[April 25, 2024, 09:43:05 PM]

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by Uncle Rico
[April 25, 2024, 05:51:25 PM]

Campus camp-out with cool flags? by FreewaysBurnerAccount
[April 25, 2024, 04:52:25 PM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole
[April 25, 2024, 02:51:03 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Vaccine Misinformation  (Read 53100 times)

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
Re: Vaccine Misinformation
« Reply #326 on: June 30, 2022, 07:15:33 PM »
Hoo boy ....

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/supreme-court/justice-thomas-cites-debunked-claim-covid-vaccines-are-made-cells-abor-rcna36156

I think the headline is wrong.  From the article, bolded for emphasis.

"Thomas, citing the plaintiffs, wrote that the health care workers “object” to the state’s vaccine mandate “on religious grounds to all available COVID–19 vaccines because they were developed using cell lines derived from aborted children.”

Pfizer and Moderna used fetal cell lines early in their Covid vaccine development to test the efficacy of their formulas, as other vaccines have in the past. The fetal tissue used in these processes came from elective abortions that happened decades ago. But the cells have since replicated many times, so none of the original tissue is involved in the making of modern vaccines."

So isn't he right? They were developed from cell LINES derived from aborted children.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

tower912

• All American
« Reply #327 on: June 30, 2022, 07:35:16 PM »
Unforgivably stupid.   
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

• All American
« Reply #328 on: June 30, 2022, 08:14:52 PM »
Unforgivably stupid.   

But Thomas was right?

Not in his ruling, but his assertion about the origin of the cell lines.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #329 on: June 30, 2022, 08:41:00 PM »

But Thomas was right?

Not in his ruling, but his assertion about the origin of the cell lines.

Only if you use really broad definition of "developed," one that the scientists themselves don't use.
Neither Pfizer or Moderna used cell lines that originated from aborted fetus to create their vaccines. The vaccines were developed. i.e. produced, without those cell lines.
Those cell lines were used as part of the testing of the vaccines, after they were created.
Now, if you want to argue that testing = developed ... well, OK. But that's not how the scientists would describe "Developed" and it's worth noting that even the Vatican and U.S, Conference of Bishops distinguish between Moderna/Pfizer and Johnson & Johnson, which was developed, i.e. produced, with fetal cell lines.

• All American
« Reply #330 on: June 30, 2022, 08:43:05 PM »
Only if you use really broad definition of "developed," one that the scientists themselves don't use.
Neither Pfizer or Moderna used cell lines that originated from aborted fetus to create their vaccines. The vaccines were developed. i.e. produced, without those cell lines.
Those cell lines were used as part of the testing of the vaccines, after they were created.
Now, if you want to argue that testing = developed ... well, OK. But that's not how the scientists would describe "Developed" and it's worth noting that even the Vatican and U.S, Conference of Bishops distinguish between Moderna/Pfizer and Johnson & Johnson, which was developed, i.e. produced, with fetal cell lines.

Thank you for the explanation.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #331 on: June 30, 2022, 08:52:31 PM »
Thank you for the explanation.

One caveat.... this is based on what I've read, and there are likely much smarter people here who can speak to it.

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #332 on: June 30, 2022, 09:41:51 PM »
One caveat.... this is based on what I've read, and there are likely much smarter people here who can speak to it.

Your assessment and description is correct.

The vaccines were not developed using/from cell lines. They were tested with cell lines.

The same is true for the majority of drugs an individual takes. Odds are, at some point, testing used similar cell lines.

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #333 on: June 30, 2022, 10:52:11 PM »
As a follow up. Those with issues regarding the COVID vaccine because of the use of cells from an aborted fetus (note: we do not know if it was a miscarriage or elective abortion), should also avoid the following medications.

Acetaminophen
Ibuprofen
Aspirin
Naproxen
Claritin
essentially every cough medicine found over the counter
Benadryl

Not to mention the following drugs popular amongst the antivax crowd.
Hydroxychloroquine
Ivermectin
Azithromycin

And a massive list of others. So if they are avoiding the vaccine, because of religious reasons, they better be avoiding all of the above too (note: some of these drugs predate the cell line, but were nonetheless tested on them later).
« Last Edit: June 30, 2022, 10:54:52 PM by forgetful »

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #334 on: July 21, 2022, 09:52:26 AM »
So sad, da Buffoon has da chit. Eye hope he'll bea ok, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #335 on: July 21, 2022, 10:58:06 AM »
So sad, da Buffoon has da chit. Eye hope he'll bea ok, hey?

TFG has it again?

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #336 on: July 30, 2022, 02:41:08 PM »
How kan dat bea? He sed a yeer ago dat does vaccinated kant get da chit. Heer he's xtra kareful and everythin'. Hope he's okay, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

MUDPT

• All American
« Reply #337 on: July 31, 2022, 07:49:58 AM »
How kan dat bea? He sed a yeer ago dat does vaccinated kant get da chit. Heer he's xtra kareful and everythin'. Hope he's okay, hey?

Paxlovid rebound is happening a lot.  All of this is happening because we are combatting a virus that is less than 3 years old.  It's amazing that we even have vaccines and anti-virals for it already. 

Billy Hoyle

• All American
  • Retire #34
« Reply #338 on: July 31, 2022, 10:57:09 PM »

It’s unfair to use his own words: I know when I got it despite three shots I wasn’t asking how it happened since I was told by my leaders I wouldn’t COVID.

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/biden-if-vaccinated-wont-get-covid/

BIDEN: Well, the virus — look, it’s real simple. We have a pandemic for those who haven’t gotten a vaccination. It’s that basic, that simple. Ten thousand people have recently died; 9,950 of them, thereabouts, are people who hadn’t been vaccinated.

This is a simple, basic proposition. If you’re vaccinated, you’re not going to be hospitalized, you’re not going to be in an ICU unit, and you are not going to die.

[…]

But, again, one last thing. We don’t talk enough to you about this, I don’t think. One last thing that’s really important is, we’re not in the position where we think that any virus, including the Delta virus, which is much more transmissible and more deadly in terms of unvaccinated people, the — the various shots that people are getting now cover that. You’re OK. You’re not going to — you’re not going to get COVID if you have these vaccinations.
“You either smoke or you get smoked. And you got smoked.”

• All American
« Reply #339 on: August 01, 2022, 03:57:34 AM »
It’s unfair to use his own words: I know when I got it despite three shots I wasn’t asking how it happened since I was told by my leaders I wouldn’t COVID.

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/biden-if-vaccinated-wont-get-covid/

BIDEN: Well, the virus — look, it’s real simple. We have a pandemic for those who haven’t gotten a vaccination. It’s that basic, that simple. Ten thousand people have recently died; 9,950 of them, thereabouts, are people who hadn’t been vaccinated.

This is a simple, basic proposition. If you’re vaccinated, you’re not going to be hospitalized, you’re not going to be in an ICU unit, and you are not going to die.

[…]

But, again, one last thing. We don’t talk enough to you about this, I don’t think. One last thing that’s really important is, we’re not in the position where we think that any virus, including the Delta virus, which is much more transmissible and more deadly in terms of unvaccinated people, the — the various shots that people are getting now cover that. You’re OK. You’re not going to — you’re not going to get COVID if you have these vaccinations.

Clearly he overstated it because it was stated many times it wasn’t 100% effective. Also this..

https://ourworldindata.org/grapher/united-states-rates-of-covid-19-deaths-by-vaccination-status?time=2021-12-04..2022-04-09&country=~All+ages

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #340 on: August 01, 2022, 05:07:24 AM »
Maebea he misreddit, aina?

#freerocket2022
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

tower912

• All American
« Reply #341 on: August 01, 2022, 05:47:12 AM »
They said this variant, which didn't exist when the vaccines were created, could avoid the vaccines.   It did.   Variants and timing.

I caught the original omicron variant over Christmas.  My second time having it.   I had received my third shot in early October, prior to the omicron variant, which became prevalent through November and December.    My wife and my dad both got their third shots in early December.  CDC said the effectiveness of the third booster wore off after 10 weeks against omicron.
On Christmas day, we had guests in our house for the first time since it all started. They brought omicron as a gift.   I caught it, but it was mild.   I was at the end of the 10 week window.  My wife and dad, both at 3 weeks, spent the exact same amount of time in the exact same proximity to our guests and did not catch it.     
So, in my case, the CDC was precisely right about vaccine effectiveness and timing with variants.

So, I trust them when they say this latest variant eludes the vaccines.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2022, 06:53:56 AM by tower912 »
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

• All American
« Reply #342 on: August 01, 2022, 06:16:45 AM »
They said this variant, which didn't exist when the vaccines were created, could avoid the vaccines.   It did.   Variants and timing.

I caught the original omicron variant over Christmas.  My second time having it.   I had received my third shot in early October, prior to the omicron variant, which became prevalent through November and December.    My wife and my dad both got their third shots in early December.  CDC said the effectiveness of the third booster wore off after 10 weeks against omicron.
On Christmas day, we had guests in our house for the first time since it all started. The brought omicron as a gift.   I caught it, but it was mild.   I was at the end if the 10 week window.  My wife and dad, both at 3 weeks, spent the exact same amount of time in the exact same proximity to our guests and did not catch it.     
So, in my case, the CDC was precisely right about vaccine effectiveness and timing with variants.

Yep yep.

Despite the relatively mild nature of this variant, there is still a difference in death rates between vaccinated and unvaccinated.

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #343 on: August 01, 2022, 09:07:39 AM »
I'm vaxed and boosted.  Got the booster in December.

I had what has to be this variant in late June.  I had a very mild case and still managed to business travel in Europe.  (I had no choice as it arrived the day after arriving.
 Mu wife tested positive the day before I left.)  Thank goodness I was not wiped out tired as part of the mild case.  Sounds like the vax/boost worked just wine.

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #344 on: August 01, 2022, 06:46:15 PM »

On Christmas day, we had guests in our house for the first time since it all started. They brought omicron as a gift.   I caught it, but it was mild.   I was at the end of the 10 week window.  My wife and dad, both at 3 weeks, spent the exact same amount of time in the exact same proximity to our guests and did not catch it.     

Yes, the new omicron sub-variant does not care how many times you were boosted, or how many times you had COVID before, it can and will still infect you.

These escape variants exist because: 1) We cannot vaccinate the entire world fast enough. 2) Some idiots refuse to get the vaccine because of politics.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #345 on: August 01, 2022, 07:02:39 PM »
Why should Djokovic be banned from entering the USA and the illegal, unvaccinated can just walk across the US/Mexican border, hey?

#freerocket2022
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #346 on: August 01, 2022, 07:11:18 PM »
Why should Djokovic be banned from entering the USA and the illegal, unvaccinated can just walk across the US/Mexican border, hey?

#freerocket2022

Maybe his team should join a caravan

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #347 on: August 01, 2022, 07:11:45 PM »
Maybe his team should join a caravan

🚨🚨🚨CARAVAN ALERT🚨🚨🚨
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #348 on: August 01, 2022, 07:22:19 PM »
Sorry if y'all can't admit to the hypocrisy in this, then y'all are blinded by donkey chit, aina?

#freerocket2022
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #349 on: August 01, 2022, 07:31:15 PM »
Sorry if y'all can't admit to the hypocrisy in this, then y'all are blinded by donkey chit, aina?

#freerocket2022

He's free to try to illegally cross the border and face any legal proceedings that would result. Pretty sure he isn't going to be playing in any tournaments after illegally entering the US, and without approval to work.