[Today at 04:05:24 PM]

Sweet 16 presser by cheebs09
[Today at 04:00:16 PM]

2024 NCAA Tournament Thread by NickelDimer
[Today at 03:31:19 PM]

10 years after “Done Deal” … It’s Happening! by The Sultan of Semantics
[Today at 03:24:51 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: Hangin at the Al  (Read 11704 times)

🏀

• All American
Re: Hangin at the Al
« Reply #100 on: November 14, 2022, 06:16:36 PM »
Maybe they don't have them anymore because students were decapitating the Father Wild ones and drinking shots out of his head. 

OH THE HORROR!

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #101 on: November 14, 2022, 06:28:26 PM »
Seems like Marquette missed another marketing (marquetting?) opportunity by not stocking the spirit shop with "wild" shot glasses.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #102 on: November 14, 2022, 07:02:09 PM »
OH THE HORROR!

I thought it was funny, but maybe the PTB didn't
Have some patience, FFS.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #103 on: November 14, 2022, 08:09:15 PM »
I thought it was funny, but maybe the PTB didn't

It does sound very on brand.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #104 on: November 28, 2022, 07:43:12 PM »
Another example of why Marquette's social media efforts are pathetic. This week, Marquette faces a top-10 Baylor team at home in MBB and has home NCAA Tournament games for volleyball. What has Marquette done to promote this and sell tickets on Cyber Monday?

Instagram: MBB has nothing about the Baylor game, VB hasn't posted since before the Big East Tournament, and MU Athletics hasn't posted since before the NCAA Volleyball Selection Show.

Twitter: MBB's only promotion was for games starting in mid-December. They finally mentioned the Baylor game at 2:47 pm, after their negligence to promote this had been mentioned by multiple accounts but did not offer a ticket sales link. VB finally posted the ticket sales link at 3:22 pm. MU Athletics shared the ticket link at the same time as VB.

Email: Nothing about Baylor. VB offer came out at 8:43 last night, so they had it ready to go but for some reason waited to promote it on Cyber freaking Monday.

Quite simply, they suck at this.
This space reserved for a 2024 National Championship celebration banner.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #105 on: November 28, 2022, 07:44:33 PM »
What about tik tok? That's where all the kids are now days
Maigh Eo for Sam

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #106 on: November 28, 2022, 07:48:58 PM »
What about tik tok? That's where all the kids are now days

Nothing. Most recent post from MBB was about Juan Anderson. Athletics and Volleyball don't have accounts, though individual VB players do.
This space reserved for a 2024 National Championship celebration banner.

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #107 on: November 28, 2022, 07:55:59 PM »
Another example of why Marquette's social media efforts are pathetic. This week, Marquette faces a top-10 Baylor team at home in MBB and has home NCAA Tournament games for volleyball. What has Marquette done to promote this and sell tickets on Cyber Monday?

Instagram: MBB has nothing about the Baylor game, VB hasn't posted since before the Big East Tournament, and MU Athletics hasn't posted since before the NCAA Volleyball Selection Show.

Twitter: MBB's only promotion was for games starting in mid-December. They finally mentioned the Baylor game at 2:47 pm, after their negligence to promote this had been mentioned by multiple accounts but did not offer a ticket sales link. VB finally posted the ticket sales link at 3:22 pm. MU Athletics shared the ticket link at the same time as VB.

Email: Nothing about Baylor. VB offer came out at 8:43 last night, so they had it ready to go but for some reason waited to promote it on Cyber freaking Monday.

Thankfully, Broeker jumped in to assure us that the marketing staff is working very hard.

CountryRoads

• All American
« Reply #108 on: November 28, 2022, 08:35:44 PM »

Agree that their efforts have been pathetic. At least from what I can see as a consumer.

Though, I’m interested most in seeing the student turnout. If it’s less than 95% full, then that’s a huge disappointment.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #109 on: November 28, 2022, 08:39:53 PM »
It could have been better, but they decided to pull their advertising from twitter.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #110 on: November 28, 2022, 09:01:10 PM »
I got the "Be a Student" Cyber Monday message this AM.  Not a bad deal, btw. $50 for four Big East break games.

DienerTime34

• All American
« Reply #111 on: November 28, 2022, 09:19:11 PM »
i’d add that when FF opened, the momentum around the program that I thought would be there never really materialized, imo. Team wasn’t great, but not bad. Great team, new great venue, uptick in recruiting talent = momentum/excitement was missing, it seemed. There’s more excitement after a game at The AL!  Winning is a cure-all so hopefully the W’s will stack up. And, getting a couple W’s between the likes of Purdue, ND, Wisconsin and Baylor would be big momentum builders.

I was so excited for the Fiserv & to get an arena built for basketball. But maybe someone can help me understand this -- between a sold-out BC and a sold-out Fiserv -- somehow the BC seemed way louder and more alive. And this is coming from someone who attended Game 6 of the NBA Finals at Fiserv (humblebrag).

Additionally, there's way less of ... everything. Timeouts are a snore. How many times can we watch a dog catch a frisbee or something at halftime? The place is absolutely dead most of the time.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #112 on: November 28, 2022, 09:27:06 PM »
Time for brew to get the Marquette Social Media Director job … and time for MU to get an on-campus arena that won’t be absolutely dead!
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #113 on: November 29, 2022, 10:11:25 AM »
Ok so here's my thoughts. If MU is doing paid social then anyone who has their social platform settings to "hot" (or equivalent trending etc) should see it multiple times. If they're smart they have a dashboard measuring reach and repeat touches and finally would have a metric of conversion rate of views/click that could be adjusted to remove first time viewers (who were likely going to purchase anyways). They should also have an adobe path flow chart of Social entries and what the conversion is, if it's low then I don't see the point in greater paid social campaigns.

Now if theyre not treating this as a paid social campaign and just posting as an ordinary page then Brew's 100% correct that there should be wayyy more posts to help improve general consideration (maybe it doesn't achieve conversion here but down the line).

It's certainly plausible that MU is banking in Fox's publicity that the game will already be well known and perhaps Fox is contracted to send them analytics on MU marketing as well?

Regarding emails, I'd imagine those are essentially warm leads. Anyone who's on that list previously attended an MU game so they might think "well theyre already inclined to go" probably not the best thought process to have from an Emarketing perspective but that might be why there's not much there.
Maigh Eo for Sam

UWW2MU

• All American
« Reply #114 on: November 29, 2022, 10:38:23 AM »
I took my 4 year old to the Chicago State game on Saturday and usually she's very into the games, she leads chants of We Are!" and gets very excited.  However, this time she was pretty quiet after the start of the game and about 10 minutes into the game she leans in very close and whispers to me "Why is it so quiet?"  and followed up saying she wants to yell.

I know this is a terrible opponent on Thanksgiving weekend, but it was a Saturday night game... expected a little more. 

Not to mention, she LOVES getting popcorn at the games.  Last year they had a popcorn stand open for all games on the 200 level.  It was closed on Saturday, so I had to use the Bucks app to order... only to have it tell me popcorn was in a 100 level section.  So we trekked it down to 100 level and back up (after just walked quite a ways from where we parked because the escalators are not convenient to the skywalk bridge) and she was pooped out... only to find popcorn was right at the concessions behind our section.  WTH, why did the app send me downstairs?!    I hate the concession ordering at the FF...

She still had a great time, but the Fiserv has not be a value add for us lately. 

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #115 on: November 29, 2022, 12:21:21 PM »
Title thread should change to Mope Thread
Goal is National Championship

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #116 on: November 29, 2022, 01:46:17 PM »
Title thread should change to Mope Thread
No kidding….. if you dont like it so quiet….stand up and yell.
Bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch.

Big Papi

• All American
« Reply #117 on: November 29, 2022, 02:07:39 PM »
Concessions at FF is a joke.

BrewCity83

• All American
« Reply #118 on: November 29, 2022, 02:09:23 PM »
I was at the game Saturday and it was really quiet, but mostly because there were only a couple hundred students there.  The sweatervests were their usually moderate selves for a November buy game at +27 points.  I made some noise on a coupla dunks that got me out of my seat.

I have to agree on the Fiserv's food/drink service.  It's awful and super inconvenient.  It took my buddy, a guy in his 50s, almost a half hour to get food due to the app not working for him.  He had help from people at the stand, but they refused (or were unable) to conduct a credit card transaction outside of the Bucks App ordering system.  Ridiculous.  Granted, he's a UWM grad...  (LOL) 

The shaka sign, sometimes known as "hang loose", is a gesture of friendly intent often associated with Hawaii and surf culture.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #119 on: November 29, 2022, 02:22:16 PM »
Some of you clearly need to head to the Wintrust more. It'll really make you appreciate the concessions we have.
Maigh Eo for Sam

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #120 on: November 29, 2022, 02:28:55 PM »
Some of you clearly need to head to the Wintrust more. It'll really make you appreciate the concessions we have.
So true……..now Wintrust is a joke.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #121 on: November 29, 2022, 02:48:24 PM »
Students were on Thanksgiving break and about 800 fervent and sun burned Vesties were in SWF.  Hell, if I was leaving 85 degree weather for the Chicago Teacher College game.

I did my loyal duty, however, and gave my tickets away to willing takers and loyal MU fans.

As to the BC vs. FiFo, I think two things.  The BC had a lot fewer seats in the lower bowl, so even for the cupcakes, it would get loud (and it was easier to keep the concentration of concessions open).  Two, the FF student bow tie and the expanded BE schedule means there are many games that are very empty in the lowers as the students are not there.

Yes, Marquette tries to fill those seats during Xmas, but there are also mid term, spring break, and Thanksgiving breaks were those seats are not filled. At the BC, those were filled by season ticket holders under one basket at least.

Then there is COVID...

UWW2MU

• All American
« Reply #122 on: November 29, 2022, 03:28:28 PM »
No kidding….. if you dont like it so quiet….stand up and yell.
Bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch.

Out of curiosity, were you at the game Saturday?

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
  • "Private message me coward" - panda
« Reply #123 on: November 29, 2022, 03:31:38 PM »
I took my 4 year old to the Chicago State game on Saturday and usually she's very into the games, she leads chants of We Are!" and gets very excited.  However, this time she was pretty quiet after the start of the game and about 10 minutes into the game she leans in very close and whispers to me "Why is it so quiet?"  and followed up saying she wants to yell.

I know this is a terrible opponent on Thanksgiving weekend, but it was a Saturday night game... expected a little more. 

Not to mention, she LOVES getting popcorn at the games.  Last year they had a popcorn stand open for all games on the 200 level.  It was closed on Saturday, so I had to use the Bucks app to order... only to have it tell me popcorn was in a 100 level section.  So we trekked it down to 100 level and back up (after just walked quite a ways from where we parked because the escalators are not convenient to the skywalk bridge) and she was pooped out... only to find popcorn was right at the concessions behind our section.  WTH, why did the app send me downstairs?!    I hate the concession ordering at the FF...

She still had a great time, but the Fiserv has not be a value add for us lately. 

You know, every four year old needs to learn the lessons that not every Marquette game is a festival and sometimes you just gotta walk to get your popcorn. Life is hard sometimes.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

mubb3434

• Team Captain
« Reply #124 on: November 29, 2022, 03:32:05 PM »
Does MU do anything with groups (companies, high schools, non-profits, etc.) to do outings?

feedback