[April 25, 2024, 09:43:05 PM]

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by Uncle Rico
[April 25, 2024, 05:51:25 PM]

Campus camp-out with cool flags? by FreewaysBurnerAccount
[April 25, 2024, 04:52:25 PM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole
[April 25, 2024, 02:51:03 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: So, when does USA split up into different countries?  (Read 9281 times)

Galway Eagle

• All American
Re: So, when does USA split up into different countries?
« Reply #50 on: December 13, 2021, 12:01:22 PM »
As a final thought, Europe tried this a century ago. It was called city-states, or fiefdoms. How'd that work out?

Conversely the EU does this now and it's worked pretty great.
Maigh Eo for Sam

WellsstreetWanderer

• All American
« Reply #51 on: December 13, 2021, 12:22:21 PM »
Perfect deflection. Congrats.

The point is that slavery has been an abomination since the beginning of mankind and practiced since forever . i reject that  160 years later  slavery is the original sin of the United States . at the time of the Civil War <1% of the population owned other people. 
As I see it the schism today is between people who profess disdain for our nation and those who are  just trying to get along given the day to day tribulations.
I just try to stay in my lane and be a good human.

Have a Merry Christmas

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #52 on: December 13, 2021, 12:24:35 PM »
   The point is that slavery has been an abomination since the beginning of mankind and practiced since forever . i reject that  160 years later  slavery is the original sin of the United States . at the time of the Civil War <1% of the population owned other people. 
As I see it the schism today is between people who profess disdain for our nation and those who are  just trying to get along given the day to day tribulations.

Have a Merry Christmas
Agree, the anti-democratic forces trying to turn the country into an autocracy are a real menace.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #53 on: December 13, 2021, 12:24:48 PM »

Got all the talking points down I see.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #54 on: December 13, 2021, 12:30:11 PM »
Conversely the EU does this now and it's worked pretty great.

Really depends who you ask.  I know plenty of Europeans, especially business people, who have plenty of issues with the EU.  And its not just some xenophobic nonsense like with Brexit.  Wealthier/more developed countries carrying others for one.

Warriors4ever

• All American
« Reply #55 on: December 13, 2021, 12:30:55 PM »
< The important part would be keeping countries in a larger pact like the EU>
The EU is about a lot more than trade agreements. It has many rules about human rights, refugees, etc etc that the purported countries would find it difficult to agree on. No way would I in Yankeedom agree to the thinking of some of these other ‘countries’.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #56 on: December 13, 2021, 12:40:15 PM »
  82 How do you reconcile the thousands of Black and Native American slave owners fighting on the Confederate side?

They were traitors, too
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #57 on: December 13, 2021, 12:41:38 PM »
Really depends who you ask.  I know plenty of Europeans, especially business people, who have plenty of issues with the EU.  And its not just some xenophobic nonsense like with Brexit.  Wealthier/more developed countries carrying others for one.

Fair enough. But as seen from TAMU's point that's already happening in the USA. At least if we turned into our own version of that the various countries could govern in the manner that suits their population better. I think even those that are unhappy supporting lesser developed countries would admit that they'd take that over their 1st world city being pigeon held because a different culture hundred of miles away likes guns or because a bunch of Uber religious people want to impart their ethos on everyone.
Maigh Eo for Sam

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #58 on: December 13, 2021, 12:48:51 PM »
< The important part would be keeping countries in a larger pact like the EU>
The EU is about a lot more than trade agreements. It has many rules about human rights, refugees, etc etc that the purported countries would find it difficult to agree on. No way would I in Yankeedom agree to the thinking of some of these other ‘countries’.

I'd imagine that each nations constitution would be at its core pretty similar and likely the major changes would be for environmental regulations, education, healthcare, guns, death penalty, abortion and marriage rules. So I think human rights would be pretty similar but you're definitely correct about Refugees. Can't agree as a single country no way would we as individual countries
Maigh Eo for Sam

Warriors4ever

• All American
« Reply #59 on: December 13, 2021, 01:01:42 PM »
Galway, your list of major differences pretty much cover an awful lot of human rights.
Heck a lot of the states are differing on voting rights, so it’s not like they would agree on that most basic part of our system.

Billy Hoyle

• All American
  • Retire #34
« Reply #60 on: December 13, 2021, 01:10:12 PM »

Have a Merry Christmas

I don't think it's disdain for our nation as much as disdain for certain populations within America.  Case in point: I was at the MLS Cup final on Saturday. Before the match the PA the announcer said that MLS stood with and wanted to send prayers to those affected by the tornados in Kentucky, Tennessee, Missouri, and Arkansas. The Timbers Army, (which has become a far-left political performative organization instead of a fan group), booed the announcement. WTF? Certain populations cannot even have sympathy for people who have just suffered death and destruction because they come from states that vote a certain way (and this goes for right-wingers who mock those in states that experience earthquakes and other natural disasters too). We've lost our humanity when we start dancing and celebrating the tragedies of others because we think they vote a certain way.
“You either smoke or you get smoked. And you got smoked.”

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #61 on: December 13, 2021, 01:26:11 PM »
You should have a chat with Rand Paul.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

MUBurrow

• All American
« Reply #62 on: December 13, 2021, 01:27:17 PM »
  82 How do you reconcile the thousands of Black and Native American slave owners fighting on the Confederate side?

Wait you think this was because of how well-versed and passionate they were about state's rights?

MU82

• All American
« Reply #63 on: December 13, 2021, 01:46:12 PM »

Cool.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

dgies9156

• All American
« Reply #64 on: December 13, 2021, 01:48:06 PM »
Emigrating to Tennessee is never a solution to anything.

It was for my family. We moved there in 1961 and went to grade school and high school there. Left in 1974 to go to Marquette.

My Dad and Mom came back in 1980, somewhat begrudgingly, because Dad was named CEO of his company.

Tennessee’s transformation In the past 59 years has been amazing. Beautiful state that is becoming an economic powerhouse.

Billy Hoyle

• All American
  • Retire #34
« Reply #65 on: December 13, 2021, 02:09:23 PM »

Yep. At the formation of the EU there was "The Poor Four," of Greece, Spain, Portugal, and Spain (also called the "PIIGS" with Italy added). Those countries got huge cash infusions from the EU in 1992 which pissed off the wealthier countries.  Ireland was removed from that group during the Celtic Tiger period but when the tiger went four paws up their deficit was the largest in the world in terms of GDP and they were among the "PIIGS" again.

I always found it interesting how in Ireland EU flags and signs touting EU investment (especially for the Motorways) were everywhere whereas when I'd go to the UK there was barely any sign of EU membership.
“You either smoke or you get smoked. And you got smoked.”

Merit Matters

• Walk-On
« Reply #66 on: December 13, 2021, 03:51:58 PM »

Have a Merry Christmas
100% accurate. Just want to be left alone and not infringed on. Merry Christmas!
All Lives Matter

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #67 on: December 13, 2021, 03:54:48 PM »
Just want to be left alone and not infringed on.

This isn't even close to being realistic in today's world.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

lawdog77

• All American
« Reply #68 on: December 13, 2021, 04:12:54 PM »
Topics like this is what makes many people go out and by an armory of guns. Way to help the gun industry!

Merit Matters

• Walk-On
« Reply #69 on: December 13, 2021, 04:23:52 PM »
Topics like this is what makes many people go out and by an armory of guns. Way to help the gun industry!
Bingo, adding more each day. Collection is actually growing in value due to demand. Love it.
All Lives Matter

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #70 on: December 13, 2021, 04:30:32 PM »
Emigrating to Tennessee is never a solution to anything.

Except for the person emigrating
Have some patience, FFS.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #71 on: December 13, 2021, 04:34:48 PM »
Bingo, adding more each day. Collection is actually growing in value due to demand. Love it.

That’s a bad investment.  Biden is taking them.  It was on the news. 
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #72 on: December 13, 2021, 05:07:55 PM »
That’s a bad investment.  Biden is taking them.  It was on the news.

I heard he's giving them all to Obama.

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #73 on: December 13, 2021, 05:08:06 PM »
Packers/Pats would dominate the YFL.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #74 on: December 13, 2021, 05:14:31 PM »
Except for the person emigrating

Tennessee state ranking:

Education - 33rd
Health - 40th
Homicide - 42nd
Violent crime - 48th
Economy - 16th
Poverty - 42nd

Paradise on earth, I tell you.
Seriously, I'm sure Tennessee is lovely if you're a person of means. But doesn't seem so swell for the average person.

feedback