[Today at 11:26:20 AM]

NC State by MUMountin
[Today at 11:25:44 AM]

2024 NCAA Tournament Thread by Uncle Rico
[Today at 11:15:58 AM]

Kam Jones 1st Round Mock - The Ringer by PGsHeroes32
[Today at 10:50:38 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: 2022-2023 NFL Season  (Read 121142 times)

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
Re: 2022-2023 NFL Season
« Reply #275 on: March 23, 2022, 11:37:17 AM »
Tyreke to Dolphins for 5 draft picks
1, 2 and 3 round this year
4 and 6 in 2023
« Last Edit: March 23, 2022, 11:40:47 AM by Herman Cain »
Winning is overrated. The only time it is really important is in surgery and war.
                       ---Al McGuire

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #276 on: March 23, 2022, 11:50:44 AM »
4 and 6 in 2023

Either the Packers or Dolphins got fleeced.

DegenerateDish

• All American
« Reply #277 on: March 23, 2022, 11:53:47 AM »

My thought immediately was the Packers really misread things with Adams on all accounts. KC got way more for Hill.

BrewCity83

• All American
« Reply #278 on: March 23, 2022, 12:12:08 PM »
Well, at least Adams was the top paid receiver for a few days.  Is he going to go demand a raise now?   
The shaka sign, sometimes known as "hang loose", is a gesture of friendly intent often associated with Hawaii and surf culture.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #279 on: March 23, 2022, 12:48:25 PM »
4 and 6 in 2023

JESUS WHAT THE HELL

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #280 on: March 23, 2022, 01:03:04 PM »
My thought immediately was the Packers really misread things with Adams on all accounts. KC got way more for Hill.

Aren’t the situations pretty different? Adams wasn’t under contract and wanted to go to the Raiders. Hill was still under contract and had two teams bidding for him.

Plus the first rounder the Packers got is 7 spots higher. Also, I think you are limited on the return for trading a guy that you tag.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #281 on: March 23, 2022, 01:11:16 PM »
Aren’t the situations pretty different? Adams wasn’t under contract and wanted to go to the Raiders. Hill was still under contract and had two teams bidding for him.

Plus the first rounder the Packers got is 7 spots higher. Also, I think you are limited on the return for trading a guy that you tag.

The first rounder is 7 spots higher, but the second is three spots higher, then you're throwing in a third, fourth and sixth.
Per the draft value chart, the Dolphins gave up more draft capital just in the 2022 draft than the Raiders, not counting next year's picks.

As for the tag, that should have led to a better return (minimum two firsts) than what the Packers accepted.

DegenerateDish

• All American
« Reply #282 on: March 23, 2022, 01:59:46 PM »
To me, no move this offseason was more fascinating than this Tyreke trade. I can understand why KC did it, but I would have waited until next off season (even if it meant I got a little less in return). I don't know if this will make sense, but as good a player as Hill is, to me he's 1.5x better because he's on KC and playing with Mahomes. The Chiefs offense isn't perfect, but with Hill & Kelce on the field at the same time, it's such a difficult time to game plan against them.

The Chiefs got a haul, and would have had a very difficult decision next year on what to do with Hill (I'd have franchised him for one year). I don't think Hill will be as durable as say Adams long term, and once Hill starts to slow down, that'll be the beginning of the end.

If I'm in the AFC West, I'm ecstatic right now. The Chiefs could draft a very good WR in the first round, but that rookie probably won't fit like Hill did (at least immediately) in that offense.

I'm really curious if the Packers had conversations with the Jets/Dolphins on Adams. Really curious.

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #283 on: March 23, 2022, 02:13:45 PM »

According to the NFL Draft value chart, GB & Miami got virtually the same value back for Adams and Hill.

So, unless one thinks there is a huge difference between these guys value to their teams (and that value depends a lot on the cast of players around them), the trades really did not favor either teams.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #284 on: March 23, 2022, 03:53:54 PM »
It will be interesting to see how effective davante will be with a quarterback with less ability than Rodgers throwing to him.  Remember when Jenkins left the pack for the Vikings?  His numbers (except for his contract $$’s)never came close to those he generated under favre
don't...don't don't don't don't

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #285 on: March 23, 2022, 04:01:41 PM »
It will be interesting to see how effective davante will be with a quarterback with less ability than Rodgers throwing to him.  Remember when Jenkins left the pack for the Vikings?  His numbers (except for his contract $$’s)never came close to those he generated under favre

Who?

I'm guessing you mean Greg Jennings?  Who played his first 2 years with Favre, but spent much more time (and was more productive) with Rodgers.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Uncle Rico

• All American
« Reply #286 on: March 23, 2022, 04:13:59 PM »

Adams wants a Super Bowl.  He wasn’t getting that with Rodgers as his QB
“This is bar none atrocious.  Mitchell cannot shoot either.  What a pile of dung”

BrewCity83

• All American
« Reply #287 on: March 23, 2022, 04:19:58 PM »
Adams wants a Super Bowl.  He wasn’t getting that with Rodgers as his QB

If Adams wants a Super Bowl, Derek Carr is sure as hell not gonna take him there if Rodgers couldn't.

Yeah, I know it was a troll job, but I bit anyway.
The shaka sign, sometimes known as "hang loose", is a gesture of friendly intent often associated with Hawaii and surf culture.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #288 on: March 23, 2022, 04:23:50 PM »
If Adams wants a Super Bowl, Derek Carr is sure as hell not gonna take him there if Rodgers couldn't.

Yeah, I know it was a troll job, but I bit anyway.

If Matthew Stafford, Nick Foles and Joe Flacco can win a Super Bowl, Derek Carr can win a Super Bowl. The guy dragged a team to the playoffs throwing the ball to Zay Jones, Hunter Renfrow and Foster Moreau.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #289 on: March 23, 2022, 04:50:18 PM »
Who?

I'm guessing you mean Greg Jennings?  Who played his first 2 years with Favre, but spent much more time (and was more productive) with Rodgers.

If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

GB Warrior

• All American
« Reply #290 on: March 23, 2022, 07:14:23 PM »
According to the NFL Draft value chart, GB & Miami got virtually the same value back for Adams and Hill.

So, unless one thinks there is a huge difference between these guys value to their teams (and that value depends a lot on the cast of players around them), the trades really did not favor either teams.

Yep, trades almost identical in value if you assume that Miami is in the middle of the pack next year, discounted for time value of money.

I have no real problem in value, with the exception that I thought both teams should have gotten more. But it was consistent with similar leverage.

I would be fine with the Packers flipping both Raiders picks for Metcalf. They'll pay him too, but he's only 25 and going on his 2nd contract and he's dirt cheap this year to use that money elsewhere

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #291 on: March 23, 2022, 10:32:50 PM »
Yep, trades almost identical in value if you assume that Miami is in the middle of the pack next year, discounted for time value of money.

I have no real problem in value, with the exception that I thought both teams should have gotten more. But it was consistent with similar leverage.

I would be fine with the Packers flipping both Raiders picks for Metcalf. They'll pay him too, but he's only 25 and going on his 2nd contract and he's dirt cheap this year to use that money elsewhere

If we can pull that off, I think the Packers definitely win on those trades.

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #292 on: March 23, 2022, 10:43:36 PM »

I'd rather they traded for Lockett instead of Metcalfe. Way cheaper to keep with a reasonable salary for the next several years. Stats aren't a lot different and would cost a lot less to acquire (no 1st rounder). Money to keep Jaire is #1 right now.

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #293 on: March 24, 2022, 06:03:50 AM »
I'd rather they traded for Lockett instead of Metcalfe. Way cheaper to keep with a reasonable salary for the next several years. Stats aren't a lot different and would cost a lot less to acquire (no 1st rounder). Money to keep Jaire is #1 right now.

The age old looking up Lockett's age, and instead typing in trent lockett

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #294 on: March 24, 2022, 06:06:31 AM »
If Matthew Stafford, Nick Foles and Joe Flacco can win a Super Bowl, Derek Carr can win a Super Bowl. The guy dragged a team to the playoffs throwing the ball to Zay Jones, Hunter Renfrow and Foster Moreau.

The Raiders aren't coming out of the AFC West.  It's the best division in football.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #295 on: March 24, 2022, 06:10:53 AM »

A bit of a gamble considering he is a total head case.

hairy worthen

• All American
« Reply #296 on: March 24, 2022, 07:22:26 AM »

Yes, this is correct. Plus Metcalfe is a head case and would be a gamble. Draft the future number 1 receiver. I hope they don't piss away the first round picks.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #297 on: March 24, 2022, 08:45:44 AM »
If we can pull that off, I think the Packers definitely win on those trades.

Davante Adams straight up for DK Metcalf is a win for the Packers?

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #298 on: March 24, 2022, 08:57:37 AM »
The Raiders aren't coming out of the AFC West.  It's the best division in football.

Any team that goes 3-3 in that division, maybe even 2-4, has a chance at the playoffs.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2022, 09:22:04 AM by Pakuni »

Spotcheck Billy

• All American
« Reply #299 on: March 24, 2022, 09:33:27 AM »
Article  by Silverstein today that Adams let them know he wanted a trade to LV right after the season ended and they did their best to achieve that
Shortly after the season ended, he made it known that he wanted out and his desire was to play for the Las Vegas Raiders and quarterback Derek Carr, his former college teammate and close friend, a source said. The public didn’t know Adams was adamant about leaving for the team he cheered for while growing up in East Palo Alto, California. But it was no secret among Packers officials that Adams wanted out.
The Packers had a better offer on the table than from the summer – one source said it was $25 million per year over three years – but Adams, after speaking with Carr and Bauer, was adamant he wanted to move on. Specifically, he wanted to play for the Raiders.
As many have reported, Rodgers knew about Adams’ desire well before he signed his record-breaking $151 million extension. There wasn’t anything he could do about it. Undoubtedly, he wanted Adams to stay, but his priority was his own contract and he wound up doing what was best for him.