[Today at 06:25:51 PM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by MU82
[Today at 04:38:12 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Uncle Rico
[Today at 04:09:20 PM]

Best case scenarios by Hards Alumni
[Today at 01:41:30 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Kohl hole o sole' mio  (Read 13706 times)

goldeneagle91114

• All American
Re: Kohl hole o sole' mio
« Reply #25 on: December 04, 2021, 01:53:09 PM »
How was Johnny Davis as a true freshman?

Face it, Shaka did not recruit well (freshman or transfers).

This is a bold statement that I can’t wait to revisit in 2 years.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #26 on: December 04, 2021, 01:54:19 PM »

He won’t be posting here in two years
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

mileskishnish72

• All American
« Reply #27 on: December 04, 2021, 01:54:35 PM »
I'd cheer for another team.

Good one, Zig.

nyg

• All American
« Reply #28 on: December 04, 2021, 01:55:01 PM »
Spamming with this? And not really he is ok but lots of players ahead of him right now.

Hermie gets infatuated with certain players, past examples: Duane Wilson and JJJ.  His infacuation of Ellis goes back to us hearing how Hermie reviewed Ellis's football tapes, etc. and it has been a constant since.  Next will be love his energy, attitude, etc. while he is on bench.  Ellis is very raw and is trying too hard when he gets in the game.  Wish him well though.

MarquetteFan94

• All American
« Reply #29 on: December 04, 2021, 01:56:40 PM »
At the end of the year, you'll still be heralding that one single game.

That's fine, because it will be the only bright spot in the season.
You’re a miserable human being. Guess you think we should be 9-0 at this stage?  With 10 freshman and 3 returning players?

7-2 start and 1-2 against Top 25 at this point is outstanding by any measure and expectation:

Bet you were unhappy after the IL win bc you thought we should’ve won by more, huh?

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #30 on: December 04, 2021, 01:56:53 PM »
Look, the bottom line this team has a relatively low margin for error on the offensive end.  When we're missing shots we don't have that guy that can take over.  Therefore, in order to play with any consistency, we're going to have to find a way to play 40 mins of solid defense. 

Our transition defense has at times been a complete disaster .  We also have gotten our press shredded which results in teams getting good shots.  I understand Shaka has a style but I'm not sure we have the personnel to go balls to the wall with that philosophy.  The increased pace in this game led to a Whisky team dropping 56 points in 20 mins.  We had many unforced turns, quick shots, and were primarily on skates the entire 2nd half vs a team molasses slow.  We picked up tons of cheap fouls as well.  We simply have to do a better job controlling the game defensively if we're going to reach our ceiling imo.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2021, 01:58:57 PM by MuggsyB »

curbina

• Starter
« Reply #31 on: December 04, 2021, 01:58:08 PM »
I guess I don’t know what people were expecting this year.  I think some people talked themselves into thinking that this team was going to be better than it is. We have too many true freshmen or players who are debuting with big minutes on the P6 level.

Agree
“You will never reach your destination if you stop and throw stones at every dog that barks.”
- Winston S. Churchill

tower912

• All American
« Reply #32 on: December 04, 2021, 01:59:53 PM »
Yeah, that guy who only shows up after losses can be really annoying.   That guy actively rooting for a MU coach to fail can be a real pain in the tush.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2021, 03:06:55 PM by tower912 »
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

NolongerWarriors

• All American
« Reply #33 on: December 04, 2021, 01:59:58 PM »

Don't like the shooting form on any of the players.  And as we've seen on MU teams previously, that's not an easy thing to correct.

Most of the misses aren't even close.  Badgers had many rimming in and out in the first half and those fell later on.

5DollarPitcher

• All American
« Reply #34 on: December 04, 2021, 02:01:49 PM »
Yeah, that guy who only shows up after losses can be really annoying.   That guy actively rooting for a MU coach to fail can be a real pain is the tush.
At least I gave it 2 full years before I jumped into the swamp. 8 games is a record I can’t even match.

MarquetteFan94

• All American
« Reply #35 on: December 04, 2021, 02:01:53 PM »
Don't like the shooting form on any of the players.  And as we've seen on MU teams previously, that's not an easy thing to correct.

Most of the misses aren't even close.  Badgers had many rimming in and out in the first half and those fell later on.
This is fun. So you’d feel better if our misses were rimming out? Got it.

NolongerWarriors

• All American
« Reply #36 on: December 04, 2021, 02:04:39 PM »
You’re a miserable human being. Guess you think we should be 9-0 at this stage?  With 10 freshman and 3 returning players?

7-2 start and 1-2 against Top 25 at this point is outstanding by any measure and expectation:

Bet you were unhappy after the IL win bc you thought we should’ve won by more, huh?

No, the IL win was great.  And they beat who they should have beat.  But looking at the players individually, they weren't impressive at all overall, imo.  The record was better than the talent.  And I can't see them succeeding trying to press when that press is godawful and gets zero turnovers.

Big East season is coming and I can't see winning much with poor defense and guys that flat-out cannot shoot.

NolongerWarriors

• All American
« Reply #37 on: December 04, 2021, 02:07:48 PM »
This is fun. So you’d feel better if our misses were rimming out? Got it.

Yes, I would have felt better if those 3 pt shots were close rather than bricks that clanged off the side of the rim. 

PointWarrior

• All American
« Reply #38 on: December 04, 2021, 02:09:13 PM »
Please explain Morsell:

First 4 games, 22.5 pts/game
Last 5 games, 8.6 pts/game

MarquetteFan94

• All American
« Reply #39 on: December 04, 2021, 02:09:55 PM »
No, the IL win was great.  And they beat who they should have beat.  But looking at the players individually, they weren't impressive at all overall, imo.  The record was better than the talent.  And I can't see them succeeding trying to press when that press is godawful and gets zero turnovers.

Big East season is coming and I can't see winning much with poor defense and guys that flat-out cannot shoot.
It’s becoming clear you are not watching the games. 

So Morsell didn’t play well against IL?

WVU is another quality win.

Go be miserable, you must be a blast to hang with.

MarquetteFan94

• All American
« Reply #40 on: December 04, 2021, 02:10:39 PM »
Yes, I would have felt better if those 3 pt shots were close rather than bricks that clanged off the side of the rim.
Would you have though?

Johnny B

• All American
« Reply #41 on: December 04, 2021, 02:12:12 PM »
Please explain Morsell:

guy just fell off a cliff. idk what happened. ppl say it was just a hot streak but i think thats a bit to myopic. he had the ball way more in those first games. he looked very cool and confident out there. now he looks rattled with it and doesnt try to much anymore

tower912

• All American
« Reply #42 on: December 04, 2021, 02:13:24 PM »
Please explain Morsell:

1.  Look at his body of work at Maryland.
2.  There is tape of him now at MU and coaches make defensive adjustments.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

GB Warrior

• All American
« Reply #43 on: December 04, 2021, 02:15:52 PM »
Morsell is who he is, and there aren't enough shooters on the roster to force guys to play off of him. Our offense feels extremely forced all around.

curbina

• Starter
« Reply #44 on: December 04, 2021, 02:18:31 PM »
Today, WI was red-hot and playing on their home court. First time they shot lights out three pointers all year. MU shooting was stone cold and playing on the road. WI will not continue this hot streak and MU will not continue their cold streak. There be days like this, it is just life. We will move on and things will be just fine.
“You will never reach your destination if you stop and throw stones at every dog that barks.”
- Winston S. Churchill

nyg

• All American
« Reply #45 on: December 04, 2021, 02:22:56 PM »

The Illinois win was great, but remember they played without a potential First Team All American.  Since his return Cockburn has been a beast averaging 24 points and 11 rebounds a game.

Remember what Tower has stated at least a hundred times, its a "Process". The process may not be what everyone wants at this point, but it is what it is.  MU may lose the next five after what we observed today, against a very disciplined Wiskey team and the BE win totals may be very low.   UCLA will absolutely destroy MU next week. 

MU will win or lose with Shaka's system of aggressive defense (led to too many layups on full court press today), run and gun offense/tempo.  The personnel he has now, utilizes the system on occasions, but against better teams it is a let"s see approach.  Markus and Rowsey are not here to make the threes required in his offensive sets. Cam Jones and Joplin are only ones seemed capable and it will take awhile for them settling in. Team will be sometimes good, sometimes bad, but may be a long season.

Shaka's success will be based upon who comes in next year and as of now, his start is very, very slow.  Morsell, Kuath, Elliott and in all likelihood Lewis will be gone.  Throw in the usual player who transfers and all you got coming in are two recruits, one a 5ft 10 point guard, both of whom are not even ranked in the top 150 in their class.  Maybe he will get some players from the transfer portal, but that is a way off.  Lets hope for the best.

JakeBarnes

• All American
« Reply #46 on: December 04, 2021, 02:28:08 PM »
I like what I am seeing from EE . Hope we can see more of him in future games .

This is one of my takeaways from the week.
Assume what I say should be in teal if it doesn't pass the smell test for you.

Bo Ryan's Massage Therapist

• Team Captain
« Reply #47 on: December 04, 2021, 02:52:26 PM »
Please explain Morsell:

He's pretty banged up right now playing through an injury
“If a player leaves Marquette and doesn’t have some of my blood in him, then I don’t think I’ve done a good job.”  Al McGuire

goldeneagle91114

• All American
« Reply #48 on: December 04, 2021, 02:54:06 PM »
He's pretty banged up right now playing through an injury

Did I miss this? Has the team made reference to what/how he got injured?

NickelDimer

• All American
« Reply #49 on: December 04, 2021, 03:00:38 PM »
At the end of the year, you'll still be heralding that one single game.

That's fine, because it will be the only bright spot in the season.
Your clear bias destroys any credibility you had. You’re pretty sad honestly
No Finish Line