collapse

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: What are you watching in 2024?  (Read 91309 times)

MuggsyB

• All American
Re: What are you watching in 2023?
« Reply #1400 on: March 25, 2024, 08:17:30 PM »
I used to live that Ludacris song from the Nissan commercials. Especially when Les Grossman is dancing to it .

Great flick. 

muwarrior69

• All American
« Reply #1401 on: March 25, 2024, 09:37:53 PM »
Very much agree.  Always surprised how there are SO MANY repetitive commercials for March Madness and people get incredibly tired of them. 

What's the advertising theory there?

According to internal surveys they found that the average basketball fan has a short term memory.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #1402 on: March 25, 2024, 11:35:14 PM »
Just sayin, after the last 4 days .. I'll never go to a Buffalo Wild Wings again.

The District Tap in Indy had some of the best wings I've ever had.

Haven't been to a BWW in at least 7-8 years.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #1403 on: March 28, 2024, 08:55:04 AM »
Well, there are many theories about what level of frequency of exposure is needed for a campaign to be effective.  However, it seems they have way overshot that.  Need a few additional executions for it not to be overly repetitive/a waste of $. Most companies fail to produce enough creative as that costs $$$.

Also, we are probably going to be over-exposed as we are very heavy consumers of basketball.  Most people are not going to be seeing it as many times as we are.

I'm also wondering if the amount of people watching on delay and fastforwarding through commercials or switching to another game during commercials means you need even more to make an impression
« Last Edit: March 28, 2024, 08:56:47 AM by TAMU, Knower of Ball »
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

Scoop Snoop

• All American
« Reply #1404 on: March 28, 2024, 10:00:35 AM »
According to internal surveys they found that the average basketball fan has a short term memory.

Maybe for ads, but for what they insist were bad calls by refs? Bball fans can recall those in detail 20 years later. 
Wild horses couldn't drag me into either political party, but for very different reasons.

"All of our answers are unencumbered by the thought process." NPR's Click and Clack of Car Talk.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #1405 on: March 28, 2024, 11:06:19 AM »
I'm also wondering if the amount of people watching on delay and fastforwarding through commercials or switching to another game during commercials means you need even more to make an impression

You see A LOT more cross platform tie-in then you used to.  When I used to be in the media agency in the early 2010s, the TV ads and the digital ad plans were thematically tied, but stand alone in nature.  Now the pre-roll for Youtube or other social media is either the same as the TV ad, or a trimmed version of it, so that its carrying through.  You basically have to cobble together smaller impression pieces to get what you used to get from a live TV ad.

Its crazy, I left that industry in 2013 and the Nielsens and other data providers were just starting to mainstream the id of T+3 viewer ratings for people that would record and watch TV shows within a few days after original airing.  And even then, sports was mostly untouched and a safe haven for live viewing unlike network TV.   And now within a decade, its completely shifted and even the T+3 "TIVO allowance" metrics we used to use are archaic and live sports has similar issues.

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #1406 on: April 02, 2024, 02:02:16 PM »
Watching in 2024 ..

I was on Hulu and the old show, NYPD Blue caught my attention, figured I'd watch S01E01 for old times sake.  Aaaaand, now I'm hooked.

What a great show that was.  Andy Sipowitcz is one of the best TV drama characters ever.

S01 is a little rough, they clearly got a better budget in S02.

I don't know how far I'll go watching the 261 episodes, though.  It was a top 20 TV show for 8 years before it started declining.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #1407 on: April 02, 2024, 02:23:16 PM »
Watching in 2024 ..

I was on Hulu and the old show, NYPD Blue caught my attention, figured I'd watch S01E01 for old times sake.  Aaaaand, now I'm hooked.

What a great show that was.  Andy Sipowitcz is one of the best TV drama characters ever.

S01 is a little rough, they clearly got a better budget in S02.

I don't know how far I'll go watching the 261 episodes, though.  It was a top 20 TV show for 8 years before it started declining.

Loved NYPD Blue, and you're right about Sipowicz. There were a couple seasons that were less-good than others, but for a show that was on as long as it was and made as many episodes as it did, it was a hell of a series.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #1408 on: April 02, 2024, 05:44:21 PM »
Loved NYPD Blue, and you're right about Sipowicz. There were a couple seasons that were less-good than others, but for a show that was on as long as it was and made as many episodes as it did, it was a hell of a series.

A poor man's Cop Rock.

WellsstreetWanderer

• All American
« Reply #1409 on: April 02, 2024, 07:29:08 PM »
Missus and I just finished  "The Gentleman" on Netflix   8 episodes of Guy Ritchie  wackery
We are big fans and this didn't disappoint. prepare to be hooked.

reinko

• All American
« Reply #1410 on: April 03, 2024, 09:36:29 AM »
Did miss the love here for Shogun?  Hot damn, incredible show.

And for 90's kiddos, X-Men 97 on Disney+ is fantastic

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #1411 on: April 03, 2024, 10:13:26 AM »
Missus and I just finished  "The Gentleman" on Netflix   8 episodes of Guy Ritchie  wackery
We are big fans and this didn't disappoint. prepare to be hooked.

Fantastic show.  I'll watch anything Guy Ritchie, his style of filmmaking is just so entertaining.  But just a really entertaining watch. Theo James is on a heater after White Lotus and Ive loved Kaya Scodelario ever since Skins.  Hope there is a second season.

Did miss the love here for Shogun?  Hot damn, incredible show.

Can't say enough about it.  Its just awesome.  English being used as Portuguese is amusing, but they do it well that it fits.  Its also an absolutely visually stunning show

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #1412 on: April 11, 2024, 11:10:55 PM »
On ep 3 of the new Fallout show. No nothing about the games but still really enjoying the show. Its goofy at times which is the intention, love the over the top gore.

And per usual and as expected Goggins steals the show. This dude bats 1.000 when it comes to scene stealing.
Lazar picking up where the BIG 3 left off....

MUBurrow

• All American
« Reply #1413 on: April 12, 2024, 09:43:18 AM »
On ep 3 of the new Fallout show. No nothing about the games but still really enjoying the show. Its goofy at times which is the intention, love the over the top gore.

And per usual and as expected Goggins steals the show. This dude bats 1.000 when it comes to scene stealing.

I'll have to give it a whirl.  Goggins rules.

Just finished S2 of Halo - its a pretty dumb show. And I also hope they make a third season.

MuggsyB

• All American
Re: What are you watching in 2024?
« Reply #1414 on: April 15, 2024, 05:50:46 PM »
What is Abigail upset about?  The preview showed a young lady taking out a bunch of people without being provoked. 

tower912

• All American
« Reply #1415 on: April 15, 2024, 05:57:52 PM »
Seriously?  The premise is that those people unknowingly kidnapped a vampire.  Hilarity ensues.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #1416 on: April 15, 2024, 06:27:04 PM »
What is Abigail upset about?  The preview showed a young lady taking out a bunch of people without being provoked.

Did you not pay attention at all?

To put it simply she was provoked and had much more reason to attack then most of the rabid beasts you defend attacking humans.
Lazar picking up where the BIG 3 left off....

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #1417 on: April 15, 2024, 06:46:49 PM »
Did you not pay attention at all?

To put it simply she was provoked and had much more reason to attack then most of the rabid beasts you defend attacking humans.

If she was provoked I owe her an apology.  I didn't see a smoking gun in the preview.  Clearly she wasn't happy about something. 

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #1418 on: April 16, 2024, 01:34:41 AM »
If she was provoked I owe her an apology.  I didn't see a smoking gun in the preview.  Clearly she wasn't happy about something.

Abigail is a shape shifting manatee..

MU82

• All American
« Reply #1419 on: Today at 10:26:49 AM »
Excited to see that Hacks is coming back Thursday to HBO (or Max or Whatever it's Called TV). One of my favorite series of the last many years.