15 AM »
Since you're only an hour from MSG, put it in perspective. Marquette fans are spending huge amounts of money for travel, hotel and other expenses, so your outlay for pizza will be pocket change. Coffins don't have pockets. A day tripper like you should not give a rat's ass what the prices are.
People that bitch and moan about literally everything are going to bitch and moan.