[April 19, 2024, 11:53:22 PM]

santa rosa flirt adult by JakeBarnes
[April 19, 2024, 11:23:24 PM]

2024 Mock Drafts by Jockey
[April 19, 2024, 11:10:31 PM]

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by Scoop Snoop
[April 19, 2024, 09:34:36 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: 2021-22 NBA Thread: The Bucks are Reigning Champs  (Read 179299 times)

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
Re: 2021-22 NBA Thread: The Bucks are Reigning Champs
« Reply #3150 on: June 30, 2022, 07:51:29 AM »
Even the headline is funny. "Sharpshooter?" His 3% last year was .399. His EFG is .525.

Good on him that he's getting this contract, but IDK...
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #3151 on: June 30, 2022, 08:04:34 AM »
https://clutchpoints.com/heat-news-tyler-herro-feels-himself-with-wild-nba-superstar-comparisons/

He put himself in the same group as Morant, Doncic, and Young. Like I said, he had a very good season, he didn't have that good of a season.

The same group as Doncic?  Oh....okay.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #3152 on: June 30, 2022, 09:11:02 AM »
Even the headline is funny. "Sharpshooter?" His 3% last year was .399. His EFG is .525.

Good on him that he's getting this contract, but IDK...

I mean, that percentage is top 25 in the league last year...And the eFG is top 25 among guards.

Again, not saying im sold on him getting that kind of contract, but those are very good shooting percentages, not sure why its funny.

• All American
« Reply #3153 on: June 30, 2022, 09:23:07 AM »
I guess I have a different definition of "sharpshooter" than you do.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

MU82

• All American
« Reply #3154 on: June 30, 2022, 10:50:55 AM »
The Hornets' Miles Bridges, on the eve of perhaps becoming one of the richest players in the league, gets arrested for felony domestic violence.

“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #3155 on: June 30, 2022, 10:53:08 AM »
The Hornets' Miles Bridges, on the eve of perhaps becoming one of the richest players in the league, gets arrested for felony domestic violence.

Izzo is March
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

• All American
« Reply #3156 on: June 30, 2022, 10:53:26 AM »
Not been a stellar off-season for the Hornets so far...

MU82

• All American
« Reply #3157 on: June 30, 2022, 11:15:33 AM »
Not been a stellar off-season for the Hornets so far...

A trend dating back a couple decades.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #3158 on: June 30, 2022, 06:56:35 PM »
anfernee simmons 4 years $100 mil...quite the risk hedging $25 mil/year
don't...don't don't don't don't

• All American
« Reply #3159 on: June 30, 2022, 07:02:55 PM »
Bucks sign Joe Ingles with the MLE. Good shooter and supposedly great locker room guy. Risky with him coming off a torn ACL in January meaning he won't be available immediately. But he's big at 6'8"

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #3160 on: June 30, 2022, 07:30:00 PM »
Bucks sign Joe Ingles with the MLE. Good shooter and supposedly great locker room guy. Risky with him coming off a torn ACL in January meaning he won't be available immediately. But he's big at 6'8"

The contract could be valuable come deadline time.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #3161 on: June 30, 2022, 08:49:17 PM »
anfernee simmons 4 years $100 mil...quite the risk hedging $25 mil/year

Wild contract for a guy who has never been a regular starter.  If he's getting $25MM, then Herro getting $25MM is value.  I think he's an intriguing young player, but man that seems premature.

LOVE it if he's remotely healthy.  He's exactly the kind of guy the Bucks need.  Good shooter, good vet presence, good size.  Solid pickup.

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #3162 on: June 30, 2022, 09:48:08 PM »
Wild contract for a guy who has never been a regular starter.  If he's getting $25MM, then Herro getting $25MM is value.  I think he's an intriguing young player, but man that seems premature.

LOVE it if he's remotely healthy.  He's exactly the kind of guy the Bucks need.  Good shooter, good vet presence, good size.  Solid pickup.

Not sure I see a big difference between Herro and Simmons. Simmons was the better shooter, playing on a bad team, meaning he was focused on more.

I'd take Simmons over Herro right now.

Juan Anderson's Mixtape

• All American
« Reply #3163 on: July 01, 2022, 07:11:15 AM »
Do people still think $25 million per year is max money?  The highest salaries are now $45 million per year.

60% of a max salary is fine for players like Herro, Brunson, and Simmons.  Especially when taking into account that future contracts will continuinge to climb.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #3164 on: July 01, 2022, 09:19:57 AM »
Not sure I see a big difference between Herro and Simmons. Simmons was the better shooter, playing on a bad team, meaning he was focused on more.

I'd take Simmons over Herro right now.

Simmons shot 44.3% on 14 attempts a game and Herro shot 44.7% on 17 attempts a game.  Simmons shot 40.5% on 7.5 3s a game, Herro shot 40% on 7.  Their eFG are 2% different.  Simmons wasn't the focus of any concerted effort, especially if Dame was on the floor.

Herro was the 6th man of the year on a great team and Simmons put up decent stats for a terrible team, not sure why Simmons is some preferred option.  He's been in the league 4 seasons and played no real meaningful basketball.  He only got extended minutes this year cause McCollum was traded and Lillard was hurt.

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #3165 on: July 01, 2022, 10:45:09 AM »
Simmons shot 44.3% on 14 attempts a game and Herro shot 44.7% on 17 attempts a game.  Simmons shot 40.5% on 7.5 3s a game, Herro shot 40% on 7.  Their eFG are 2% different.  Simmons wasn't the focus of any concerted effort, especially if Dame was on the floor.

Herro was the 6th man of the year on a great team and Simmons put up decent stats for a terrible team, not sure why Simmons is some preferred option.  He's been in the league 4 seasons and played no real meaningful basketball.  He only got extended minutes this year cause McCollum was traded and Lillard was hurt.

So your stats confirm my statement that there is not a big difference between Herro and Simmons, and that Simmons was the better shooter.

6th man of the year is always going to go to a player on a "great team" that is how those awards work.

Regarding who I'd take. That is an opinion, and I'd take Simmons.

CreightonWarrior

• Starter
« Reply #3166 on: July 01, 2022, 11:28:15 AM »
The Zion contract will age beautifully.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #3167 on: July 01, 2022, 11:29:18 AM »
So your stats confirm my statement that there is not a big difference between Herro and Simmons, and that Simmons was the better shooter.

6th man of the year is always going to go to a player on a "great team" that is how those awards work.

Regarding who I'd take. That is an opinion, and I'd take Simmons.

I don't know about you, but less than a percentage doesn't convey "better shooter" to me.  Trying to claim so is just pedantic.  There is more to basketball than shooting percentages, which Herro was better than Simmons in basically all of them.

Herro's advanced stats were much better, he's a better defender.  The notion that Simmons was more of a focus for defenses than Herro is just silly and not based in anything.  He was the Blazers' third leading scorer...after removing Dame and CJ.

You're certainly entitled to your opinion, but its not based in much other than minute differences in shooting percentages.

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #3168 on: July 01, 2022, 12:05:21 PM »
I don't know about you, but less than a percentage doesn't convey "better shooter" to me.  Trying to claim so is just pedantic.  There is more to basketball than shooting percentages, which Herro was better than Simmons in basically all of them.

Herro's advanced stats were much better, he's a better defender.  The notion that Simmons was more of a focus for defenses than Herro is just silly and not based in anything.  He was the Blazers' third leading scorer...after removing Dame and CJ.

You're certainly entitled to your opinion, but its not based in much other than minute differences in shooting percentages.

Much of the NBA is about potential.

Herro has mediocre athleticism, has short arms (6'3" wingspan). I view him largely at his max potential right now. And his defensive abilities are significantly inflated by him playing on the Heat who have a great defense.

Anfernee Simons is an excellent athlete (41.5" vertical), with a long wingspan (6'9"). He is just tapping into his potential at the moment, and him just tapping into his potential places him as a better shooter, with more athleticism and better measurements.

Worst case scenario in my opinion, is that Anfernee Simons stays a Herro-esque player. But the upside is a possible perennial all-star.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #3169 on: July 01, 2022, 01:05:33 PM »
Much of the NBA is about potential.

Herro has mediocre athleticism, has short arms (6'3" wingspan). I view him largely at his max potential right now. And his defensive abilities are significantly inflated by him playing on the Heat who have a great defense.

Anfernee Simons is an excellent athlete (41.5" vertical), with a long wingspan (6'9"). He is just tapping into his potential at the moment, and him just tapping into his potential places him as a better shooter, with more athleticism and better measurements.

Worst case scenario in my opinion, is that Anfernee Simons stays a Herro-esque player. But the upside is a possible perennial all-star.

I find it interesting that someone who has been in the league a season longer is viewed as still growing into his game.  But Herro is topped out.

I understand your athleticism point, but you seem to want to discredit everything about Herro, from his defensive (just cause of his team) to being 6th man (oh just cause he was on a better team) to his shooting making it seem like its Steph Curry Simmons to Russell Westbrook Herro while focusing everything on an older player's potential.

Not much else to say right now, cause arguments have been made, but you seem to be parroting the critiques of Herro before the draft and ignoring what he's done as an NBA player thus far.

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #3170 on: July 01, 2022, 03:27:12 PM »
That list should start with Gobert and it's not close. Donovan Mitchell refuses to pass to the guy.

Gobert to the Timberwolves
https://mobile.twitter.com/wojespn/status/1542955673880825856

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #3171 on: July 01, 2022, 05:46:27 PM »
And Brogdan to the Celtics.

They're awfully scary now.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers