[April 23, 2024, 09:42:02 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Herman Cain
[April 23, 2024, 09:23:41 PM]

Best case scenarios by Frenns Liquor Depot
[April 23, 2024, 03:55:21 PM]

Marquette Football Update by Viper
[April 23, 2024, 11:02:10 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Waukesha Christmas Parade  (Read 22512 times)

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
Re: Waukesha Christmas Parade
« Reply #300 on: November 26, 2021, 02:13:45 PM »
Take the rittenhouse agenda to another locked thread and let's keep thread focus on waukesha, please.

Bump.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #301 on: November 26, 2021, 02:16:43 PM »
Ziggy

82 won’t be happy until he gets the thread locked. He simply cannot control himself.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #302 on: November 26, 2021, 02:17:47 PM »
Ziggy

82 won’t be happy until he gets the thread locked. He simply cannot control himself.

Goose

Lenny brought up that entire line of thinking, but thanks for your concern.

I am glad you and your family had a happy and safe Thanksgiving. Stay well.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #303 on: November 26, 2021, 02:21:15 PM »
Ziggy

Uhhh.  Lenny’s is the one who started this ridiculous line of discussion.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Boozemon Barro

• All American
« Reply #304 on: November 27, 2021, 12:52:40 AM »
I am curious though, Lenny ...

You believe the Waukesha murderer leaves no doubt -- he said he wanted to kill old white people and dammit if he didn't kill old white people. He leaves no doubt for me, either. He made his state of mind and intentions very clear, he carried out his intentions, and he deserves to rot in prison for the rest of his life.

But Rittenhouse saying he wished he had his bleeping assault rifle so he could start shooting people ... and then actually going out and shooting people with his assault rifle ... that doesn't go toward his state of mind or intent for you?

They'd be comparable if Rittenhouse just opened fire on a group of completely unsuspecting people, killing indiscriminately.

Dickthedribbler

• All American
« Reply #305 on: November 27, 2021, 02:08:44 AM »

I guess people will find outrage when they want to be outraged.

If intentionally plowing a 3500+ lb. SUV into a crowd of thousands of people, killing 6 and injuring 50+,  can dishonestly be dismissed as a "car crash" or an "accident" by the media, then Charlottesville must have been nothing more than a "minor fender bender". And George Floyd was not a police killing, but merely "law enforcement overreaction". Funny, I don't recall the media rebranding or sanitizing descriptions of either Charlottesville or Minneapolis---nor should they have.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #306 on: November 27, 2021, 06:50:47 AM »
If intentionally plowing a 3500+ lb. SUV into a crowd of thousands of people, killing 6 and injuring 50+,  can dishonestly be dismissed as a "car crash" or an "accident" by the media, then Charlottesville must have been nothing more than a "minor fender bender". And George Floyd was not a police killing, but merely "law enforcement overreaction". Funny, I don't recall the media rebranding or sanitizing descriptions of either Charlottesville or Minneapolis---nor should they have.

Charlottesville white nationalist rally blamed for 3 deaths ...
https://www.foxnews.com › charlottesville-white-nationali...
Aug 12, 2017 — Video shows car crashing into Charlottesville protest.

The crash occurred approximately two hours after clashes in which hundreds of people scramed, chanted, threw punches, hurled water bottles and unleashed chemical sprays on each other ahead of the scheduled noon demonstration.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2021, 06:52:34 AM by Pakuni »

• All American
« Reply #307 on: November 27, 2021, 07:16:39 AM »

Again, I will focus my anger on the incident.  You can focus your anger at how "the media" describes the incident.

BTW, anyone who thinks "the media" is trying to "sanitize" this incident isn't thinking clearly.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Marquette Fan

• Team Captain
« Reply #308 on: November 27, 2021, 07:42:13 AM »
And the two Jersey Mikes in Waukesha donated 100% of sales Wednesday to community relief efforts for parade victims.  North of $18,000.

Yes they had a great fundraiser also and a number of other businesses are helping out also.

Here's a list the Waukesha Freeman put together of some ways to help out:

https://www.gmtoday.com/news/ways-to-help-in-the-aftermath-of-the-waukesha-christmas-parade-tragedy/article_be8a2e2a-4bbb-11ec-84c1-d7f6aea0f78a.html?fbclid=IwAR1XFjHiuYC3tajcJyNe42WzVh8FlBbclNel47e-MSGHKms6ohJWl-MfhB0

Additionally the Waukesha West/CMH Girls Swim & Dive team is hosting a Culver's Night from 5p-8p Monday 11/29 at the Culver's on Sunset.  Citizens Bank employee Jane Kulich who was one of the parade victims was a swim mom and 100% of funds raised will go to the Kulich family.  Additionally they will have a donation box present at Culver's that night.

NCMUFan

• All American
« Reply #309 on: November 27, 2021, 07:58:49 AM »
Thank you for the link.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #310 on: November 27, 2021, 09:13:58 AM »
They'd be comparable if Rittenhouse just opened fire on a group of completely unsuspecting people, killing indiscriminately.

Thanks for your response. Although I think you're dismissing Rittenhouse's intent and state of mind a little too easily -- the men he killed also were "unsuspecting" in that they didn't go to Kenosha thinking there was a chance they'd get killed by a person who earlier had said he'd start shooting with an assault rifle if he had one -- I do understand the distinction you've made. The folks participating in the Waukesha parade (rather than the Kenosha mayhem) obviously had even less reason to believe they'd be involved in any kind of violence, and it was a heinous act perpetrated by an evil man. I think we'll both agree that all of the deaths, in both tragedies, were unnecessary and horrible.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #311 on: November 27, 2021, 09:27:07 AM »

Charlottesville white nationalist rally blamed for 3 deaths ...
https://www.foxnews.com › charlottesville-white-nationali...
Aug 12, 2017 — Video shows car crashing into Charlottesville protest.

The crash occurred approximately two hours after clashes in which hundreds of people scramed, chanted, threw punches, hurled water bottles and unleashed chemical sprays on each other ahead of the scheduled noon demonstration.

Weird.

We’ll see crickets from the people who want to blame “the media” for everything.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Boozemon Barro

• All American
« Reply #312 on: November 27, 2021, 10:52:06 AM »
Thanks for your response. Although I think you're dismissing Rittenhouse's intent and state of mind a little too easily -- the men he killed also were "unsuspecting" in that they didn't go to Kenosha thinking there was a chance they'd get killed by a person who earlier had said he'd start shooting with an assault rifle if he had one -- I do understand the distinction you've made. The folks participating in the Waukesha parade (rather than the Kenosha mayhem) obviously had even less reason to believe they'd be involved in any kind of violence, and it was a heinous act perpetrated by an evil man. I think we'll both agree that all of the deaths, in both tragedies, were unnecessary and horrible.

I think the comparison should be somewhere between the Oklahoma State parade massacre (which I admittedly forgot all about) and the Dylan Roof Charleston church massacre. OSU parade was apparently someone having a psychotic break and the Charleston massacre was someone targeting people because of their race in hopes of starting a race war, which I think would constitute terrorism. I found it odd the police came out and said this wasn't terrorism so quickly. I would think you'd need to investigate the killer's internet history and interview his friends and family before that could be determined.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #313 on: November 27, 2021, 10:58:35 AM »
I found it odd the police came out and said this wasn't terrorism so quickly. I would think you'd need to investigate the killer's internet history and interview his friends and family before that could be determined.

It was nearly 24 hours between this occurring and cops coming out and saying this wasn't terrorism. Do you not believe they used that time to do these things? Or are they so utterly incompetent that they didn't think of it? Or is it a cover up? One of these three things must be true,

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #314 on: November 27, 2021, 03:55:17 PM »
Weird.

We’ll see crickets from the people who want to blame “the media” for everything.

I don’t have a problem with a description that states a car crashed into a group of protesters or a group in a parade. It may not be the most precise description but it’s not inaccurate. Calling either incident an “accident” is a whole other story.

Lighthouse 84

• All American
« Reply #315 on: November 27, 2021, 04:30:41 PM »
When it’s intentional, they should say that a driver caused his car (SUV) to crash into the parade or crowd, etc. Unless we’re talking about Kitt or Christine, the driver did all the causing.
HILLTOP SENIOR SURVEY from 1984 Yearbook: 
Favorite Drinking Establishment:

1. The Avalanche.              7. Major Goolsby's.
2. The Gym.                      8. Park Avenue.
3. The Ardmore.                 9. Mugrack.
4. O'Donohues.                 10. Lighthouse.
5. O'Pagets.
6. Hagerty's.

• All American
« Reply #316 on: November 27, 2021, 06:21:50 PM »
Lol. We are still debating what “the media” should call this?  My lord. 

MU82

• All American
« Reply #317 on: November 27, 2021, 06:51:21 PM »
I think the comparison should be somewhere between the Oklahoma State parade massacre (which I admittedly forgot all about) and the Dylan Roof Charleston church massacre. OSU parade was apparently someone having a psychotic break and the Charleston massacre was someone targeting people because of their race in hopes of starting a race war, which I think would constitute terrorism. I found it odd the police came out and said this wasn't terrorism so quickly. I would think you'd need to investigate the killer's internet history and interview his friends and family before that could be determined.

All different incidents, obviously. I don't know enough about at least a couple of them to comment further. Thanks for the conversation, BB.

Boozemon Barro

• All American
« Reply #318 on: November 28, 2021, 02:45:56 AM »
It was nearly 24 hours between this occurring and cops coming out and saying this wasn't terrorism. Do you not believe they used that time to do these things? Or are they so utterly incompetent that they didn't think of it? Or is it a cover up? One of these three things must be true,

I don't think you and I are that far off when it comes to the capabilty of police. I don't think that time frame was enough to determine the motive of the attack. Pure opinion from me btw.

Boozemon Barro

• All American
« Reply #319 on: November 28, 2021, 02:54:03 AM »
I don’t have a problem with a description that states a car crashed into a group of protesters or a group in a parade. It may not be the most precise description but it’s not inaccurate. Calling either incident an “accident” is a whole other story.

This is truly the most cop-out crap ever. Fox calling that crap a car crash is just as dishonest as whoever called waukesha an accident

Boozemon Barro

• All American
« Reply #320 on: November 28, 2021, 03:23:21 AM »

Sorry I came to this last. I'm drunk, from my cousin's wedding this weekend. I personally don't believe that was concluded in the timeframe of the investigation. I'll be happy to take the slings and arrows if I'm wrong. Racial hatered is a losing ideology for anyone that adopts it and should be admonished by all.  Again, these are my opinions.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #321 on: November 28, 2021, 05:17:28 AM »
Fluff

Scoop is not a requirement, don’t read the thread if you do not like the debate.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #322 on: November 28, 2021, 09:29:41 AM »
Fluff

Scoop is not a requirement, don’t read the thread if you do not like the debate.

Goose

His 1000 posts in the last 3 months and nearly 5000 in the past year suggest that to be a near impossibility.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #323 on: November 28, 2021, 09:34:25 AM »
Racial hatered is a losing ideology for anyone that adopts it and should be admonished by all.  Again, these are my opinions.

Agreed!
Which makes me wonder why some here are trying so hard to make this about race.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #324 on: November 28, 2021, 09:41:42 AM »
Goose

His 1000 posts in the last 3 months and nearly 5000 in the past year suggest that to be a near impossibility.

There’s nothing better than when people on a message board try to make fun of people for…spending time on the message board they’re posting on.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

feedback