[April 25, 2024, 09:43:05 PM]

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by Uncle Rico
[April 25, 2024, 05:51:25 PM]

Campus camp-out with cool flags? by FreewaysBurnerAccount
[April 25, 2024, 04:52:25 PM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole
[April 25, 2024, 02:51:03 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Masks at Fiserv Forum  (Read 26727 times)

#UnleashSean

• All American
Re: Masks at Fiserv Forum
« Reply #25 on: December 29, 2021, 05:56:36 PM »
I'd say a little fear mongering is going on considering all signs CURRENTLY point to omnicron being incredibly low deaths

tower912

• All American
« Reply #26 on: December 29, 2021, 05:58:06 PM »
And incredibly contagious.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #27 on: December 29, 2021, 06:00:32 PM »
And incredibly contagious.

So is the common cold. And that also mutates like crazy.

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
  • Facts don't care about your feelings!
« Reply #28 on: December 29, 2021, 06:04:11 PM »
They may as well with the awful ordering system for concessions.
Half of the stands looks closed. Order by an app. Weird.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2021, 06:08:13 PM by Mr. Nielsen »
If we are all thinking alike, we're not thinking at all. It's OK to disagree. Just don't be disagreeable.
-Bill Walton

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #29 on: December 29, 2021, 06:07:41 PM »
They may as well with the awful ordering system for concessions.

I've just gone straight up to vendors like normal

The Lens

• All American
« Reply #30 on: December 29, 2021, 06:08:01 PM »
We could wear 12 masks and it'd have jackshyte to do with that draconian policy at the VA. Especially if he's vaccinated, I'd direct some of that ire at them.

He’s double vaxxed and boosted and believe me I’ve been in constant contact with them and politicians who oversee the VA. 

My point is ppl complaining about their liberties being stepped on bc it having to wear a mask rings really hollow. 
The Teal Train has left the station and Lens is day drinking in the bar car.    ---- Dr. Blackheart

History is so valuable if you have the humility to learn from it.    ---- Shaka Smart

avid1010

• All American
« Reply #31 on: December 29, 2021, 06:31:44 PM »
I know, but the awful truth is that it comes at the expense of those who are actually responsible. I visited a friend—vaccinated and compliant—going through cancer treatment at a world-famous hospital, and he couldn’t get a room because of COVID patients. He had a makeshift area in the PICU (which is not even designed for what he has). While you can’t turn people away, you can certainly de-prioritize their care if they don’t prioritize their own health in such basic ways.
Spoke with a friend/doctor who is on the advising board for Aurora today...they are being forced to close urgent care clinics and he had to have a stroke patient flighted across the lake today to MI because they couldn't find a bed for him.  He said about 88% of those in the ICU for Covid are unvaccinated.  Makes me so angry and sad...can only imagine what it's like for the guy's family.

So yeah...if wearing a mask at fiserv might lead to one extra bed being open I'm good with it.  Beats the hell out of watching a friend tear up over the choices they are having to make in hospitals right now. 
« Last Edit: December 29, 2021, 06:39:22 PM by avid1010 »

MUeng

• All American
« Reply #32 on: December 29, 2021, 06:38:45 PM »
Flying in from Den and going to the game this Saturday, I love the rule. I hope Vax card required for entry too but probably won't happen. Of course covid doesn't exist in most of Wisc so I should be good!

Mu8891

• All American
« Reply #33 on: December 29, 2021, 06:39:37 PM »
Lens ... your post is dramatic and seems false or exaggerated

First ... Covid hit in March 2020 / not 19

Second... of course he could have seen people!  ( you’re telling me he could not sit outside/ or travel over this past summer.... when cases were near zero) ???

I appreciate his service.  Really
But what Fiserv is doing means nothing
And will not “ fix “ anything

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #34 on: December 29, 2021, 06:42:04 PM »
Flying in from Den and going to the game this Saturday, I love the rule. I hope Vax card required for entry too but probably won't happen. Of course covid doesn't exist in most of Wisc so I should be good!

Why not force vaccines and not need mask?

MUeng

• All American
« Reply #35 on: December 29, 2021, 06:46:41 PM »
Why not force vaccines and not need mask?
true. I wear one everyday at work, you kinda forget it's on, even though most are vaxxed. Not the new normal, it's just normal

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #36 on: December 29, 2021, 06:51:03 PM »
I'm going to be the guy that munches on popcorn all game to avoid having the mask over my face.  Or are they banning food and drink from the seating bowl now?

Ya don't hafta wair a mask wen ur smokin' ether, hey?

"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Billy Hoyle

• All American
  • Retire #34
« Reply #37 on: December 29, 2021, 06:54:46 PM »
Cloth masks are worthless against Omicron per Dr Lena Wen on CNN yesterday and the pasted article.  Will only N95 and KN95 masks be allowed? If not then the requirement is just virtue signaling.

https://www.npr.org/sections/health-shots/2021/12/23/1066871176/mask-n95-omicron-contagious
“You either smoke or you get smoked. And you got smoked.”

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #38 on: December 29, 2021, 06:58:26 PM »
Cloth masks are worthless against Omicron per Dr Lena Wen on CNN yesterday and the pasted article.  Will only N95 and KN95 masks be allowed? If not then the requirement is just virtue signaling.

https://www.npr.org/sections/health-shots/2021/12/23/1066871176/mask-n95-omicron-contagious

Most have said this for months and well before Omicron, including Osterholm.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #39 on: December 29, 2021, 06:59:35 PM »

That’s good to know.  I’ll wear one my N95 to Fiserv. 
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

Big Papi

• All American
« Reply #40 on: December 29, 2021, 07:19:55 PM »
Spoke with a friend/doctor who is on the advising board for Aurora today...they are being forced to close urgent care clinics and he had to have a stroke patient flighted across the lake today to MI because they couldn't find a bed for him.  He said about 88% of those in the ICU for Covid are unvaccinated.  Makes me so angry and sad...can only imagine what it's like for the guy's family.

So yeah...if wearing a mask at fiserv might lead to one extra bed being open I'm good with it.  Beats the hell out of watching a friend tear up over the choices they are having to make in hospitals right now.

Triage the unvaccinated to the bottom of the list.  Sorry no bed for you.  Maybe next time, if there is a next time, you will make a better choice.  In the meantime, if a bed opens up, we will be sure to give you a call.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #41 on: December 29, 2021, 07:26:17 PM »
So is the common cold. And that also mutates like crazy.

So we are now back to comparing Covid to the common cold.  ::)
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #42 on: December 29, 2021, 07:38:12 PM »
The common cold and the flu don’t overflow our hospitals. Which is the problem. We’ll eventually get to the point where it doesn’t. But people need to start taking some personal responsibility and show some concern for their neighbors to get there anytime soon. If we don’t (and we won’t, because…’Merica!) then we’ll be stuck in this for a while.

It’s embarrassing seeing children who wear their masks without any issues yet adults are too selfish and can’t “give up their freedoms.”
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #43 on: December 29, 2021, 07:44:27 PM »
The common cold and the flu don’t overflow our hospitals. Which is the problem. We’ll eventually get to the point where it doesn’t. But people need to start taking some personal responsibility and show some concern for their neighbors to get there anytime soon. If we don’t (and we won’t, because…’Merica!) then we’ll be stuck in this for a while.

It’s embarrassing seeing children who wear their masks without any issues yet adults are too selfish and can’t “give up their freedoms.”

What would Jesus do?

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #44 on: December 29, 2021, 07:45:55 PM »
But people need to start taking some personal responsibility and show some concern for their neighbors to get there anytime soon. If we don’t (and we won’t, because…’Merica!) then we’ll be stuck in this for a while.

Almost 80% of Americans have had at least one jab. Many, many of those stayed home, wore masks, made sacrifices. Hell, we were one of four families I know who had to can Christmas plans because of an exposure, and didn't want to put older/immunocompromised family members at risk.

But people need to *start* taking responsibility? We've been at this sh*t for 20 months and I don't blame anyone who is tired of constantly being told it's not enough.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #45 on: December 29, 2021, 07:48:39 PM »
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #46 on: December 29, 2021, 07:49:46 PM »
Almost 80% of Americans have had at least one jab. Many, many of those stayed home, wore masks, made sacrifices. Hell, we were one of four families I know who had to can Christmas plans because of an exposure, and didn't want to put older/immunocompromised family members at risk.

But people need to *start* taking responsibility? We've been at this sh*t for 20 months and I don't blame anyone who is tired of constantly being told it's not enough.

Folks like you aren’t the ones being asked to start taking responsibility.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

tower912

• All American
« Reply #47 on: December 29, 2021, 07:57:20 PM »

It's not enough.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #48 on: December 29, 2021, 08:09:08 PM »
WEARING ANY MASK IS BETTER THAN NO MASK.

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #49 on: December 29, 2021, 08:12:34 PM »

So we are now back to comparing Covid to the common cold.  ::)

Omnicron variant? Currently yes.