[Today at 10:37:58 AM]

Where is Marquette? by Scoop Snoop
[Today at 10:10:34 AM]

Are we still recruiting anyone for the 24-25 season. by tower912
[Today at 09:58:46 AM]

2024 Coaching Carousel by Viper
[Today at 09:52:10 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Waukesha Christmas Parade  (Read 22098 times)

Goose

• All American
Re: Waukesha Christmas Parade
« Reply #275 on: November 26, 2021, 07:06:27 AM »
hairy

Some on here do not realize, or maybe care, that some scoopers were affected directly or indirectly from the tragedy. I am also sick over this and cannot believe their is any debate on the topic.
Prayers to your friends that were injured. Hope they have a speedy recovery.

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
  • "Private message me coward" - panda
« Reply #276 on: November 26, 2021, 07:07:22 AM »
hairy

Fluff has become the scoop tough guy and getting a straight answer is not going to happen. The Waukesha tragedy was horrible event and only an idiot could argue that.

Getting a straight answer on what?  I just can't imagine being so obsessed about "the media" that you get upset about the word choices they use.  And no one is arguing it isn't tragic.  What kind of strawman is that?

The whole thing makes me sad and debating it on here has made things worse for me.

Then don't.  Again, Scoop isn't a requirement.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #277 on: November 26, 2021, 07:52:25 AM »
You mean like, let's say, a white 17 year old complaining about looters and rioters, and how he wish he had an AR-15 so he could shoot them, then going out and getting an AR-15, going to a protest/riot and shooting them.

The Waukesha killer is evil. Let him rot in prison. No reason to create agendas around this, especially ones not supported by evidence/history.

Kyle Rittenhouse said he wished he had an AR 15 so he could shoot looters and rioters? I call BS - if not, source please.

But you actually make my point. On one hand, you have a kid accused of being a white supremicist by every news outlet other than Fox and by politicians everywhere (including our great Uniter president) without any evidence. And lots of “facts” about the case repeated ad nauseum about the incident proved totally false. The president’s and the media’s response when called out on their lies and misstatements of facts? Mostly crickets. Because the facts don’t matter. Kyle Rittenhouse fit the narrative and was a useful bogeyman.

On the other hand, you have a black perp with a history of using a car as a weapon who (in his own words) is angry about the Rittenhouse verdict and wants to “F up” old white people. Then he mows down a bunch of old white people (some young ones too for good measure) with his car. But these facts don’t speak to motive. We have to hear it (again) from him or else we’re jumping to conclusions.

If you don’t see a double standard and unfair treatment here you’re just being willfully ignorant.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #278 on: November 26, 2021, 07:58:17 AM »
Kyle Rittenhouse said he wished he had an AR 15 so he could shoot looters and rioters? I call BS - if not, source please.

https://www.jsonline.com/story/news/crime/2021/08/18/prosecutors-want-names-all-donors-kyle-rittenhouse-legal-defense/8188090002/

https://youtu.be/l3B_tpccOnw

But you actually make my point. On one hand, you have a kid accused of being a white supremicist by every news outlet other than Fox and by politicians everywhere (including our great Uniter president) without any evidence.

Every news outlet except Fox called him a white supremicist? I call BS- if not, source please.

The rest is a sad, desperate attempt to create a narrative that doesn't exist.

Uncle Rico

• All American
« Reply #279 on: November 26, 2021, 08:00:03 AM »
Don’t care about the media.  Do care this guy gets the maximum sentence and the people raising money for the victims get a lot of support and help lessen the burden on the victims of this senseless act of violence
“This is bar none atrocious.  Mitchell cannot shoot either.  What a pile of dung”

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
« Reply #280 on: November 26, 2021, 08:09:42 AM »
Lenny's accuses others of being "willfully ignorant" yet routinely ignores evidence presented that causes his narratives to fall apart.

I'd be surprised but I'm really not.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Marquette Fan

• Team Captain
« Reply #281 on: November 26, 2021, 08:40:37 AM »
Don’t care about the media.  Do care this guy gets the maximum sentence and the people raising money for the victims get a lot of support and help lessen the burden on the victims of this senseless act of violence

Well said.  I'm not sure if it's been mentioned in here already but it was great to hear how crowded the 3 Culver's stores in Waukesha were on Wednesday.  The Culver's on Sunset and Main gave 50% of their profits from the day to the United Way fund for the parade victims and the Culver's on Grandview gave 50% of their profits from the day to the Waukesha Xtreme Dance team.  Kudos to the community for going to Culver's to support the parade victims and their families.

And there are plenty of other fundraisers happening also of course.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #282 on: November 26, 2021, 08:46:48 AM »

Yes.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Lighthouse 84

• All American
« Reply #283 on: November 26, 2021, 09:23:52 AM »
Well said.  I'm not sure if it's been mentioned in here already but it was great to hear how crowded the 3 Culver's stores in Waukesha were on Wednesday.  The Culver's on Sunset and Main gave 50% of their profits from the day to the United Way fund for the parade victims and the Culver's on Grandview gave 50% of their profits from the day to the Waukesha Xtreme Dance team.  Kudos to the community for going to Culver's to support the parade victims and their families.

And there are plenty of other fundraisers happening also of course.
And the two Jersey Mikes in Waukesha donated 100% of sales Wednesday to community relief efforts for parade victims.  North of $18,000.
HILLTOP SENIOR SURVEY from 1984 Yearbook: 
Favorite Drinking Establishment:

1. The Avalanche.              7. Major Goolsby's.
2. The Gym.                      8. Park Avenue.
3. The Ardmore.                 9. Mugrack.
4. O'Donohues.                 10. Lighthouse.
5. O'Pagets.
6. Hagerty's.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #284 on: November 26, 2021, 09:35:58 AM »
Two thoughts...

The use of the word accident is incorrect, but paid professionals refer to pretty much any car collision as "accidents" all the time. I have written a ton of reports on car collisions and it was only through deliberate and thoughtful action that I broke myself of that habit. I did so because the use of accident automatically implies a motive that I couldn't possibly know. Now one of my duties is reviewing reports of hundreds of professionals that write reports at such incidents and the word accident is pretty much ubiquitous with collision. It's wrong, but getting upset about that is silly because 99% of our society uses the words synonymously.

Second, while Jack Posobiec is the worst kind of human filth, when people dismiss his videos simply because of the source, you're kind of proving CountryRoads' point.

Disagree 100%.  The video that those folks were reacting to exists, and there is no reason to post the version of them reacting.  I'm going to dismiss every video with Jack Posobiac on its face because any information he attempts to bring to a conversation he taints.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #285 on: November 26, 2021, 10:29:23 AM »

Stories like this are covered a few days by the National outlets and then they move on. They’ll be back when there is a trial or he pleads.

Really lacking perspective if people think “the media” is pushing an agenda here.
Because there will be another mass killing to take its place.

Viva la America
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #286 on: November 26, 2021, 11:27:57 AM »

https://youtu.be/l3B_tpccOnw

Wow. Somehow, I hadn't heard that before. Using the definition some are giving here, that's a sign of a premeditated act that Rittenhouse then fulfilled, and he should have gone away for murder.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #287 on: November 26, 2021, 11:40:19 AM »
Wow. Somehow, I hadn't heard that before. Using the definition some are giving here, that's a sign of a premeditated act that Rittenhouse then fulfilled, and he should have gone away for murder.

Yeah, people are twisting themselves into pretzels to try to fit their agenda.

Just as bad as “the media” is, it appears.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

CountryRoads

• All American
« Reply #288 on: November 26, 2021, 11:42:42 AM »

I thought it was a pretty controversial decision not to allow that video to be part of the evidence. Although, I believe there are similar pieces of evidence that are typically excluded from murder trials that relate to the defendant or victim’s character.

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #289 on: November 26, 2021, 11:43:18 AM »

The judge refused to allow the prosecution from showing the video, and forbid any questioning that may at all reference it.

It was one of the reasons the judge got angry with the prosecution in that they asked a questions regarding why he wanted an AR15 and what he wanted to do to rioters/looters.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #290 on: November 26, 2021, 12:27:11 PM »
[quote author=Pakuni

Every news outlet except Fox called him a white supremicist? I call BS- if not, source please.

[/quote]

https://thehill.com/opinion/civil-rights/582816-will-media-portrayals-of-rittenhouse-lead-to-another-day-in-court

Apologize for “every” - that’s almost always an overstatement. But do you honestly think the MSM played this even handedly and down the middle? We’ll see when the lawsuits starts, but my guess is that Kyle Rittenhouse is going to be a very wealthy young man. And it won’t be because of misguided folks on the right making him a hero - though I’m sure there’s plenty of that. It will be due to misguided folks on the left who didn’t let the facts get into the way of a picture they wanted to paint.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #291 on: November 26, 2021, 12:31:01 PM »
[quote author=Pakuni

https://thehill.com/opinion/civil-rights/582816-will-media-portrayals-of-rittenhouse-lead-to-another-day-in-court

Apologize for “every” - that’s almost always an overstatement. But do you honestly think the MSM played this even handedly and down the middle? We’ll see when the lawsuits starts, but my guess is that Kyle Rittenhouse is going to be a very wealthy young man. And it won’t be because of misguided folks on the right making him a hero - though I’m sure there’s plenty of that. It will be due to misguided folks on the left who didn’t let the facts get into the way of a picture they wanted to paint.

Thoughts on the video your hero saying he wants to go get his AR15 to shoot rioters? Just the media pushing a narrative?
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

🏀

• All American
« Reply #292 on: November 26, 2021, 12:31:37 PM »
One would hope Kyle let’s it go, he’s not winning civil suits from all the victims.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #293 on: November 26, 2021, 12:38:41 PM »
[quote author=Pakuni

I'm no trial expert, but I know rules for defamation trials are quite different than for murder trials. Will the media outlets that Rittenhouse sues be allowed to demonstrate Rittenhouse's state of mind, including by showing a video in which he said he wished he had a bleeping AR so he could start shooting people? I guess we'll see.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #294 on: November 26, 2021, 12:40:51 PM »
Take the rittenhouse agenda to another locked thread and let's keep thread focus on waukesha, please.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #295 on: November 26, 2021, 01:50:54 PM »
Thoughts on the video your hero saying he wants to go get his AR15 to shoot rioters? Just the media pushing a narrative?

My hero? LOL. Dishonest as usual.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #296 on: November 26, 2021, 01:53:18 PM »
I'm no trial expert, but… I guess we'll see.

Yes we will.

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
« Reply #297 on: November 26, 2021, 01:58:58 PM »
My hero? LOL. Dishonest as usual.

You’ve been dishonest this entire topic so…

Uncle Rico

• All American
« Reply #298 on: November 26, 2021, 02:00:03 PM »
Rittenhouse drove the media over his car
“This is bar none atrocious.  Mitchell cannot shoot either.  What a pile of dung”

MU82

• All American
« Reply #299 on: November 26, 2021, 02:02:51 PM »
Yes we will.

I am curious though, Lenny ...

You believe the Waukesha murderer leaves no doubt -- he said he wanted to kill old white people and dammit if he didn't kill old white people. He leaves no doubt for me, either. He made his state of mind and intentions very clear, he carried out his intentions, and he deserves to rot in prison for the rest of his life.

But Rittenhouse saying he wished he had his bleeping assault rifle so he could start shooting people ... and then actually going out and shooting people with his assault rifle ... that doesn't go toward his state of mind or intent for you?