Big East 2024 Offseason by WeAreMarquette96
[April 17, 2024, 11:14:56 PM]

Academic All Americans by AlumKCof93
[April 17, 2024, 10:44:57 PM]

Maximilian Langenfeld by withoutbias
[April 17, 2024, 10:44:37 PM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by WhiteTrash
[April 17, 2024, 07:24:33 PM]

[Paint Touches] Big East programs ranked by NBA representation by Plaque Lives Matter!
[April 17, 2024, 06:35:36 PM]

2024 NCAA Tournament Thread by WhiteTrash
[April 17, 2024, 05:13:59 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: What are you watching in 2024?  (Read 87531 times)

Jay Bee

• All American
Re: What are you watching in 2022?
« Reply #550 on: September 08, 2022, 08:51:54 AM »
Looking forward to Undercover Underage season 2
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #551 on: September 08, 2022, 09:13:44 AM »
Looking forward to Undercover Underage season 2

No one here doubts that.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #552 on: September 08, 2022, 09:43:15 AM »
My wife and I have started rotating streaming services each month. We watch all that we are interested in one month, then move on to next service and cancel the previous. Saves a bit of coin.

We only always have Amazon because of our prime membership

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #553 on: September 08, 2022, 09:55:14 AM »

I was with a friend and talking up The Boys and discovered he didn't have Amazon Prime. 

I was astounded, how does a human being exist without Amazon Prime?

He was like, "meh, I can wait a few days for shipping."

I didn't know that was possible and now I'm doubting my life's path.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #554 on: September 08, 2022, 10:29:01 AM »
I was with a friend and talking up The Boys and discovered he didn't have Amazon Prime. 

I was astounded, how does a human being exist without Amazon Prime?

I didn't know that was possible and now I'm doubting my life's path.

I've always lived with people with Prime, but I'm not sure I've ever used Prime personally honestly.  I don't really buy anything on Amazon unless I get a gift card for it.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #555 on: September 08, 2022, 10:33:34 AM »
I've always lived with people with Prime, but I'm not sure I've ever used Prime personally honestly.  I don't really buy anything on Amazon unless I get a gift card for it.

Because I live 40 minutes from any retail (with the exception of Piggly Wiggly and Walmart), I am forever grateful for Amazon.  I don't watch a lot of the streaming service.
Have some patience, FFS.

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #556 on: September 08, 2022, 11:04:09 AM »
My wife and I have started rotating streaming services each month. We watch all that we are interested in one month, then move on to next service and cancel the previous. Saves a bit of coin.

I keep a couple - HBO, Netflix, Hulu - and rotate other services as needed.

muwarrior69

• All American
« Reply #557 on: September 08, 2022, 11:20:00 AM »
Because I live 40 minutes from any retail (with the exception of Piggly Wiggly and Walmart), I am forever grateful for Amazon.  I don't watch a lot of the streaming service.

There is a lot of stuff you can't find at a nearby retailer as well. I can't tell you how many times my wife can't find the items for our grand daughter at the store and says I should have just ordered it online. We're kind of old fashion as we like to see and feel the stuff we buy, especially clothes and shoes, but that is getting harder to do and trying to return an item purchased online is not always that easy.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #558 on: September 08, 2022, 12:09:33 PM »
Don't have prime
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #559 on: September 08, 2022, 12:18:27 PM »
Netflix and Disney+ being in a race to add advertisers is only going to diminish the experience. Still waiting to see who figures out how to bundle Paramount, Peacock, and a half-dozen other services together to give us a streaming equivalent of cable. It's coming, just a matter of when.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #560 on: September 08, 2022, 12:23:36 PM »
Chico could tell us.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

StillAWarrior

• All American
« Reply #561 on: September 08, 2022, 12:28:09 PM »
...and trying to return an item purchased online is not always that easy.

Amazon's arrangement with Whole Foods made returns a breeze for me since there's a WF near my office.
Never wrestle with a pig.  You both get dirty, and the pig likes it.

CreightonWarrior

• Starter
« Reply #562 on: September 08, 2022, 12:41:30 PM »

What a sociopath.

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #563 on: September 08, 2022, 12:44:28 PM »
We probably order 250x a year via Prime. For the first two months after moving, 2-3 orders a day wasn’t rare. Often times I shop based on what is free sane day or overnight delivery. Flippin rules. Can’t imagine living life without it, even though I have tons of retail within 1-2.5 mile. Drop it at my door, take a pic, and send me a notification!!!
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #564 on: September 08, 2022, 01:44:22 PM »
The Rehearsal is fantastic.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #565 on: September 08, 2022, 03:27:09 PM »

Amazon's arrangement with Whole Foods made returns a breeze for me since there's a WF near my office.

Same with Kohl's.  And Kohl's will give you a nice coupon along with your return receipt.  Sometimes its $X off anything in the store - with no minimum purchase.  Free money that I usually use before I leave the store.
Have some patience, FFS.

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #566 on: September 08, 2022, 05:27:57 PM »
Same with Kohl's.  And Kohl's will give you a nice coupon along with your return receipt.  Sometimes its $X off anything in the store - with no minimum purchase.  Free money that I usually use before I leave the store.

It's odd though .. I don't do many returns per year, but at least half of them, Amazon does NOT give you the option of returning at Kohl's.   Irksome.

Jables1604

• Team Captain
« Reply #567 on: September 08, 2022, 06:51:15 PM »

MU82

• All American
« Reply #568 on: September 13, 2022, 11:35:20 AM »
I didn't see Squid Game, so I'll ask those who did. Was the star of that series really more deserving of the Emmy than Succession's Jeremy Strong, who IMHO was absolutely phenomenal? For that matter, was he better than Bateman or Odenkirk?

My only other real disappointment was seeing White Lotus win its category over at least 3 far better series: Dopesick, Inventing Anna and The Dropout. (I didn't see Pam & Tommy.) White Lotus was really, really overrated IMHO.

Not that the Emmys really matter in the grand scheme of anything, of course. Just a conversation starter.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #569 on: September 13, 2022, 11:50:50 AM »
I didn't see Squid Game, so I'll ask those who did. Was the star of that series really more deserving of the Emmy than Succession's Jeremy Strong, who IMHO was absolutely phenomenal? For that matter, was he better than Bateman or Odenkirk?

My only other real disappointment was seeing White Lotus win its category over at least 3 far better series: Dopesick, Inventing Anna and The Dropout. (I didn't see Pam & Tommy.) White Lotus was really, really overrated IMHO.

Not that the Emmys really matter in the grand scheme of anything, of course. Just a conversation starter.

Emmy's are always a sham and I think most everyone agrees. I mean the entire best supporting actrees mini series category was White Lotus and Dopsick. THey just hand noms out like candy to a cast.

That Sidney Sweeny girl whose blowing up a bit. Had such a blahhhhhhh role in WL the fact that was nommed is insanity.

Anyways to your actual question, no not a chance in hell should any objective acting evaluation have the Squid game dude over Cox/Strong in succession or Odenkirk in Saul.

Honestly, imo its kinda a joke to even have him nominated along side them
Lazar picking up where the BIG 3 left off....

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #570 on: September 13, 2022, 11:57:23 AM »

Squid Game was such an unexpected sensation that I feel like it was just a way of recognizing that, and making him the first Asian winner in the category.  Not that equal representation is bad, but the Emmys are such joke that it all kind of makes sense that its nonsensical.

My issue with White Lotus is the mangling of that category.  Its really meant for miniseries/limited series like the other nominees were.  Or like Watchmen or Chernobyl have been in the past.  But now they've opened it up to "short season" series.  So even though White Lotus season 2 is coming out next month, its winning against one time format shows.  Its dumb, beyond it being overrated.

StillAWarrior

• All American
« Reply #571 on: September 13, 2022, 12:06:58 PM »

He was good, but nobody deserved it over Jeremy Strong. I'd slot him after Odenkirk but ahead of Bateman.*

I really would have like to see Rhea Seahorn win for supporting actress, but honestly I view Julia Garner's performance in the same light as Jeremy Strong's -- nobody deserved the Emmy over Garner.

*I see Bateman wasn't nominated. Makes sense (to me, at least). In light of the actual nominees, I would put Lee Jung-jae dead last.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2022, 12:17:16 PM by StillAWarrior »
Never wrestle with a pig.  You both get dirty, and the pig likes it.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #572 on: September 13, 2022, 12:12:38 PM »
Good convo. Thanks.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #573 on: September 13, 2022, 02:28:04 PM »
I can't believe I haven't mentioned it yet, but my favorite show currently on TV right now may be Industry on HBOMax.

Season 1 was entertaining, but I think a portion of that was just a factor of my Anglophile/London loving personality enjoying another slickly shot show in London, combined with my interest in financial markets.  Add a sprinkle of debauchery and substance abuse and a phenomenal soundtrack, and it was a fun little watch.

Well Season 2 stripped away a lot of the surface fun and became an absolutely new animal in terms of writing, emotion, and much heavier subject matter.  Jay Duplass' character is fantastically written and compelling and I find myself eagerly anticipating each week's episode like I did with Succession.  I don't think its as good as Succession, but its marvelous.  There are some excellent performances by otherwise unknown young British actors/actresses.

Billy Hoyle

• All American
  • Retire #34
« Reply #574 on: September 13, 2022, 03:21:44 PM »
I've been watching Bad Sister, an Irish dark comedy. Very enjoyable. Unfortunately, it's one of one of those shows where episodes comes out weekly.

I'm through the first five episodes of Cobra Kai too. This season is getting positive reviews.
“You either smoke or you get smoked. And you got smoked.”

feedback