[April 19, 2024, 11:09:03 PM]

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by Scoop Snoop
[April 19, 2024, 09:34:36 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Nukem2
[April 19, 2024, 09:24:02 PM]

2024 NCAA Tournament Thread by The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole
[April 19, 2024, 08:17:02 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Vaccine Misinformation  (Read 52841 times)

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
Re: Vaccine Misinformation
« Reply #275 on: May 11, 2022, 11:35:58 AM »
I leave tiktok to my kids.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #276 on: May 11, 2022, 12:39:17 PM »
The unfortunate thing about TikTok is that is spreads information to its users like wildfire.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #277 on: May 11, 2022, 04:57:27 PM »
The unfortunate thing about TikTok is that is spreads information to its users like wildfire.

The scope is truly remarkable. 

If you have over 100K IG followers, you're likely somebody of note, however silly it may be.  Usually in the non-social media realm that spiked your followers, or you worked really hard to cultivate followers.

TikTok?  Countless people with 1M++ followers who are literal nobodies or average college students.  My sister jokingly made a TikTok for her dog, posted pretty regularly for a few weeks.  Used popular sounds and hashtags and the account have close to a quarter million followers before she got bored with it.  Its absolutely nuts.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #278 on: May 11, 2022, 05:05:07 PM »

If you have over 100K IG followers, you're likely somebody of note, however silly it may be.  Usually in the non-social media realm that spiked your followers, or you worked really hard to cultivate followers.

TikTok?  Countless people with 1M++ followers who are literal nobodies or average college students.  My sister jokingly made a TikTok for her dog, posted pretty regularly for a few weeks.  Used popular sounds and hashtags and the account have close to a quarter million followers before she got bored with it.  Its absolutely nuts.

Agreed.  And it is consumed and forgotten in less than 24 hours, so trying to police disinformation is totally impossible.  And it preys on humans with short attention spans.

If I were creating the perfect propaganda distribution system.

CountryRoads

• All American
« Reply #279 on: May 11, 2022, 05:32:53 PM »

Agreed, engagement on TikTok is insane as well. I’ve had to get familiar with it for work and the algorithm is much better than Instagram. They do an incredible job of showing you videos you want to see and share with your friends. I can see how it’d be a problem if certain topics were trending. There’s been a history of this.

Maybe your sister just has zero interest in doing this at all and may very well be aware of it already, but with an animal account of that size she’s sitting on a pretty easily doable six figures a year. In any case, the opportunities TikTok presents shouldn’t be understated or dismissed. I have a few who have capitalized tremendously on it, but like anything worthwhile it comes with it’s own challenges and stress.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #280 on: May 11, 2022, 06:14:19 PM »
I follow a lot of broads in tik tok who have giant cans
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #281 on: May 11, 2022, 09:36:55 PM »
I follow a lot of broads in tik tok who have giant cans

They making chili or soup? Or a good sauce?

MU82

• All American
« Reply #282 on: May 12, 2022, 12:55:04 PM »
Meatpackers hyped ‘baseless’ shortage to keep plants open amid covid

https://www.washingtonpost.com/business/2022/05/12/meatpackers-covid-deaths-trump-industry/?utm_campaign=wp_post_most&utm_medium=email&utm_source=newsletter&wpisrc=nl_most&carta-url=https%3A%2F%2Fs2.washingtonpost.com%2Fcar-ln-tr%2F36d23a8%2F627d2edb956121755a7547bb%2F5f8d147cae7e8a56e5b732a4%2F10%2F72%2F627d2edb956121755a7547bb

The biggest players in the U.S. meat industry pressed “baseless” claims of beef and pork shortages early in the pandemic to persuade the Trump White House to keep processing plants running, disregarding the coronavirus risks that eventually killed at least 269 workers, according to a special House committee investigating the nation’s pandemic response.

In a report released Thursday, the committee alleges that Tyson Foods’s legal team prepared a draft with input from other companies that became the basis for an executive order to keep the plants open that the Trump administration issued in April 2020, making it difficult for workers to stay home.

“Meatpacking companies knew the risk posed by the coronavirus to their workers and knew it wasn’t a risk that the country needed them to take,” according to the report by the select subcommittee on the coronavirus crisis. “They nonetheless lobbied aggressively — successfully enlisting [the U.S. Agriculture Department] as a close collaborator in their efforts — to keep workers on the job in unsafe conditions, to ensure state and local health authorities were powerless to mandate otherwise, and to be protected against legal liability for the harms that would result.”
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Lighthouse 84

• All American
« Reply #283 on: May 13, 2022, 11:57:10 AM »
Getting back to the actual topic of the thread, last night's White House Twitter Account tweeted, "When President Biden took office, millions were unemployed and there was no vaccine available."
HILLTOP SENIOR SURVEY from 1984 Yearbook: 
Favorite Drinking Establishment:

1. The Avalanche.              7. Major Goolsby's.
2. The Gym.                      8. Park Avenue.
3. The Ardmore.                 9. Mugrack.
4. O'Donohues.                 10. Lighthouse.
5. O'Pagets.
6. Hagerty's.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #284 on: May 13, 2022, 12:04:09 PM »
600,000 dead on his watch. Handed 2 vaccines, hey?

#Buffoon
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

MU82

• All American
« Reply #285 on: May 13, 2022, 01:23:44 PM »
Handed 2 vaccines, hey?

If only the easily conned cultists who worship at the altar of twin gods Trump and Tucker had actually gotten vaccinated, deaths and hospitalizations would have been hundreds of thousands lower.

And if only your main god had followed the pandemic playbook he was handed and then didn't pretend a killer virus was the flu, the whole situation would have been a bazillion times better.

But you already knew that, being that you're a health-care professional, nu?

MU82

• All American
« Reply #286 on: May 13, 2022, 01:24:59 PM »
Getting back to the actual topic of the thread, last night's White House Twitter Account tweeted, "When President Biden took office, millions were unemployed and there was no vaccine available."

That's just stoopid. They're getting slammed bigly for it, and deservedly so.

pbiflyer

• All American
« Reply #287 on: May 16, 2022, 01:52:26 PM »
I guess those that taken ivermectin to treat covid aren't full of crap.

https://twitter.com/BagdMilkSoWhat/status/1526178436619718658?s=20&t=TEfUNYZsQ18sQDcZH-rTLg

MU82

• All American
« Reply #288 on: May 16, 2022, 03:01:07 PM »

tower912

• All American
« Reply #289 on: May 16, 2022, 03:27:13 PM »
The jokes just keep writing themselves.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #290 on: May 16, 2022, 04:29:10 PM »

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #291 on: May 16, 2022, 05:03:37 PM »
I guess those that taken ivermectin to treat covid aren't full of crap.

https://twitter.com/BagdMilkSoWhat/status/1526178436619718658?s=20&t=TEfUNYZsQ18sQDcZH-rTLg

You laugh now but just wait

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #292 on: May 16, 2022, 06:16:17 PM »
Might as well drop this here:

MELBOURNE, Australia — If the United States had the same COVID death rate as Australia, about 900,000 lives would have been saved.
Damien Cave
Mon, May 16, 2022, 7:00 AM
A bar at St. Kilda Beach in Melbourne, Australia, March 27, 2022. (Asanka Brendon Ratnayake/The New York Times)
A bar at St. Kilda Beach in Melbourne, Australia, March 27, 2022. (Asanka Brendon Ratnayake/The New York Times)

MELBOURNE, Australia — If the United States had the same COVID death rate as Australia, about 900,000 lives would have been saved.
For many Americans, imagining what might have been will be painful. But especially now, at the milestone of 1 million deaths in the United States, the nations that did a better job of keeping people alive show what Americans could have done differently and what might still need to change.
Australia offers perhaps the sharpest comparisons with the American experience. Both countries are English-speaking democracies with similar demographic profiles. In Australia and in the United States, the median age is 38. Roughly 86% of Australians live in urban areas, compared with 83% of Americans.
Yet Australia’s COVID death rate sits at one-tenth of America’s, putting the nation of 25 million people (with around 7,500 deaths) near the top of global rankings in the protection of life.
Australia’s location in the distant Pacific is often cited as the cause for its relative COVID success. That, however, does not fully explain the difference in outcomes between the two countries, since Australia has long been, like the United States, highly connected to the world through trade, tourism and immigration. In 2019, 9.5 million international tourists came to Australia.
So what went right in Australia and wrong in the United States?
It looks obvious: Australia restricted travel and personal interaction until vaccinations were widely available, then maximized vaccine uptake, prioritizing people who were most vulnerable before gradually opening up the country again.
From one outbreak to another, there were also some mistakes. And with omicron and eased restrictions, deaths have increased.
But Australia’s COVID playbook produced results because of something more easily felt than analyzed at a news conference. Dozens of interviews, along with survey data and scientific studies from around the world, point to a lifesaving trait that Australians displayed from the top of government to the hospital floor and that Americans have shown they lack: trust, in science and institutions, but especially in one another.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/australia-saved-thousands-lives-while-120039853.html

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #293 on: May 16, 2022, 07:45:31 PM »
You laugh now but just wait

as i've been trying to tell ya'll-ivermectin with other drugs(multi drug therapy) has been proven to be effective against covid.  problem, people like you who laugh it off, label people like me crazy and minimize the schiff out of anyone or anything that is said about it.  it is criticism such as this which prohibits many times, good debate or studies showing the efficacy of something otherwise shouted down to be "snake oil".  there have been multiple multidrug therapies developed and hopefully more to come.  i realize some here with science backgrounds are waiting for these double-blind studies etc, but those, although boosting the credibility in some eyes, are not always all they are cracked up to be.  also, as covid evolved so rapidly, we were not afforded the time it takes to complete studies as such.  these studies that have been able to see the light of day and slip thru the "alphabet soup" of the internet have shown to be very effective improving O2 saturation and preventing deaths in those acutely infected preventing hospitalizations and death.  and no, they haven't been widely reported by msm...surprise.  probably b/c it's too complicated for their audience

here are just 2 examples i've been following-

1)  ivermectin, doxycycline, zinc, vitamins D & C

2) ivermectin, azithromycin, monteluklast and acetylsalicylic acid

https://www.futuremedicine.com/doi/10.2217/fmb-2022-0014

https://www.ijidonline.com/article/S1201-9712(21)00100-4/pdf

go ahead and beat them up, but if i'm sick with this thing, i'm calling a doc who knows how to and is allowed to administer this regimen

don't...don't don't don't don't

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #294 on: May 16, 2022, 07:52:50 PM »
  as i've been trying to tell ya'll-ivermectin with other drugs(multi drug therapy) has been proven to be effective against covid.  problem, people like you who laugh it off, label people like me crazy and minimize the schiff out of anyone or anything that is said about it.  it is criticism such as this which prohibits many times, good debate or studies showing the efficacy of something otherwise shouted down to be "snake oil".  there have been multiple multidrug therapies developed and hopefully more to come.  i realize some here with science backgrounds are waiting for these double-blind studies etc, but those, although boosting the credibility in some eyes, are not always all they are cracked up to be.  also, as covid evolved so rapidly, we were not afforded the time it takes to complete studies as such.  these studies that have been able to see the light of day and slip thru the "alphabet soup" of the internet have shown to be very effective improving O2 saturation and preventing deaths in those acutely infected preventing hospitalizations and death.  and no, they haven't been widely reported by msm...surprise.  probably b/c it's too complicated for their audience

here are just 2 examples i've been following-

1)  ivermectin, doxycycline, zinc, vitamins D & C

2) ivermectin, azithromycin, monteluklast and acetylsalicylic acid

https://www.futuremedicine.com/doi/10.2217/fmb-2022-0014

https://www.ijidonline.com/article/S1201-9712(21)00100-4/pdf

go ahead and beat them up, but if i'm sick with this thing, i'm calling a doc who knows how to and is allowed to administer this regimen

Solid 9 out of 10.  Hit a lot of your specialties.  Very impressive work. 

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #295 on: May 16, 2022, 08:54:12 PM »
Study: Two-thirds of people who took ivermectin have long-term health issues as a result.

roqqet: "See? I told you guys it worked."

If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

pacearrow02

• Starter
« Reply #296 on: May 17, 2022, 12:09:17 AM »
The jokes just keep writing themselves.

You do realize this was not a real thing but indeed a joke right? 

Wasn’t sure if pbi posted it in the misinformation thread sincerely because it was a made up screenshot (thus misinformation) and wanted to poke fun at people to get a laugh at the same time or if he too was also fooled thinking it was real?

Confirmation bias can be a powerful thing…..or so I’ve been told. 
« Last Edit: May 17, 2022, 12:11:37 AM by pacearrow02 »

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #297 on: May 17, 2022, 12:38:58 AM »
Ok, so Pace and rocket still on the horse dewormer train.  got it.  Take all you can get boys!

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #298 on: May 17, 2022, 06:02:39 AM »
you're missing the point once again here rock and all you're doing is rousing your crowd.  you guys have such a bias that it works detrimentally against ALL new information coming.  some of this information could actually prove to benefit many, possibly even save their lives.  if that's how you guys operate, God help us all.

does it work for everyone? probably not, but does the vaccine(s) double, triple vax work for all?  did they willfully report all the side effects of the vaccines?

some of these other drugs have been shot down before they were even given a chance.  the doctors who think outside the box found that when given in combinations with other adjuncts(vitamins, zinc, z-pak, etc) at varying levels in patients with differing viral loads have benefited.  isn't this a better potential scenario opposed to those that have unnecessarily suffered, taken up hospital beds and/or died?  that's a question that has not allowed to be answered because the advocates have controlled the narrative.  how they sleep at night escapes me.  you short minded fools continue to refer to ivermectin as "horse dewormer"?  you do realize there are treatment guidelines, indications and dosage guidelines for humans, right?  the original purpose of acetylsalicylic acid was pain relief, fever reducer and anti-inflammatory.  a very useful "side effect" became evident-blood thinning
don't...don't don't don't don't

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #299 on: May 17, 2022, 06:28:38 AM »
you're missing the point once again here rock and all you're doing is rousing your crowd.  you guys have such a bias that it works detrimentally against ALL new information coming.  some of this information could actually prove to benefit many, possibly even save their lives.  if that's how you guys operate, God help us all.

does it work for everyone? probably not, but does the vaccine(s) double, triple vax work for all?  did they willfully report all the side effects of the vaccines?

some of these other drugs have been shot down before they were even given a chance.  the doctors who think outside the box found that when given in combinations with other adjuncts(vitamins, zinc, z-pak, etc) at varying levels in patients with differing viral loads have benefited.  isn't this a better potential scenario opposed to those that have unnecessarily suffered, taken up hospital beds and/or died?  that's a question that has not allowed to be answered because the advocates have controlled the narrative.  how they sleep at night escapes me.  you short minded fools continue to refer to ivermectin as "horse dewormer"?  you do realize there are treatment guidelines, indications and dosage guidelines for humans, right?  the original purpose of acetylsalicylic acid was pain relief, fever reducer and anti-inflammatory.  a very useful "side effect" became evident-blood thinning

It all makes sense now.  You’re a talking horse