collapse

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: 2021-22 NBA Thread: The Bucks are Reigning Champs  (Read 176139 times)

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
  • "Private message me coward" - panda
Re: 2021-22 NBA Thread: The Bucks are Reigning Champs
« Reply #3125 on: June 29, 2022, 08:09:07 AM »
Bradley Beal, who hasn't won a damn thing, is about to get almost $50M a year from the Wiz.

Wizards are kind of in a pickle with Beal though. He was going to opt out and potentially leave, so you either have to give him the $$ or rebuild. The problem is that I don't think Beal is a supermax player, I mean he is damn good, but is he a "build around him" kinda guy? IDK.

Their inability to get another guy to run with him has been the main problem in DC. Do they expect that to be Porzingas? That's not getting you out of the middle class of the league.

I would have said "trade him and start over," but a GM is loathe to do that because it likely costs him his job.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

MU82

• All American
« Reply #3126 on: June 29, 2022, 08:27:06 AM »

Wizards are kind of in a pickle with Beal though. He was going to opt out and potentially leave, so you either have to give him the $$ or rebuild. The problem is that I don't think Beal is a supermax player, I mean he is damn good, but is he a "build around him" kinda guy? IDK.

Their inability to get another guy to run with him has been the main problem in DC. Do they expect that to be Porzingas? That's not getting you out of the middle class of the league.

I would have said "trade him and start over," but a GM is loathe to do that because it likely costs him his job.

Agree with all that.

It's an expensive pickle, and the whole thing doesn't seem very kosher. Really tough for them to dill with. I wouldn't relish that situation.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Spotcheck Billy

• All American
« Reply #3127 on: June 29, 2022, 08:53:54 AM »
Yeah but they now have Johnny Davis to put the Wizards over the top.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #3128 on: June 29, 2022, 09:21:13 AM »
"Bradley Beal, who hasn't won a damn thing, is about to get almost $50M a year from the Wiz"

#privileged, aina?
« Last Edit: June 29, 2022, 11:39:09 AM by 4everwarriors »
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #3129 on: June 29, 2022, 09:46:31 AM »
Bradley Beal, who hasn't won a damn thing, is about to get almost $50M a year from the Wiz.

Well worth it. If the Wizards still stink you have a guy who any contender will give you ever pick and pick swap they have for 5 years, plus a starter for.

Much more worried about whether the Knicks and Sixers will be penalized for tampering or not.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2022, 09:48:13 AM by wadesworld »
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #3130 on: June 29, 2022, 10:05:42 AM »

Beal is worth it and he's definitely good enough to be a build around him guy.  He's been one of the most consistent elite scorers in the league, when healthy, for the last couple years.  And for a perimeter jump shooting guy, he's efficient.

The problem, as you mentioned, is the Wizards complete inability to put a competent roster around him.

EDIT: Wizards just added Monte Morris and Will Barton, which is interesting.

Meanwhile, for all the talk about Beal overpaid, the Knicks are about to give $25MM a year to a guy who wasn't even the best PG on his own team.  I like Brunson, but I don't think hes a top 10-12 PG in the league.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2022, 12:38:10 PM by JWags85 »

Spotcheck Billy

• All American
« Reply #3131 on: June 29, 2022, 01:50:39 PM »
Beal is worth it and he's definitely good enough to be a build around him guy.  He's been one of the most consistent elite scorers in the league, when healthy, for the last couple years.  And for a perimeter jump shooting guy, he's efficient.

The problem, as you mentioned, is the Wizards complete inability to put a competent roster around him.

EDIT: Wizards just added Monte Morris and Will Barton, which is interesting.

Meanwhile, for all the talk about Beal overpaid, the Knicks are about to give $25MM a year to a guy who wasn't even the best PG on his own team.  I like Brunson, but I don't think hes a top 10-12 PG in the league.

sadly, $25MM doesn't even put him in the top 10-12

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #3132 on: June 29, 2022, 01:57:51 PM »
sadly, $25MM doesn't even put him in the top 10-12

If you take out Damian Lillard, Kyrie, D'Angelo Russell, and Jamal Murray, who are all SGs who sometimes initiate offense (maybe Dame is a PG), $25MM would put him safely in the top 10 salary wise.

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #3133 on: June 29, 2022, 02:16:04 PM »
Tyler Herro is rumored to be finalizing a $25MM-$30MM/yr contract

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #3134 on: June 29, 2022, 02:41:53 PM »

Yikes.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

tower912

• All American
« Reply #3135 on: June 29, 2022, 02:48:42 PM »
Just thankful the Hausers didn't want to play with that ball hog.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #3136 on: June 29, 2022, 04:37:59 PM »

If he went 22ish/6/5 on 45/40/85 again after what he did this year.  I can start to see it.  But man that feels premature.

Then again, all he's done is outperform expectations to this point.

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #3137 on: June 29, 2022, 04:51:36 PM »
If he went 22ish/6/5 on 45/40/85 again after what he did this year.  I can start to see it.  But man that feels premature.

Then again, all he's done is outperform expectations to this point.

I didn't think he was particularly good in the playoffs. 

MU82

• All American
« Reply #3138 on: June 29, 2022, 04:53:46 PM »
It’s all funny money.

Including the $48M year Harden just opted out of.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #3139 on: June 29, 2022, 04:54:58 PM »
I didn't think he was particularly good in the playoffs.

He wasn't healthy for a chunk of them.

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #3140 on: June 29, 2022, 09:30:02 PM »
He wasn't healthy for a chunk of them.

True, but he wilted when the team needed him.

I'm glad I'm not the guy that has to pay him. I can't figure out what his ceiling is, but I'd be afraid to not pay the man that's growing at such an incredible clip every year.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #3141 on: June 29, 2022, 09:56:04 PM »
True, but he wilted when the team needed him.

I'm glad I'm not the guy that has to pay him. I can't figure out what his ceiling is, but I'd be afraid to not pay the man that's growing at such an incredible clip every year.

Yea, thats sort of what I meant by he's exceeded expectations.  I remember in this thread people laughing at his comments about himself before the season and how he viewed himself.  And pointed to some of his numbers last year after he blew up a bit in the bubble.  Then he backed it up and had a great year.

I have trouble seeing him as a really top tier, top 10 SG...but then again he just keeps getting better, seemingly has a great work ethic, and is in a great organization.  Who knows, its certainly a really interesting dilemma.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #3142 on: June 29, 2022, 10:05:14 PM »
Yea, thats sort of what I meant by he's exceeded expectations.  I remember in this thread people laughing at his comments about himself before the season and how he viewed himself.  And pointed to some of his numbers last year after he blew up a bit in the bubble.  Then he backed it up and had a great year.

I have trouble seeing him as a really top tier, top 10 SG...but then again he just keeps getting better, seemingly has a great work ethic, and is in a great organization.  Who knows, its certainly a really interesting dilemma.

Didn't he compare himself to Ja Morant? He had a good year,  he didn't have that good is a year
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #3143 on: June 30, 2022, 05:11:54 AM »
Didn't he compare himself to Ja Morant? He had a good year,  he didn't have that good is a year

He compared himself to Morant?  They have completely different games and skill-sets even if Herro for some reason thinks he's on his level.   

lawdog77

• All American
« Reply #3144 on: June 30, 2022, 05:13:48 AM »
He compared himself to Morant?  They have completely different games and skill-sets even if Herro for some reason thinks he's on his level.   
Well, they both have made Joey Hauser their b!tch.

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #3145 on: June 30, 2022, 05:18:51 AM »
Well, they both have made Joey Hauser their b!tch.

That must have been the impetus for his delusional comparison.  I remember when most people called me crazy for saying I would take Morant ahead of  Zion after watching him play two games before he destroyed us in the tournament. 

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #3146 on: June 30, 2022, 05:43:30 AM »
That must have been the impetus for his delusional comparison.  I remember when most people called me crazy for saying I would take Morant ahead of  Zion after watching him play two games before he destroyed us in the tournament.

I also thought taking Zion first was a mistake. Amazing athlete, but I couldn't imagine his knees holding up. And injury history has already riddled his young career, which was sadly predictable.
This space reserved for a 2024 National Championship celebration banner.

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #3147 on: June 30, 2022, 05:56:40 AM »
I also thought taking Zion first was a mistake. Amazing athlete, but I couldn't imagine his knees holding up. And injury history has already riddled his young career, which was sadly predictable.

I do think Zion is an incredible talent and hopefully he's back healthy.  I wouldn't count him out, he still is an amazing player.  That said I just felt because Morant would have the ball in his hands more, and is electric in the open floor, he would be harder to guard.  Ja has a different gear, it's really that simple.  His coast to coast jets and overall quicks, combined with his ability to change speeds and direction, make him an absolute nightmare in the open floor.  Or using a high screen in the half-court for that matter.  And we haven't even mentioned his ability to elevate which is triple tier one. 

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #3148 on: June 30, 2022, 06:36:00 AM »

https://clutchpoints.com/heat-news-tyler-herro-feels-himself-with-wild-nba-superstar-comparisons/

He put himself in the same group as Morant, Doncic, and Young. Like I said, he had a very good season, he didn't have that good of a season.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #3149 on: June 30, 2022, 06:38:40 AM »
https://clutchpoints.com/heat-news-tyler-herro-feels-himself-with-wild-nba-superstar-comparisons/

He put himself in the same group as Morant, Doncic, and Young. Like I said, he had a very good season, he didn't have that good of a season.

Correct. I stand by laughing at those comments 100%.

feedback