[Today at 02:25:05 PM]

Does Bucky NOT have a Basketball NIL? by MU82
[Today at 02:17:00 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Shooter McGavin
[Today at 11:32:50 AM]

Crean vs Buzz vs Wojo vs Shaka by dgies9156
[Today at 09:15:48 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Sam Hauser against Bucks  (Read 24030 times)

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
Re: Sam Hauser against Bucks
« Reply #175 on: April 14, 2022, 10:58:31 AM »
He probably told Joey to quit falling down.  Even the great Tom Izzo couldn’t fix it

https://twitter.com/bobbystompy/status/1496299865105653767?s=21&t=05IcqDfr9f4l4QLFFL-07A
Must have been using a pair of Greg's feet.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #176 on: April 14, 2022, 02:44:58 PM »
Talk to Pico. He seems to have a big time grudge against White guys from Wisconsin in particular the Hausers. A pox on any body that transfers because according to Pico they are traitors. One wonders why we should entertain any transfers to MU with Pico attitude. Oh yeah....because that is different.
White guys from Wisconsin suck and are extremely soft, we don't want them as fans or basketball players.
Goal is National Championship

Spaniel with a Short Tail

• All American
« Reply #177 on: April 14, 2022, 05:43:30 PM »
Sigh.

Elonsmusk

• All American
« Reply #178 on: April 14, 2022, 07:01:13 PM »
He shoulda! Al punched guys in the face, and the Warriors became national champs!

Agreed. I have absolutely no problem with guys transferring; as you said, that's the landscape, and I actually have been in favor of looser transfer rules.

I do have a problem with those who ruin a promising season before leaving town, and whose selfishness and/or immaturity played a role in the program suffering long-term damage.

I think you fail to acknowledge Markus Howard's selfishness as a catalyst for the Hauser's transfer.  It was widely known the Hauser's would have returned if Markus was gone.  No skilled player would want to play alongside Markus Howard while being coached by a clueless coach who encouraged Markus to go hero ball mode.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #179 on: April 14, 2022, 07:21:52 PM »
Bottom line: neva take gamblin' advice from Woj, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

MU82

• All American
« Reply #180 on: April 14, 2022, 07:46:35 PM »
I think you fail to acknowledge Markus Howard's selfishness as a catalyst for the Hauser's transfer.  It was widely known the Hauser's would have returned if Markus was gone.  No skilled player would want to play alongside Markus Howard while being coached by a clueless coach who encouraged Markus to go hero ball mode.

Why you hate a guy who only did good for our alma mater says a lot more about you than it does about Markus.

Neither of your heroes won jack sh1t after they left Evil Markus, and VSS went from a valuable player alongside Markus to an afterthought under a Hall of Fame coach.

I guess Izzo is clueless, too.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #181 on: April 14, 2022, 07:49:56 PM »
It’s odd to you that someone finds it weird that a fan likes a guy who transferred out?

If that someone finds it weird that a fan likes any player who transfers out - that’s an easily defensible position. Hating some for transferring while holding love feasts for others who do likewise - that’s a little odd.

harryp

• Starter
« Reply #182 on: April 14, 2022, 08:03:40 PM »
I'm not sure, but wasnt Diener from the Fox River valley and b/4 most of you were born Jerry Hopfensberger and Terry Rand also and led us to our first NCAA in 1954.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #183 on: April 14, 2022, 08:20:36 PM »
If that someone finds it weird that a fan likes any player who transfers out - that’s an easily defensible position. Hating some for transferring while holding love feasts for others who do likewise - that’s a little odd.

Agreed.  Not sure why you said that in response to me, but sure.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #184 on: April 15, 2022, 08:30:45 AM »

Bacchanalia time.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

Elonsmusk

• All American
« Reply #185 on: April 15, 2022, 12:01:05 PM »
Why you hate a guy who only did good for our alma mater says a lot more about you than it does about Markus.

Neither of your heroes won jack sh1t after they left Evil Markus, and VSS went from a valuable player alongside Markus to an afterthought under a Hall of Fame coach.

I guess Izzo is clueless, too.

Why do you think I "hate" Markus?  I don't. Yet to absolve him of any responsibility in the rift that occurred between him and Joey/Sam is illogical. 

I can envision the scenario where Markus was ripping into Joey about effort, and Joey responded in kind with: I didn't come here to play defense only, and watch you take 37% of the shots.  You want more effort, stop being a ball hog.

Virtually every player at the high major level was a prolific scorer in high school.  Virtually anyone who plays basketball finds shooting the ball/scoring fun.  Most players don't find playing defense "fun." 

Goose

• All American
« Reply #186 on: April 15, 2022, 12:09:57 PM »
Elon

I said on here after the Buffalo game that there was a very serious potential problem between Joey and Howard and it was laughed off. The rift started early and was not contained by the HC. Joey was angry late in the Buffalo game and did not want to pass Howard the ball and it was very obvious. IMO, blame goes to the HC for not getting things under control. I know many on here loved the 2nd half by Howard in that game, but that was the beginning of when I felt that season was fools gold.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #187 on: April 15, 2022, 12:22:46 PM »
Freshmen don't get to pull attitude on a first team AA.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Its DJOver

• All American
« Reply #188 on: April 15, 2022, 12:23:53 PM »
Elon

I said on here after the Buffalo game that there was a very serious potential problem between Joey and Howard and it was laughed off. The rift started early and was not contained by the HC. Joey was angry late in the Buffalo game and did not want to pass Howard the ball and it was very obvious. IMO, blame goes to the HC for not getting things under control. I know many on here loved the 2nd half by Howard in that game, but that was the beginning of when I felt that season was fools gold.

Yea I'm calling BS on this one, and it's pretty easy to confirm.

Tonight is why Goose only goes to good games with great crowds. Great win, fun time and what college ball is all about.

Job well done by the fella’s.

Like it or not, but a big time performance by Howard. The kid can flat out score and hats off to him.

Very strong performance last night. They beat a good team and made it look easy in second half. Aside from Howard’s performance, I really like the toughness again tonight. Was a fun game to be at and looking forward to BE season to start.

There is definitely excitement building around the team and it showed with the crowd last night. This is a team that likely has no true favorite player to the fans, which is a good thing. It shows that it is not about one or two players, but rather, a team. Winning is the best sales tool for a program. Again, hat’s off to the program for creating some juice in the arena, and on the streets after the game. This is what game day is supposed to look like.

Very happy to say the boys are far exceeding my preseason expectations. IMO, the effort is what impresses me the most. Hope the trend continues because winning sure is fun.

Spot on Lenny. Last night was a great step forward.

Everyone was excited about the program late December 2018.  Fast forward a few months, not so much, but this "I had the all-seeing ball, and it told me a collapse was coming" proclamations in 2022 are complete garbage.  Just for fun, the next post of yours about Joey post the UBuff game was this.

MU82

I am with you in regards to Joey as a player. He really is gifted and I would be surprised if he played more than two years at MU. I have paying special attention to Joey the last handful games and he really is the real deal. Plus, he definitely knows the game at a very high level. He is quickly moving into my all time favorite group of MU players.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #189 on: April 15, 2022, 12:39:06 PM »
Why do you think I "hate" Markus?  I don't. Yet to absolve him of any responsibility in the rift that occurred between him and Joey/Sam is illogical. 

I can envision the scenario where Markus was ripping into Joey about effort, and Joey responded in kind with: I didn't come here to play defense only, and watch you take 37% of the shots.  You want more effort, stop being a ball hog.

Virtually every player at the high major level was a prolific scorer in high school.  Virtually anyone who plays basketball finds shooting the ball/scoring fun.  Most players don't find playing defense "fun."

Did he never watch Marquette before he arrived at Marquette?  The program his brother was playing for?  Did he not know what year Markus was when he committed to Marquette?
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Goose

• All American
« Reply #190 on: April 15, 2022, 12:42:55 PM »
DJO

Did you find my post on stating that Joey was unhappy with Howard in the Buffalo game?

As for my posts in 2018, it was a fun game a fun atmosphere and enjoyed it a lot.

Funny on the Joey post, I was responding and agreeing with 82, the biggest anti Joey guy on scoop. So, I guess that shows opinions can change over time.

You are correct that I did not think fools gold at that moment, probably that game stood out in my mind later when I believed you could not over the long haul with one guy taking all of the shots. I do remember vividly saying to me wife after the Buffalo game that Howard had a historic night and I did not like seeing one guy shoot every shot for ten minutes of a game.

panda

• All American
« Reply #191 on: April 15, 2022, 12:44:18 PM »
I really think the way Joey (and others) were recruited allowed for something like this to happen. For a coach like Wojo with really no history of personal coaching accolades to continue to sign big time players, he needs to make big time promises. Those big time promises can lead to big time egos which caused big time problems that season.

Its DJOver

• All American
« Reply #192 on: April 15, 2022, 12:48:27 PM »
DJO

Did you find my post on stating that Joey was unhappy with Howard in the Buffalo game?

As for my posts in 2018, it was a fun game a fun atmosphere and enjoyed it a lot.

Funny on the Joey post, I was responding and agreeing with 82, the biggest anti Joey guy on scoop. So, I guess that shows opinions can change over time.

You are correct that I did not think fools gold at that moment, probably that game stood out in my mind later when I believed you could not over the long haul with one guy taking all of the shots. I do remember vividly saying to me wife after the Buffalo game that Howard had a historic night and I did not like seeing one guy shoot every shot for ten minutes of a game.

And all of that is fine.  I'm just going to point out the difference between saying something to your wife and saying something on here and being "laughed off".  There's nothing "wrong" with admitting that you were wrong about Wojo and the program in December 2018.  I was, you were, most people here were (including 82 and his continued obsession with Joey).  The fact that you are lying about it is a bit disingenuous.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #193 on: April 15, 2022, 01:01:08 PM »
Elon

Kinda sounds like the problem was Joey who really hasn’t done anything in his college career to justify his thoughts regarding Markus.

Markus OTOH is the programs leading scorer and was a first team AA.

If there are sides to be taken here, it’s pretty obvious which one makes sense.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Goose

• All American
« Reply #194 on: April 15, 2022, 01:02:35 PM »
DJO
What was I lying about? I think I went into that season with low hopes/expectations, celebrated the three game winning streak and got more optimistic and likely soured on the team as Howard continued to shoot it 20+ times a game. I did a quick check and roughly three weeks after the Buffalo game I began questioning the system and its chances for long term success. I did note that Sam looked frustrated, not Joey.

This is 100% factual, I remember backpedaling on the Hauser/Howard thing because a number on here laughed or told me I was flat out wrong, and honestly, the team was doing well and I did not want to be the only dark cloud. Now, if memory serves me, I became the biggest dark cloud as the season progressed.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #195 on: April 15, 2022, 01:04:52 PM »
Fluff

I believe that in December, 2018 the majority of MU fans were very happy Joey was playing at MU and felt he had a high ceiling. Things could have been handled better by everyone much earlier that season.

Its DJOver

• All American
« Reply #196 on: April 15, 2022, 01:07:44 PM »
I did a quick check and roughly three weeks after the Buffalo game

I said on here after the Buffalo game that there was a very serious potential problem between Joey and Howard

Please tell me you see the difference between these two posts.  "After the Buffalo game" implies immediately after the game, not three weeks later.  It's after the Buffalo game now, and I can say with 100% certainty that Wojo couldn't cut it.  Wording it the way you did was intentionally disingenuous, or lying.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #197 on: April 15, 2022, 01:14:21 PM »
DJO

Or maybe it was mistake. Truthfully, I thought I said within days of the Buffalo game and in looking back it was in mid January. I can assure you of one thing, I have zero interest in lying on MU Scoop, or anywhere for that matter. Seriously, I am all for pointing out a mistake, but calling me a liar or disingenuous over a mistake I think is crazy ass stuff.

Its DJOver

• All American
« Reply #198 on: April 15, 2022, 01:25:01 PM »
Finally found the post that I think you're referencing.

Guys

I do not think the Hauser's have any negative feelings towards Howard. My feeling is simple, all guys want the ball. From time to time, the Hauser's get shutdown on the offensive side of the ball, by a teammate, and getting frustrated would be normal, IMO. By not means do I think there is bad chemistry.

I said on here after the Buffalo game that there was a very serious potential problem between Joey and Howard and it was laughed off.

I don't know how to describe this other than disingenuous.  Feel free to disagree, but the posts are there.  I really have no intention or desire to keep digging I just think you were stretching things to the absolute extreme so that you can fit an opinion from late 2018/early 2019 to fit what actually happened so you can have some "I told you so" moment to everyone that "laughed you off".  In my eyes, that's lying.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #199 on: April 15, 2022, 01:41:55 PM »
DJO

Do you read my posts? Do you really think I care about having a "told you so" moment on scoop? I think my batting average on being right vs. wrong is OK, but plenty of missteps over the years. I do apologize for mentioning the Hauser/Howard saga because I stopped caring about that quite some time ago. I will not say when I stopped caring because I do not want to be called a liar if I am off by a month or two, but I have stopped caring about that season.

Now, I do hope I am proven correct with my support of Shaka. I will not quote the exact date I started supporting him, but I think I was an early occupant on the Shaka train. No, I want to retract being an early occupant because maybe I was not as early as I remember and do not want to be disingenuous.

Speaking of disingenuous, the Jan. 16th post was in a reply to my post on Sam being frustrated at the Buffalo game. As I noted in previous post, I backpedaled because I was in the minority in my opinion of Sam/Joey at the Buffalo game and that is what I was responding to in the 1/16 post. Sharing my earlier post might have put things into context.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2022, 01:51:17 PM by Goose »