[Today at 04:38:12 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Uncle Rico
[Today at 04:09:20 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by tower912
[Today at 02:42:24 PM]

Best case scenarios by Hards Alumni
[Today at 01:41:30 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Wisconsin  (Read 28022 times)

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
Re: Wisconsin
« Reply #50 on: March 21, 2022, 10:03:58 AM »
Did he sing Varsity last night?

Through the tears.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #51 on: March 21, 2022, 10:04:08 AM »
There's that, and they don't view MU as "Wisconsin" enough to support as a local team. Too many rich kids from Illinois, I've heard.

As opposed to the hoards of rich kids from the East Coast at UW  ::)

The Lens

• All American
« Reply #52 on: March 21, 2022, 10:07:11 AM »
There's that, and they don't view MU as "Wisconsin" enough to support as a local team. Too many rich kids from Illinois, I've heard.

It's our F'd up German / Protestant / Lutheran culture.  Investment in "private" education seems foolhardy to them.  But damn if they don't mind refinancing to trick out their basement or buy a boat. 

You tell a Chicago person of any stripe you're going to MU and they say:  that's cool your parents must be really sacrificing to get you a great education.  You tell the same to a Wisconsinite and they call you rich...while they wax poetic about their place in Waupaca and their ski-doos.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2022, 10:13:35 AM by The Lens »
The Teal Train has left the station and Lens is day drinking in the bar car.    ---- Dr. Blackheart

History is so valuable if you have the humility to learn from it.    ---- Shaka Smart

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #53 on: March 21, 2022, 10:17:46 AM »
I don’t particularly care what Badger fans think about Marquette at the moment.  I do enjoy Milwaukee’s own, coaching Iowa State past them in a Milwaukee facility in front of a lot of Cardinal and White.

I’d liken it to the feeling I get when Cubs fans leave AmFam after a loss.  Thanks for your patronage and money.  Drive home safely
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #54 on: March 21, 2022, 10:19:52 AM »
Rico

The Badgers losing in MKE was the best part. I am a TJ fan and that added to the mix.

The Lens

• All American
« Reply #55 on: March 21, 2022, 10:23:46 AM »
The Badgers are 1-3 at the Fiserv.  Uncool of the selection committe to put them in a building where they always struggle. 
The Teal Train has left the station and Lens is day drinking in the bar car.    ---- Dr. Blackheart

History is so valuable if you have the humility to learn from it.    ---- Shaka Smart

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #56 on: March 21, 2022, 10:27:01 AM »
Good to see them lose, but we were smacked down by a landsie.
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.

BrewCity83

• All American
« Reply #57 on: March 21, 2022, 10:32:07 AM »
I love this thread. 

I enjoyed watching madison lose that rock fight.

I chuckled seeing that sour look on Johnny Davis's sour mug every time they showed him.  He always looks like he's about to burst into tears. That kid clearly does not enjoy playing the game. 

And I especially reveled in the tears flowing down the 27-year-old 8th-year senior Nutpuncher's face after the buzzer.  Go away already you clown.  You've long overstayed your welcome.

That team already struggles to score.  Imagine them next year without Sourpuss Davis.

;D
The shaka sign, sometimes known as "hang loose", is a gesture of friendly intent often associated with Hawaii and surf culture.

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #58 on: March 21, 2022, 10:35:57 AM »
I was cheering openly for Colgate. Went to session one, Sold my tickets for session two at a nice profit.
I was ok with the first win, which secured my ability to sell session three for an equally nice profit. Then they lost.
Great weekend!
Make $ off Badger fan and they lose?
Sign me up!

Viper

• All American
« Reply #59 on: March 21, 2022, 10:54:46 AM »
Just poke your head over to Buckyville sometime, they hate us.

Wisconsin football fans and Wisconsin alums who don't follow sports don't hate us.  But Wisconsin bball fans certainly do
100%. I have some UW ‘friends’. They hate Marquette. Which I love! Sometimes a little hate is…good!

MUDPT

• All American
« Reply #60 on: March 21, 2022, 11:24:20 AM »
There was lots of dog whistling during the Buzz years, led by the WSJ staff. It seems they’ve lost most of their high school sports coverage now, so they can’t leak athletes grades from the UW coaches anymore.

BrewCity83

• All American
« Reply #61 on: March 21, 2022, 11:25:14 AM »
Wisconsin had a worse postseason than MU did.

Top seed in the Big14Ten Tourney and they're upset in the 1st round.

3 seed in the NCAAs and they squeak past 14 seed Patriot League Colgate before being sent home by an 11 seed in front of their home crowd.

A fart in the wind, one might say.
The shaka sign, sometimes known as "hang loose", is a gesture of friendly intent often associated with Hawaii and surf culture.

WhiteTrash

• All American
« Reply #62 on: March 21, 2022, 11:36:19 AM »
As opposed to the hoards of rich kids from the East Coast at UW  ::)
Thank god the NE has Harvard, Yale and Princeton as 'safe' schools for those kids that get rejected by Wisconsin.

buckchuckler

• All American
« Reply #63 on: March 21, 2022, 11:36:39 AM »
Wisconsin had a worse postseason than MU did.

Top seed in the Big14Ten Tourney and they're upset in the 1st round.

3 seed in the NCAAs and they squeak past 14 seed Patriot League Colgate before being sent home by an 11 seed in front of their home crowd.

A fart in the wind, one might say.

Is a fart in the wind worse than a crap down one's pants?

BrewCity83

• All American
« Reply #64 on: March 21, 2022, 11:41:22 AM »
Is a fart in the wind worse than a crap down one's pants?

It's an easier cleanup, and also more easily forgotten.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #65 on: March 21, 2022, 11:42:41 AM »
There was lots of dog whistling during the Buzz years, led by the WSJ staff. It seems they’ve lost most of their high school sports coverage now, so they can’t leak athletes grades from the UW coaches anymore.

The old Tom Oates special. 

mubb3434

• Team Captain
« Reply #66 on: March 21, 2022, 11:54:33 AM »
Thought of the day....

MU fans (and/or MU) should come together and put a billboard up on I-94 coming into Milwaukee suburbs saying "Milwaukee, Home of the Golden Eagles", or "You are in Marquette Country".

When I went to the 2013 NCAA tournament in Kentucky, Louisville had a massive one that said "You are in Cards Country" along the stretch that connects Louisville and Lexington. Thought that was pretty cool.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #67 on: March 21, 2022, 11:58:58 AM »
It's our F'd up German / Protestant / Lutheran culture.  Investment in "private" education seems foolhardy to them.  But damn if they don't mind refinancing to trick out their basement or buy a boat. 

You tell a Chicago person of any stripe you're going to MU and they say:  that's cool your parents must be really sacrificing to get you a great education.  You tell the same to a Wisconsinite and they call you rich...while they wax poetic about their place in Waupaca and their ski-doos.

And name them the Panty Dropper.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #68 on: March 21, 2022, 12:01:55 PM »
last time MU lost an NCAA tournament game by less than 20 was 2013. Maybe consider we should not throw so many stones from our glass house.

Thoroughly enjoyed watching Madison lose a home game to an 11 seed coached by a Milwaukee guy. It was especially enjoyable watching Floppy McNutpuncher cry after his Foul-And-Whine-Athon failed.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #69 on: March 21, 2022, 12:34:35 PM »
I decided to read a few Buckyville threads and haven't done so for a long time.  You want to know why people really despise this fanbase and program?  Peruse some of the total nonsense and drivel from clearly delusional people.  "95% of the time Brad Davison doesn't get a call."  I know I and many Scoopers have MU bias  but we're not living in la-la-land and conjuring things out of thin air.

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #70 on: March 21, 2022, 12:42:08 PM »
I know I and many Scoopers have MU bias  but we're not living in la-la-land and conjuring things out of thin air.
Maybe not conjuring things out of thin air……but lala land was achieved by those on here who said they felt good about this team before March madness and felt good about a win in the tourney.

withoutbias

• All American
« Reply #71 on: March 21, 2022, 12:42:33 PM »
The video of Brad Davison waiting out on the court an extra 15 seconds looking around and then like starting to waive to the crowd only to realize nobody's giving him the ovation he's so desperately looking for is hilarious.  He twice tries to waive and gets very little response, so finally he moves on.

Then the attempt to get some sort of tears out while walking down the hallway.  That guy just wants the "win or lose" line in One Shining Moment for himself so bad.

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #72 on: March 21, 2022, 12:47:42 PM »
Maybe not conjuring things out of thin air……but lala land was achieved by those on here who said they felt good about this team before March madness and felt good about a win in the tourney.

I don't recall many here not having serious worries about our team after the BET loss.  You try to be optimistic of course but that's different than being delusional.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #73 on: March 21, 2022, 12:50:51 PM »
I'll admit to being optimistic about beating UNC. Turns out I was overly optimistic. Oh well ... I can live with that.

Looking forward to Shaka leading us to a better 2022-23 season, one that will include Floppy's former team getting stomped in Fiserv again!
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

BrewCity83

• All American
« Reply #74 on: March 21, 2022, 01:03:13 PM »
I decided to read a few Buckyville threads and haven't done so for a long time.  You want to know why people really despise this fanbase and program?  Peruse some of the total nonsense and drivel from clearly delusional people.  "95% of the time Brad Davison doesn't get a call."  I know I and many Scoopers have MU bias  but we're not living in la-la-land and conjuring things out of thin air.

Davison grabs, shoves, hooks, pushes, stiffarms, flops, runs over, or crashes into someone on every single play.  After watching that clown disgrace the game for almost a decade, I still cannot figure out how the refs let him stay in any game past halftime.  He gets away with more crap than anyone I've ever seen.  Including LeBron.