[Today at 08:16:25 AM]

Marquette Football Update by Viper
[April 26, 2024, 08:10:52 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by avid1010
[April 26, 2024, 07:48:11 PM]

Does Bucky NOT have a Basketball NIL? by WhiteTrash
[April 26, 2024, 03:52:54 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Rocket gets blamed for Hitler?  (Read 7951 times)

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
Re: Rocket gets blamed for Hitler?
« Reply #100 on: May 28, 2022, 05:14:37 AM »
"Arming the teachers" and "make sure the doors are locked" are not serious responses to this issue.  They are dumb talking points made by dumb people because they know their audience will lap it up and vomit it back out later.

There are sensible ways to attempt to control dangerous people's access to guns.  Ones that fall within the bounds of the second amendment.  No right is absolute.  Maybe its time we try some of those because the other stuff we are doing just isn't working.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

lawdog77

• All American
« Reply #101 on: May 28, 2022, 05:40:13 AM »
Seriously, I am glad you favor a law making training a prerequisite for gun ownership. That would help solve a lot of problems right there.

You want to own a gun, you must take a series of training courses from a certified professional in the field. No exceptions. No loopholes. We can even call it the "rocket law," if you want.

Now add in universal background checks, red-flag laws, must be 21 to own a gun (just like must be 21 to drink), laws mandating that guns must stay locked up in a safe in homes that have minor children, no bump stocks, no guns allowed in drinking establishments, and no weapons that can fire dozens of rounds in seconds ... and we have a good start toward legislation that might actually save a few lives without the "they're taking away all of our guns" hysteria.

Well done on the "rocket law," sir.
How about a buy back law, where people can turn in their guns for a free home security system with monitoring.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #102 on: May 28, 2022, 07:29:52 AM »
i gave a very reasonable, cool headed response and the vitriol and lame ass remarks from the usual suspects who think they own the board...shocker.  you guys(used loosely) are sounding more and more like the ladies on the view.  grow a pair snowflakes.  so many mistakes were made in texas that could have prevented tragedy.  you're not going to change the 2nd amendment over this so let's talk about reasonable measures that would actually work instead of your situational bandwagon jumping because, umm, that's what we're supposed to say, duhhhh, erp

who's gonna train the teachers?  oh, i don't know, but there's still $100 million out there burning holes in school budgets.  how about we take some time away from all the social b.s wasting time and teach them how to save lives.  i'm sure there would be more people than you could count who would train the teachers how to defend our kids-i can't believe anyone would even question this-who would train the teachers...seriously??

lesson #1-lock all doors from the outside getting in

lesson #2-check to see all doors are locked from the outside to get in

Yes, you’re clearly not parroting any talking points whatsoever.

And no, I don’t want to train teachers how to use firearms to protect their students.  The school budgets BS you’re spouting is more nonsensical garbage.  If there is $100 million burning a hole, and there isn’t, that money goes to education, the same education that terrifies you.  How about we take money out of the law enforcement budget since it seems these good guys with guns are overpaid?

We have a gun problem in this country because of responses like this.  More guns and more pro-gun rhetoric has failed this nation for decades but keep talking about idiotic things like arming teachers and freaking locking doors.  Wonder why it’s so easy for bad guys to get guns?  Because we protect guns more than we protect kids and make it easy to access them.  Enjoy more dead kids in this country because God, Guns, America
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #103 on: May 28, 2022, 08:39:39 AM »
 I mean, John freaking Voight of all people thinks we need stricter ownership and training requirements.

https://twitter.com/RonFilipkowski/status/1530533221980594176

If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #104 on: May 28, 2022, 08:43:39 AM »
"Arming the teachers" and "make sure the doors are locked" are not serious responses to this issue.  They are dumb talking points made by dumb people because they know their audience will lap it up and vomit it back out later.

There are sensible ways to attempt to control dangerous people's access to guns.  Ones that fall within the bounds of the second amendment.  No right is absolute.  Maybe its time we try some of those because the other stuff we are doing just isn't working.

if they are talking points, at least they are "points" in an attempt to open up a real discussion, but you guys, with your vitriolic snap backs only inhibit what could be an open and honest discussion at all. so what's so wrong about locking the doors and training some teachers to be the potential first lines of defense.  even though the police were on the scene very quickly(minutes), they obviously proved to be horribly and inept

just a day after the tragic school shooting, chuck schumer blocked a potential bipartisan vote to attempt to make schools more safe-

"Schumer blocked the Luke and Alex School Safety Act to push a doomed vote on another piece of legislation, the Domestic Terrorism Prevention Act, which passed the House after the racially motivated May 14 shooting at a Buffalo grocery store that left 10 dead"

demagoging as usual saying it would only put more guns into schools.  we need to start somewhere, but the pols are afraid someone may get credit for doing something good.  in this case, the "d's" have the power, but are not willing to help because it wasn't their idea

https://www.congress.gov/bill/117th-congress/senate-bill/111

don't...don't don't don't don't

MU82

• All American
« Reply #105 on: May 28, 2022, 08:52:21 AM »
we need to start somewhere

Agreed, so let's start with "rocket's law":

You want to own a gun, you must take a series of training courses from a certified professional in the field. No exceptions. No loopholes.

Thank you for your contribution.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

tower912

• All American
« Reply #106 on: May 28, 2022, 09:22:15 AM »
It gets my vote.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #107 on: May 28, 2022, 09:27:22 AM »
I mean, John freaking Voight of all people thinks we need stricter ownership and training requirements.

https://twitter.com/RonFilipkowski/status/1530533221980594176

We need less guns

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #108 on: May 28, 2022, 09:32:21 AM »
Agreed, so let's start with "rocket's law":

You want to own a gun, you must take a series of training courses from a certified professional in the field. No exceptions. No loopholes.

Thank you for your contribution.

As I said in the other thread, there is way more common ground than most people think.

* Universal background check
* Red flag laws
* Mandatory waiting period
* Training requirements

I think all of those are favored by strong majorities.

Really, a simple system like driver's licenses would greatly improve gun safety:

* Initial licensing process to prove you are a responsible owner, which includes the mandatory training requirement above
* Annual owners tag
* Periodic re-training requirements
* Insurance requirement

If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #109 on: May 28, 2022, 09:33:01 AM »
  if they are talking points, at least they are "points" in an attempt to open up a real discussion, but you guys, with your vitriolic snap backs only inhibit what could be an open and honest discussion at all. so what's so wrong about locking the doors and training some teachers to be the potential first lines of defense.  even though the police were on the scene very quickly(minutes), they obviously proved to be horribly and inept

just a day after the tragic school shooting, chuck schumer blocked a potential bipartisan vote to attempt to make schools more safe-

"Schumer blocked the Luke and Alex School Safety Act to push a doomed vote on another piece of legislation, the Domestic Terrorism Prevention Act, which passed the House after the racially motivated May 14 shooting at a Buffalo grocery store that left 10 dead"

demagoging as usual saying it would only put more guns into schools.  we need to start somewhere, but the pols are afraid someone may get credit for doing something good.  in this case, the "d's" have the power, but are not willing to help because it wasn't their idea

https://www.congress.gov/bill/117th-congress/senate-bill/111

You do not have the ability to have an open and honest discussion because even when you are shown to be wrong, you claim to be right. That’s the sign of an automaton. Not an intelligent man.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #110 on: May 28, 2022, 09:35:37 AM »
We need less guns
Which would be the effect of stronger ownership and training requirements. And those that have guns would be more likely to be responsible owners.

I can't believe I am agreeing with John Voight about something.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #111 on: May 28, 2022, 10:26:44 AM »
You do not have the ability to have an open and honest discussion because even when you are shown to be wrong, you claim to be right. That’s the sign of an automaton. Not an intelligent man.

That's rich, from you.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #112 on: May 28, 2022, 10:30:12 AM »
So because the professionals who are trained on how to use firearms and handle an active shooter situation had absolutely no idea how to (or interest in doing so) handle an active shooter situation, our solution is to…train teachers how to use firearms for an active shooter situation?

Hmm.

But yeah. These teachers aren’t asked to do enough while being terribly underpaid. Let’s add “decide if the stranger walking into your room might have a firearm and shoot them to death before they might shoot you and then shoot all the kids in your classroom” to their job responsibilities.

As if there aren’t already problems with teacher shortages.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Babybluejeans

• Team Captain
« Reply #113 on: May 28, 2022, 10:30:25 AM »
Rocket, it seems like you’re demonstrating the same flying/driving fallacy with guns—it’s not based on rationality or logic, but emotion and the desire for control. It’s understandable. But we shouldn’t organize policy decisions around such fallacies.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #114 on: May 28, 2022, 11:13:09 AM »
https://news.yahoo.com/north-dakota-gop-sen-kevin-142641928.html

"A Morning Consult/Politico poll conducted immediately after the Uvalde shooting showed that 65 percent of respondents either "strongly" or "somewhat" backed additional gun control in the country, while 28 percent opposed such actions.

In the same poll, a staggering 88 percent of respondents supported background checks on gun sales, with 73 percent of respondents "strongly" endorsing the position.

But despite most surveys in recent years consistently showing near-universal support for these measures, Republicans have remained unmoved.

When asked this week if he could get behind any bipartisan gun control legislation, GOP Sen. Kevin Cramer — a former House member who defeated pro-gun Democratic Sen. Heidi Heitkamp in 2018 — told The New York Times that he would suffer at the polls if he did so.

"Most would probably throw me out of office," he told the newspaper."

Chickensh!ts.

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #115 on: May 28, 2022, 11:18:28 AM »
Once again, I disagree with most of you. You believe the polls and think a huge majority was sensible gun laws. A large number of those people are simply lying so they can feel good about themselves.

If you voted for candidates that want no restrictions- you are choosing guns over kids.

I realize that is a very simplistic statement, but it is absolutely true.

I have always made fun of ‘one issue’ voters, but this is beyond that. Our children are dying. The choice is simple in November. Vote for guns or vote for our kids. There is no middle ground.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #116 on: May 28, 2022, 11:24:15 AM »
Our current system allows for minority rule. The will of the American people is being subverted. This should piss everyone off, regardless of their political leanings.

Gerrymandering, primary elections, voter suppression, unlimited senate/house terms,  and the electoral college all combine to create a system where the far right is overepresented in our government and holds the rest of us hostage. 50% of our senators are catering to the wishes of 10% of our population.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #117 on: May 28, 2022, 11:24:43 AM »
I blame jumping worms.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #118 on: May 28, 2022, 11:25:59 AM »
I blame jumping worms.

19 fourth graders are dead.  Not really the time for jokes.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #119 on: May 28, 2022, 11:27:31 AM »
There is plenty of blame to go around.

I agree, lots of change needed. Period.

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #120 on: May 28, 2022, 11:31:59 AM »
19 fourth graders are dead.  Not really the time for jokes.

Not making fun of this at all.  Criticizing the All R’s Bad crowd. Otherwise, a huge issue.

Just a stupid as saying if you are pro abortion, you are pro murder. Equally stupid.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #121 on: May 28, 2022, 11:43:29 AM »
Our current system allows for minority rule. The will of the American people is being subverted. This should piss everyone off, regardless of their political leanings.

Gerrymandering, primary elections, voter suppression, unlimited senate/house terms,  and the electoral college all combine to create a system where the far right is overepresented in our government and holds the rest of us hostage. 50% of our senators are catering to the wishes of 10% of our population.

Yup, yup, yup.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #122 on: May 28, 2022, 11:56:04 AM »
Not making fun of this at all.  Criticizing the All R’s Bad crowd. Otherwise, a huge issue.

Just a stupid as saying if you are pro abortion, you are pro murder. Equally stupid.

List for me below the federal R's that will vote for any gun safety laws. I'll wait.

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #123 on: May 28, 2022, 12:04:43 PM »
List for me below the federal R's that will vote for any gun safety laws. I'll wait.

4 out of 10

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #124 on: May 28, 2022, 12:07:49 PM »
Third thread on this topic being locked in 3….2….1…

Look forward to this convo being transferred and sensibly discussed in the Hauser thread