collapse

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Omicron variant  (Read 30725 times)

pacearrow02

• Starter
Re: Omicron variant
« Reply #250 on: December 31, 2021, 12:51:51 PM »
What are your thoughts on folks saying we're severely undercounting deaths from covid?

From or with?  I think they’re wrong if they believe “from” is undercounted but undoubtedly right on undercounted “with” especially in 2020.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #251 on: December 31, 2021, 01:05:51 PM »
From or with?  I think they’re wrong if they believe “from” is undercounted but undoubtedly right on undercounted “with” especially in 2020.

Lulz

Billy Hoyle

• All American
  • Retire #34
« Reply #252 on: January 01, 2022, 09:28:39 PM »
Quebec has implemented and using police to enforce a 10 pm to 5 am curfew. Apparently Omnicron does not spread at night. Baby steps…
“You either smoke or you get smoked. And you got smoked.”

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #253 on: January 01, 2022, 11:50:32 PM »
Quebec has implemented and using police to enforce a 10 pm to 5 am curfew. Apparently Omnicron does not spread at night. Baby steps…

Heaven forbid a place take steps to stem the spread of Covid at a peak. It won’t stop every spread of Covid in Montreal, but tried to remove a scenario where people are in indoor spaces, tightly packed, and inhibitions lowered.

It is crazy to me people think if a policy is enacted that doesn’t stop every Covid case, it is useless.

Billy Hoyle

• All American
  • Retire #34
« Reply #254 on: January 02, 2022, 01:09:28 PM »
Heaven forbid a place take steps to stem the spread of Covid at a peak. It won’t stop every spread of Covid in Montreal, but tried to remove a scenario where people are in indoor spaces, tightly packed, and inhibitions lowered.

It is crazy to me people think if a policy is enacted that doesn’t stop every Covid case, it is useless.

How does ticketing and even arresting people walking their dogs at 11 pm stop COVID but it’s ok to walk the dog at 9:45 pm? COVID only spreads after 10 pm in Quebec, I guess.

Maybe it’s the same strain that only spread when one exercised outside for more than an hour a day and went running more than 3 miles from your home in Victoria, AU.  55 minutes and 2.5 miles, no spread. At least we have a virus that is pretty disciplined.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2022, 01:18:01 PM by Billy Hoyle »
“You either smoke or you get smoked. And you got smoked.”

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #255 on: January 02, 2022, 01:39:43 PM »
Looks like they are adjusting to allow for an exception to dog owners. Also, no one has been issued a ticket for walking their dog. So you can rest easy.

https://apple.news/Ajz89WNHuR9-sXPB0Z8N53g

If this is their best way to limit people gathering in large groups and indoors, then I’m glad they are trying something. Will this stop all spread? Of course not. But if it can help mitigate the number of cases to give the hospitals some slack, then I think it’s worth a shot.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #256 on: January 02, 2022, 01:50:06 PM »
Looks like they are adjusting to allow for an exception to dog owners. Also, no one has been issued a ticket for walking their dog. So you can rest easy.

https://apple.news/Ajz89WNHuR9-sXPB0Z8N53g

If this is their best way to limit people gathering in large groups and indoors, then I’m glad they are trying something. Will this stop all spread? Of course not. But if it can help mitigate the number of cases to give the hospitals some slack, then I think it’s worth a shot.

Then just cap bars and restaurants with certain hours.  When I was in Belgium when Omicron hit, bars and restaurants had a hard close at 11. Not the most fun, but reasonable and justified.  Blanket curfews just seem excessively draconian and “look at how staunch we are!” security theater.

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #257 on: January 02, 2022, 02:31:50 PM »
The Mayo Clinic is now requiring all patients and visitors to wear N95's because of Omicron.  This is why I was saying cloth masks at Fiserv are minimal protection if any.  But as more data is accumulated it seems as though Omicron is far less serious than Delta despite being much more contagious.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #258 on: January 02, 2022, 02:56:35 PM »
The Mayo Clinic is now requiring all patients and visitors to wear N95's because of Omicron.  This is why I was saying cloth masks at Fiserv are minimal protection if any.  But as more data is accumulated it seems as though Omicron is far less serious than Delta despite being much more contagious.

Again because if you can’t do everything possible, you may as well do nothing.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

pacearrow02

• Starter
« Reply #259 on: January 02, 2022, 03:13:23 PM »
Again because if you can’t do everything possible, you may as well do nothing.

I was at the game yesterday.  80% of the folks I saw where wearing cloth masks.  Which does absolutely nothing for you or the people around you so it’s ink thing more then theater.  Scotty G was on the morning shows today saying a cloth mask does nothing since Covid is airborne. 

I remember saying that awhile back and then getting “dunked” on by a handful of know it all scoopers who talk a lot but more often then not have no idea what they’re talking about.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #260 on: January 02, 2022, 03:21:08 PM »
I was at the game yesterday.  80% of the folks I saw where wearing cloth masks.  Which does absolutely nothing for you or the people around you so it’s ink thing more then theater.  Scotty G was on the morning shows today saying a cloth mask does nothing since Covid is airborne. 

I remember saying that awhile back and then getting “dunked” on by a handful of know it all scoopers who talk a lot but more often then not have no idea what they’re talking about.

Unlike you
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

• All American
« Reply #261 on: January 02, 2022, 03:21:11 PM »

Cloth masks help. Are they perfect?  Nope. Are they better than N95s? Nope. But are they more than “theatre?”  Yep.

You would think being consistently wrong (remember Sweden?) would cause you to question your continued Covid takes, but I guess not.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #262 on: January 02, 2022, 03:23:38 PM »
Scotty G was on the morning shows today saying a cloth mask does nothing since Covid is airborne. 

Fake news.

"Cloth masks aren't going to provide a lot of protection, that's the bottom line"
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/full-transcript-dr-scott-gottlieb-face-the-nation-january-2-2022/

pacearrow02

• Starter
« Reply #263 on: January 02, 2022, 03:31:58 PM »
https://twitter.com/VPrasadMDMPH/status/1477707606135226372

The science is settled.  Safe and effective they say.

Again just as a reminder.  Im double poked, believe anyone who wants to get it should get it and I encourage my family and friends to do it (had to talk my wife into it).  However mandating something we are still learning about is insane.

pacearrow02

• Starter
« Reply #264 on: January 02, 2022, 03:34:49 PM »
Fake news.

"Cloth masks aren't going to provide a lot of protection, that's the bottom line"
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/full-transcript-dr-scott-gottlieb-face-the-nation-january-2-2022/

"Cloth masks are little more than facial decorations. There's no place for them in light of Omicron," said CNN Medical Analyst Dr. Leana Wen, an emergency physician and visiting professor of health policy and management at the George Washington University Milken Institute School of Public Health, on CNN Newsroom Tuesday.

Facial decorations Rocky.  At least Tower admitted awhile back that this is why he likes wearing his to hide his chubby face or something along those lines. 

Ive never seen a kid in school wear anything other then a cloth mask so good thing we had them doing that for the better part of 18 months. 

• All American
« Reply #265 on: January 02, 2022, 03:35:55 PM »
https://twitter.com/VPrasadMDMPH/status/1477707606135226372

The science is settled.  Safe and effective they say.

Again just as a reminder.  Im double poked, believe anyone who wants to get it should get it and I encourage my family and friends to do it (had to talk my wife into it).  However mandating something we are still learning about is insane.

Congrats.  You've found someone as big of a quack as you are.

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #266 on: January 02, 2022, 03:39:04 PM »

Right, plus he was putting words in Scott G's mouth.  I mean, if you have to lie to make your point...

pacearrow02

• Starter
« Reply #267 on: January 02, 2022, 03:39:53 PM »

Who these people?

Katie A Sharff MD a
, David M Dancoes b, Jodi L Longueil PharmD c, Eric S Johnson PhD b
, Paul F Lewis MD,
MPHd
a
 Department of Infectious Diseases, Kaiser Permanente Northwest, Portland, Oregon; b Department of
Analytics, Kaiser Permanente Northwest, Portland, Oregon; c Division of Pharmacy, Kaiser Permanente
Northwest, Portland, Oregon; d
 Department of Pediatrics, Kaiser Permanente Northwest, Portland

pacearrow02

• Starter
« Reply #268 on: January 02, 2022, 03:41:22 PM »
Right, plus he was putting words in Scott G's mouth.  I mean, if you have to lie to make your point...

Goodness.  Can lead a horse to water....

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #269 on: January 02, 2022, 03:43:14 PM »
Goodness.  Can lead a horse to water....

I'm not debating any point your making, just pointing out your lies.

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #270 on: January 02, 2022, 03:45:51 PM »

Cloth masks help. Are they perfect?  Nope. Are they better than N95s? Nope. But are they more than “theatre?”  Yep.

You would think being consistently wrong (remember Sweden?) would cause you to question your continued Covid takes, but I guess not.

Yep

Here's a list of approved surgical masks based on FDA testing. There's a lot more than just N95/KN95

"The table below includes a list of surgical masks authorized by this Umbrella EUA for emergency use during the COVID-19 public health emergency."

https://www.fda.gov/medical-devices/coronavirus-disease-2019-covid-19-emergency-use-authorizations-medical-devices/personal-protective-equipment-euas#appendixa

pacearrow02

• Starter
« Reply #271 on: January 02, 2022, 03:46:03 PM »
I'm not debating any point your making, just pointing out your lies.

Sorry for not quoting him exactly but I think you're smart enough to now know (took you awhile) that a cloth mask is not going to do a thing in stopping the spread of Covid.  So if Fiserv, schools, businesses etc want to implement mask mandates they should at least require surgical masks otherwise it's little more then Covid theater.  Right??

pacearrow02

• Starter
« Reply #272 on: January 02, 2022, 03:47:43 PM »

They are not more then theatre.  Sweden continues to do very well in their Covid approach, you should take another look.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #273 on: January 02, 2022, 03:48:33 PM »
Sorry for not quoting him exactly but I think you're smart enough to now know (took you awhile) that a cloth mask is not going to do a thing in stopping the spread of Covid.  So if Fiserv, schools, businesses etc want to implement mask mandates they should at least require surgical masks otherwise it's little more then Covid theater.  Right??

I’m sure Rocky will let those businesses know and they’ll change their policies you unserious dolt
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

• All American
« Reply #274 on: January 02, 2022, 03:49:13 PM »
Who these people?

Katie A Sharff MD a
, David M Dancoes b, Jodi L Longueil PharmD c, Eric S Johnson PhD b
, Paul F Lewis MD,
MPHd
a
 Department of Infectious Diseases, Kaiser Permanente Northwest, Portland, Oregon; b Department of
Analytics, Kaiser Permanente Northwest, Portland, Oregon; c Division of Pharmacy, Kaiser Permanente
Northwest, Portland, Oregon; d
 Department of Pediatrics, Kaiser Permanente Northwest, Portland

No.  The cancer doctor tweeting conclusions that mislead the community and lapdogs like yourself.

If you read the study, this was already known.  It was reported in Israel.  But Covid is a much greater risk for mytocarditis than vaccination.

https://www.newscientist.com/article/mg25133462-800-myocarditis-is-more-common-after-covid-19-infection-than-vaccination/

feedback