[Today at 07:37:34 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by willie warrior
[Today at 05:36:43 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Herman Cain
[Today at 05:04:53 PM]

NIL Future by MU82
[Today at 03:21:43 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Wisconsin  (Read 27993 times)

#UnleashSean

• All American
Wisconsin
« on: March 20, 2022, 08:06:36 PM »
 ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

MU82

• All American
Re: Wisconsin
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2022, 08:40:37 PM »
Choked against a horrible Nebraska team, failing to win an outright Big Ten title.

Barely survived against a 14 seed.

Lost what effectively was a home game to the 11 seed.

March Fade!

That after a double-digit loss to Baylor in R2 last year ... which was after getting crushed by Oregon in R1 in 2019 ... which was after failing to make the tournament in 2018.

They have become an immaterial college basketball program under Greg Gard.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2022, 09:14:05 PM »
Choked against a horrible Nebraska team, failing to win an outright Big Ten title.

March Fade!

That after a double-digit loss to Baylor in R2 last year ... which was after getting crushed by Oregon in R1 in 2019 ... which was after failing to make the tournament in 2018.

Excellent points!  And do not forget the refs tried as hard as they could to hand them this game.  :)

CountryRoads

• All American
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2022, 09:18:04 PM »
Hepburn, Wahl, and Crowl are decent pieces but the rest of their roster are just a bunch of stiffs. They will need to hit the portal.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2022, 09:18:35 PM »
Just realized I forgot Madison’s loss to MSU in the B14 tournament.

So Madison’s March Fade included a 1-3 finish, with the one win being the narrow decision over a Patriot League team.

warriors141

• All American
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2022, 09:19:47 PM »

March Fade!

yea, happy they lost but do we really have any right to be talking smack. I would take their last couple seasons over ours in a heartbeat

WhiteTrash

• All American
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2022, 09:21:38 PM »
yea, happy they lost but do we really have any right to be talking smack. I would take their last couple seasons over ours in a heartbeat
Lighten up. It's a MU fan board.

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2022, 09:22:18 PM »
Whisky's 3pt shooting was the definition of futility:

For

:)

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2022, 09:23:36 PM »

We are entitled to enjoy their pathetic performance.  :)

Juan Anderson's Mixtape

• All American
« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2022, 09:25:51 PM »
Hepburn, Wahl, and Crowl are decent pieces but the rest of their roster are just a bunch of stiffs. They will need to hit the portal.

Ben Carlson has had injury issues and has failed to live up to his recruiting rank.

A couple freshman redshirted, but who knows how good they'll be.

They definitely need to hit the portal but need to do better than Jachobi Neath.  Wow, was he bad this season.

PS- I will be interested to see what happens to Jordan Davis after Johnny turns pro.

Ellenson Guerrero

• All American
« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2022, 09:28:25 PM »

We have no right to talk smack to anyone, but we can take pleasure in others joining in our pain.
"What we take for-granted, others pray for..." - Brent Williams 3/30/14

Silent Verbal

• All American
« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2022, 09:33:00 PM »
PS- I will be interested to see what happens to Jordan Davis after Johnny turns pro.

As Mrs. Ellenson once said, “Smoke and mirrors.”

MU82

• All American
« Reply #12 on: March 20, 2022, 09:35:20 PM »

It's schadenfreude, and it's fun.

Davison went 2-3 against Marquette, and was as a major choker in two of the losses. So that's fun to know, too.

It was great seeing him whine and complain and beg and plead with the refs even though he was mugging people out there. His last airball was a delight.

I didn't think anybody could top the Kelly Tripuckas and David Rivers of my ND-hating past, but Floppy McNutpuncher might be my least favorite college basketball player ever ... and he won a grand total of 2 more NCAA games than you and I did.

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #13 on: March 20, 2022, 09:51:38 PM »
It's schadenfreude, and it's fun.

Davison went 2-3 against Marquette, and was as a major choker in two of the losses. So that's fun to know, too.

It was great seeing him whine and complain and beg and plead with the refs even though he was mugging people out there. His last airball was a delight.

I didn't think anybody could top the Kelly Tripuckas and David Rivers of my ND-hating past, but Floppy McNutpuncher might be my least favorite college basketball player ever ... and he won a grand total of 2 more NCAA games than you and I did.

His bitching about his 4th foul call was an all-timer.  Pulls the guy down while falling on his ass and then  complains like a 4yr old.  The sad thing is he was a pretty damn good player but his antics are a total embarrassment to the sport. 

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #14 on: March 20, 2022, 09:59:52 PM »
Ben Carlson has had injury issues and has failed to live up to his recruiting rank.

A couple freshman redshirted, but who knows how good they'll be.

They definitely need to hit the portal but need to do better than Jachobi Neath.  Wow, was he bad this season.

Does he get the wojo treatment like Wally?

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #15 on: March 20, 2022, 10:14:04 PM »
His bitching about his 4th foul call was an all-timer.  Pulls the guy down while falling on his ass and then  complains like a 4yr old.  The sad thing is he was a pretty damn good player but his antics are a total embarrassment to the sport.
I could read the Twitter reaction to McNutpuncher all night long
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #16 on: March 20, 2022, 10:27:03 PM »

Was he though? What’s one thing he did “great” other than play dirty and flop? He became a decent 3P shooter this year, but otherwise he was volume shooter who wasn’t exactly efficient and didnt really fill up the stat sheet otherwise.

It’s not just being a hater, I just don’t think he’s in the top 10 or 15 Badgers who played under Gard

Silent Verbal

• All American
« Reply #17 on: March 20, 2022, 10:27:50 PM »
Does he get the wojo treatment like Wally?

One of the few things I’ll give Wojo credit for is cutting Wally shortly after Henry went pro.  The Ellensons thought they could use Marquette and play Wojo for a sucker, and he wasn’t having it.

It’ll be mildly interesting to see if Jordan Davis is allowed to remain on scholarship after Johnny leaves.  He clearly isn’t a high major player.  My guess is the Badgers will just eat it and let him stick around. 

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #18 on: March 20, 2022, 10:35:15 PM »
Was he though? What’s one thing he did “great” other than play dirty and flop? He became a decent 3P shooter this year, but otherwise he was volume shooter who wasn’t exactly efficient and didnt really fill up the stat sheet otherwise.

It’s not just being a hater, I just don’t think he’s in the top 10 or 15 Badgers who played under Gard

I dunno if he was top 15 under Gard but he rarely made mistakes, hit some big shots, and displayed leadership qualities.  You have to be pretty good if you start for a decade in the B14.  He got away with a lot of garbage but the refs allowed his bcrap. 

Viper

• All American
« Reply #19 on: March 20, 2022, 10:38:52 PM »

March Fade!

I love it. But compared to MU? Not saying I’d take their end results…but I’m on desperate island.

AlumKCof93

• All American
« Reply #20 on: March 20, 2022, 10:52:39 PM »
I despised Floppy as much as everyone else, even more so.  I hate to give him credit as I never thought he was all that good but he did play his ass off.  I’ll give him that much.

That said, I’m glad his career ended in this game.  His awfulness was on full display.  He played the refs as much as the other team.  So much of it was a con as created contact and bitched to the refs.  I’m shocked neither the refs or those calling the game didn’t call out his bs.  He was bad for the game
"Yes, Dinnertime!  The perfect break between work and drunk" - Homer J. Simpson

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #21 on: March 20, 2022, 10:55:17 PM »
I was alerted that Gard and the Whisky players at the postgame press conf did not congratulate Iowa St. on their victory. I was also told that Pdouchetrykus was fighting back tears when he asked Gard a question.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #22 on: March 20, 2022, 10:59:28 PM »

Raised the roof.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Shark

• All American
« Reply #23 on: March 20, 2022, 11:04:52 PM »
Whoever drafts Davis in the 1st round is going to be in for a surprise. That guys shot is gross

jfp61

• All American
« Reply #24 on: March 20, 2022, 11:51:27 PM »
Whoever drafts Davis in the 1st round is going to be in for a surprise. That guys shot is gross

Live… jaden Ivey looks like a bigger and less flamboyant rose. Davis looks like a more athletic Jared Rowden.