[Today at 05:59:46 AM]

UNLEASH THE POWER OF SCOOP!!! by Jay Bee
[Today at 05:13:02 AM]

Three Years Ago Today... by Newsdreams
[March 27, 2024, 11:34:10 PM]

Kam Jones 1st Round Mock - The Ringer by PGsHeroes32
[March 27, 2024, 10:40:15 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: Big East Tournament  (Read 28211 times)

Scoop Snoop

• All American
Re: Big East Tournament
« Reply #50 on: February 08, 2023, 07:25:13 AM »
People that bitch and moan about literally everything are going to bitch and moan.

And he is definitely that guy! In addition to "factually stating that we have sucked for the past 10 years" he has replied to optimistic posts by saying "I hope you're right so that I won't be disappointed" (poooor BABY!) and stated that our games should start "no later than 8PM EST." Let's give him credit though. He's consistent.
Wild horses couldn't drag me into either political party, but for very different reasons.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #51 on: February 08, 2023, 07:37:04 AM »
Hey!  Fixed income!
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

muwarrior69

• All American
« Reply #52 on: February 08, 2023, 07:43:47 AM »
People that bitch and moan about literally everything are going to bitch and moan.

Since you're only an hour from MSG, put it in perspective. Marquette fans are spending huge amounts of money for travel, hotel and other expenses, so your outlay for pizza will be pocket change. Coffins don't have pockets. A day tripper like you should not give a rat's ass what the prices are.

And he is definitely that guy! In addition to "factually stating that we have sucked for the past 10 years" he has replied to optimistic posts by saying "I hope you're right so that I won't be disappointed" (poooor BABY!) and stated that our games should start "no later than 8PM EST." Let's give him credit though. He's consistent.

... I just asked a simple question and you guys go off the rails for what?

Scoop Snoop

• All American
« Reply #53 on: February 08, 2023, 07:48:49 AM »
Hey!  Fixed income!

Me too, but I'll order the pizza without asking the price. And that's after paying a crapload of money for travel and hotel, not to mention the tickets.

He once stated that he lived about an hour from MSG but implied that it was questionable whether it was worth his time to go to the games because "we don't seem to win there very often (or words to that effect)"

Oh, and about going "off the rails?" Because it's so easy.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2023, 07:53:54 AM by Scoop Snoop »
Wild horses couldn't drag me into either political party, but for very different reasons.

The Lens

• All American
« Reply #54 on: February 08, 2023, 08:35:17 AM »
Raouls is a classic French Bistro in Soho. Get a reservation . Great Atmosphere and Excellent Food. You will have a lot of fun there .

180 Prince Street

We don't talk about Raoul's on the internet.   
The Teal Train has left the station and Lens is day drinking in the bar car.    ---- Dr. Blackheart

History is so valuable if you have the humility to learn from it.    ---- Shaka Smart

shoothoops

• All American
« Reply #55 on: February 08, 2023, 08:45:47 AM »
Now, what are the prices.

These are mostly, inexpensive food places, (relatively speaking) fast casual types of places, near MSG, that I can recommend as solid to good. There are many other choices and categories that are a little bit longer walk, bus, or subway, as well. Food, drink, or entertainment.

If you or anyone else has more specific questions, (any price range or category) feel free to ask.

shoothoops

• All American
« Reply #56 on: February 08, 2023, 08:48:12 AM »
Second for Los Tacos #1 and Joe’s. 2nd Avenue Deli is nearby.  If you want to walk, I like Tompkins Square Bagels and John’s of Bleecker St. Of course, if you really want to walk, the world is your oyster in the city.

We stayed at the Library Hotel last year (not for the tourney), took a train from Philly into Penn Station and walked oh about 20 minutes.

John’s is good. Both locations. (the other one is in the theater district next to the St. James theater) For those that haven’t been, it’s whole pie only. No slices.

And really many parts of Manhattan, can be “close” via subway, bus, etc….so places to stay, eat, and things to do, don’t all have to be super close to MSG.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2023, 08:58:21 AM by shoothoops »

Scoop Snoop

• All American
« Reply #57 on: February 08, 2023, 09:49:28 AM »
These are mostly, inexpensive food places, (relatively speaking) fast casual types of places, near MSG, that I can recommend as solid to good. There are many other choices and categories that are a little bit longer walk, bus, or subway, as well. Food, drink, or entertainment.

If you or anyone else has more specific questions, (any price range or category) feel free to ask.

Or go online yourself and look up the info you are asking others to provide for you.

muwarrior69

• All American
« Reply #58 on: February 08, 2023, 10:40:42 AM »

Thanks.

Miss Katie’s

• All American
« Reply #59 on: February 08, 2023, 12:19:37 PM »
John’s is good. Both locations. (the other one is in the theater district next to the St. James theater) For those that haven’t been, it’s whole pie only. No slices.

And really many parts of Manhattan, can be “close” via subway, bus, etc….so places to stay, eat, and things to do, don’t all have to be super close to MSG.

The John’s location in Times Square is a cool building, too.  Former church. 

Gato78

• Team Captain
« Reply #60 on: February 08, 2023, 02:08:10 PM »

Spaniel with a Short Tail

• All American
« Reply #61 on: February 08, 2023, 02:28:57 PM »
I've saved a lot of money the last several BETs by not having to buy second and third round game tickets so prices no matta.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #62 on: February 08, 2023, 02:30:50 PM »
Gato78

Thanks for sharing the video.

Gato78

• Team Captain
« Reply #63 on: February 08, 2023, 02:40:53 PM »
Owner, Pat Daley, is a Tosa boy. Went to grade school and high school with him. He needs more Marquette gear on the walls.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #64 on: February 08, 2023, 02:43:06 PM »
Gato

Me too. Refresh my memory again. I was classmates with Sean.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #65 on: February 08, 2023, 02:47:26 PM »
Gato

Sent you a PM.

Badgerhater

• All American
« Reply #66 on: February 16, 2023, 05:56:35 PM »
Marriot is running a 20 percent off deal for Bonvoy members. Reserve this week and it extends for a period that runs through the tournament.

wisblue

• All American
« Reply #67 on: February 16, 2023, 06:03:54 PM »
The John’s location in Times Square is a cool building, too.  Former church.

We have been there a couple of times and love it.

Ardmore Mug

• All American
« Reply #68 on: February 17, 2023, 11:33:21 AM »
Anyone else get the MU Team and Alumni activities Email from MU, being held at Mustang Harry's, etc ???  We are at the Team hotel, no Tix yet, we missed out getting them thru MU, but going to get tix when we are there!!!  8-)

Warriors4ever

• All American
« Reply #69 on: February 17, 2023, 11:38:31 AM »
Yes got it. We went once to Mustang Harry’s several years ago for the pregame, filled with MU people, but we left as we were not in time for a table. 😁
I’ll register and see what we want to do at the time.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #70 on: February 17, 2023, 11:51:49 AM »
SJU fans boycotting Mustang Harry's for life?
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #71 on: February 17, 2023, 12:18:19 PM »
I stopped by Mustang Harry’s late; still was busy. Kind of a tight space as you enter and try to get to the back
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

swoopem

• All American
« Reply #72 on: February 17, 2023, 12:45:32 PM »
Mustang Harry’s is a solid pregame spot. Been there before MU games, Dead shows, and Phish shows. Never had a bad time
Bring back FFP!!!

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #73 on: February 17, 2023, 01:42:32 PM »
I stopped by Mustang Harry’s late; still was busy. Kind of a tight space as you enter and try to get to the back

???

The Thing

• Team Captain
« Reply #74 on: February 17, 2023, 02:18:56 PM »
Y it’s hard to find a street corner in NYC without seeing a $1 pizza place. You can eat it for breakfast, lunch and dinner!

feedback