Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

2024 NCAA Tournament Thread by Plaque Lives Matter!
[Today at 01:02:54 AM]

45 minutes ago at the Dallas Westin by MuggsyB
[Today at 12:19:24 AM]

2024 Coaching Carousel by Plaque Lives Matter!
[Today at 12:10:57 AM]

2024 Transfer Portal by CountryRoads
[Today at 12:05:42 AM]

Are we still recruiting anyone for the 24-25 season. by Don_Kojis
[Today at 12:04:21 AM]

Where is Marquette? by marqfan22
[March 28, 2024, 09:29:52 PM]

Chicago bars for Fri game by Daniel
[March 28, 2024, 08:47:22 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: Former MU players still in college thread  (Read 67972 times)

MU82

• All American
Re: Former MU players still in college thread
« Reply #400 on: March 12, 2022, 06:20:21 PM »

Oh yeah! How could I forget?

Edit: 0 pts in 21 mins for VSS in MSU’s loss to Purdue. But he’s still “alive,” as MSU obviously will make the NCAAT.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2022, 06:40:34 PM by MU82 »
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

mileskishnish72

• All American
« Reply #401 on: March 12, 2022, 10:39:23 PM »
Same for Theo.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #402 on: March 13, 2022, 01:09:40 AM »
Same for Theo.

Yep. Theo and Joey can't win their postseason conference titles but both still have a shot at the national title. I'd say Joey's chances are extremely slim, and Theo's chances aren't great.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #403 on: March 21, 2022, 12:05:22 PM »
Then there was one: Theo John.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #404 on: March 21, 2022, 12:11:09 PM »
Then there was one: Theo John.
Somewhere, nolongerwarriors is gnashing whatever teeth he has left.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #405 on: March 21, 2022, 12:17:24 PM »
Somewhere, nolongerwarriors nolongerscooper is gnashing whatever teeth he has left.

Uncle Rico

• All American
« Reply #406 on: March 21, 2022, 12:43:51 PM »
“This is bar none atrocious.  Mitchell cannot shoot either.  What a pile of dung”

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #407 on: March 21, 2022, 01:08:16 PM »
Did he get the hammer?
No…his team lost to an 11 seed in a home game.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #408 on: March 21, 2022, 06:30:38 PM »
Oh yeah! How could I forget?

Edit: 0 pts in 21 mins for VSS in MSU’s loss to Purdue. But he’s still “alive,” as MSU obviously will make the NCAAT.

I thought found it inappropriate to criticize college athletes. Yet, you just did that in a very racist, demeaning manner, aina?

#hatehasnohomeherehypocrite
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

MU82

• All American
« Reply #409 on: March 21, 2022, 10:53:50 PM »
I thought found it inappropriate to criticize college athletes. Yet, you just did that in a very racist, demeaning manner, aina?

#hatehasnohomeherehypocrite

You're funny.

But at least VSS never spoke up for racial equity, so I can see why you still love the little crybaby, who quit on his team during the season.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2022, 10:55:33 PM by MU82 »

Elonsmusk

• All American
« Reply #410 on: March 23, 2022, 09:11:22 AM »
You're funny.

But at least VSS never spoke up for racial equity, so I can see why you still love the little crybaby, who quit on his team during the season.

If your teammates chose to bring race into the discussion regarding your play as a basketball player, by way of giving you the nickname vanilla soft serve, why would you join their cause and support their protests for racial equity (or stick around and continue to play with them?) 

As for Theo, nice kid, but as it relates to soft serve, Theo would qualify as chocolate soft serve.   Joey Hauser was a much better basketball player than Theo, and a better rebounder for that matter - which is pretty surprising given Theo's physique.  Theo could only get on the court for 27% of the minutes at Duke whereas Izzo felt Joey was "tough" enough to start and play 54% of minutes.

withoutbias

• All American
« Reply #411 on: March 23, 2022, 09:15:51 AM »
If your teammates chose to bring race into the discussion regarding your play as a basketball player, by way of giving you the nickname vanilla soft serve, why would you join their cause and support their protests for racial equity (or stick around and continue to play with them?) 

As for Theo, nice kid, but as it relates to soft serve, Theo would qualify as chocolate soft serve.   Joey Hauser was a much better basketball player than Theo, and a better rebounder for that matter - which is pretty surprising given Theo's physique.  Theo could only get on the court for 27% of the minutes at Duke whereas Izzo felt Joey was "tough" enough to start and play 54% of minutes.

Because racial equality is something that should be strived for everywhere and for everyone, regardless of if your precious feelings got hurt.

Elonsmusk

• All American
« Reply #412 on: March 23, 2022, 09:40:49 AM »
Because racial equality is something that should be strived for everywhere and for everyone, regardless of if your precious feelings got hurt.

I agree.  Except to interject race attached to a derogatory attribute, is, ultimately being racist.  Nothing wrong with thinking or calling a teammate soft.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #413 on: March 23, 2022, 11:50:42 AM »

Theo was a 3-star role player who has worked hard, supported his teammates, and performed his assigned role well for two teams. Joey was a near-5-star who has vastly underperformed the hype; his best season by far was under the Worst Coach Ever, and he has regressed significantly under a Hall of Fame coach. You love talking about recruiting rankings; by that measure, Joey has been one of the biggest recent failures in college basketball.

It was a white Scooper, not teammates, who nicknamed him Vanilla Soft Serve, and it's a fitting nickname for a pouty loser who quit on his team in the middle of a promising season.

As a Marquette alum, I'm proud of Theo John, who earned his degree in 4 years, who was on the BE All-Academic Team, who worked hard for our basketball team, and who recognized the importance of speaking for equity in a country plagued by systemic racism.

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #414 on: March 23, 2022, 12:02:20 PM »

Wow is there a lot of stupid to unpack here.

First, you though the soft serve nick name was given out by the players??? LOL.

Second, did you just imply that the perfecentage of minutes Theo gets at Duke should equal the % Joey gets on this years MSU?

Third, Izzo thought Joey was capable enough to play 54% of minutes on one of Izzos weakest teams especially at Joeys position.

Im actually dumbfound you tried to compare minutes played at Duke a 2 seed with lottery picks and MSU a 7 seed with probably no current draft picks at all right now.
Lazar picking up where the BIG 3 left off....

Uncle Rico

• All American
« Reply #415 on: March 23, 2022, 12:48:54 PM »
Wow is there a lot of stupid to unpack here.

First, you though the soft serve nick name was given out by the players??? LOL.

Second, did you just imply that the perfecentage of minutes Theo gets at Duke should equal the % Joey gets on this years MSU?

Third, Izzo thought Joey was capable enough to play 54% of minutes on one of Izzos weakest teams especially at Joeys position.

Im actually dumbfound you tried to compare minutes played at Duke a 2 seed with lottery picks and MSU a 7 seed with probably no current draft picks at all right now.

Joey was overrated coming out of high school.  That’s not unique to him.  It happens with a lot of players.  He almost certainly played his best basketball before he got injured.

The reality is, he was pretty meh at Michigan State versus what was expected.  I saw a Spartans beat writer say this during the Davidson game, Joey would have been a very productive A-10 player.”
“This is bar none atrocious.  Mitchell cannot shoot either.  What a pile of dung”

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
  • "Private message me coward" - panda
« Reply #416 on: March 23, 2022, 01:11:53 PM »
Joey was overrated coming out of high school.  That’s not unique to him.  It happens with a lot of players.  He almost certainly played his best basketball before he got injured.

The reality is, he was pretty meh at Michigan State versus what was expected.  I saw a Spartans beat writer say this during the Davidson game, Joey would have been a very productive A-10 player.”

I don't think the bolded is correct.  I think he just peaked early.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Uncle Rico

• All American
« Reply #417 on: March 23, 2022, 01:13:47 PM »

I don't think the bolded is correct.  I think he just peaked early.

That might be the best way to say it

BrewCity83

• All American
« Reply #418 on: March 23, 2022, 01:39:14 PM »
Joey is the big jock we all went to high school with who by the 10-year reunion was almost completely bald and overweight.
The shaka sign, sometimes known as "hang loose", is a gesture of friendly intent often associated with Hawaii and surf culture.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #419 on: March 23, 2022, 04:57:45 PM »
Joey is the big jock we all went to high school with who by the 10-year reunion was almost completely bald and overweight.

So Scoop

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #420 on: March 23, 2022, 06:42:15 PM »

Elonsmusk

• All American
« Reply #421 on: March 23, 2022, 07:55:43 PM »
Theo was a 3-star role player who has worked hard, supported his teammates, and performed his assigned role well for two teams. Joey was a near-5-star who has vastly underperformed the hype; his best season by far was under the Worst Coach Ever, and he has regressed significantly under a Hall of Fame coach. You love talking about recruiting rankings; by that measure, Joey has been one of the biggest recent failures in college basketball.

It was a white Scooper, not teammates, who nicknamed him Vanilla Soft Serve, and it's a fitting nickname for a pouty loser who quit on his team in the middle of a promising season.

As a Marquette alum, I'm proud of Theo John, who earned his degree in 4 years, who was on the BE All-Academic Team, who worked hard for our basketball team, and who recognized the importance of speaking for equity in a country plagued by systemic racism.

I stand corrected then.  My recollection was the nickname vanilla soft serve was said/coined by his teammates.  If not then my point is irrelevant.

As for Theo, he was recruited as a rebounder/defender/shot blocker.  He did well on the shot blocking, but his rebounding wasn't very good.  Some of that was a function of always going for blocks and getting out of position, but for as physically strong/gifted as Theo was, he didn't live up to the expectation that he'd fill that role.

Joey did underperform his high 4 star ranking. But end of the day he was a better college basketball player than Theo.  I wouldn't have expected Joey to be a better rebounder than Theo, but he was.  Offensively it was no contest.

Lastly, I don't hold it against Joey or Sam for leaving.  They didn't want to play with a total ball hog, and tried to get Wojo to actually do something, and he couldn't get it done.  The letter writing has been ridiculed by you and the other Hauser haters, but it never should have gotten to that point.  That was their effort to stay at MU.  Unfortunately for Wojo his only coaching move was...Markus, shoot more.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #422 on: March 23, 2022, 07:59:04 PM »
I stand corrected then.  My recollection was the nickname vanilla soft serve was said/coined by his teammates.  If not then my point is irrelevant.

As for Theo, he was recruited as a rebounder/defender/shot blocker.  He did well on the shot blocking, but his rebounding wasn't very good.  Some of that was a function of always going for blocks and getting out of position, but for as physically strong/gifted as Theo was, he didn't live up to the expectation that he'd fill that role.

Joey did underperform his high 4 star ranking. But end of the day he was a better college basketball player than Theo.  I wouldn't have expected Joey to be a better rebounder than Theo, but he was.  Offensively it was no contest.

Lastly, I don't hold it against Joey or Sam for leaving.  They didn't want to play with a total ball hog, and tried to get Wojo to actually do something, and he couldn't get it done.  The letter writing has been ridiculed by you and the other Hauser haters, but it never should have gotten to that point.  That was their effort to stay at MU.  Unfortunately for Wojo his only coaching move was...Markus, shoot more.

…and yet you wanted Markus to shoot at Creighton.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #423 on: March 23, 2022, 08:08:09 PM »

Great, now he can take his talent to Bulgaria, aina?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Elonsmusk

• All American
« Reply #424 on: March 23, 2022, 08:11:20 PM »
…and yet you wanted Markus to shoot at Creighton.

Yes.  Or to at least be on the floor, instead of Joe Chartouney as a shooting threat.