[Today at 05:53:49 AM]

UNLEASH THE POWER OF SCOOP!!! by Jay Bee
[Today at 05:13:02 AM]

Three Years Ago Today... by Newsdreams
[March 27, 2024, 11:34:10 PM]

Kam Jones 1st Round Mock - The Ringer by PGsHeroes32
[March 27, 2024, 10:40:15 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Poll

What will MU's record be over the next 6 games?

0 - 6
1 (0.4%)
1 - 5
20 (7.7%)
2 - 4
100 (38.3%)
3 - 3
79 (30.3%)
4 - 2
25 (9.6%)
5 - 1
18 (6.9%)
6 - 0
18 (6.9%)

Total Members Voted: 261

Author Topic: POLL: Record Over the Next 6 Games  (Read 13878 times)

jimmybutlerfanatic

• Scholarship Player
POLL: Record Over the Next 6 Games
« on: January 17, 2022, 03:15:31 AM »
Next 6 games huge for this team and trajectory of the program.

3 - 3 would be an overachieving miracle IMHO.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2022, 03:17:12 AM by jimmybutlerfanatic »

WarriorFan

• All American
Re: POLL: Record Over the Next 6 Games
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2022, 08:41:17 AM »
I predict 2 home wins.

With a lot of luck, steal one away at UCONN.

But probably 2-4.

Nova is only .500 in Milwaukee since 2007...
"The meaning of life isn't gnashing our bicuspids over what comes after death but tasting the tiny moments that come before it."

Scoop Snoop

• All American
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2022, 09:05:14 AM »
I went with 3-3. With two road games facing opponents out for blood after losing their first matchup with us plus Nova in Philly, it's a tall order for our guys to win one of those but a Providence road win is not out of the question. Of course neither are the other two games, but I think we lose them. I'm really hoping for a W in our home game vs. Nova. I think we beat Xavier. UCONN is one BE team I simply cannot get a feel for. The other such team is St. Johns, and yeah- I know. they are not in the next six.
Wild horses couldn't drag me into either political party, but for very different reasons.

wisblue

• All American
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2022, 09:30:15 AM »
I’m stuck between 1-5 and 2-4, so I went with 1-5.

MU will be somewhere between slight and solid underdogs in all of these games. Winning on the road is tough against anyone, but especially against teams in the top half of the league.

I expect MU to play teams tough, but I’m not very confident in their ability to close out close games on the road.

If you told me now they could go 2-4 without playing the games I would take it. 3-3 would be a significant accomplishment and put them in great position to pin down an NCAA bid by winning some games they should win down the stretch.

CountryRoads

• All American
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2022, 09:35:10 AM »
3 - 3 would be an overachieving miracle IMHO.

Marquette will be in a good place going 3-3 in the next 6 games, but I’d hardly call that an “overachieving miracle.” We have a big time coach now who is proven to be successful at this level and I’m confident we’ll be better the second time we face these teams.

There doesn’t necessarily need to be that inevitable head scratching clunker that happened every other game in conference the past 7 years. Consistency over a long stretch of games is actually possible at this level. I know that’s become hard to believe as an MU fan.

Elonsmusk

• All American
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2022, 09:59:44 AM »
2-4  I feel that would be a solid/good outcome, despite greedily wanting more wins, it's a tough slate of games with only 2 of the 6 at home.  I think we beat Xavier at home, and Providence on the road.  Tight games in the other 4 but not sure I can see us winning on the road at UConn or Seton Hall.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2022, 10:15:55 AM »
I said 6-0 ... because somebody had to!
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

TheREALwrk

• Team Captain
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2022, 10:16:08 AM »

There doesn’t necessarily need to be that inevitable head scratching clunker that happened every other game in conference the past 7 years. Consistency over a long stretch of games is actually possible at this level. I know that’s become hard to believe as an MU fan.

I am expecting a head-scratching clunker among the next 6 games and I look forward to this board imploding... lol.

2-4 among the next 6 gets us to 6-7 in the league. After that, you win 5 of the next 7 against the bottom of the league to bring us 11-9 overall - we've all gotta be ecstatic about that.

Scoop Snoop

• All American
« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2022, 10:20:27 AM »
I said 6-0 ... because somebody had to!

I KNEW it was you! I knew it!
Wild horses couldn't drag me into either political party, but for very different reasons.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2022, 10:23:12 AM »
For the first time in a long time, I am only looking one game at time. The upcoming schedule is very tough and knowing how guys respond to good or bad games is tough to predict. This team has shown they are tough mentally and they are going to need all of that toughness over next three weeks. They are playing well, look confident and I hope that carries over during this stretch.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2022, 10:26:56 AM »
I am expecting a head-scratching clunker among the next 6 games and I look forward to this board imploding... lol.

2-4 among the next 6 gets us to 6-7 in the league. After that, you win 5 of the next 7 against the bottom of the league to bring us 11-9 overall - we've all gotta be ecstatic about that.
Unless they reschedule SJU, MU will only play 19 conference games this season.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Scoop Snoop

• All American
« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2022, 10:28:33 AM »
For the first time in a long time, I am only looking one game at time. The upcoming schedule is very tough and knowing how guys respond to good or bad games is tough to predict. This team has shown they are tough mentally and they are going to need all of that toughness over next three weeks. They are playing well, look confident and I hope that carries over during this stretch.

C'mon Goose! Let's hear your guess.

TheREALwrk

• Team Captain
« Reply #12 on: January 17, 2022, 10:31:55 AM »
Unless they reschedule SJU, MU will only play 19 conference games this season.

Good point. Haven't read much about that - are they planning on rescheduling? Or only if necessary?

Goose

• All American
« Reply #13 on: January 17, 2022, 10:32:42 AM »
Scoop

In addition to taking it one game at time, I am nervous for the first time in nearly a decade. The boys have their tourney hopes at their fingertips and we will see if they deliver the goods. My gut tells me that they will continue to surprise on the upside, what that means over next six is up for debate. That said, 2-4 would be disappointing to me.

jfp61

• All American
« Reply #14 on: January 17, 2022, 10:40:10 AM »
Were projected to win 1.83 games over this stretch. so the correct answer is 2-4.

JakeBarnes

• All American
« Reply #15 on: January 17, 2022, 10:42:09 AM »
Scoop

In addition to taking it one game at time, I am nervous for the first time in nearly a decade. The boys have their tourney hopes at their fingertips and we will see if they deliver the goods. My gut tells me that they will continue to surprise on the upside, what that means over next six is up for debate. That said, 2-4 would be disappointing to me.

Beat Nova on Wednesday. Have an oddly good feeling about it like I did the Illini game.
Assume what I say should be in teal if it doesn't pass the smell test for you.

Ardmore Mug

• All American
« Reply #16 on: January 17, 2022, 10:43:21 AM »
I went 4-2 ! ! !  Because in the Early season poll, I said 20 wins ! ! !   8-)  GO WARRIORS ! ! !

Scoop Snoop

• All American
« Reply #17 on: January 17, 2022, 11:17:38 AM »
Good point. Haven't read much about that - are they planning on rescheduling? Or only if necessary?

To repeat what I said in another thread- I hope the game is not rescheduled. St. Johns at Carnesecca is scary. If they beat us and end up maybe #9 in the BE, it's not a good look. I hope that we get out of a rescheduled game and play a team like VCU in Milwaukee in lieu of St. Johns in NY.

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #18 on: January 17, 2022, 11:20:56 AM »
To repeat what I said in another thread- I hope the game is not rescheduled. St. Johns at Carnesecca is scary. If they beat us and end up maybe #9 in the BE, it's not a good look. I hope that we get out of a rescheduled game and play a team like VCU in Milwaukee in lieu of St. Johns in NY.

And risk our big men transferring to VCU and Richmond?

In all seriousness, are any other BE teams adding non-conference games? This far into the season and with a few teams with multiple games to make up, I have to think decisions need to be made soon. MU has actually been pretty lucky in postponed games so far.

NCMUFan

• All American
« Reply #19 on: January 17, 2022, 11:31:31 AM »
Luck or by being careful, I am thankful MU has not had to cancel any games on account of themselves.

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #20 on: January 17, 2022, 11:34:02 AM »
Luck or by being careful, I am thankful MU has not had to cancel any games on account of themselves.

Yea, I meant more from other teams. I think Shaka and the team should be applauded for having everyone vaccinated and boosted so quickly.

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
  • "Private message me coward" - panda
« Reply #21 on: January 17, 2022, 11:34:56 AM »

They are also fully vaccinated which means they are tested only when symptomatic.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

MU82

• All American
« Reply #22 on: January 17, 2022, 06:47:06 PM »

The fun thing about being fans is that we don't have to take it one game at a time. If we take it 3 or 5 or 7 games at a time, it doesn't affect anything! But I do get what you are saying.

Were projected to win 1.83 games over this stretch. so the correct answer is 2-4.

Thankfully, such projections mean squat.

I KNEW it was you! I knew it!

If I've gotta be serious, I'll go with at least 3-3. I'd be more surprised by 1-5 than I would by 5-1. I'm really liking this team's chutzpah!
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #23 on: January 17, 2022, 06:50:45 PM »
I'm pretty set on the fact that it will be 2-4. And im guessing 2 of the 4 losses will be competitive if not completely down to the wire. I think at Nova and one of the other road games we mostly get crushed.

I'd actually be pretty pretty surprised both ways(worse than 2-4 or better).

Would absolutely love getting 3 wins though. Man that would put us in good shape.
Lazar picking up where the BIG 3 left off....

Goose

• All American
« Reply #24 on: January 17, 2022, 07:52:10 PM »

My only reason for going one at time is because a lot has changed in two weeks. I would not be surprised if they are in better position a week from now. I said I would be disappointed at 2-4.