[April 26, 2024, 10:00:30 PM]

Marquette Football Update by Viper
[April 26, 2024, 08:10:52 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by avid1010
[April 26, 2024, 07:48:11 PM]

Does Bucky NOT have a Basketball NIL? by WhiteTrash
[April 26, 2024, 03:52:54 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Rocket gets blamed for Hitler?  (Read 7923 times)

Hards Alumni

• All American
Re: Rocket gets blamed for Hitler?
« Reply #75 on: May 25, 2022, 11:23:13 AM »
Hards is such an internet and real life badass, he don't need no report button.  He'll fight you, just like Brandon.

I love how you boys are always ride each other's dicks.  It's so darn cute.

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #76 on: May 25, 2022, 11:24:08 AM »
This sidebar on reporting posts is fine and all, but can we please get back to the point of the thread which is blaming roqqet for Hitler?

I don't think that's the point of the thread. I think the point OP made is that Rocky is losing his touch as a moderator in his old age, which I think is indisputable.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #77 on: May 25, 2022, 11:27:04 AM »
Not what I said. Hope you’re more careful and actually read/comprehend posts before you hit the “report” button. LOL

They've explicitly asked for help.  I know you probably can't remember everything at your age, but Sultan also just pointed it out as well.

I only report posts that take the thread incredibly far off topic.  Content doesn't bother me, but carpet bombing threads to intentionally derail a conversation will catch a report from me without regard for the name on the left side of the post.

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #78 on: May 25, 2022, 11:46:09 AM »

Frenns Liquor Depot

• All American
« Reply #79 on: May 25, 2022, 11:55:32 AM »
I blame mental health

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #80 on: May 25, 2022, 11:59:49 AM »
I love how you boys are always ride each other's dicks.  It's so darn cute.

Homophobe.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #81 on: May 25, 2022, 12:04:24 PM »
Homophobe.

I just told you it was cute, not disgusting, calm down Sir Galahad.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #82 on: May 25, 2022, 12:08:24 PM »
I just told you it was cute, not disgusting, calm down Sir Galahad.

I had a family friend who had a cat named Galahad.  And while I like cats, this thing was quite possible the biggest dickhead feline in existence.  Cranky, irritable, and hell bent on torturing and fighting with their other cat and both their dogs.  I found it hilarious given its name

MU82

• All American
« Reply #83 on: May 25, 2022, 12:30:23 PM »
I blame mental health

I blame this fun-loving scamp:

“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #84 on: May 25, 2022, 02:25:41 PM »
Good grief, the report feature is a positive. I've even reported my own posts when I created a near identical thread to someone else so the mods would know to merge them. Sometimes reports call attention to problematic posts, sometimes they call attention to posts that are simply problems or errors. No need for an "I don't report" high horse, it's a feature to make the site better and should be used as such, and it makes moderating much easier as it's difficult to keep up with every post in every thread, even on a medium or low traffic site.

I get your point.

I was referring to posts that offend me is some way. If that is the case, I give myself 2 options. I can respond in kind - or - I can close Scoop. Well there is a 3rd option as well - quit whining and recognize that everything isn't about me.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #85 on: May 25, 2022, 02:51:38 PM »
I get your point.

I was referring to posts that offend me is some way. If that is the case, I give myself 2 options. I can respond in kind - or - I can close Scoop. Well there is a 3rd option as well - quit whining and recognize that everything isn't about me.

You should try number 3 sometime.  First time for everything.

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #86 on: May 25, 2022, 02:52:19 PM »
I blame light rail.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #87 on: May 25, 2022, 03:16:33 PM »
come on man!  covid and that dude who started the war
don't...don't don't don't don't

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member

Babybluejeans

• Team Captain
« Reply #89 on: May 27, 2022, 11:19:07 AM »
Good piece on Americans relationship to guns that is irrational but comforting in modern society that can feel to some like its all beyond their control:

"To grasp the deep resonance of this American Carnage message in certain circles, it helps to understand what it’s like to grow up in the gun-culture bubble — in families and communities who believe that more firearms equal more safety. People outside this world often cannot fathom such an equation. With frustration bordering on fury, they point to studies and data suggesting that owning a gun is more likely to result in the death of a loved one — or oneself — than in the successful defense against an assailant or intruder.

But facts and figures can’t compete with the gut-level craving for a sense of control over one’s surroundings and fate. Consider the difference between people’s attitudes toward flying and driving a car. Statistically, the latter is far more dangerous. But air travel tends to unsettle or even terrify people more, in part because of the feeling that they have no control over the situation. With driving, by contrast, people tell themselves that they are masters of their surroundings, that they will always have the skill, sense and panther-like reflexes to avoid a collision. Even really awful drivers believe this.

Plenty of gun owners operate with an even stronger delusion of being the exception to the rule — the singular driver in perfect control, if you will. They send friends and family members news stories about the rare instances in which an armed citizen took down an intruder or potential assailant. They tell themselves that, in a situation like Uvalde — or Buffalo or Parkland or Las Vegas or Pittsburgh or El Paso — they would be the one to beat the odds, to emerge not just unscathed but quite possibly a hero."

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #90 on: May 27, 2022, 11:41:28 AM »
How many people that keep guns for "safety" EVER use guns to actually keep themselves or their families safe?
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #91 on: May 27, 2022, 12:45:14 PM »
I never heard the driving/flying comparison to gun ownership.  That makes sense.  It's flawed logic but I understand the thought process. So is the better path to gun control focusing on the benefits of handguns for self defense over an AR rifle?
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #92 on: May 27, 2022, 01:18:54 PM »
I never heard the driving/flying comparison to gun ownership.  That makes sense.  It's flawed logic but I understand the thought process. So is the better path to gun control focusing on the benefits of handguns for self defense over an AR rifle?

The best way to step mass shootings is for teachers to quit teaching wokeness and CRT and start teaching more American values
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

Ardmore Mug

• All American
« Reply #93 on: May 27, 2022, 01:41:59 PM »
The best way to stop mass shootings is for  PARENTS start teaching more American values

FIFY ! ! !  8-)

tower912

• All American
« Reply #94 on: May 27, 2022, 01:46:24 PM »
Like those paragons of virtue in Oxford.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #95 on: May 27, 2022, 08:50:34 PM »
How many people that keep guns for "safety" EVER use guns to actually keep themselves or their families safe?

most(if not all) don't EVER want to use guns to keep themselves or their families safe.  they are however, their first and best first responder.  because it still our constitutional right, some people choose to arm themselves.  no, not everyone should arm themselves just because they can.  they should be trained to some level for their own safety and that of their family's.

i'm getting broken into, my family is being assaulted and worse-a phone call? how long a wait, not to mention how badly the texas police first responders f'ed up that situation.  too bad there wasn't a capable police liaison or teacher trained and armed with a gun.  that once in a life time situation could have saved a lot of lives...woulda, coulda...

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #96 on: May 27, 2022, 09:17:32 PM »
  most(if not all) don't EVER want to use guns to keep themselves or their families safe.  they are however, their first and best first responder.  because it still our constitutional right, some people choose to arm themselves.  no, not everyone should arm themselves just because they can.  they should be trained to some level for their own safety and that of their family's.

i'm getting broken into, my family is being assaulted and worse-a phone call? how long a wait, not to mention how badly the texas police first responders f'ed up that situation.  too bad there wasn't a capable police liaison or teacher trained and armed with a gun.  that once in a life time situation could have saved a lot of lives...woulda, coulda...

Well, it’s clear the cops won’t help unless it’s a black guy breaking in.

Who will pay to train teachers?  Texas hates paying teachers to teach.  Now they’re going to pay for them to be trained.

Gun Lives Matter
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #97 on: May 27, 2022, 09:21:24 PM »

You are so stupid. I can’t believe that anyone after this incident would actually suggest “more guns” is the best repose.

But…you know…there’s always rocket.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2022, 09:26:22 PM by User Name #251 »
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #98 on: May 27, 2022, 10:51:25 PM »
i gave a very reasonable, cool headed response and the vitriol and lame ass remarks from the usual suspects who think they own the board...shocker.  you guys(used loosely) are sounding more and more like the ladies on the view.  grow a pair snowflakes.  so many mistakes were made in texas that could have prevented tragedy.  you're not going to change the 2nd amendment over this so let's talk about reasonable measures that would actually work instead of your situational bandwagon jumping because, umm, that's what we're supposed to say, duhhhh, erp

who's gonna train the teachers?  oh, i don't know, but there's still $100 million out there burning holes in school budgets.  how about we take some time away from all the social b.s wasting time and teach them how to save lives.  i'm sure there would be more people than you could count who would train the teachers how to defend our kids-i can't believe anyone would even question this-who would train the teachers...seriously??

lesson #1-lock all doors from the outside getting in

lesson #2-check to see all doors are locked from the outside to get in

MU82

• All American
« Reply #99 on: May 27, 2022, 11:22:15 PM »
no, not everyone should arm themselves just because they can.  they should be trained to some level for their own safety and that of their family's.

Seriously, I am glad you favor a law making training a prerequisite for gun ownership. That would help solve a lot of problems right there.

You want to own a gun, you must take a series of training courses from a certified professional in the field. No exceptions. No loopholes. We can even call it the "rocket law," if you want.

Now add in universal background checks, red-flag laws, must be 21 to own a gun (just like must be 21 to drink), laws mandating that guns must stay locked up in a safe in homes that have minor children, no bump stocks, no guns allowed in drinking establishments, and no weapons that can fire dozens of rounds in seconds ... and we have a good start toward legislation that might actually save a few lives without the "they're taking away all of our guns" hysteria.

Well done on the "rocket law," sir.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson