[Today at 01:41:53 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Frenns Liquor Depot
[Today at 10:35:42 AM]

Does Bucky NOT have a Basketball NIL? by withoutbias
[Today at 10:29:19 AM]

NM by tower912
[Today at 08:24:31 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Masks at Fiserv Forum  (Read 26715 times)

JakeBarnes

• All American
Re: Masks at Fiserv Forum
« Reply #50 on: December 29, 2021, 08:12:51 PM »
WEARING ANY MASK IS BETTER THAN NO MASK.

If Scoop can wear tinfoil hats for 100% of the year, it can wear a mask for a prolonged period of time during a basketball game.
Assume what I say should be in teal if it doesn't pass the smell test for you.

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #51 on: December 29, 2021, 08:14:08 PM »
The common cold and the flu don’t overflow our hospitals. Which is the problem. We’ll eventually get to the point where it doesn’t. But people need to start taking some personal responsibility and show some concern for their neighbors to get there anytime soon. If we don’t (and we won’t, because…’Merica!) then we’ll be stuck in this for a while.

It’s embarrassing seeing children who wear their masks without any issues yet adults are too selfish and can’t “give up their freedoms.”

Cdc released their findings today. The omnicron variant is not the one flooding hospitals. Delta is, which the vaccine is effective against. If you haven't had a vaccine, then that's your fault.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #52 on: December 29, 2021, 08:15:50 PM »
Cdc released their findings today. The omnicron variant is not the one flooding hospitals. Delta is, which the vaccine is effective against. If you haven't had a vaccine, then that's your fault.

The omicron variant has hardly been here.  Let's see what happens in the coming weeks.

I am hardly calling for a shut down of society, but taking reasonable precautions like mask wearing, makes a lot of sense to me.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Tortuga94

• Walk-On
« Reply #53 on: December 29, 2021, 08:22:14 PM »
I'll be curious to see how strictly it is enforced. I was at a high school basketball game on Tuesday, at Concordia University in Mequon, the Rick Majerus WBY Shootout, they had signs posted on the doors saying masks were required, but when you got inside, hardly anyone was wearing a mask.

I can remember the same thing at a Brewers game early in the season, masks were required, but very few were actually wearing one.

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #54 on: December 29, 2021, 08:27:44 PM »
Hospital overcapacity is getting to be a huge problem in certain areas.  But if people are not vaccinated by now, I'm  not sure it will ever happen.  Maybe the pills will be a game changer or other therapeutics but I don't see mandates having much of an impact frankly.  It's also quite possible vaccines will have to be tweaked constantly and boosters necessary every year or twice a year.  Sadly  the impact of Omicron is that people that aren't vaccinated are less likely to get vaccinated. 

NolongerWarriors

• All American
« Reply #55 on: December 29, 2021, 08:36:05 PM »
So is the common cold. And that also mutates like crazy.

A friend's sister and family were going to fly in from the DC area for Christmas but had to cancel because she (the sis) had COVID.  Her symptoms were like a minor flu with fatigue and headache.  Then one of her son's got it and it was like a minor cold.  Then the dad got it and it was an even less severe cold.

It's hilarious that anyone thinks this COVID Theater at Fiserv accomplishes anything.  The cheap cloth masks do nothing.  If they want to mandate the real things, it could make a difference.

And it's even more hilarious to see Biden outside at the beach in Delaware with a mask on, lol, while his wife doesn't have one on and he doesn't wear it often inside.  The mixed messaging makes smart people realize there's a lot of BS being flung.

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #56 on: December 29, 2021, 08:45:39 PM »
Cloth masks are worthless against Omicron per Dr Lena Wen on CNN yesterday and the pasted article.  Will only N95 and KN95 masks be allowed? If not then the requirement is just virtue signaling.

https://www.npr.org/sections/health-shots/2021/12/23/1066871176/mask-n95-omicron-contagious

Policies to make idiots feel good, that’s where we’re at. Pathetic. This is the second biggest f@ck up if the Bucks this year, only bested by them sh1tting on our court.

#MaskUp
#RollDice
#BeDumb
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #57 on: December 29, 2021, 08:56:33 PM »
A friend's sister and family were going to fly in from the DC area for Christmas but had to cancel because she (the sis) had COVID.  Her symptoms were like a minor flu with fatigue and headache.  Then one of her son's got it and it was like a minor cold.  Then the dad got it and it was an even less severe cold.

HOLY SH*T REALLY!  Obviously this means Covid isn’t really a thing!!!  I mean if your friend’s sister and her two family members had it and it wasn’t all that serious, then those people in the hospitals must be faking it or something!!!
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #58 on: December 29, 2021, 09:11:35 PM »
Cloth masks are worthless against Omicron per Dr Lena Wen on CNN yesterday and the pasted article.  Will only N95 and KN95 masks be allowed? If not then the requirement is just virtue signaling.

https://www.npr.org/sections/health-shots/2021/12/23/1066871176/mask-n95-omicron-contagious

Billy,

For the love of God, please read the articles you quote before claiming what they say. Nowhere in this article does it say "cloth masks are worthless" as you claim. Here's what it actually says:

True, a cloth mask can be a "marginally OK to maybe a decent filter," Marr says. But with something as highly transmissible as omicron, just "OK" isn't good enough.

We are all aware that cloth masks aren't as effective as N95s. That doesn't make them worthless. We can't supply everyone with N95s but we can give everyone cloth masks. They won't stop it from transmitting a 100% but they do help mitigate it.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #59 on: December 29, 2021, 09:12:36 PM »
Triage the unvaccinated to the bottom of the list.  Sorry no bed for you.  Maybe next time, if there is a next time, you will make a better choice.  In the meantime, if a bed opens up, we will be sure to give you a call.

I would support this.
Have some patience, FFS.

jficke13

• All American
« Reply #60 on: December 29, 2021, 09:25:51 PM »
I maintain Operation Dart Gun should go into effect. Everyone in public gets shot by roving bands of snipers armed with vaccine loaded dart guns. If you haven't been vaccinated, congrats, you've got one dose. If you have, no worries, a booster can't hurt.

So many people in this country seem willing to cosplay Wild West posse, let's get after it and do some good, no?

pbiflyer

• All American
« Reply #61 on: December 29, 2021, 09:31:30 PM »
Another decision the Bucks ownership feels they need to make for us 🙄.

Are those jerks still requiring pants? The outrage! I demand freedom for my naked butt to sit in a seat.

pbiflyer

• All American
« Reply #62 on: December 29, 2021, 09:36:02 PM »

Thanks for pointing out it isn’t like the common cold and masks are still required since Delta is still rampant.

MUDPT

• All American
« Reply #63 on: December 29, 2021, 09:42:19 PM »
No one cares, but I'm considering skipping the next few games.  I could really care less about getting COVID.  Even with a previous heart condition, I'm fully vaxxed and boosted and for someone like me, the symptoms will probably be pretty mild.  I am afraid that I would pick it up in a large crowd and miss work.  Our hospitals are at capacity and I need to be there for my co-workers.  The Fiserv rule does make me comfortable in attending games.

CountryRoads

• All American
« Reply #64 on: December 29, 2021, 09:43:55 PM »

MU82

• All American
« Reply #65 on: December 29, 2021, 09:47:37 PM »

It's hilarious that anyone thinks this COVID Theater at Fiserv accomplishes anything.  The cheap cloth masks do nothing. 

Good thing for you that you hate Marquette basketball, so you won’t even be tempted to go near the COVID Theater at Fiserv.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

JakeBarnes

• All American
« Reply #66 on: December 29, 2021, 10:17:39 PM »
No one cares, but I'm considering skipping the next few games.  I could really care less about getting COVID.  Even with a previous heart condition, I'm fully vaxxed and boosted and for someone like me, the symptoms will probably be pretty mild.  I am afraid that I would pick it up in a large crowd and miss work.  Our hospitals are at capacity and I need to be there for my co-workers.  The Fiserv rule does make me comfortable in attending games.

I am skipping my next game. We can't afford to get it as we're seeing immunocompromised family a week after to care for them post-surgery.

It's such a cluster. Shame people don't understand the social contract
Assume what I say should be in teal if it doesn't pass the smell test for you.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #67 on: December 29, 2021, 10:19:27 PM »
Are those jerks still requiring pants? The outrage! I demand freedom for my naked butt to sit in a seat.

Thank God you dropped those 75 lbs - your naked butt can now easily fit in one.

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #68 on: December 29, 2021, 10:42:45 PM »
Thanks for pointing out it isn’t like the common cold and masks are still required since Delta is still rampant.

Sure, so why weren't we masking at the start of the season?

PointWarrior

• All American
« Reply #69 on: December 29, 2021, 10:53:27 PM »
Surprise, nolonger is a dumb ass on multiple topics…

HOLY SH*T REALLY!  Obviously this means Covid isn’t really a thing!!!  I mean if your friend’s sister and her two family members had it and it wasn’t all that serious, then those people in the hospitals must be faking it or something!!!

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #70 on: December 29, 2021, 11:02:48 PM »
WEARING ANY MASK IS BETTER THAN NO MASK.

No kidding.

Someone said this in another thread but it's a point I hadn't considered before. I am so glad that seat belt laws are already in place. Can you imagine the comments if we tried to pass that in today's day and age? "Well a doctor in this article said that you could wear a seat belt and still die in a car accident. That means seat belts are useless!"
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #71 on: December 29, 2021, 11:07:31 PM »
So stupid. If you want to wear a mask, do it. If you want to stay home, great. Forcing people to wear a mask for no demonstrable benefit and without regard for their “status”… awful. #LastDays. (Ps if it’s that important then allow no fans and/or lose the concessions).
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

Billy Hoyle

• All American
  • Retire #34
« Reply #72 on: December 29, 2021, 11:30:56 PM »
Billy,

For the love of God, please read the articles you quote before claiming what they say. Nowhere in this article does it say "cloth masks are worthless" as you claim. Here's what it actually says:

We are all aware that cloth masks aren't as effective as N95s. That doesn't make them worthless. We can't supply everyone with N95s but we can give everyone cloth masks. They won't stop it from transmitting a 100% but they do help mitigate it.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/12/24/health/cloth-mask-omicron-variant-wellness/index.html

Ok, Dr. TAMU:

Cloth masks are little more than facial decorations. There's no place for them in light of Omicron," said CNN Medical Analyst Dr. Leana Wen, an emergency physician and visiting professor of health policy and management at the George Washington University Milken Institute School of Public Health, on CNN Newsroom Tuesday.

"This is what scientists and public health officials have been saying for months, many months, in fact," Wen added in a separate phone interview.

[/i]“We need to be promoting better high-quality masks everywhere, because right now a single-layer cloth mask just isn't cutting it against Omicron," said former US Surgeon General Dr. Jerome Adams. [/i]

We need to follow the lead of other nations like Austria who require real masks in public if we want to really stop this. They barely let the unvaccinated out in public.

Other countries, including Germany and Austria, have "switched their standard to say that a face covering in public must be at least a medical-grade surgical mask" in certain settings, she added.

“You either smoke or you get smoked. And you got smoked.”

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #73 on: December 29, 2021, 11:34:17 PM »
So stupid. If you want to wear a mask, do it. If you want to stay home, great. Forcing people to wear a mask for no demonstrable benefit and without regard for their “status”… awful. #LastDays. (Ps if it’s that important then allow no fans and/or lose the concessions).
This is true, if you ignore study after study that show the benefits.
#dumb
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #74 on: December 30, 2021, 05:16:55 AM »
It’s snowing in here
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.