[Today at 07:27:40 PM]

2024 NCAA Tournament Thread by lawdog77
[Today at 07:14:12 PM]

Maximilian Langenfeld by Tyler COLEk
[Today at 07:03:51 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Uncle Rico
[Today at 05:33:25 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Sam Hauser against Bucks  (Read 23827 times)

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
Re: Sam Hauser against Bucks
« Reply #225 on: April 16, 2022, 09:46:12 AM »
The Hausers left for programs who played team ball in programs where you have to share the rock. They were very clear on that. Wojo played a more pro style offense.

At their next programs, they took a heck of a lot less shots in those systems than with Markus their last MU season together. For Joey, he is playing about half the MSU minutes versus 3/4th at MU. For Sam, it was COVID and the slow tempo but he was just as efficient as he was at MU, no better.

At MU, they weren't expected to play defense but they were at their new schools. The fact is, Wojo still
got them more shots with Markus than in their new team systems. Sam was just as good at UVA as MU. Joey is a capable role player at MSU in a system not matched for his skill set.

What remains is that the coach couldn't contain the stress fracture. And legacies were not fully realized.

lawdog77

• All American
« Reply #226 on: April 16, 2022, 10:00:56 AM »
Late in the Buffalo game it looked like when Sam got the ball he was going to pass it to anyone but Howard.
Who was he going to pass it to? Anim? Sacar was 1-10 in that game, Joey? Still a Freshman who couldn't really create his own shot yet? Or the guy who was on fire and was 9-13 on threes?

If Sam was pissed after the Buffalo game, that says more about Sam than anyone.

Uncle Rico

• All American
« Reply #227 on: April 16, 2022, 10:02:29 AM »
Who was he going to pass it to? Anim? Sacar was 1-10 in that game, Joey? Still a Freshman who couldn't really create his own shot yet? Or the guy who was on fire and was 9-13 on threes?

If Sam was pissed after the Buffalo game, that says more about Sam than anyone.

Sam is a proven program killer.  He’s killed two programs
Ramsey will bring Marquette great glory

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #228 on: April 16, 2022, 10:04:28 AM »

Says the "crean sucks" guy.

I don't pretend to love everything. That's the difference, aina?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

MU82

• All American
« Reply #229 on: April 16, 2022, 10:14:53 AM »

Joey was an OK freshman? I think you may have had different thoughts when he actually was a freshman. If memory serves me, you thought he might end up in the NBA before he graduated from MU.

Like most Scoopers, I was impressed with Joey the first half of the season. Then he went on a milk carton.

Actually that's not true. It was worse than being on milk carton. It would have been better off if he simply had gone missing; his terribly play helped our opponents and, ultimately, was a major part of the collapse. Over the final 13 games, Joey shot .356 overall, .308 from 3, and .700 on FTs, all well down from where he had been. He also killed the team with his turnovers and turnstile defense. He averaged as many FGA down the stretch, too, so it's not like The Evil Markus suddenly was depriving him. And that's only what we knew at the time; we didn't know that he was working behind the scenes to hurt team chemistry.

I did discuss his on-court struggles at the time, but I don't like to bash active Marquette players -- or even former Marquette players who didn't try to undermine the program.

Overall, as a freshman, Joey averaged 9.7 ppg and 5.3 rpg. He shot .447. He averaged 2.4 assists and 2.1 turnovers.

I'd call that an "OK freshman season." What would you call it?

He has continued to regress, even after escaping The Worst Coach Ever. It seems playing for a Hall of Fame coach wasn't the answer, either.

If only Izzo had known that Joey already had peaked in late January 2019.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Goose

• All American
« Reply #230 on: April 16, 2022, 11:38:05 AM »

My point was simple, it is ok to have a change of opinion. I don’t think you misled when you were optimistic and things changed. To this day I have no idea what really happened and do not care all that much. Things turned ugly and a promising season blew up.

That said, I do not hold a grudge against of the people involved. I was not the biggest Markus fan, yet, I hope he breaks the bank in the NBA.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #231 on: April 16, 2022, 12:45:03 PM »

My point was simple, it is ok to have a change of opinion. I don’t think you misled when you were optimistic and things changed. To this day I have no idea what really happened and do not care all that much. Things turned ugly and a promising season blew up.

That said, I do not hold a grudge against of the people involved. I was not the biggest Markus fan, yet, I hope he breaks the bank in the NBA.

OK Goose.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

feedback