[Today at 06:51:42 AM]

D-I Logo Quiz by IL Warrior
[April 24, 2024, 09:57:20 PM]

Best case scenarios by We R Final Four
[April 24, 2024, 08:12:40 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Uncle Rico
[April 24, 2024, 04:09:20 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Masks at Fiserv Forum  (Read 26711 times)

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
  • Facts don't care about your feelings!
If we are all thinking alike, we're not thinking at all. It's OK to disagree. Just don't be disagreeable.
-Bill Walton

Jay Bee

• All American
Re: Masks at Fiserv Forum
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2021, 03:04:31 PM »
Might as well require good luck bracelets & lucky rabbits feet. Smh
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

MU62

• Starter
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2021, 03:07:34 PM »
Good News! :) :)

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2021, 03:07:50 PM »

#endoftimes
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2021, 03:14:02 PM »
Good decision by Fiserv. 
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2021, 03:21:59 PM »
MU went from N7 on 11/30 to N95 on 1/1 smh

Scoop Snoop

• All American
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2021, 03:34:04 PM »
As long as we do not have games restricted to cardboard "fans", this is a very minor inconvenience for those of you who hate mask requirements.
Wild horses couldn't drag me into either political party, but for very different reasons.

"All of our answers are unencumbered by the thought process." NPR's Click and Clack of Car Talk.

BrewCity83

• All American
« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2021, 03:40:34 PM »
I'm going to be the guy that munches on popcorn all game to avoid having the mask over my face.  Or are they banning food and drink from the seating bowl now?
The shaka sign, sometimes known as "hang loose", is a gesture of friendly intent often associated with Hawaii and surf culture.

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2021, 04:03:29 PM »
I'm going to be the guy that munches on popcorn all game to avoid having the mask over my face.  Or are they banning food and drink from the seating bowl now?

They may as well with the awful ordering system for concessions.

Warrior of Law

• All American
« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2021, 04:12:55 PM »
Not surprised. Compliance and enforcement will operate at peak efficiency.
"You can only protect your liberties in this world by protecting the other man's freedom. You can only be free if I am free."  Clarence Darrow

Shooter Flatch

• Starter
« Reply #10 on: December 29, 2021, 04:34:37 PM »
Another decision the Bucks ownership feels they need to make for us 🙄.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #11 on: December 29, 2021, 04:35:14 PM »
Another decision the Bucks ownership feels they need to make for us 🙄.

Their building, their rules.

Be happy that they haven't cancelled all games yet.

Shooter Flatch

• Starter
« Reply #12 on: December 29, 2021, 04:40:04 PM »
Unfortunately, we’re stuck with them. Don’t have to be happy about it though.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #13 on: December 29, 2021, 04:45:44 PM »
Unfortunately, we’re stuck with them. Don’t have to be happy about it though.

Restaurants, bars and other entertainment venues are temporarily closing right now in the greater Milwaukee area.  I hope wearing a mask at a venue still open won’t ruin your life or financia well-being.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #14 on: December 29, 2021, 04:45:56 PM »
Yeah its such a shame to be stuck with an ownership group that not only built an NBA champion, but also cares about our heath.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

JakeBarnes

• All American
« Reply #15 on: December 29, 2021, 04:47:01 PM »

This guy wants more cancelations rather than mild inconvenience
Assume what I say should be in teal if it doesn't pass the smell test for you.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #16 on: December 29, 2021, 04:50:02 PM »
Also, in before the lock

tower912

• All American
« Reply #17 on: December 29, 2021, 04:56:42 PM »

ban dis guy ^^^^
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #18 on: December 29, 2021, 05:02:34 PM »
Unfortunately there are too many irresponsible people out there to let us get over this thing. So mask mandates, vaccine passports, etc. are needed to look out for the irresponsible people. Would it be nice to get past these things? Of course. Will we soon? No way.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Babybluejeans

• Team Captain
« Reply #19 on: December 29, 2021, 05:14:20 PM »
It’s indeed the unlearned morons who are preventing the pandemic from petering out.

So it’s time policies—public and private—stop trying to protect the people who are too imbecilic to protect themselves. Insurance (health and life, to name two) should skyrocket for the unvaccinated so the rest of us don’t have to foot the bill when they take up precious ICU space. Because those most vulnerable to serious complications are the ones least likely to comply with mandates anyway, it’s time to let Darwinism play itself out as it will. 

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #20 on: December 29, 2021, 05:17:02 PM »
It’s indeed the unlearned morons who are preventing the pandemic from petering out.

So it’s time policies—public and private—stop trying to protect the people who are too imbecilic to protect themselves. Insurance (health and life, to name two) should skyrocket for the unvaccinated so the rest of us don’t have to foot the bill when they take up precious ICU space. Because those most vulnerable to serious complications are the ones least likely to comply with mandates anyway, it’s time to let Darwinism play itself out as it will. 

We have to have policies to protect those who won't protect themselves mostly due to the overwhelmed state of the health care system. 
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Babybluejeans

• Team Captain
« Reply #21 on: December 29, 2021, 05:28:56 PM »

We have to have policies to protect those who won't protect themselves mostly due to the overwhelmed state of the health care system.

I know, but the awful truth is that it comes at the expense of those who are actually responsible. I visited a friend—vaccinated and compliant—going through cancer treatment at a world-famous hospital, and he couldn’t get a room because of COVID patients. He had a makeshift area in the PICU (which is not even designed for what he has). While you can’t turn people away, you can certainly de-prioritize their care if they don’t prioritize their own health in such basic ways. 

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #22 on: December 29, 2021, 05:38:49 PM »
I know, but the awful truth is that it comes at the expense of those who are actually responsible. I visited a friend—vaccinated and compliant—going through cancer treatment at a world-famous hospital, and he couldn’t get a room because of COVID patients. He had a makeshift area in the PICU (which is not even designed for what he has). While you can’t turn people away, you can certainly de-prioritize their care if they don’t prioritize their own health in such basic ways.
This is terrible to hear.
Unfortunately, as evidence by certain scoopers, they don’t give a sheet.

The Lens

• All American
« Reply #23 on: December 29, 2021, 05:43:56 PM »
My Uncle is a Vietnam Vet who lives at the VA.  He has not been able to leave since March of 2020 (edit, sorry MU8891, I had a typo).  He had a 3 week window this summer where he could review visitors (1 person for 1 hour, once per week).  That policy was quickly rescinded due to Delta. 

His access to family holiday gatherings / MU games / or simply walking into a Culver's is dictated by external indexes like cases / positivity rates / hospitalizations, etc.  All things completely out of his control.  He has seen 2 family members in 21 months.  He has missed countless holidays and birthdays.  We FaceTimed with him on Christmas (a first bc he has no technology, a loving nurse stepped in) and for the first time he saw his 1 year old grandniece and grandnephew.  My heart broke as he said hello to them over FaceTime and remarked it was the first time he ever saw them.  His time away from us is now longer than his tour in Vietnam.

When I hear someone bitch about wearing a mask for a few hours at a MU game, all I can say is go unnatural carnal knowledge yourself. 

« Last Edit: December 30, 2021, 07:54:12 AM by The Lens »
The Teal Train has left the station and Lens is day drinking in the bar car.    ---- Dr. Blackheart

History is so valuable if you have the humility to learn from it.    ---- Shaka Smart

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #24 on: December 29, 2021, 05:49:31 PM »
We could wear 12 masks and it'd have jackshyte to do with that draconian policy at the VA. Especially if he's vaccinated, I'd direct some of that ire at them.

feedback