collapse

* Recent Posts

[Paint Touches] Big East programs ranked by NBA representation by TAMU, Knower of Ball
[Today at 12:00:10 AM]

So....What are we ranked on Monday - 11/1/2024? by TAMU, Knower of Ball
[April 28, 2024, 11:58:04 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by MU82
[April 28, 2024, 09:55:19 PM]

Banquet by Skatastrophy
[April 28, 2024, 06:50:03 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Juan Anderson's Mixtape
[April 28, 2024, 06:37:34 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by MU82
[April 28, 2024, 06:32:11 PM]

D-I Logo Quiz by SoCalEagle
[April 28, 2024, 01:23:01 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: 2021-22 NBA Thread: The Bucks are Reigning Champs  (Read 181360 times)

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
Re: 2021-22 NBA Thread: The Bucks are Reigning Champs
« Reply #2425 on: May 17, 2022, 07:26:20 AM »
You're write Fluffster. Sue Bird iz a hellofa playa, hey?

Resorting to using Capital One's lame jokes from a few weeks ago?
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #2426 on: May 17, 2022, 07:28:18 AM »
That's fair.

Bird also had McHale, Parish and DJ (among others) as teammates, so there was every reason to share the ball. If he were playing today, I think he'd be somewhat more ball-dominant, because that's the way the game is played. He'd also average way more 3s than he took (career average - 1.9 attempts per game).

There definitely are former players who were stars once upon a time but whose games wouldn't work very well now. A guy I just mentioned, Parish, is probably one. But Bird would have been a superstar today.

I think Bird today wouldn't be dominant a la Doncic.  That is why I thought his game was more like Durant's or George's, who traditionally have played off the ball with occasionally taking a role at point.

In today's NBA, Bird would be very good.  A step below Durant IMO.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

MU82

• All American
« Reply #2427 on: May 17, 2022, 09:20:53 AM »
The same Patrick Beverly who lost a round earlier in the playoffs, and who last year got smoked in the playoffs by Paul, and resorted to shoving him in the back. Beverly's a middling role player who is doing his job on the air now I guess, being a prick.

Yep. From The Athletic:

Beverley spent several hours trashing Paul, who faded down the stretch of the Suns’ devastating seven-game series loss to the Mavericks in the Western Conference semifinals. Beverley said Paul “can’t guard and everyone knows that” before calling the 37-year-old a “cone” akin to the ones you use in practice — motionless placeholders.

The entire NBA discourse went crazy. A few levels here:

Beverley probably won himself a media job after his playing days with the performance Monday. He clearly enjoyed being there and made for great TV.

It was also rich watching Beverley, who tops out as a great role player, criticizing a surefire Hall of Famer about losing in a playoff series when Beverley’s team lost a round earlier.

Let’s think back to a year ago, as Paul’s Suns were blowing out Beverley’s Clippers in Phoenix’s series-clinching Game 6 win in the Western Conference semifinals, when Beverley got ejected for shoving Paul in the back with five minutes left in the game. Hm!

Former NBA player Matt Barnes called out Beverley on those same ESPN airwaves later in the day. Damian Lillard chirped back, too. Paul has plenty of respect around the league.

Beverley’s only superpower is making people angry on the court, and apparently he’s just as talented in that regard off the floor, too. The cynic in me would also like to point out that Beverley helped ESPN manufacture its own news cycle, which has now exceeded 24 hours.

Don’t take him too seriously.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #2428 on: May 17, 2022, 10:24:00 AM »
The same Patrick Beverly who lost a round earlier in the playoffs, and who last year got smoked in the playoffs by Paul, and resorted to shoving him in the back. Beverly's a middling role player who is doing his job on the air now I guess, being a prick.

Not sure how that changes anything I said.  I never said it wasn't insanely petty and agenda driven, of course it was.  He hates CP3 and always has.

But at the same time, its funny to call out Beverly for pushing Paul...when Paul has been dirty his entire career. 

Beverley had issues in college, went to play in the Eastern European hinterlands, and then clawed his way into becoming a starter on playoff teams for a decade....mostly by being a defensive pest to HOFers like Paul.  Acting like he has no credibility is silly.

His point that Paul was hurting the Suns was absolutely right.  And he even acknowledged that he, himself, was benched in a similar way and that it was the right move.  People are getting bothered thinking about the collective "Chris Paul"...not the 37 year old Chris Paul who was terrible the entire Mavs series and who was a defensively liability.

lawdog77

• All American
« Reply #2429 on: May 17, 2022, 11:25:16 AM »
Not sure how that changes anything I said.  I never said it wasn't insanely petty and agenda driven, of course it was.  He hates CP3 and always has.

But at the same time, its funny to call out Beverly for pushing Paul...when Paul has been dirty his entire career. 

Beverley had issues in college, went to play in the Eastern European hinterlands, and then clawed his way into becoming a starter on playoff teams for a decade....mostly by being a defensive pest to HOFers like Paul.  Acting like he has no credibility is silly.

His point that Paul was hurting the Suns was absolutely right.  And he even acknowledged that he, himself, was benched in a similar way and that it was the right move.  People are getting bothered thinking about the collective "Chris Paul"...not the 37 year old Chris Paul who was terrible the entire Mavs series and who was a defensively liability.
My point is hearing a dirty middle of the road player saying the same crap about a dirty Hall of Famer as he has been saying since Beverly made the NBA isn't really must see TV or incredible, in my book.

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #2430 on: May 17, 2022, 12:20:53 PM »
NBA Lottery is tonight, here's the odds and a writeup - https://www.nba.com/news/nba-draft-lottery-explainer

Who're you rooting for? Rooting against?

MU82

• All American
« Reply #2431 on: May 17, 2022, 04:36:54 PM »
NBA Lottery is tonight, here's the odds and a writeup - https://www.nba.com/news/nba-draft-lottery-explainer

Who're you rooting for? Rooting against?

Rooting for the Hornets, of course.

As for another NBA topic … will be interesting to see how much Boston has left in the tank. The Heat’s damn good, and I think they win in 5 or 6.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #2432 on: May 17, 2022, 06:12:37 PM »
Heat ain't winnin' if the C's shoot like they did vs Bucks. But, da Deers game-plan sucked major ass for a team without guards who can shoot, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #2433 on: May 17, 2022, 06:20:04 PM »
Heat in 6 or 7.

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #2434 on: May 17, 2022, 06:43:13 PM »
Heat ain't winnin' if the C's shoot like they did vs Bucks. But, da Deers game-plan sucked major ass for a team without guards who can shoot, hey?

The Heat and C's both have top 5 defences. I expect the series to be a slugfest.

Heat in 3

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #2435 on: May 17, 2022, 06:47:37 PM »
C’s in 6
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #2436 on: May 17, 2022, 08:52:15 PM »
Tatum is no joke.

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #2437 on: May 17, 2022, 09:21:35 PM »
Coach Spo with the coaching clinic out of halftime

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #2438 on: May 17, 2022, 09:22:51 PM »
Wow.  What a 7 mins from Miami and James Buckets!

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #2439 on: May 17, 2022, 09:51:10 PM »
Jimmys 3rd qtr was one of the best both sides of the ball qtrs I have ever seen.

Completely imposed his will
Lazar picking up where the BIG 3 left off....

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #2440 on: May 17, 2022, 10:01:46 PM »
Nice that Jimmy got to sit for so long in the 4th.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #2441 on: May 17, 2022, 10:24:25 PM »
Rough night for the Jimmy Butler haters, one of whom we have on Scoop.

He's been one of the top 3 players this postseason, along with Luka and Giannis.

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #2442 on: May 17, 2022, 10:36:20 PM »
Rough night for the Jimmy Butler haters, one of whom we have on Scoop.

He's been one of the top 3 players this postseason, along with Luka and Giannis.

Offense and defense included I think hes been number one.

Coming into tonight him and Luka and idential PER's. And Jimmy has a massive defensive edge.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #2443 on: May 17, 2022, 10:41:22 PM »
Offense and defense included I think hes been number one.

Coming into tonight him and Luka and idential PER's. And Jimmy has a massive defensive edge.

Great point. Jimmy was outstanding on D tonight, and he capped it with that two-handed block/steal on Pritchard in the closing minute.

If there are three better 2-way players in the NBA, I don't know who they are. He's like Sidney Moncrief in his prime.

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #2444 on: May 17, 2022, 10:47:43 PM »
Great point. Jimmy was outstanding on D tonight, and he capped it with that two-handed block/steal on Pritchard in the closing minute.

If there are three better 2-way players in the NBA, I don't know who they are. He's like Sidney Moncrief in his prime.

41 points on 19 shots. Added 9 res, 5 assists, 4 steals, and 3 blocks, with only 2 TOs.

That's one hell of an efficient game.

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #2445 on: May 17, 2022, 10:51:17 PM »

Yup. Itll definitely get tougher when Smart returns.

When Jimmy was matched with Pritchard on either end, it was truly like 5 year younger little bro trying to go against Big bro.

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #2446 on: May 18, 2022, 07:41:30 AM »
Jimmy is playing a lot like Kawhi did for Toronto a few years ago. 

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #2447 on: May 18, 2022, 08:30:36 AM »
Jimmy is playing a lot like Kawhi did for Toronto a few years ago. 

Jimmy played great in that Raptors v Sixers series. Almost willed the Sixers to the ECF. He vibes so well with Embiid.

Really interesting to see Duncan Robinson get so many DNP CD lines in the playoffs this year. Strus' defense makes him hard to bench in favor of Duncan's offensive upside. I suppose you'd see offenses hunting Duncan every possession like you saw the Heat hunting Pritchard.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #2448 on: May 18, 2022, 10:20:33 AM »
Duncan has lottsa tyme ta chek his bank account while ridin' da pines, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #2449 on: May 18, 2022, 10:21:50 AM »
Duncan has lottsa tyme ta chek his bank account while ridin' da pines, hey?

If only I could be so lucky.

feedback