[Today at 08:17:02 PM]

2024 Mock Drafts by bilsu
[Today at 07:37:34 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Herman Cain
[Today at 05:04:53 PM]

NIL Future by MU82
[Today at 03:21:43 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Kohl hole o sole' mio  (Read 13675 times)

tower912

• All American
Kohl hole o sole' mio
« on: December 04, 2021, 01:30:27 PM »
1.   Hung tough for a half.  Eventually, enough mistakes that the deficit got a little too steep. 
2.  Kur.   You aren't a freshman.    Too many dumb fouls.    The team needs you on the floor, because...
3.   Osa is playing wonderfully on both ends.    But he simply can't play 15 straight minutes   Bigs wear out.   
4.   Kolek with some nice dimes.   (Osa says thanks).    But they have adjusted to him and his game.   He needs to make the next adjustment.   
5.   Morsell averaged under 10 ppg over 125 games at Maryland.    He had a hot start.   The team needed more from him when the game was still in doubt. 
6.   That Davis kid had a pretty good game.   
7.   There are more options and progressions in a high pick and roll dribble drive set.   I expect that as the season goes on, MU will start getting to them. 
8.  A young team had their first true road game in one of the toughest venues in all of America.    Sometimes the results match the paradigm.
9.   I have said for 6 months that for me this season is about the process, not the results.    Learning to play good teams on their floor is a very difficult part of that process.   It was a whuppin'.   The only thing to do now is learn from it.   
10.  38-2 still on the table. 
« Last Edit: December 04, 2021, 01:35:21 PM by tower912 »
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
Re: Kohl hole o sole' mio
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2021, 01:31:26 PM »
All about the journey.  Disappointing day
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

1318WWells

• Starter
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2021, 01:32:12 PM »
Should’ve worn the baby blues

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2021, 01:36:01 PM »
The bad:  Most of it

The good: 1st half Oso

Defense was ineffective, and offense isn't good enough to overcome their defense.  Sigh.  Learn and move on...

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2021, 01:36:26 PM »
Call me crazy and I know I'm spinning  but it's not actually a bad thing to get blasted for our first road game.  This team lost its poise and you could see it coming .  What most concerning was our defense in the 2nd half. I also think it's interesting that when the pace increased in tbe 2nd half you would have thought that was to our advantage.  The exact opposite was true.  Therefore, I'm wondering what the scoopers think about our tempo and matador press?  We gave up like 60 points in 20 mins to a team that doesn't exactly score like the GSW.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2021, 01:40:44 PM by MuggsyB »

tower912

• All American
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2021, 01:37:47 PM »
Muggsy,  a Shaka coached team is going to press.    A Nevada Smith coached team is going to play fast on offense.    Full stop.    This is what you are going to see the rest of the year.   
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2021, 01:41:00 PM »
I like what I am seeing from EE . Hope we can see more of him in future games .
Winning is overrated. The only time it is really important is in surgery and war.
                       ---Al McGuire

NolongerWarriors

• All American
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2021, 01:42:24 PM »
Call me crazy and I know I'm spinning  but it's not actually a bad thing to get blasted for our first road game.  This team lost its poise and you could see it coming .  What most concerning was our defense in the 2nd half. I also think it's interesting that when the pace increased in tbe 2nd half you would have thought that was to our advantage.  The exact opposite was true.  Therefore, I'm wondering what the scoopers think about our tempo and matador press?  We gave up like 60 points in 20 mins to a team that doesn't exactly score like the GSW.

That horrifically ineffective press will kill MU vs the good teams.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2021, 01:43:25 PM »
I guess I don’t know what people were expecting this year.  I think some people talked themselves into thinking that this team was going to be better than it is. We have too many true freshmen or players who are debuting with big minutes on the P6 level.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2021, 01:43:49 PM »
Muggsy,  a Shaka coached team is going to press.    A Nevada Smith coached team is going to play fast on offense.    Full stop.    This is what you are going to see the rest of the year.

Tower, did the pace of the game help us or hurt us in the 2nd half?  They basically scored every possession.  We gave up 56 points to Wisconsin.  What I'm saying is sometimes you have to adapt. 

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2021, 01:44:13 PM »
I guess I don’t know what people were expecting this year.  I think some people talked themselves into thinking that this team was going to be better than it is. We have too many true freshmen or players who are debuting with big minutes on the P6 level.

What if they had a leader like Brad Davison?
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #11 on: December 04, 2021, 01:45:17 PM »

I'd cheer for another team.

• All American
« Reply #12 on: December 04, 2021, 01:45:54 PM »

Gritty kid. Gym rat. Reminds me of Diener.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

NolongerWarriors

• All American
« Reply #13 on: December 04, 2021, 01:46:37 PM »

How was Johnny Davis as a true freshman?

Face it, Shaka did not recruit well (freshman or transfers).

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #14 on: December 04, 2021, 01:47:28 PM »

Here we go!

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #15 on: December 04, 2021, 01:47:43 PM »

This.

I figured this season would be a learning experience as players find their roles, learn the system, and grow together as a team.

Frankly, the early season was a surprise, with good wins against Illinois, Ole Miss, and WV. Yeah, this game sucked, but that is to be expected from a young team learning a system and their roles.

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #16 on: December 04, 2021, 01:48:14 PM »
My feeling was that once the lead ballooned Shaka sort of gave the game up. That was what disappointed me most.
Goal is National Championship

mileskishnish72

• All American
« Reply #17 on: December 04, 2021, 01:48:26 PM »
Lewis needs to sit each and every time he overdribbles. Six TO's today, which I think was actually kind. And as soon as he learns that lesson, Stevie is next.

Kur was basically taken out of the game. This officiating crew was abysmal. Time after time they called fouls after it was apparent that the  (WIS) shot was missed, not when the action occurred.

Good job by Oso but as Tower noted, no staying power.

Kudos to Kolek for the 8 dimes.

Gonna be a tough month, KSU becomes sort of a gotta have.

• All American
« Reply #18 on: December 04, 2021, 01:48:59 PM »

He was good, but inconsistent, and surrounded by upper-classmen with experience.

MarquetteFan94

• All American
« Reply #19 on: December 04, 2021, 01:49:04 PM »
That horrifically ineffective press will kill MU vs the good teams.
Was Illinois a good team? We forced 26 TOS.  Kofi’s not a ball handler so don’t even try it. You’re still a turd.

5DollarPitcher

• All American
« Reply #20 on: December 04, 2021, 01:49:38 PM »
We don’t look anything like the team that beat Ole Miss and West Virginia right now…

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #21 on: December 04, 2021, 01:49:54 PM »
I like what I am seeing from EE . Hope we can see more of him in future games .
Spamming with this? And not really he is ok but lots of players ahead of him right now.
Goal is National Championship

• All American
« Reply #22 on: December 04, 2021, 01:50:33 PM »
We don’t look anything like the team that beat Ole Miss and West Virginia right now…

Wisconsin is better than both. Especially at home.

NolongerWarriors

• All American
« Reply #23 on: December 04, 2021, 01:51:57 PM »
Was Illinois a good team? We forced 26 TOS.  Kofi’s not a ball handler so don’t even try it. You’re still a turd.

At the end of the year, you'll still be heralding that one single game.

That's fine, because it will be the only bright spot in the season.

mileskishnish72

• All American
« Reply #24 on: December 04, 2021, 01:53:05 PM »
And I forgot to mention - Morsell might have been the B10 defensive player of the year, but not today.