collapse

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Marquette's Next Freshman Class up 22% from 2021  (Read 6624 times)

shoothoops

• All American
Re: Marquette's Next Freshman Class up 22% from 2021
« Reply #25 on: May 06, 2022, 08:46:20 AM »

This is Marquette's strategy and is what many private schools are doing now.  Focus your resources on areas from where you are likely to get the most students.

Sure they will still do the college fairs where people are sending out alumni because that is a low cost scenario, but admissions work is nearly a three year process now.  The goal is to make sure your professional staff knows each and every admitted applicant at some level.  That is resource intensive work and that requires concentrating on where you are getting the most bang for your buck.

Many national (and even more local regional) private schools don’t have 74% of their student population from just two states.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #26 on: May 06, 2022, 09:02:09 AM »
Many national (and even more local regional) private schools don’t have 74% of their student population from just two states.

Cool
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

pbiflyer

• All American
« Reply #27 on: May 06, 2022, 09:03:59 AM »
My daughter was accepted at Marquette. But due to what she wants to do post grad and in life, UCF ended up as a better choice.
The one nice thing to see is that MU financial aid was in line with the other private universities she was accepted at (Loyola-NO, Hofstra, Fordham).
The pretzel Marquette sent as part of a congrats package was tasty and a nice touch! 

Warrior of Law

• All American
« Reply #28 on: May 06, 2022, 09:05:21 AM »
I don't think most observers would call MU a national school.  I'm sure they get a portion from CA and NY and that's only because 20% of the US population lives there. MU's future is it's past: MKE & Chicago area.
"You can only protect your liberties in this world by protecting the other man's freedom. You can only be free if I am free."  Clarence Darrow

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #29 on: May 06, 2022, 09:14:31 AM »

Way more do than don't.  Especially when you are that close to the third largest metropolitan area in the country.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

shoothoops

• All American
« Reply #30 on: May 06, 2022, 09:17:10 AM »

Way more do than don't.  Especially when you are that close to the third largest metropolitan area in the country.

Examples? Links?

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #31 on: May 06, 2022, 09:17:16 AM »
Stick to teeth.

stick to driving mr & mrs daisy
don't...don't don't don't don't

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #32 on: May 06, 2022, 09:25:37 AM »
stick to driving mr & mrs daisy

I'm not the one who is routinely clowned on here.  Just trying to help you not get dunked on so much around here.

In this specific instance, you don't seem to understand what a "libelous situation" actually is.

But go off, king!

• All American
« Reply #33 on: May 06, 2022, 09:30:36 AM »
Examples? Links?

LOL, you state an assertion...I respond...and you want ME to provide links? 
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

shoothoops

• All American
« Reply #34 on: May 06, 2022, 09:42:06 AM »

LOL, you state an assertion...I respond...and you want ME to provide links?

I said that Marquette has not improved its geographic diversity from the 74-75% from two states. This is a factual statement in response to the link provided that gave those numbers.

You then said those numbers were common at most private schools without providing facts to support your opinion.

I asked for examples. Do you have examples?

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #35 on: May 06, 2022, 09:54:43 AM »
I'm not the one who is routinely clowned on here.  Just trying to help you not get dunked on so much around here.

In this specific instance, you don't seem to understand what a "libelous situation" actually is.

But go off, king!

FFS, take it outside.
Have some patience, FFS.

lawdog77

• All American
« Reply #36 on: May 06, 2022, 09:55:35 AM »
Link? Maybe start with Big East. I looked up St Johns. 72% came from the city and two surrounding counties.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #37 on: May 06, 2022, 09:55:52 AM »
My daughter was accepted at Marquette. But due to what she wants to do post grad and in life, UCF ended up as a better choice.
The one nice thing to see is that MU financial aid was in line with the other private universities she was accepted at (Loyola-NO, Hofstra, Fordham).
The pretzel Marquette sent as part of a congrats package was tasty and a nice touch!

UCF? Uh-oh. Orlando's violent crime rate is double the national average, and the property crime rate is more than double!

Seriously, though, I hope she has a great time and gets a great education there. Thanks for sharing the info about the aid packages.

As for MU's enrollment ...

This is something to be happy about.

Yes it is. We Are Marquette!
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

• All American
« Reply #38 on: May 06, 2022, 09:56:39 AM »
I said that Marquette has not improved its geographic diversity from the 74-75% from two states. This is a factual statement in response to the link provided that gave those numbers.

You then said those numbers were common at most private schools without providing facts to support your opinion.

I asked for examples. Do you have examples?

Yes.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #39 on: May 06, 2022, 09:57:36 AM »
FFS, take it outside.

YOU'RE NOT MY MOM!

• All American
« Reply #40 on: May 06, 2022, 09:59:29 AM »
FFS, take it outside.

When has anyone bitching about a topic going off course ever changed people's behavior?

Hint: it doesn't.  Either report it or deal with it.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #41 on: May 06, 2022, 10:04:15 AM »

When has anyone bitching about a topic going off course ever changed people's behavior?

Hint: it doesn't.  Either report it or deal with it.

You and I both know that reporting it doesn't do squat.
Have some patience, FFS.

• All American
« Reply #42 on: May 06, 2022, 10:05:42 AM »
You and I both know that reporting it doesn't do squat.

Well bitching about it doesn't either. 

So I guess you should just learn to deal with it.

shoothoops

• All American
« Reply #43 on: May 06, 2022, 10:06:58 AM »
Link? Maybe start with Big East. I looked up St Johns. 72% came from the city and two surrounding counties.

Sure. And I would throw in Seton Hall. But that isn't eveb most of the Big East, let alone most private schools, which is what he said.

lawdog77

• All American
« Reply #44 on: May 06, 2022, 10:34:46 AM »
Sure. And I would throw in Seton Hall. But that isn't eveb most of the Big East, let alone most private schools, which is what he said.
I am too busy (lazy) to look any more up, but you might want to read what you wrote in terms of this. You are the one who wrote many private schools dont have this number..

shoothoops

• All American
« Reply #45 on: May 06, 2022, 11:27:04 AM »
I am too busy (lazy) to look any more up, but you might want to read what you wrote in terms of this. You are the one who wrote many private schools dont have this number..

I did say that, AFTER his comment saying it was so, for most private schools. I didn’t say it first. My initial comment was that Marquette’s geographic diversity hasn’t improved. The link the thread originator provided showed that.

At that point the other poster mentioned that this was the case with most private schools. (I knew that the number was different for many private schools)

And here we are without a long list of most private schools. I think that would have been posted by now.

You at least gave the Big East as an example, and I responded.

• All American
« Reply #46 on: May 06, 2022, 11:34:38 AM »
I did say that, AFTER his comment saying it was so, for most private schools. I didn’t say it first. My initial comment was that Marquette’s geographic diversity hasn’t improved. The link the thread originator provided showed that.

At that point the other poster mentioned that this was the case with most private schools. (I knew that the number was different for many private schools)

And here we are without a long list of most private schools. I think that would have been posted by now.

You at least gave the Big East as an example, and I responded.

I am not obligated to provide such a list.

If you don't believe me, I don't give a sh*t.

WhiteTrash

• All American
« Reply #47 on: May 06, 2022, 11:53:58 AM »
I don't think most observers would call MU a national school.  I'm sure they get a portion from CA and NY and that's only because 20% of the US population lives there. MU's future is it's past: MKE & Chicago area.
Marquette not a national university and Creighton is a mid major.

MUScoop never fails to deliver.  ::)

Where can I find the 'Earth is Flat' thread?

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #48 on: May 06, 2022, 12:33:17 PM »
This is the Shaka bump.

muwarrior69

• All American
« Reply #49 on: May 06, 2022, 12:35:06 PM »
Marquette not a national university and Creighton is a mid major.

MUScoop never fails to deliver.  ::)

Where can I find the 'Earth is Flat' thread?

That was true when I applied. I only heard about Marquette from my cousin who lived in Indiana. It wasn't until Marquette became a national power in basketball during Al's tenure that Marquette became national brand so to speak.

feedback