[Today at 07:54:34 PM]

Where is Marquette? by MU Fan in Connecticut
[Today at 07:52:45 PM]

Dallas bars tonite by MarquetteVol
[Today at 07:30:33 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by Goose
[Today at 07:05:04 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: The War in Ukraine  (Read 47247 times)

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
Re: The War in Ukraine
« Reply #800 on: December 09, 2022, 11:26:50 AM »
To be fair he has a point. A large contingent decided to go "here no evil see no evil speak no evil" when that happened and that same contingent to this day will say things like "are you sultan's 1 friend in the world" rather than acknowledging just how much of an ass hole move that was.

Huh?

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #801 on: December 09, 2022, 11:30:17 AM »
Huh?

How hard is it to just acknowledge Keege did an ass hole thing instead of deflecting whenever it comes up?

I'm not specifically talking about you but whenever I've seen it brought up people seem to have an issue saying "that that was messed up" and instead deflect and attack the poster who brought it up like you just did.
Maigh Eo for Sam

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #802 on: December 09, 2022, 11:32:46 AM »
How hard is it to just acknowledge Keege did an ass hole thing instead of deflecting whenever it comes up?

I'm not specifically talking about you but whenever I've seen it brought up people seem to have an issue saying "that that was messed up" and instead deflect and attack the poster who brought it up like you just did.

What does this have to do with bias and sultan's budding romance?  Is wades sultan's kid or something?

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #803 on: December 09, 2022, 11:37:12 AM »
What does this have to do with bias and sultan's budding romance?  Is wades sultan's kid or something?

Bias responded referencing
Oh.  Okay then!  So the guy with 11K posts making fun of the guy with 8K posts is okay, then!

Did Sultan's HR department get any emails from the Meat Eaters of Scoop?  Where is the Crash man anyway?  He's been MIA since he got outed as someone who runs to the HR department anytime someone says something he doesn't like!  Talk about cowards...

Rocket responded.

Hmm.  So the meateaters claim that they don't believe Crash would do such a thing as email HR departments trying to dox Scoop posters, yet the meateaters know which posters' HR departments were contacted?  Interesting...

You responded

Are you sultan's 1 friend in the world?  That's so cute.

I don't get why Bias brought it up in the first place. But both you and rocket chose to deflect an objectively ass hole move rather than simple acknowledgment and attack from some other angle. It boggles my mind that so many on here are so dug in on siding for certain posters that you'd rather ignore and deflect than acknowledge and pivot.
Maigh Eo for Sam

withoutbias

• All American
« Reply #804 on: December 09, 2022, 11:54:14 AM »
Bias responded referencing
Rocket responded.

You responded

I don't get why Bias brought it up in the first place. But both you and rocket chose to deflect an objectively ass hole move rather than simple acknowledgment and attack from some other angle. It boggles my mind that so many on here are so dug in on siding for certain posters that you'd rather ignore and deflect than acknowledge and pivot.

Brought it up because apparently the MeatEaters are keeping tabs on who's still gainfully employed, who's retired, and how much time each person is spending on Scoop and using those things as reasons why one person can make fun of another person spending time on Scoop.  That's what Crash boi emailed HR departments about, spending too much time on MUScoop during work hours.  So I was wondering if anybody had notified Sultan's HR department, given they apparently have an issue with Sultan's time spent on Scoop.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #805 on: December 09, 2022, 11:55:44 AM »
My only issue with the jokes about Bout vs American gun culture is the NRA infatuated gun lover isn't stockpiling and delivering anti aircraft missiles that get launched at Israeli airliners or other rocket launchers to murder minded separatist groups.  Ironically, the same weapons that can easily be used to attack any "the US citizen needs high caliber weapons to defend themselves against the government" argument for AR-15s and the like.

I was actually EXTREMELY disappointed by the prisoner exchange video, it cut off before we could see what brand/color tracksuit the Kremlin sent for Bout to change into.

The jokes weren't about Bout vs American gun culture. The jokes were about dopey people who think American street gangs and Mexican cartels get their weapons from people like Victor Bout.
They get their weapons from America. So much so that the Mexican government sued U.S. gun makers for arming the cartels.

pbiflyer

• All American
« Reply #806 on: December 09, 2022, 12:06:20 PM »
In before the lock

I am beginning to think a wellness check to the mods' houses mansions is in order.

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #807 on: December 09, 2022, 12:12:20 PM »
I am beginning to think a wellness check to the mods' houses mansions is in order.

They’re out celebrating grindrs freedom
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #808 on: December 09, 2022, 12:57:25 PM »

Well there is quite a difference between "Russia bullied the US into making this deal" and "Russia and the US made an unequal trade." The US wasn't forced to make a trade. There wasn't some sort of overwhelming political or public support for doing this.

What I will admit to is not knowing all of the facts, so I don't really have much of an opinion either way. Unlike some people here, I don't create narratives to fit my political feelings.  What I do know is that the guy she was traded for, while undoubtedly an evil man, was in custody since 2008 and only going to be imprisoned for another decade or so. The judge in the case was so skeptical of his initial conviction that she gave him the absolute minimum sentence allowed in the case.

Is that worth it? I don't know...maybe?  Is there something else going on behind the scenes? Could be. I do think the whole hand-wringing over him being an international arms dealer and calling him the "Merchant of Death" is insanely ironic however.  I guess we only worry about guns that might kill Americans when they are trafficked by Russians and not the trade shows down the street.

You're picking nits, man.  The Griner story was headline news for months, and the admin thought that getting her home would play well.  That's why they bargained for her.  Period. 

The rest of your post is just unnecessary whataboutism.  Court in the US is about what you can PROVE.  Bout was a known arms trafficker and was exceptionally good at covering his tracks.  The man sold weapons to warlords in Africa that armed children.  He facilitated sales of SAMs that tried to shoot down an airliner.  He sold weapons to al-Qaeda.  He was a total scumbag.  Griner was let go by Russia and in return they got a king's ransom and made the US look incredibly stupid in the process.

Bringing up gun sales in the US is irrelevant.  Regardless, you are probably familiar with my stance on firearms.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #809 on: December 09, 2022, 01:01:08 PM »
CNN reporting whelan would only be swapped if we traded a Russian spy in prison for murder
Maigh Eo for Sam

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
  • "Private message me coward" - panda
« Reply #810 on: December 09, 2022, 01:12:44 PM »
You're picking nits, man.  The Griner story was headline news for months, and the admin thought that getting her home would play well.  That's why they bargained for her.  Period. 

So...not bullied.  Thanks.

The rest of your post is just unnecessary whataboutism.  Court in the US is about what you can PROVE.  Bout was a known arms trafficker and was exceptionally good at covering his tracks.  The man sold weapons to warlords in Africa that armed children.  He facilitated sales of SAMs that tried to shoot down an airliner.  He sold weapons to al-Qaeda.  He was a total scumbag.  Griner was let go by Russia and in return they got a king's ransom and made the US look incredibly stupid in the process.

This isn't whataboutism.

Bringing up gun sales in the US is irrelevant.  Regardless, you are probably familiar with my stance on firearms.

I am not, nor do I particularly care.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #811 on: December 09, 2022, 01:15:59 PM »
They’re out celebrating grindrs freedom

Is this how she's being referred to by certain segments? Is it supposed to be funny? Insulting?

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #812 on: December 09, 2022, 01:53:04 PM »
So...not bullied.  Thanks.

This isn't whataboutism.

I am not, nor do I particularly care.

Yes, bullied.  The US wanted her back, and Russia bullied the US into giving up a lot to get her.

You tried to bring up guns in the US to deflect from my argument.  So yes, that is called whataboutism. 

You did, and you seem to remember everything else that everyone has ever said on the board except this.  Sooooo I don't believe you.

Stop being a silly billy.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #813 on: December 09, 2022, 02:02:01 PM »
Rather have the marine back. Who the hell is Grinder anyways and what the hell has it contributed to society, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #814 on: December 09, 2022, 02:08:01 PM »
Rather have the marine back. Who the hell is Grinder anyways and what the hell has it contributed to society, hey?

You mean the marine that was court martial-ed and BCDed? 

Also, don't you only like war heroes that don't get captured?

lawdog77

• All American
« Reply #815 on: December 09, 2022, 02:11:42 PM »
State Department needs to get off their collective asses about Marc Fogel.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #816 on: December 09, 2022, 02:14:14 PM »
You mean the marine that was court martial-ed and BCDed? 

Also, don't you only like war heroes that don't get captured?

Your hero sold out the country for traitor Beau Bergdahl.

Maybe we as a country shouldn't leave any US citizen behind.  Too late for the current administration though.

withoutbias

• All American
« Reply #817 on: December 09, 2022, 02:21:25 PM »
I see this board has more than one Grindr user.  At least you're not alone, Lenny!  I wonder if any Scoopers have met in real life through the app without knowing it.  Not surprised to see who those posters are.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #818 on: December 09, 2022, 02:24:36 PM »
I see this board has more than one Grindr user.  At least you're not alone, Lenny!  I wonder if any Scoopers have met in real life through the app without knowing it.  Not surprised to see who those posters are.

You are giving nads and TAMU a run for their money as least funny poster.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #819 on: December 09, 2022, 02:28:54 PM »
. Who the hell is Grinder anyways and what the hell has it contributed to society, hey?

That is why we thought sending you to Russia would have been a fair trade.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

withoutbias

• All American
« Reply #820 on: December 09, 2022, 02:31:09 PM »
You are giving nads and TAMU a run for their money as least funny poster.

Because calling Brittney Griner "Grindr" is HYSTERICAL!

Nobody is surprised who is doing it, either.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #821 on: December 09, 2022, 02:47:26 PM »
Your hero sold out the country for traitor Beau Bergdahl.

Maybe we as a country shouldn't leave any US citizen behind.  Too late for the current administration though.

Obama is my hero?  That's news to me.

Too late for every administration.

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
  • "Private message me coward" - panda
« Reply #822 on: December 09, 2022, 03:26:30 PM »
Yes, bullied.  The US wanted her back, and Russia bullied the US into giving up a lot to get her.

Again, that's not what "bullied" means. You just can't make up words to fit a narrative.

You tried to bring up guns in the US to deflect from my argument.  So yes, that is called whataboutism. 

Then you quoted the wrong paragraph.

You did, and you seem to remember everything else that everyone has ever said on the board except this.  Sooooo I don't believe you.

Oh no. Whatever will I do.

You don't like the deal. That's fine. As I said, I have no idea about it yet. But just be honest...you used a word that doesn't make sense and you are sticking too it instead of admitting error.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #823 on: December 09, 2022, 03:32:15 PM »
Again, that's not what "bullied" means. You just can't make up words to fit a narrative.

Then you quoted the wrong paragraph.

Oh no. Whatever will I do.

You don't like the deal. That's fine. As I said, I have no idea about it yet. But just be honest...you used a word that doesn't make sense and you are sticking too it instead of admitting error.

Wrong 3x, Sultan of Semantics. 

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #824 on: December 09, 2022, 04:15:49 PM »
Ah yes.  The guy with 11K+ posts making fun of someone else for how much time they spend on MUScoop.  Lol.

How much more time do you spend on Grindr than you do on Scoop?

What are you, new? All of my posts are under Lennys Tap. Sultan changes his nom de guerre as often as you change your underwear. He has tens of thousands more posts than me or anyone else.

I know nothing about Grindr. You seem to be quite versed. I’ll leave it at that.