[Today at 03:17:33 PM]

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by mugrad_89
[Today at 12:29:11 PM]

Kolek throwing out first pitch at White Sox game by MU82
[Today at 08:16:25 AM]

Marquette Football Update by Viper
[April 26, 2024, 08:10:52 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Masks at Fiserv Forum  (Read 26758 times)

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
Re: Masks at Fiserv Forum
« Reply #250 on: December 31, 2021, 11:52:29 AM »
Jesus. A mask can’t hurt and will help. Even if you don’t think a mask will help it won’t hurt anybody. You seriously can’t wear something on your face for two hours that might help others?

The same people b!tching about this not ending are the same people that do nothing to help it end.

Cura Personalis

This. I don’t love wearing a mask. I’d prefer not to. But I never in a million years would cause a scene or argue hardly against it. What’s the big deal? Throw on a comfy cloth mask and call it a day. Such a non issue.
I would take the Rick SLU program right now.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #251 on: December 31, 2021, 11:54:40 AM »
The primary purpose of masks, and where they're most effective, is to stop the wearer from spreading the disease. They're less effective when it comes to protecting the wearer from contracting it (especially when surrounded by the un-masked).
As a doctor, shouldn't you know this????

As for natural immunity .... all the evidence to date is that 1) it's less effective, and shorter-lived than the vaccine and 2) there's little reason to believe that we'll ever attain herd immunity (see: Sweden).
Everyone should get vaccinated, not just the high risk.

Again, as a doctor, why don't you know these things?

Obviously because just being a “doctor” doesn’t mean you know all things medical. I’m not taking advice on skin treatments from an ear, nose and through guy.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Johnny B

• All American
« Reply #252 on: December 31, 2021, 11:58:50 AM »
So you just want the games to go on with no crowds instead?
no im for full crowds. just pointing out the pro mask at games people are disingenious at best. they claim to care about covid spread but still go to games needlessly risking getting or giving covid. mask or no ur still partcipating in the spread. thats all im saying

TallTitan34

• All American
  • Gold N. Eagle (Ret.), Two Time SI Cover Model
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #253 on: December 31, 2021, 12:03:03 PM »
no im for full crowds. just pointing out the pro mask at games people are disingenious at best. they claim to care about covid spread but still go to games needlessly risking getting or giving covid. mask or no ur still partcipating in the spread. thats all im saying

Yes there is still spread with masks but it is reduced. Is it that hard to understand?

• All American
« Reply #254 on: December 31, 2021, 12:05:04 PM »

So since you don’t give a sh*t, that’s somehow “better?” 🙄🙄🙄
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #255 on: December 31, 2021, 12:05:13 PM »

Or maybe they're striking an entirely reasonable balance between going about their lives in a mostly normal manner while also taking a helpful precaution?
This isn't hard.
Should we assume that since you're pro full crowds but anti-safety measures, you don't care at all about whether or not you pass on a disease that might kill the person sitting next to you?

Johnny B

• All American
« Reply #256 on: December 31, 2021, 12:06:18 PM »
Yes there is still spread with masks but it is reduced. Is it that hard to understand?
yeah but ur still spreading it at an uneccesassry basketball game lol... if u guys really cared about spread wouldnt u all stay home??? its basketball game. idk why u dont get what im tryna say.

• All American
« Reply #257 on: December 31, 2021, 12:06:35 PM »

Right. Johnny is another one of these bozos who believes that if you can’t do everything possible, you might as well do nothing at all.

• All American
« Reply #258 on: December 31, 2021, 12:07:21 PM »
yeah but ur still spreading it at an uneccesassry basketball game lol... if u guys really cared about spread wouldnt u all stay home??? its basketball game. idk why u dont get what im tryna say.

Oh we get it. It’s just completely illogical.

It’s like saying that since seat belts don’t prevent all traffic deaths, you may as well not drive at all or just go without.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2021, 12:08:52 PM by Fluffy Blue Monster »

Johnny B

• All American
« Reply #259 on: December 31, 2021, 12:10:36 PM »
Or maybe they're striking an entirely reasonable balance between going about their lives in a mostly normal manner while also taking a helpful precaution?
This isn't hard.
Should we assume that since you're pro full crowds but anti-safety measures, you don't care at all about whether or not you pass on a disease that might kill the person sitting next to you?
reasonable balance is not going to a basketball game during record high covid rates imo. im not anti anything. just saying if ur going rn u dont care about potentially passing the deadly disiease on.

Johnny B

• All American
« Reply #260 on: December 31, 2021, 12:12:52 PM »
Oh we get it. It’s just completely illogical.

It’s like saying that since seat belts don’t prevent all traffic deaths, you may as well not drive at all or just go without.
the allegory id like to use here is driving around town purely for fun. but instead of going 50 over ur now going 40 over. safer but still needlessly risking hurting u others. thats what the fiserv mask policy is

TallTitan34

• All American
  • Gold N. Eagle (Ret.), Two Time SI Cover Model
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #261 on: December 31, 2021, 12:13:47 PM »

So stay home if you don’t want to wear a mask. It’s just a basketball game.

I’m guessing you’ll still go because wearing a mask isn’t a big inconvenience for you. Or you’ll be a big tough guy pretending to eat popcorn the whole time. Way to stick it to them!
« Last Edit: December 31, 2021, 12:18:41 PM by TallTitan34 »

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #262 on: December 31, 2021, 12:20:57 PM »

Obviously because just being a “doctor” doesn’t mean you know all things medical. I’m not taking advice on skin treatments from an ear, nose and through guy.

I was thinking that someone who comes here, offers him/herself up as an expert and then gives medical advice on how others should conduct themselves vis-a-vis a potentially deadly disease should at least have a basic understanding of the science and medical literature on the subject.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #263 on: December 31, 2021, 12:22:11 PM »
the allegory id like to use here is driving around town purely for fun. but instead of going 50 over ur now going 40 over. safer but still needlessly risking hurting u others. thats what the fiserv mask policy is

I mean, why drive at all?
If you really cared, you'd never get behind the wheel.

Johnny B

• All American
« Reply #264 on: December 31, 2021, 12:27:23 PM »
I mean, why drive at all?
If you really cared, you'd never get behind the wheel.
why drive purely for entertainment when its icy and people are around?

MUDPT

• All American
« Reply #265 on: December 31, 2021, 12:29:50 PM »
My point is, a vast majority of the patients I see with COVID (whether critically ill or just a stuffy nose) were wearing masks to the best of their ability.  Maybe it is possible you can actually wear a mask 100 percent of the time, go in public, and never get covid or spread it to others.  Unlikely in my opinion and anecdotal.  Maybe a tight fitting n95 at all times and never touch it.  I have not studied mask wearing. 

People can wear masks all they want or do whatever they want, but I guess my point is, get the vaccine if you are worried you are going to get very sick or die or have co morbidities with obesity being #1 in my experience (BEST ADVICE OF ALL IN MY OPINION - with the knowledge you still may catch a more mild case of COVID), and basically we have to move forward with treatments when people do end up testing positive and more forward with society undergoing infection and developing natural immunity. 

Most of them I’ve seen, never wore a mask and don’t believe COVID exists.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #266 on: December 31, 2021, 12:36:14 PM »
Fun! Battling doctors!

In this corner, MUDPT ... He's been around throughout the pandemic and has made numerous insightful, informative contributions to Scoop's Covid discussions.

And in that corner, geagles ... He just popped in for the first time in more than a year to say he's smarter than all the epidemiologists out there. His previous post, from Nov 2020, was a rip of Marquette for BLM patches, and his previous post to that was from March 2020 filled with "Covid is not even as bad as the flu."

Hmmm ... I wonder who "wins."

“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #267 on: December 31, 2021, 01:22:35 PM »
Jesus. A mask can’t hurt and will help. Even if you don’t think a mask will help it won’t hurt anybody. You seriously can’t wear something on your face for two hours that might help others?

The same people b!tching about this not ending are the same people that do nothing to help it end.

Cura Personalis

It would make me feel better if you wore a dress to games. Will you do it?
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #268 on: December 31, 2021, 01:55:54 PM »
This isn't a dating site.

Viper

• All American
« Reply #269 on: December 31, 2021, 02:16:51 PM »

Who has said "you will never get it or spread it" if vaccinated?  I don't recall anyone saying vaccinations are 100% effective.
r u serious? Many of you on here hammered yours truly when I said months ago that vaccines do not prevent getting or transmitting covid.  It was and is bizarre to me how all-in the majority on scoop are when it comes to Fauci, CDC. I love the dialogue on this. Keyboard name-calling, not so much.

Viper

• All American
« Reply #270 on: December 31, 2021, 02:25:32 PM »
I'll play along ...

How does treating people in an ER setting make you an expert on the efficacy of masking? So much so, in fact, that your more credible than the volumes of peer-reviewed, published studies that contradict your opinion?
so, hammering on a MD makes you look foolish. Let me bring some basketball to this…you are down 20. Your best player fouled out. You have no time outs left. Your losing streak is at twelve. The crowd is booing.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #271 on: December 31, 2021, 03:14:08 PM »
UNC-Charlotte becomes first major college in NC to block fans from sports events this season

https://www.charlotteobserver.com/sports/college/charlotte-49ers/article256966972.html#storylink=cpy

The Charlotte 49ers are closing the doors to fans at home sporting events for about three weeks, due to surging COVID-19 infection rates attributed to the fast-spreading Omicron variant.

The 49ers are believed to be the first collegiate athletic program in the country to announce such a move, although dozens of college and professional basketball and hockey games are being postponed daily due to the surge.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #272 on: December 31, 2021, 04:31:18 PM »
It would make me feel better if you wore a dress to games. Will you do it?

Hey Jay Bee.  I am curious what your thoughts are on McClung being on the Bulls' bench?

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #273 on: December 31, 2021, 04:55:00 PM »
Hey Jay Bee.  I am curious what your thoughts are on McClung being on the Bulls' bench?

The NBA’s dumb rules have resulted in a lot of scrubs joining teams for short stints. Need warm bodies.
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

wisblue

• All American
« Reply #274 on: December 31, 2021, 05:46:52 PM »
The NBA’s dumb rules have resulted in a lot of scrubs joining teams for short stints. Need warm bodies.

You mean like Aleem Ford on the Magic?